Your opinion on the forum regards moderation

Poll

20.51% - 8 votes Forum needs more moderation
20.51% 8 votes
48.72% - 19 votes Forum needs less moderation
48.72% 19 votes
30.77% - 12 votes Moderation is about right.
30.77% 12 votes
Member Votes: 39, Guest Votes: 0. You don't have permission to vote within this poll.
Author
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Benjamin - 12 Jun 2019 12:17 AM
Can we reboot this thread and forget about specific moderators?

We are looking for ways to re-energise the forum and if not attract new members, then at least avoid losing existing ones.

Do people want stronger rules to be more aggressively moderated?  Or rules of common decency to be policed 'politely'?

Definitrely don't need aggressive moderation

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

bettega - 12 Jun 2019 8:12 AM

Love Football

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

the poll says it, same or less, definitely not more

Tyson_Jon
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star
Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)

Tyson_Jon - 11 Jun 2019 8:26 PM
You would think any normal human would see the controversy their appointment as a mod is creating and step down from said post.

Well I commend you on that at least.
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

AJF - 12 Jun 2019 9:27 AM

the poll says it, same or less, definitely not more

Yes same or less.

Too much moderation is restrictive of having a vibrant forum of ideas and good discussion.

Let's not get heavy handed with stuff and be a tolerant place welcoming to all.

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

mcjules - 11 Jun 2019 11:08 PM
433 - 11 Jun 2019 8:49 PM

It's because your username is a number. That number is being interpreted by the forum software as UserId 433 which is minnyrhodium.

Here's a link to your profile 
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Users/13727

Oh lol that makes sense, cheers
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Tyson_Jon - 12 Jun 2019 10:22 AM

Well I commend you on that at least.

I thought your username was Dyson_Jon was a second. Was going to complement you on a great outfield catch that time.   
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
inala brah - 11 Jun 2019 8:03 PM
mouflonrouge - 10 Jun 2019 11:28 PM

i have no beef with decentric and i think he often contributes a lot of really great content.  but i read a fuckton of issues people have with him and i would think he's probably not the best choice for a mod considering the sizeable controversy around him, his alleged multi's, and his alleged trolling behaviour on this and other sites.  

it might be completely unfair, but i can't see his appointment as a mod being a good thing for the healthy growth of this forum.

This post was the catalyst for me resigning last night. 

I have never sought the Mod job and admit to mischievously using a mate’s accounts to use satire to wind up a poster or two 3-5 years ago. 

I felt quite guilty about it - and- being a hypocrite being on the Mod panel. 

I didn’t want to accede to the demands of a few trouble makers on this forum who thought they should choose  the Mod panel - not site owner KA. 

The troublemakers’ sanctimonious posts about my Mod appointment, most no paragons of virtue themselves, more like forum rogues and harbingers of conflict,  just made me laugh. 

Knowing more about the Mod job, about 2percent are suited. 

Trying to resolve disputes between two people and trying to find a resolution to my satisfaction on the Internet is very difficult. 

I can achieve this in a few mins in my well paid day job. 

I’ve spent hours in the last week studying threads of posters accusing others of trolling them, in order to determine the veracity of them, that has taken me away from more enjoyable pursuits. 

Any Mod who has stuck at the job on this forum has performed admirable public service IMO. 

I take my hat off to all current Mods, plus Benjamin, Joffa, PV4 and KA. 

Almost nobody on the rest of the forum is suited to the job. 

They give up hours and hours of thankless time, the rest of us would prefer not to do. 

Thanks BB for posting your post and giving me sufficient reason to quit from a sage post entered by a regular forum poster. 

Contrary to popular opinion, I won’t miss being a Moderator on FTBL at all. 

If I want I can return to be my opiniated self, and emancipate the rest of the long suffering  Mod panel from their most stressful week ever. 

Also, it is up to the membership to come up with ideas to save the forum. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
You would think any normal human would see the controversy their appointment as a mod is creating and step down from said post.

Thanks for this, Tyson Jon. 

This reinforced BB’s previous point. 

I’ve stepped down. 
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Decentric - 12 Jun 2019 7:55 PM
inala brah - 11 Jun 2019 8:03 PM

This post was the catalyst for me resigning last night. 

I have never sought the Mod job and admit to mischievously using a mate’s accounts to use satire to wind up a poster or two 3-5 years ago. 

I felt quite guilty about it - and- being a hypocrite being on the Mod panel. 

I didn’t want to accede to the demands of a few trouble makers on this forum who thought they should choose  the Mod panel - not site owner KA. 

The troublemakers’ sanctimonious posts about my Mod appointment, most no paragons of virtue themselves, more like forum rogues and harbingers of conflict,  just made me laugh. 

Knowing more about the Mod job, about 2percent are suited. 

Trying to resolve disputes between two people and trying to find a resolution to my satisfaction on the Internet is very difficult. 

I can achieve this in a few mins in my well paid day job. 

I’ve spent hours in the last week studying threads of posters accusing others of trolling them, in order to determine the veracity of them, that has taken me away from more enjoyable pursuits. 

Any Mod who has stuck at the job on this forum has performed admirable public service IMO. 

I take my hat off to all current Mods, plus Benjamin, Joffa, PV4 and KA. 

Almost nobody on the rest of the forum is suited to the job. 

They give up hours and hours of thankless time, the rest of us would prefer not to do. 

Thanks BB for posting your post and giving me sufficient reason to quit from a sage post entered by a regular forum poster. 

Contrary to popular opinion, I won’t miss being a Moderator on FTBL at all. 

If I want I can return to be my opiniated self, and emancipate the rest of the long suffering  Mod panel from their most stressful week ever. 

Also, it is up to the membership to come up with ideas to save the forum. 

I wouldn't pay any attention to the trolls and online bullies. You seem to be a nice fella, with such massive grace and morality unlike some.

I can't say I am happy that you resigned but I will respect your decision for sure. What you have said makes you a much better individual than they are, and well respected by those who matter!

Power to you.

Tyson_Jon
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star
Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)

mouflonrouge - 12 Jun 2019 8:39 PM
Decentric - 12 Jun 2019 7:55 PM

I wouldn't pay any attention to the trolls and online bullies. You seem to be a nice fella, with such massive grace and morality unlike some.

I can't say I am happy that you resigned but I will respect your decision for sure. What you have said makes you a much better individual than they are, and well respected by those who matter!

Power to you.

Might want to poke your head in here my man

http://forum.insidesport.com.au/FindPost2799193.aspx

He is the troll
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Tyson_Jon - 13 Jun 2019 7:27 PM

He is the troll

He'll  ignore it like he always does
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

He is the troll

The bloke you replied to is also a troll
Tyson_Jon
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star

Well then
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

He is the troll

I really don't know the entire history. All I know is that he admitted doing something some years ago which is very courageous and dignified in my opinion.

I also believe people can turn a leaf and I believe he might have done that.

In the end, everyone deserves a fair go.

Edited
5 Years Ago by mouflonrouge
Tyson_Jon
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star

mouflonrouge - 14 Jun 2019 5:07 PM

I really don't know the entire history. All I know is that he admitted doing something some years ago which is very courageous and dignified in my opinion.

I also believe people can turn a leaf and I believe he might have done that.

In the end, everyone deserves a fair go.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: that happened yesterday. A very quick leaf turn indeed

Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
mouflonrouge - 14 Jun 2019 5:07 PM

I really don't know the entire history. 

You'd be mortified if you even knew a fraction of the history.

He lost his marbles 10+ years ago.

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Lol at some of the usual posters who complain and live in a bubble believing they’re present the forum or majority.

I voted for less moderating to generate more discussion and controversy if you like. More opinions and view points and a variation of these would be welcome.

There can be criticism of posters view points for sure providing it is kept civil and respectful. But too often the man rather than the ball is played which should be better supervised by the mods.

What should also be on the mods radar is posters that stalk others they dislike, posters that constantly make smart arse comments against specific forumites on a repetitious basis in order to character assasinate, against posters that don’t share their view point who push back in kind.

There needs to be an improved tolerance and protection of respectful free speech if you want to stop the exiting of existing contributors and the engagement of new.

In a resort somewhere

Edited
5 Years Ago by paulc
Tyson_Jon
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star

Back to normal in the feedback section it seems. Ghost town. 
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

paulc - 16 Jun 2019 12:39 PM
Lol at some of the usual posters who complain and live in a bubble believing they’re present the forum or majority.

I voted for less moderating to generate more discussion and controversy if you like. More opinions and view points and a variation of these would be welcome.

There can be criticism of posters view points for sure providing it is kept civil and respectful. But too often the man rather than the ball is played which should be better supervised by the mods.

What should also be on the mods radar is posters that stalk others they dislike, posters that constantly make smart arse comments against specific forumites on a repetitious basis in order to character assasinate, against posters that don’t share their view point who push back in kind.

There needs to be an improved tolerance and protection of respectful free speech if you want to stop the exiting of existing contributors and the engagement of new.

Spot on

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

i was reading some of the extra time topics really good laughs on there 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Tyson_Jon - 17 Jun 2019 4:38 PM
Back to normal in the feedback section it seems. Ghost town. 

But is important when it is needed most.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 18 Jun 2019 1:53 PM

-PB

Love Football

Tyson_Jon
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star

-PB

No doubt about that
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

-PB

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search