FUT

Author
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hey guys im about to get fifa next month for the first time in 4 years.

Just trying to get my head around the FUT thing. 

How does it work when they say you play games, is it like a career mode? where your in a league and you pick a normal team ie, chelsea, wanderers etc. or do you create your own team ie, team, players, colours etc and play random people from the internet?

Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

You create your own team, choose your badge and coach etc

You need coins, lots and lots of coins. You can buy players from the market which is the best way or you can use those coins to buy player packs which is not recommenced unless you want to use real money which is also a waste.

You can earn coins in a variety of ways. 

Playing matches against the cpu in seasons,tournaments etc

Playing against other players online in  seasons, friendlies etc

Squad Building Challenges - Basically they give you challenges to create a team based on certain requirements. You normally would use your cheap cards, discards or players you don't use for these. Some can be easy to complete while others can be hard as people mark up the price on players needed for these challenges. You get some great rewards from these, really good players packs.

Squad battles, this was just introduced this Fifa 18. You play like 4 games every 24 hours against the cpu, you get points from those games based on how well you do and the level of difficultly chosen. On the weekend you play more games, I forget how much but it is quite a few so you do have to grind. At the end you get rewards based on what rank you finished in the leader boards, the rewards are half decent. Coins, player packs etc

FUT Champs - Basically for the players who want to test themselves against other good players, there are normally two tournaments a week to qualify for the weekend league which brings the biggest rewards based on how well you do but be warned, you will hate it by the end. 40 matches total. If you get gold 3 or above you do not have to qualify again for next weekend.

There is chemistry in FUT, if you link up players from the same club or country they will have more chemistry etc They give a run down of the basics when you first start FUT.

You need to buy fitness cards as your players get tired after every game, but you can make two squads, one is your main then have a fitness squad. So you rotate games with each team, putting your opposite team on the bench and playing a game will bring their fitness back up. This way saves you money but fitness cards are not that dear really anyway.

Players will get injured as well, so you will have to buy cards to heal them etc

I think that is basically it, you will learn as you go, hope that helps. 

Edited
7 Years Ago by MrBrisbane
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

MrBrisbane - 27 Oct 2017 7:50 PM
You create your own team, choose your badge and coach etc

You need coins, lots and lots of coins. You can buy players from the market which is the best way or you can use those coins to buy player packs which is not recommenced unless you want to use real money which is also a waste.

You can earn coins in a variety of ways. 

Playing matches against the cpu in seasons,tournaments etc

Playing against other players online in  seasons, friendlies etc

Squad Building Challenges - Basically they give you challenges to create a team based on certain requirements. You normally would use your cheap cards, discards or players you don't use for these. Some can be easy to complete while others can be hard as people mark up the price on players needed for these challenges. You get some great rewards from these, really good players packs.

Squad battles, this was just introduced this Fifa 18. You play like 4 games every 24 hours against the cpu, you get points from those games based on how well you do and the level of difficultly chosen. On the weekend you play more games, I forget how much but it is quite a few so you do have to grind. At the end you get rewards based on what rank you finished in the leader boards, the rewards are half decent. Coins, player packs etc

FUT Champs - Basically for the players who want to test themselves against other good players, there are normally two tournaments a week to qualify for the weekend league which brings the biggest rewards based on how well you do but be warned, you will hate it by the end. 40 matches total. If you get gold 3 or above you do not have to qualify again for next weekend.

There is chemistry in FUT, if you link up players from the same club or country they will have more chemistry etc They give a run down of the basics when you first start FUT.

You need to buy fitness cards as your players get tired after every game, but you can make two squads, one is your main then have a fitness squad. So you rotate games with each team, putting your opposite team on the bench and playing a game will bring their fitness back up. This way saves you money but fitness cards are not that dear really anyway.

Players will get injured as well, so you will have to buy cards to heal them etc

I think that is basically it, you will learn as you go, hope that helps. 

Thank you for your in depth answer.

Seems interesting. But it also looks like it's more for young kids who have all the time in the world to play as i have kids i only get to play at night once they are asleep.

Can you play other people randomly like kick off?
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

vincenzogold - 31 Oct 2017 11:19 AM

Seems interesting. But it also looks like it's more for young kids who have all the time in the world to play as i have kids i only get to play at night once they are asleep.

No problem.

Yea, you do need to put in quite a bit of time if you want to get the most out of it but you can still put in a couple hours at night and still do all right. I have personally got sick of the mode myself as I wasn't really having fun anymore, but that was in the weekend league.

Yep, you can play random people online like kick off through a mode called seasons, you start off in division 10 go up and down in divisions based on how well you do. 

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators

I dip into FUT occasionally, and you can play it that way very easily.  Also, I only use the coins I get from playing the games - it can be done with buying extra.  I don't know if there's anything more fun on FIFA than taking your squad assembled for a few thousand coins, and beating someone online with a team full of superstars who you know they have spent real money assembling...

Overall, it's an entertaining enough way to pass the time, challenging and sometimes frustrating, but not as in depth as career mode.

vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

Benjamin - 31 Oct 2017 1:37 PM

I dip into FUT occasionally, and you can play it that way very easily.  Also, I only use the coins I get from playing the games - it can be done with buying extra.  I don't know if there's anything more fun on FIFA than taking your squad assembled for a few thousand coins, and beating someone online with a team full of superstars who you know they have spent real money assembling...

Overall, it's an entertaining enough way to pass the time, challenging and sometimes frustrating, but not as in depth as career mode.

What do you prefer career or fut?
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

do you guys know where i can download the fifa 18 sound track?
Edited
7 Years Ago by vincenzogold
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

It's also good to take advantage of the xp points you earn and buy FUT related items off the catalogue. The 1000 x 10 (An extra 1000 coins for 10 matches) reward is a big help when starting up
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

vincenzogold - 31 Oct 2017 4:14 PM

What do you prefer career or fut?

Career, by a long way.
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

http://www.futhead.com/squad-battles/

Any of you go on this site?? my head is spinning lol. In 10 days i will finally get a console and fifa 18 after 4 years in abyss 
Edited
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

vincenzogold - 10 Nov 2017 9:25 AM
http://www.futhead.com/squad-battles/

Any of you go on this site?? my head is spinning lol. I finally get a console and fifa 18 after 4 years in abyss 

Yeah, baffles the shit out of me.  I just play games.  Nothing extra.
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

Benjamin - 10 Nov 2017 10:07 AM
vincenzogold - 10 Nov 2017 9:25 AM

Yeah, baffles the shit out of me.  I just play games.  Nothing extra.

Does Ea sports update squads on fifa ?? im searching for that young Jets player "Champness" but he doesn't appear to be in the game.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

vincenzogold - 10 Nov 2017 12:17 PM

Does Ea sports update squads on fifa ?? im searching for that young Jets player "Champness" but he doesn't appear to be in the game.

I think they do - but it's often hard to pick up specific 'obscure' players on FUT.
Peaty
Peaty
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)

vincenzogold - 10 Nov 2017 12:17 PM

Champness isn't on FUT, he's on career mode though.

https://sofifa.com/player/240633

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

Played my first 2018 FUT last night.  Online league/season thing.  Division 10.  5 games.

Always fun to play against a team stacked with superstars, knowing that your opponent must have spent real money to get those players together - and to beat them with a few bronzes in your team...  Especially when one of the bronzes scores a worldy to take the points!

vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

Benjamin - 14 Nov 2017 9:14 AM

Played my first 2018 FUT last night.  Online league/season thing.  Division 10.  5 games.

Always fun to play against a team stacked with superstars, knowing that your opponent must have spent real money to get those players together - and to beat them with a few bronzes in your team...  Especially when one of the bronzes scores a worldy to take the points!

Haha awesome. I used to love when i last had fifa pretty sure it was fifa 12 and i use to always pick an a-league team in kick off when they would always be Chelsea, Barca or Real and i would love beating them. 

Interesting that it goes by divisions. I would of thought you would be playing against other bronzes if thats all you have?

Monday 20th i will finally have fifa i can't wait. Think i will be giving that FUT a go
Edited
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

vincenzogold - 14 Nov 2017 12:27 PM
Benjamin - 14 Nov 2017 9:14 AM

Haha awesome. I used to love when i last had fifa pretty sure it was fifa 12 and i use to always pick an a-league team in kick off when they would always be Chelsea, Barca or Real and i would love beating them. 

Interesting that it goes by divisions. I would of thought you would be playing against other bronzes if thats all you have?

Monday 20th i will finally have fifa i can't wait. Think i will be giving that FUT a go

You start off with a mix of bronze, silver and golds - then you can use points you've built up to sign more.  Right now my team is virtually all gold, but I still have to use a few bronze to fill spots up.  The gold players I have are the 75-77 variety rather than the superstars in the 80s.  Some people either use real money to buy points to trade for players, or are playing a lot of off-line games to save points up.  

Think I'm going to play a lot of FUT this year and see how high I can get.  On FIFA17 I spent almost the whole year on career mode, only dipped into FUT for a couple of weeks here and there.  Got up to Div 5 and hovered back and forth between that and Div 6.
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

Are you able to search for certain players and buy individual ones?
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
vincenzogold - 14 Nov 2017 2:41 PM
Are you able to search for certain players and buy individual ones?

You can.

In regards to matchmaking, you can face any squad in online divisions, regardless of your team quality. 

There's never been a better time to get into FUT though, as making coins is a lot easier now. 

For offline players you can play 'Squad battles'. 

With squad battles you can play up to 4 offline games a day (8 on weekends), and you can get decent weekly rewards such as packs and coins based on how many points you achieve throughout the week. 

If you're more of an online player, you can get coins through playing divisions pretty easily. We're already at the time of the year when you can pick up a very good team in a less popular league (Serie A, Ligue 1 etc) for 15-20k, which is nothing. 

My biggest tip is to stay away from purchasing packs with coins. You get far more out of 7.5k on the market then what you get out of a pack (usually a player worth 1k at most, unless you're lucky). 

Let me know if you have any other FUT questions. 
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

First session on FUT - 2 wins 1 draw 2 defeats
Second session - 5 heavy defeats, 5-6 goals each game
Third session - 4 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats

Not sure what was going on in that second session - it was during the day rather than at night...  I just seemed to come up against kids with reactions twice as fast as mine every time.

Anyway - up to Div 9.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Benjamin - 16 Nov 2017 10:02 PM
First session on FUT - 2 wins 1 draw 2 defeats
Second session - 5 heavy defeats, 5-6 goals each game
Third session - 4 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats

Not sure what was going on in that second session - it was during the day rather than at night...  I just seemed to come up against kids with reactions twice as fast as mine every time.

Anyway - up to Div 9.

Day time is always more sweaty. I'd imagine the vast majority of people playing at that time are uni students with time to grind the game. 
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

Righto so i finally got a ps4 for my birthday yesty. I got a few games fifa being one of them.

Didn't realise how much gaming consoles had changed. I love grand turismo so that was one of the games i got but didn't know you basically can only play it if you have the internet which i don't have at home. 

I also couldn't play cod ww2 cause it needs updates to play... incredible.

Looks like i have to convince my wife to get the net. 
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

So I ended up using my phone to play Fifa online.

That ultimate team is intense so many different modes within ultimate team I had no idea what I was doing hahah
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

I've just started playing fifa ultimate team online and im in the lowest division..10. How is it possible that im playing teams with players that are all 88 and about like seriously. Rui Costa, Sane, Messi, ronaldo??? i lashed out to get mooy??
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Am picking up Fifa18 tonight and paid for playstation plus or whatever to play online.

Refused to pay for it while I had Fifa17 knowing I just don't play enough anymore to warrant it but figured I would pay for a month over the xmas break and see how I get on.

Used to play seasons a lot on the ps3 a few years ago but have never played FUT. I think I tried maybe for about 3 games a while ago.

Pretty keen to give it a go this time but nervous that I will spend too much of my precious 11 days off playing it aha
Edited
7 Years Ago by Davide82
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

Im finding fifa 18 hard but i only just got a ps4 with fifa and i hadn't played a console since fifa 12. 
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

vincenzogold - 14 Dec 2017 2:28 PM
Im finding fifa 18 hard but i only just got a ps4 with fifa and i hadn't played a console since fifa 12. 

Have played about 10-15 games now, mainly against the computer.
Finding scoring goals easier but defending harder at this stage.

Going to persist with FUT for a while and see how far I can get through seasons.
Have an 82 ranked team with 100 chemistry and most of my subs keep that consistent.

Figure that should be enough to win me some games and coins i guess.
Plus I have a ridiculous amount of XP to use on catalogue items coz I have played FIFA for so long and only ever used the points on financial takeovers in career mode for years.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Find myself having to counter attack a lot more in online games than I normally would. I usually like to play a lot more passes than I have found myself doing.

Kids are so fast these days and I still suck at defending in Fifa18 so I find i have to fall back, absorb pressure and then try to beat the press when i get the chance. If I try to tackle higher up the pitch i get sliced open and can't contain the sprinting/change direction dribllers. Maybe I need to learn defending better before I try go any further.

Got myself up to div 8 last night. Thought I was going to walk it in for a while. My record was something like 5-0-1 then suddenly 6-1-4 before I finally started to get the hang of how to play against these blitzkrieg type players!!!
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro

I hate this FIFA ultimate team thing. I can see why Ben never played it. I love living in reality and playing with actual teams.

I found myself hating FIFA. I’m going back to just playing regular career.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend

vincenzogold - 20 Dec 2017 1:45 PM
I hate this FIFA ultimate team thing. I can see why Ben never played it. I love living in reality and playing with actual teams. I found myself hating FIFA. I’m going back to just playing regular career.

Nothing says living in reality like playing sports sims on our couches aha
For years now I have played career mode by moving the whole A-League into League 2 in England to start off so reality was never an issue for me.
I will give up on FUT when i hit a brick wall Seasons wise I imagine.
Still haven't played this years Journey either
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search