The Doctor's Bar (Beer, Bar's & Beverages Thread)

The Doctor's Bar (Beer, Bar's & Beverages Thread)

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
scott21 - 23 Oct 2017 9:15 PM
Decentric - 19 Oct 2017 11:42 AM

Im not fat. 

Whether you are fat or not, I love your informative beer posts! You might be a candidate for my elite beer drinkers tasting group.

What volume of beer do you drink in an average week, Scott 21?

vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Doesn't taste like a pale ale. Did not like. i was hoping for more from my friday arvo work beer
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Decentric - 27 Oct 2017 9:10 AM
scott21 - 23 Oct 2017 9:15 PM

Whether you are fat or not, I love your informative beer posts! You might be a candidate for my elite beer drinkers tasting group.

What volume of beer do you drink in an average week, Scott 21?

Not much. Perhaps .5l to 3l. If I go to a match you can add 3-5l also
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

• Innis & Gunn Mika's Choice No. 11450

• Limited Edition 2017 
  • UK
    Made in Great Britain Scotland 
  •  is alcoholic beer
  • 29:90
  • Bottle , 330 ml
Freshly sour, sweet taste with little heat, touches of barrels, espresso coffee, chocolate, chili, soy and vanilla. Served at 12-14 ° C as a snack. 4463573
Innis and Gunn is quite popular in Sweden. This came in a box also as a limited edition. It said Mika won the competition and they made his beer for him. It tastes like a smooth chocolate stout, a tad ashy and because of the jalapeno it warms your stomach (not your mouth). 

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

scott21 - 27 Oct 2017 11:23 PM
  • Innis & Gunn Mika's Choice No. 11450

• Limited Edition 2017 
  • UK
    Made in Great Britain Scotland 
  •  is alcoholic beer
  • 29:90
  • Bottle , 330 ml
Freshly sour, sweet taste with little heat, touches of barrels, espresso coffee, chocolate, chili, soy and vanilla. Served at 12-14 ° C as a snack. 4463573
Innis and Gunn is quite popular in Sweden. This came in a box also as a limited edition. It said Mika won the competition and they made his beer for him. It tastes like a smooth chocolate stout, a tad ashy and because of the jalapeno it warms your stomach (not your mouth). 

Every beer I've drunk in Scotland has been good,  which is where this beer has been made.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

scott21 - 27 Oct 2017 11:20 PM
Decentric - 27 Oct 2017 9:10 AM

Not much. Perhaps .5l to 3l. If I go to a match you can add 3-5l also

I think I've just drunk over 6 litres aggregated over the last last four days in succession!

It has been a public, half term holiday period though. I attend, or hold a lot of social events.

I think the most beer I've drunk in one  session in recent times is 4.2 litres.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Just as I've been  waxing lyrical about Shambles' Session Ale Light IPA at 3.5 % , they've stopped producing it!

The brewer has never been that impressed with it from discussions I've had with him. It is particularly popular with the older drinkers, but it does not  sell as well with other drinkers  and  is one of the less popular  beers from Shambles at their brewery.

It is a point of difference.

It uses the  Tasmanian grown Galaxy and Cascade hops, Victorian Vic Secret, and the imported Mosaic.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Image result for favorit beer croatia
Croatian lager. Tasted like a shandy mixed with soda water but the whole beer seemed flat. It was slightly sweet syrupy. I can imagine it is better drinking in the sun/on the beach when it is hot but its cold here and it was shit.

Image result for favorite beer croatia
Croatian again. This one was ok and again a good summer beer. Seemed quite a drinkable generic taste that could be matched in every country. 

Leon ipa 6.5% Belguim

Related image
This beer is a Saison. Carbonated IPA. 

It was very bubbly but in a fizzy way, not gasy that makes you burp. Tasted citrus, apple, elderflower. Very good. 

Ballast Point Mocha Marlin coffee choclate porter 6%

This was very good and perhaps the best chocolate beer I have had. Now winter is here the winter and christmas beers are coming. There has been a real rise in range in recent years and there are really good quality. 
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Image result for snowcat coffee stout

Snow cat coffee stout

5.9% Colorado

Good stuff. Smooth, Coffee flavoured stout. Not creamy.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Related image

IBU75   EST. CALORIES285   ABV9.5%
COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Great Divide’s Yeti Imperial Stout is an onslaught of the senses. An almost viscous, inky-black brew, Yeti opens with a massive, roasty, chocolate, coffee malt flavor that eventually gives way to rich toffee and burnt caramel notes. Packed with an enormous quantity of American hops, Yeti’s hop profile reveals a slightly citrusy, piney, and wonderfully dry hoppy finish. 75 International Bittering Units (IBUs).
This beer is strong and good

Image result for west yorkshire stoodley stout

Stoodley Stout is a rich, dark stout containing Chocolate and Crystal malt mixed with oats and wheat. It has a rich and creamy roasted flavour with notes of orange and citrus. We love it with something indulgent like a chocolate pudding or a rich fruit cake.

It says on the label they add orange peel. You can taste it, just, as in a hint and it is nice. 
Image result for double chocolate stout

Pretty standard and is what it says. 

All three are good winter beers. 

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Baltic Porter

Full dark underjord beer 7%

Stallhagen Baltic Porter is hand crafted according to old traditional production methods that were common in the Baltic Sea area in the early 1800s. Baltic Porter has been brewed around the Baltic Sea since the Russian tsars' time. The high alcohol content, which characterizes this type of beer, warms and nourishes sailors during stormy seals.

Stallhagen Baltic Porter is a subterranean lager salad as opposed to the English porridge. Stallhagen Baltic Porter is a thick, full-bodied beer that carries clear burnt tones of malt and nuts with a slight ease of smoke. The aroma appears mineral weak and the crop is round and comfortable. The brewer Mats Ekholm has developed a malt mix that is partially roasted in the brewery and gives the beer a nutty full-bodied taste and an almost licorice-like color. The taste is further deepened during storage up to 8 weeks. This beer's smelling and powerful aroma prepares every beer connoisseur an unforgettable taste experience. The Baltic Porter is unfiltered and tastes immediately good, but stored in a cool and protected place, the taste is developed in the bottle.

For each brewing, malt is handed by hand by "Matte" Ekholm - Baltic Porter is a genuine Hantverkssal.

Baltic Porter is a delightful salmon that fits well with mature sophisticated cheeses, Stilton, Roquefort and Lagred Old Gouda. Especially shocked love Baltic Porter. Try with chocolate cake and raspberries! (See the recipe under the heading "Make food with beer")

We recommend a slightly higher serving temperature for this gutter to make sure the flavor is really correct.

Baltic Porter

Malt: Pilsner, Münchner and the brewer's homemade mixture

Hops: Magnum and Saaz

EBC: 141

EBU: 27

Alcohol conte

Finland

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Was ok, nothing special

Image result for poppels imperial stout

Brewed by Poppels Bryggeri

Style: Imperial Stout
Jonsered, Sweden
Serve in Snifter

bottled
available

on tap
common

Broad Distribution

Add Distribution Data
send corrections   |   shelftag     |   edit barcodes   |   update pic
RATINGS: 262   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.74/5   IBU60   EST. CALORIES285   ABV9.5%
COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
New recipe developed from the popular "Poppels Projekt 002 Russian Imperial Stout". 
Changes include malt bill adaption and a higher ABV. 

KATARINAS FAVORIT
Ölen du håller i din hand är Russian Imperial Stout. Under 1700-talet var denna ölstil en favorit hos Katarina den stora och ryska hovet. Vår version kännetecknas av en rejäl kropp, generös doft och smak av lakrits, kaffe och choklad samt lite hetta från alkoholen i avslutet. 

"Jag har jobbat mycket med olika kombinationer av malt för att få ut rejält med doft och smak. I slutresultatet fick vi till en skön komplexitet och en härligt mjuk kropp." -Daniel Granath, bryggmästare

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

This one is really good. 

BEER INFO 

Brewed by: 
St. Peter's Brewery Co Ltd 
EnglandUnited Kingdom
stpetersbrewery.co.uk   

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout 

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 6.50% 

Availability: Year-round 

Notes / Commercial Description: 
'Fuggles' and 'Challenger' hops plus a blend of 4 local barley malts create an aromatic, robust, dark chocolate cream stout with a satisfying bittersweet aftertaste. Brewed with skill and patience in one of Britain's finest small breweries.

St. Peter's Brewery is located in a medieval hall in a remote and beautiful corner of Suffolk. There our beers begin their lives deep below the brewery with water drawn from a pure source - as it has been for over 700 years, essential for the full flavour and pure character of all St. Peter's beers.
Our beautiful flask-shaped oval bottle is a faithful copy of one produced c. 1770 for Thomas Gerrard of Gibbstown, just across the Delaware River from Philadelphia. The original is now kept at St. Peters Hall and is a rare example of an oval Eighteenth Century beer bottle.

Image result for st peter's cream stout
500ml bottle
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Here is a recipe I make every xmas. I usually get Murphy\s Irish Stout 4% because they sell it at the supermarket. But any Stout at any strength would be good and changes the flavour. 

Its pretty much fail-safe 

“Per Google.com, the #1 recipe for Beer Bread in the world! There are a few recipes ... More
READY IN:
 1hr 3mins
SERVES:
 6-8
UNITS:
 US

INGREDIENTSNutrition

• 3cups flour (sifted)
  • 3teaspoons baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
  • 1teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
  • 14cup sugar
  • 1(12 ounce) can beer
  • 12cup melted butter(1/4 cup will do just fine)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Mix dry ingredients and beer.
  3. Pour into a greased loaf pan.
  4. Pour melted butter over mixture.
  5. Bake 1 hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.
  6. UPDATED NOTES: This recipe makes a very hearty bread with a crunchy, buttery crust. If you prefer a softer crust (like a traditional bread) mix the butter into the batter instead of pouring it over the top.
  7. Sifting flour for bread recipes is a must-do. Most people just scoop the 1 cup measure in the flour canister and level it off. That compacts the flour and will turn your bread into a "hard biscuit" as some have described. That's because they aren't sifting their flour! If you do not have a sifter, use a spoon to spoon the flour into the 1 cup measure. Try it once the "correct" way and you will see an amazing difference in the end product.
  8. I have had many email from you kind folks about using non-alcoholic beverages instead of beer. That is fine to do but I highly recommend adding a packet of Dry Active Yeast or 2 teaspoons of Bread (Machine) Yeast so that you get a proper rise.
  9. The final result should be a thick, hearty and very tasteful bread, NOT A BRICK! ;).
  10. Thank you all for the incredibly nice comments and those of you who left a bad review - learn to sift sift SIFT! You will be amazed at the results you get.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

scott21 - 19 Dec 2017 2:51 AM
Here is a recipe I make every xmas. I usually get Murphy\s Irish Stout 4% because they sell it at the supermarket. But any Stout at any strength would be good and changes the flavour. 

Its pretty much fail-safe 

“Per Google.com, the #1 recipe for Beer Bread in the world! There are a few recipes ... More
READY IN:
 1hr 3mins
SERVES:
 6-8
UNITS:
 US

INGREDIENTSNutrition

• 3cups flour (sifted)
  • 3teaspoons baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
  • 1teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
  • 14cup sugar
  • 1(12 ounce) can beer
  • 12cup melted butter(1/4 cup will do just fine)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Mix dry ingredients and beer.
  3. Pour into a greased loaf pan.
  4. Pour melted butter over mixture.
  5. Bake 1 hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.
  6. UPDATED NOTES: This recipe makes a very hearty bread with a crunchy, buttery crust. If you prefer a softer crust (like a traditional bread) mix the butter into the batter instead of pouring it over the top.
  7. Sifting flour for bread recipes is a must-do. Most people just scoop the 1 cup measure in the flour canister and level it off. That compacts the flour and will turn your bread into a "hard biscuit" as some have described. That's because they aren't sifting their flour! If you do not have a sifter, use a spoon to spoon the flour into the 1 cup measure. Try it once the "correct" way and you will see an amazing difference in the end product.
  8. I have had many email from you kind folks about using non-alcoholic beverages instead of beer. That is fine to do but I highly recommend adding a packet of Dry Active Yeast or 2 teaspoons of Bread (Machine) Yeast so that you get a proper rise.
  9. The final result should be a thick, hearty and very tasteful bread, NOT A BRICK! ;).
  10. Thank you all for the incredibly nice comments and those of you who left a bad review - learn to sift sift SIFT! You will be amazed at the results you get.

LOL!
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I've drunk so much good beer lately, I can barely remember  them all!

One beauty that is not  a Tasmanian beer is Mountain Goat Steam Ale from Victoria. It is a half wheat, half barley grain combination.

They do this style of beer well in England and Scotland.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

scott21 - 16 Dec 2017 12:31 AM

Baltic Porter

Full dark underjord beer 7%

Stallhagen Baltic Porter is hand crafted according to old traditional production methods that were common in the Baltic Sea area in the early 1800s. Baltic Porter has been brewed around the Baltic Sea since the Russian tsars' time. The high alcohol content, which characterizes this type of beer, warms and nourishes sailors during stormy seals.

Stallhagen Baltic Porter is a subterranean lager salad as opposed to the English porridge. Stallhagen Baltic Porter is a thick, full-bodied beer that carries clear burnt tones of malt and nuts with a slight ease of smoke. The aroma appears mineral weak and the crop is round and comfortable. The brewer Mats Ekholm has developed a malt mix that is partially roasted in the brewery and gives the beer a nutty full-bodied taste and an almost licorice-like color. The taste is further deepened during storage up to 8 weeks. This beer's smelling and powerful aroma prepares every beer connoisseur an unforgettable taste experience. The Baltic Porter is unfiltered and tastes immediately good, but stored in a cool and protected place, the taste is developed in the bottle.

For each brewing, malt is handed by hand by "Matte" Ekholm - Baltic Porter is a genuine Hantverkssal.

Baltic Porter is a delightful salmon that fits well with mature sophisticated cheeses, Stilton, Roquefort and Lagred Old Gouda. Especially shocked love Baltic Porter. Try with chocolate cake and raspberries! (See the recipe under the heading "Make food with beer")

We recommend a slightly higher serving temperature for this gutter to make sure the flavor is really correct.

Baltic Porter

Malt: Pilsner, Münchner and the brewer's homemade mixture

Hops: Magnum and Saaz

EBC: 141

EBU: 27

Alcohol conte

Finland

Most PIlseners use Saaz hops. These are imported from Europe.

Moo Brew uses the imported Spalt hops.

One of Tasmania's newest and best Pilseners is Devil's Brewery's Pilsener. Dave the DB brewer uses one of the Tassie Bushy Park super hops, Enigma, in his fabulous Pilsener. I'd possibly rate this the best of any Pilsener I've tasted when drunk on site at the brewery, which is  at the atmospheric Margate Train in Margate. It possible eclipses frequent Australian championship winner, Moo Brew.

Also, Seven Sheds' brewer, Willy, did a ripper called Cape Grim Pilgrim Pilsener, using Cape Grim water - the most pristine on the planet from the NW tip of Tasmania.

Captain  Bligh Brewery's brewer, Steve, also uses one or two of Cluster, Summer, Enigma, Ella, in his very distinct and original Pilsener.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

scott21 - 15 Dec 2017 3:16 AM

Image result for west yorkshire stoodley stout

Stoodley Stout is a rich, dark stout containing Chocolate and Crystal malt mixed with oats and wheat. It has a rich and creamy roasted flavour with notes of orange and citrus. We love it with something indulgent like a chocolate pudding or a rich fruit cake.

It says on the label they add orange peel. You can taste it, just, as in a hint and it is nice. 
Image result for double chocolate stout

Pretty standard and is what it says. 

All three are good winter beers. 

I've tasted this some years ago, but cannot remember the flavour.

Thanks for the review.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Just attended Beerfest.

I tasted many fabulous new beers.

*One that stood out was Kick Snare's Pale Ale. It used the Tassie Galaxy hops with a traditional Pilsener malt grain.

* Another ripper was Church Hill Farm 's Porter. It used American hops with Tassie Westminster barley grain.

* The Shambles' Robust Barry White Porter, was amazing! It used Tassie Cascade hops and won  the Aussie prize for best porter  - voted for by other craft breweries' brewers.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I've drunk so many good beers lately, almost every craft brewery in the state has at least one good beer. Some have close to a dozen beauties!

Scubaroo said in an earlier post that the Moo Brew Single Hop beer was underwhelming. I disagreed. It was quite good IMO. Recently, they've adjusted a malt grain or have added more, or less, late Cascade hops in  the brewing process. It now has the same citrus taste, but it has improved immeasurably with a creamy finish. It is now a very fine beer.

Moo Brew's Dark Ale has a stronger chocolate flavour than it did, which is good. It needed to as Last Rites' Black IPA, Dead Man's Revenge, was blowing it out of the water. These are my favourite two Dark Ales/Black IPAs in Oz, along with Bruny Island Oxymoron, now that Ironhouse has stopped producing its Black IPA. They are much more flavoursome than Coopers' Dark Ale or White Rabbit Dark Ale. 

Shambles' Afternoon Delight Summer Ale has won an international award. This is another superb beer, only using one Tasmanian hop, Ella or Cascade, amongst five other American hops, including Cintra, Centennial, Mosaic. It has a passionfruit and pleasant ginger flavour. I tasted more of this style of beer in NNSW and SE Q'land. 

One phenomenon I've  found is that at some of the best breweries, some of their own beers can seem relatively bland compared to other favourites at the brewery. Yet in other settings, mixing them with beer from other breweries, the different beers seem to complement each other even more. The uniqueness of brewers' use of grains and hops, stand out even more.

A further welcome phenomenon is the craft breweries seem to attract pleasant people. Even though I always go with mates and my better half on a frequent basis, one always meets other craft beer lovers at the venues.

One more  pleasing phenomenon is that more of the craft breweries have the expensive $ 200 000 canning equipment. It has forced the price of Moo Brew down. Hobart Brewing Company, Last Rites and T Bone now produce quality beer in cans at competitive prices. Ironhouse has also improved its beer quality in the bottle. In the past they always put out sensational beers at the big craft brewing events, but their bottled beer was variable in quality.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

A few Tassie beers have won national awards.

*Shambles' Barry White Robust Porter won an Aussie comp, judged by fellow craft brewers. It is my favourite porter. It was a blind tasting session. I can even drink this in warm weather, it has a bitter enough finish to be refreshing. It is made exclusively from Tassie grown Ella hops.

* Shambles' Afternoon  Delight Summer Ale has won an international award.  Again it is my favourite in this style. It has that tropical, passionfruit flavour and is a superior version of the very good Balter XPA and Stone And Wood Pacific Ale, in the same style.  Brewer, Cornell, said they  made it by fluke! It has Cintra, Centennial and Mosaic American hops, plus the Tassie grown Cascade hops. In the category  it won, Balter's XPA was runner up. Are you reading this Scubaroo? You said  Balter XPA was best session ale in Oz? You need to have tasted all others to pronounce this.

*Moo Brew Pilsner from MONA has won repeated Aussie best Pilsner awards. They use the European Spalt hop. Yet there is another ripping Pilsner from  the Tassie Devil's Brewery, where they use the Tasmanian grown Enigma hop. It is a called Devil's Brewery  Pilz. With taste test comparisons between the Moo Brew and Devil's Brewery Pilsners, amongst other craft beer lovers, we think DB is every bit as good as MB Pilsner. Unfortunately DB've closed down the distribution centre in the atmospheric and rustic Margate Train.

*Hobart Brewing Company's Imperial Porter, probably the heaviest porter I've drunk, also won an Aussie award in some category. This is a fine beer, but I can only drink one before going  to another beer style.

*At one pub where we drink a lot of craft beer, Ironhouse's Red Ella, again made exclusively from Tasmanian Ella Hops, is a definite personal favourite. Whenever I visit with groups of mates, usually three times a month with different groups depending on  music style, our generation of over 50s love the this beer. It is American Red Ale in style. Yet it doesn't sell as well when our drinking groups  of 6 - 10 of us are not  in the pub, but disappears very quickly when we patronise the establishment.

* Again at one of my favourite watering holes , the Captain Bligh Stride Wide Lager , is drinking beautifully. It is uses Tassie grown Cascade and Cluster hops. This lager tastes like no other, is unique, and almost everybody who drinks it is very keen on it.  The brewer brews beers in a style using all colonial   hops, like beer was 150 years ago. I'll have to ask brewer, Steven, if it has some wheat malt in it, but there is definitely a honey aroma.  

Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Been in Germany 10 years now and of course there's so much fantastic beer. Meanwhile nearly every German I've met who's been to Australia describes our beer as 'watery' and even that there's barely any alcohol.

Is it the difference in amount of head that makes our beer perhaps come across as watery in comparison?

I've had great and terrible mainstream and craft beer in both countries.

Apparently the purity law with only 4 permitted ingredients is secretly broken by many brewers whole Australian beer appears to have things used to speed up the brewing process. 

What's your general take on Aussie beer? Being away from home it's always nostalgic and a real treat and perhaps that blinds me from some quality issues. 

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

johnszasz - 20 Mar 2019 5:16 AM
Been in Germany 10 years now and of course there's so much fantastic beer. Meanwhile nearly every German I've met who's been to Australia describes our beer as 'watery' and even that there's barely any alcohol.

Is it the difference in amount of head that makes our beer perhaps come across as watery in comparison?

I've had great and terrible mainstream and craft beer in both countries.

Apparently the purity law with only 4 permitted ingredients is secretly broken by many brewers whole Australian beer appears to have things used to speed up the brewing process. 

What's your general take on Aussie beer? Being away from home it's always nostalgic and a real treat and perhaps that blinds me from some quality issues. 

Most Australian mainstream beer and including beers made her on contract like Heineken as far as ive been told are adjuncts. So to cut costs they use cheaper ingredients such as rice and corn to fill out the product,  that's generally why it's water and thin. Theres barely any standards in Australia and the generally public just cop it and keep drinking the same swill.

I don't know much about the German craft scene, from what I've seen is that people into craft beer in Australia just seem to enjoy the standard beer varieties in Germany because they are still a very good product, particularly bocks, dunkels etc

The Australian beer scene grows from strength to strength,  but to purchase good craft beer here is getting more and more ridiculous. A good 6 pack is costing $30 now. 

I've literally only seen coopers pale overseas, i wouldn't touch anything more mainstream than that. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search