*Official* Football Manager Thread

*Official* Football Manager Thread

Author
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Erebus wrote:

The formations are atrocious in FIFA. They have the formation ala 4-4-2, or 4-5-1 and thats it. At least in PES they have that and 12 combinations of that formation. I shouldnt have to create formations in FIFA that I use and swap every game in PES that are default!
(and can alter slightly are largely very easily during the game)

Ummm you obviously ddon't know how to work the game very well. You can put players anywhere in FIFA 08. You go to formations edit select a position press X and you can move said player.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Guest wrote:
Erebus wrote:

The formations are atrocious in FIFA. They have the formation ala 4-4-2, or 4-5-1 and thats it. At least in PES they have that and 12 combinations of that formation. I shouldnt have to create formations in FIFA that I use and swap every game in PES that are default!

Ummm you obviously ddon't know how to work the game very well. You can put players anywhere in FIFA 08. You go to formations edit select a position press X and you can move said player.

we agree on something, fifa is better.

i may not be able to use "spelling and grammar" but at least i can put a sentence together.

Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Erebus wrote:

i may not be able to use "spelling and grammar" but at least i can put a sentence together.

There was nothing wrong with that sentance and yes FIFA is better. PES is annoying without lisences and the gameplay is imo not as realistic.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend

Guest wrote:
Erebus wrote:

The only thing in the PSP version is this whole new "custom formation" where you create formations and place the positions wherever you want. Everything else is stock and cannot be changed. I am talking about the positioning itself of the stock formations, not a player in a particular position.
Legend

Erebus wrote:
Guest wrote:
Erebus wrote:

The only thing in the PSP version is this whole new "custom formation" where you create formations and place the positions wherever you want. Everything else is stock and cannot be changed. I am talking about the positioning itself of the stock formations, not a player in a particular position.

You can then save those positions and formations.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:

FIFA is onyl better if you're amused by flashy colours.
Quote:

That's not technically a sentence there to begin with anyway...
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Quote:

FIFA is onyl better if you're amused by flashy colours.

Because afromanGT said so!

Quote:

That's not technically a sentence there to begin with anyway...

how is that not a sentence?

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:
Because afromanGT said so!

No, it's widely accepted that FIFA is all about the eye candy and PES has superior gameplay.
Quote:
how is that not a sentence?

For it to be a sentence it would need some kind of grammatical conctruct, which would mean punctuation.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
:-k
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

That sir, is called a typo, caused by doing to many things at once...but you wouldn't know anything about 'doing' things would you? ;)

...there's meant to be a 's' in there...
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Quote:
That sir, is called a typo, caused by doing to many things at once
That is what happens when you type with one hand :-" Something I wouldnt know much about ;)

*Pardon the inference of contradiction.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

You have no idea how hard it is to type with two hands when there's a nice girl sitting on one of them ;) Somethign you wouldn't know much about...

you weren't contradicting any inferences, merely setting me up for a winner again:P
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
You have no idea how hard it is to type with two hands when there's a nice girl sitting on one of them ;) Somethign you wouldn't know much about...

you weren't contradicting any inferences, merely setting me up for a winner again:P

Your such a try hard
martyB
martyB
Legend

afromanGT wrote:

You mean this girl that chose to holiday in New Zealand over being with you... :lol:
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
You mean this girl that chose to holiday in New Zealand over being with you...

:lol:no...not that one...and that trip was pre-arranged...we couldn't do much about it...and i didn't have enough money when she asked me to go with her:roll:

Quote:
Your such a try hard

Says the guy with THAT kind of grammar...
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

You're such a try-hard.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Says the guy who just corrected his poor grammar to appease people...
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

i didnt correct anything, it a new comment.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

sure...saying the same thing with corrected grammar.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

another thing

where the fuck is the ref. he pops up to give cards but hes not there during gameplay.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

My god, you're still alive??!!??

We need more refs...but then the current one would be unhappy, and we can't have anybody getting trigger happy.
blacka
blacka
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

anyone played much of this Team Play mode on ps3 or x360 online? Good stuff, works better with team mates that pass it about more. Thats the only downside, u end up playing with a bunch of random people most the time. Few too many American 'sarker' fans

Played the ps2 version the other day, have to agree its still behind PES. But the next gen versions of Fifa are a whole other game, leaves Pro evo for dead.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

the keeper got sent off early, replaced with an outfield player and he stayed their the whole game, letting goals through. i wanted a few penalty goals though because their keeper was wearing the same kit as the outfield players, he didnt even have gloves.lol.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend

Ahh see. I'm sure if your keeper gets sent off in PES and you put an outfield player in there, his kit changes to that of the keeper one.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

it wasnt my keeper though, infact i only ever have one keeper at a club at a time, they never get injured fatigued or sent off, thats what i first thought. the computer keeper got sent off.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

martyB wrote:
PES doesnt have bugs. Clearly superior.[-(

hahaha, dont know about that. I am a fan of PES and would definitely prefer it over FIFA, but i does have its perks, they funny and make that game more interesting, especially with friends.

I was playing my cousin. He was arsenal and i had a crack from far with Scholes. The ball hit Gilberto and all of a sudden he froze and started sliding off the field. There was this line over him for some reason and he just kept sliding like a statue towards the sideline. He went through the advertisement boards and all. Was truly hillarious.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

the one on one with the keeper happend again.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

:lol: see FM doesn't have bugs like that...it has a few, but nothing like that. Nothing you can't live with.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

its got you, you bug. :lol:

arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
its got you, you bug. :lol:

:roll: lame :roll:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search