The Mighty Central Coast Mariners Supporters Thread: 2012/13 Champions!

The Mighty Central Coast Mariners Supporters Thread: 2012/13...

Author
superpom
Super Fan
Super Fan (165 reputation)Super Fan (165 reputation)Super Fan (165 reputation)Super Fan (165 reputation)Super Fan (165 reputation)Super Fan (165 reputation)Super Fan (165 reputation)Super Fan (165 reputation)Super Fan (165 reputation)Super Fan (165 reputation)Super Fan (165 reputation)

Group: Forum Members

and how perceptive is the neighbour Reno for a "guy of his age"?..... "You know why the Mariners won? They're very aggressive. If you lose the ball, somebody comes straight away. Before when they lost the ball, they'd have a cup of tea."

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

I suspect, and I may well be wrong but Matt Simon, who should be the next Socceroos forwards coach (no question), may double as Pauline Hanson.
Those facial features don't lie.
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

A change to the naming and management rights to CC Stadium, a discussion at CC Council. Now that is interesting news out Gosford way.
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

soccerfoo - 3 Feb 2021 5:19 PM
A change to the naming and management rights to CC Stadium, a discussion at CC Council. Now that is interesting news out Gosford way.

Don't hold your breath.  They'll hold onto it and lose money, lose any hope of a 2023 WWC or even 2032 Brisbane Olympic base. Singo made money from it at lower prices to the hirers and crowds. The council lose money and gouge their hirers. CCM management rights would help the Council, the club and the ratepayers.   
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

I don’t think central coast has many other major sport teams so have the mariners been getting a lot of media attention atm?
huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 4 Feb 2021 11:44 AM
I don’t think central coast has many other major sport teams so have the mariners been getting a lot of media attention atm?

It's building, and bandwagoners are coming back in their droves, one of me missus work mates never looked sideways at the mariners or football, took his kids because they asked to Wednesday's game, he's now invested in the team, wants membership off one game. It they continue they could be getting 12k again by end of year.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

huddo - 5 Feb 2021 8:38 AM

It's building, and bandwagoners are coming back in their droves, one of me missus work mates never looked sideways at the mariners or football, took his kids because they asked to Wednesday's game, he's now invested in the team, wants membership off one game. It they continue they could be getting 12k again by end of year.

That’s exciting mate the fans deserve it and there are a lot of neutrals who want to see the team succeed 
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Hypothesis:
All the years of running at the bare minimum cap spend has finally paid off for CCM. Many of the other clubs simple aren't accustomed to building a squad with such a low amount of money, however CCM have been doing it for years.

If the can keep this momentum going all season and actually win a trophy or two, I can see them facing the problem of Stajcic being poached by a rival club.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

someguyjc - 5 Feb 2021 11:59 AM
Hypothesis:
All the years of running at the bare minimum cap spend has finally paid off for CCM. Many of the other clubs simple aren't accustomed to building a squad with such a low amount of money, however CCM have been doing it for years.

If the can keep this momentum going all season and actually win a trophy or two, I can see them facing the problem of Stajcic being poached by a rival club.

Yeah I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.

There's three differences between this CCM team and their teams in years gone by. The first is that their current bunch of youth players are actually half decent. The likes of Stensness, Nisbet, Kuol among others are much, much better than the young players they have had in recent seasons. In a way MC is somewhat lucky as it gives him an excuse to spend less. The second is the attitude of the players. This squad will fight for every ball, not give up, is hungry and has leaders which drive the team. The third is the style of play. In previous years, they've played attacking football and ended up copping a lot of goals, under Staj defence seems to be their first priority.

I agree that they might have a hard time keeping Stajcic but I really hope they can.
huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

someguyjc - 5 Feb 2021 11:59 AM
Hypothesis:

100%, happened around 2009, and in 2014, it'll happen next year aswell if they go on with it, and we won't get a cent for any of them at the moment with the current lack of transfer laws that currently exist, not that we would anyway for stadj but reimbusment would be nice for gutting a great team.
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

huddo - 5 Feb 2021 8:38 AM

Good to hear momentum is building for the Mariners.  Their long suffering supporters deserve better than what was dished up in previous seasons.  Staj (and to an extent Bozanic) have done an excellent job
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Garang Kuol scored on debut for CCM’s academy senior team. 

https://twitter.com/kuoloneking/status/1361863962334142471?s=21

Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

sub007 - 17 Feb 2021 2:13 PM

too easy
huddo
huddo
Pro

sub007 - 17 Feb 2021 2:13 PM

Who was the opposition.

Footyball
Footyball
Pro

The meeting for the possible re-zoning around the Stadium was to be had tonight, 29 June. therefore, are the Mariners now able to create businesses in that Stadium precinct now? Or it could be the usual cloak & dagger method, then finding out the re-zoning didn't occur?
I have a lobster on the latter. We just know how these things go.
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

soccerfoo - 29 Jun 2021 8:58 PM
The meeting for the possible re-zoning around the Stadium was to be had tonight, 29 June. therefore, are the Mariners now able to create businesses in that Stadium precinct now? Or it could be the usual cloak & dagger method, then finding out the re-zoning didn't occur?

Delayed for 6 weeks - I think you win.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

soccerfoo - 29 Jun 2021 8:58 PM

Looks like on Twitter they are saying mariners won’t get the stadium. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Think these needs reviving/ renaming 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search