Star Wars

Star Wars

Author
Toughlove
Rising Star
Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Glenn - A-league Mad - 15 Aug 2016 12:28 PM
Toughlove - 14 Aug 2016 10:03 PM

MikeDude - 15 Aug 2016 7:59 AM

I loved it when I saw it in the cinema. My son and I went a second time to take my daughter and wife and still enjoyed it.
I still really like it but after the passage of time and then watching it after the blue ray came out that sameness has taken the edge of it for me.
Although I do like that a new director gets to take a well done reboot forward from here that should be something entirely fresh and new.

Also Rouge one looks great.

By my count they've now blown up 3 'death stars'.  Any bets on a 4th or 5th for the sequels? 
Toughlove
Toughlove
Rising Star
Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)

https://vimeo.com/160263943

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Toughlove - 15 Aug 2016 12:34 PM

Great video. I think people need to just accept The Force Awakens for what it is: A reboot in every sense of the word, and an extremely enjoyable one at that. That's exactly what they were trying to achieve, hence having JJ Abrams for the first installment only. 

Episode 8 has Rian Johnson directing. From what I've read, expect, an entirely different approach. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Toughlove
Toughlove
Rising Star

sydneyfc1987 - 15 Aug 2016 5:11 PM
Toughlove - 15 Aug 2016 12:34 PM

Great video. I think people need to just accept The Force Awakens for what it is: A reboot in every sense of the word, and an extremely enjoyable one at that. That's exactly what they were trying to achieve, hence having JJ Abrams for the first installment only. 

Episode 8 has Rian Johnson directing. From what I've read, expect, an entirely different approach. 

I'll admit I enjoyed it I just don't understand what the huge wankfest was all about given it's a copy of the first one.

But anyway good for stars wars tragics I guess.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Just saw rogue one, very enjoyable film, the action is probably the best out of any star wars film.

I thought the beginning seemed a bit disjointed and rushed though, a lot of characters, and a lot of world hopping.

That vader scene is amazing.

Was that Snoke with Vader?

Edited
8 Years Ago by Iridium1010
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Looking back at Rogue one trailers it's crazy just how much footage never made it into the final film.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

The reshoots mustve been as extensive as reported
chillbilly
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

I thought it was very underwhelming. There were too many things that I found distracting like the creepy CGI faces, illogical uses of technology and decision making. If if wasn't for the new droid and the brief but brutal Vader scene at the end I would probably not have enjoyed the movie. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Iridium1010 - 21 Dec 2016 11:59 AM
The reshoots mustve been as extensive as reported

Apparently they completely reworked the end of the movie after Edwards got the ok from Disney to kill everyone at the end, apparently the initial ending had not everyone dying because Edwards didn't think Disney would let him. Once he got the ok they changed it.

Also pretty clear they changed the way they transmit the Death Star plans with shots in the trailer of Jyn and Cassian running across the beach with the hard drive. Although that is because the layout of the base changed somewhere along the line with the satellite being separate from the main base at some stage.

They also apparently reworked a lot of Jyn's scenes to make her seem less abrasive
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

chillbilly - 21 Dec 2016 12:23 PM
I thought it was very underwhelming. There were too many things that I found distracting like the creepy CGI faces, illogical uses of technology and decision making. If if wasn't for the new droid and the brief but brutal Vader scene at the end I would probably not have enjoyed the movie. 

The CGI faces are interesting and have divided so many people. People either hate it, love it or don't mind it. Me personally I didn't mind it mostly because recasting the two roles would have felt a little weird and it's kind of hard to not have this movie without a lot of Tarkin and an appearance from Leia. I found I completely forgot about Tarkin's CGI after a while.

The CGI and Vader's pun with Krennic seem to be the biggest complaints, although I think it's stupid to complain about Vader's joke/pun with Krennic.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

I loved vaders pun, i noticed Vader sounded a little different, james earl jones aging perhaps.

Bring on episode 8
chillbilly
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 - 21 Dec 2016 2:52 PM
chillbilly - 21 Dec 2016 12:23 PM

The CGI faces are interesting and have divided so many people. People either hate it, love it or don't mind it. Me personally I didn't mind it mostly because recasting the two roles would have felt a little weird and it's kind of hard to not have this movie without a lot of Tarkin and an appearance from Leia. I found I completely forgot about Tarkin's CGI after a while.

The CGI and Vader's pun with Krennic seem to be the biggest complaints, although I think it's stupid to complain about Vader's joke/pun with Krennic.

I didn't mind Tarkin so much. Most of the time he was fine but there was several times the face just didn't seem right and distracted me too much. They to so obviously show Leia. While watching it I thought that they were going to finish with a reshot version of the opening of A New Hope more from Vaders' point of view. Then they would just have to show a glimps of here giving R2-D2 the message in the background. The bullshit about getting the hardcopy through the door while Vader was rampaging was way overdone. 

I was also disappointed with Donnie Yen's character. Maybe I'm typecasting him too much but I thought the only reason he was in the movie was to draw in fans of his films to watch the 10 seconds he fights and then he seems to lose that ability to move later in the film, when doing so would be helpful to everyone. I get the blind but potent due to a closeness with the force angle but I think it would have been better off with an actor who isn't known for and doesn't look like a martial artist. I had to fight back the groans for most of his scenes.
chillbilly
chillbilly
World Class

Iridium1010 - 21 Dec 2016 3:59 PM
I loved vaders pun, i noticed Vader sounded a little different, james earl jones aging perhaps.Bring on episode 8

I thought they just didn't distort it as much as they had in past films. The pun would have been better if Vader didn't emphasize it so much. You could tell it was coming.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Iridium1010 - 21 Dec 2016 3:59 PM
I loved vaders pun, i noticed Vader sounded a little different, james earl jones aging perhaps.Bring on episode 8

Sounded more realistic. His voice didn't boom around, you could really feel the suit playing a part not just with his presence but with his voice 

And also I love the positivity. Too many entitled social media profiles enlightening us all with the their credentialed film-making critiques 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Edited
8 Years Ago by marconi101
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

NERDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
99 Problems
99 Problems
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Loved it. Probably my second favourite Star Wars movie after episode 5.
Lastbroadcast
Lastbroadcast
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

I liked it - it wasn't flawless but I think it worked well. 

Some bits of the movie didn't work - like when Donny gets hit and the other character goes out there to nurse him to death. Why wasn't he getting shot up by Stormtroopers straight away? I'm guessing that big got missed with the re-shoots and edits. 

Other than that though the action was good, and the Darth Vader scenes were mostly excellent. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

I do also like that the movie pointed out the weakness in the Death Star wasn't the exhaust port but the flaw Galen installed inside that would set off a chain reaction.
Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

VADER = LEGEND

Also thought it was awesome that they had the balls to kill them all.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search