SOCCEROO match stats/analysis

SOCCEROO match stats/analysis

Author
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Neanderthal wrote:
Will we be so lucky to see your stats for the Iraq game Decentric?

Incase you don't have the footage, it's on SBS.com now:

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/2292072126/Iraq-v-Australia-1st-Half

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/2292072104/Iraq-v-Australia-2nd-Half

I believe he's a tad busy at mo' climbing out of the poop.

http://www.footballanarchy.net/forum/decentric-jogo-bonito-and-anarchy-forum-t39144.html

http://www.footballanarchy.net/forum/decentric-represents-everything-wrong-with-australian-soccer-t38587-405.html
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation

FA is a low priority ATM, behind about 30 other things that assume greater precedence.

I will get back to the rabid haters of Aussie football on FA some time in the next few weeks.:lol:
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Neanderthal wrote:
Will we be so lucky to see your stats for the Iraq game Decentric?

Incase you don't have the footage, it's on SBS.com now:

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/2292072126/Iraq-v-Australia-1st-Half

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/2292072104/Iraq-v-Australia-2nd-Half

It is in Australian Section ATM.

Cheers.
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
would be great to see the joeys v iran stats.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

krones3 wrote:

I've seen a decent match analysis from another forum. Sometime I'll add it to the thread in Australian Section in the next week.

I didn't see the game.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Edited by Decentric: 22/10/2012 11:51:40 PM
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Decentric wrote:
krones3 wrote:

I've seen a decent match analysis from another forum. Sometime I'll add it to the thread in Australian Section in the next week.

I didn't see the game.

thanks
I would like to know if they think it was as bad as i did.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

krones3 wrote:
Decentric wrote:
krones3 wrote:

I didn't see the game.

thanks

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1483858&#1483858

Try this link, Krones. Posted a summary from another forum in one of last posts of the thread..

Cheers.
krones3
krones3
Pro

Decentric wrote:
krones3 wrote:
Decentric wrote:
krones3 wrote:

I didn't see the game.

thanks

Try this link, Krones. Posted a summary from another forum in one of last posts of the thread..

Cheers.

totally agree
my summary
shit coaching shit selection process.
no excuses
corrective fix ------sack everyone start again.

where did you get this from.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

krones3 wrote:
Decentric wrote:
krones3 wrote:
Decentric wrote:
krones3 wrote:

I didn't see the game.

thanks

Cheers.

totally agree
my summary
shit coaching shit selection process.
no excuses
corrective fix ------sack everyone start again.

where did you get this from.

I'm actually going to present this summary to the state FFA TD.

It came, surprisingly, from Anarchy Football Forum.:-k

Do Japanese and Korean teams win every game in every age group against all comers in Asia?

There is such a phenomenon as differing talent within age group cohorts.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

AUSTRALIA V IRAQ in DOHA

Australia 2 , Iraq 1.

Australia's scorers were Archie Thompson and Cahill, Iraq's was Alaa Abdul Zara.

Australia had 65% possession, Iraq had 35% possession.

(This is according to number of passes completed). Iraq had 12 instances where they carried the ball for 15 metres or more, Australia had 21.

Australia completed 407 passes, Jordan 215 passes.

In the break up of those passes Australia had 195 in the defensive half and 212 in the attacking half. Iraq made 108 defensive passes and 107 attacking passes.
So Australia had 105 more passes in the attacking half.
Australia had 88 more passes in the defensive half.

Australia won 37 more one on one duels.

Australia has rarely been matched in this facet of the game over 4 years of compiling stats.

There were 137 one versus one duels altogether. This is a relatively low figure, particularly compared to the 205 that occurred in the Jordan game!

Jedinak featured in 29 one v one duels;
Spiranovic contested 9;
Kruse contested 25;
Neill contested 13;
Cahill contested 16.
The lowest contested 1v1 duels figure for Australian players on the pitch for 90 minutes, were for McKay, Valeri and Wilkshire, who all contested 7 each.

Jedinak won 17 more than he lost - a new record.

Kruse won 13 more than he lost.

Spiranovic won 6 more than he lost.

Neill's one versus one ledger was minus 3 - nearly as bad as the minus 4 he recorded against Jordan. These are the worst figures I've ever recorded for an Aussie CB in over 4 years!

Holman's 1v1 ledger was also minus 3. In his position , minus figures are common, but not at CB.

Australia had 90 % pass accuracy
for attempted passes (same as against Jordan), Iraq had 84%, whereas Jordan had 90 %.

The all important defensive pass accuracy was 97 % for Australia (99% against Jordan), whilst Iraq achieved 93 % (Jordan 91%).

Attacking pass accuracy for Australia was 85% (86% against Jordan), whilst Iraq achieved 77%.

Australia had 17 shots for goal, Iraq had 6.

Of these shots, 0 of Iraq's were from range, 3 of Australia's were from range.

Australia had 14 shots on goal from close range, Iraq had 6.

Australia had 5 shots on target, Iraq had 3.

Schwarzer made 2 saves, whilst the Jordanian keeper made 3 .

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Just letting people know I'll accumulate stats in about a week's time.

I'll see the game tonight, then will be disappearing for a number of days to a remote area.

Kate Cohen's site would be worth a visit. Some great analysis there, a bit like Zonal Marking.
Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Decentric wrote:
Just letting people know I'll accumulate stats in about a week's time.

I'll see the game tonight, then will be disappearing for a number of days to a remote area.

Kate Cohen's site would be worth a visit. Some great analysis there, a bit like Zonal Marking.

Still on it's way? :)
Some pretty interesting ones in this game given the amount of young players used.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

AUSTRALIA V SOUTH KOREA in Korea

Australia 2 , S. Korea 1.

Australia's scorers were Rukayvtsa and Cornthwaite - didn't record SK's.

Australia had 49% possession, South Korea had 51% possession.

(This is according to number of passes completed). Korea had 15 instances where they carried the ball for 15 metres or more, Australia had 24.

Australia completed 326 passes, Korea 336 passes.

In the break up of those passes Australia had 193 in the defensive half and 133 in the attacking half. Korea made 171 defensive passes and 165 attacking passes.
So Korea had 32 more passes in the attacking half.
Australia had 22 more passes in the defensive half.

Australia won 15 more one on one duels.

Australia has rarely been matched in this facet of the game over 4 years of compiling stats. However, this was much closer than usual for Asian opposition.
Australia missed a bulldozer, like Jedinak or Ogger, or now our top dribbler, Robbie Kruse. However, Rogic caused plenty of problems when he came on. Rukay's extreme pace, both ball carrying and without it, caused Korea, usually the quickest team in Asia, more problems than ever before from Australia.

There were 153 one versus one duels altogether. This is an average figure.

Cornthwaite featured in 17 one v one duels;

McGowan contested 13;

Neill contested 14;

Thwaite contested 16;

Holland contested 15,

Rukay contested 18.

The lowest contested 1v1 duels figure for Australian players on the pitch for most of the game, were Archie who contested 7, and Valeri 10.

Thwaite won 8 more than he lost.

Holland won 4 more than he lost.

Cornthwaite won 4 more than he lost.

Archie won 3 more than he lost.

Oar's 1v1 ledger was minus 3. In his position , minus figures are common. Brosque also recorded minus 5.

Australia had 86 % pass accuracy
for attempted passes , Korea had 94%.

The all important defensive pass accuracy was 97 % for Australia , whilst Korea achieved 97 % .

Attacking pass accuracy for Australia was 76% , whilst Korea achieved 90%.

Australia had 12 shots for goal, Korea had 12.

Of these shots, 4 of Korea's were from outside the box, 6 of Australia's were from outside the box.

Australia had 6 shots on goal from inside the penalty box, Korea had 8.

Australia had 5 shots on target, Korea had 4.

Schwarzer made 2 saves, whilst the Korean keeper made 2.

Significantly in possession stats, which may have made the possession figure closer to 50% for both teams, Australia had 24 ball carries of over 15 metres, whilst Korea had 15.
This has changed considerably since Archie, Brosque, Kruse, Oar, Rukayvtsa and Rogic have played. With the Socceroo personnel of a year or so ago and the previous 3 years, we ball carried far less than our opposition.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Looking forward to the stats on the matches against Guam, Hong Kong and Chinese Taipei.

Want to see some cricket scores up there.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

TheSelectFew wrote:
Looking forward to the stats on the matches against Guam, Hong Kong and Chinese Taipei.

Sorry mate, I'm not doing them.

I need a TV to record on.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Just letting people know I'll accumulate stats in about a week or two's time.

I'll see the game tomorrow, then will be disappearing for a number of days to a remote area.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Thought I wouldn't have time to do the stats.

I'm rapt because a lot of the theory for the C Licence can be postponed, as the assessment is 15 days later.

Edited by Decentric: 12/2/2013 10:27:57 PM
BillBilston
BillBilston
Super Fan
Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
TheSelectFew wrote:

there was a cricket score.....romania scored it.:lol:

only stats that count are the the goals...........3 to romania.....2 to australia.

end of.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I'm half way through the game.

Surprisingly, at half time, Neill has had his best BPO performance for some time.
Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Decentric wrote:

Surprisingly, at half time, Neill has had his best BPO performance for some time.

BPO?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Neanderthal wrote:
Decentric wrote:

BPO?

i thought everybody knew this stuff except for me.

BPO means Ball Possession Opposition.

The KNVB have defensive and attacking transitions, which are more precise than the FFA NC terms. FFA NC loosely use transitions.

However, the FFA NC uses BPO, which the KNVB has no equivalent, concise abbreviation for.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

AUSTRALIA V ROMANIA in Romania

Australia 2 , Romania 3.

Australia's scorers were Wilkshire and Cornthwaite - didn't record Romania's.

Australia had 53% possession, Romania had 47% possession.

(This is according to number of passes completed). Romania had 16 instances where they carried the ball for 15 metres or more, Australia had16 too.

Australia completed 399 passes, Romania 352 passes.

In the break up of those passes Australia had 218 in the defensive half and 181 in the attacking half. Romania made 179 defensive passes and 173 attacking passes.
So Australia had 39 more passes in the attacking half.
Australia had 8 more passes in the defensive half.

Australia won 36 more one on one duels.

There were 144 one versus one duels altogether. This is an average figure.

Cornthwaite featured in 16 one v one duels;

Holland contested 19;

Bresciano contested 13;

Brosque contested 13;

Kruse contested 16 ,

Zullo contested 13.

The lowest contested 1v1 duels figure for Australian players on the pitch for most of the game, was McKay who contested 5 ( he won 4 of them).

Zullo won 10 more than he lost.

Holland won 13 more than he lost.

Cornthwaite won 7 more than he lost.

Neill won 5 more than he lost ( his best for a long time).

Holman's 1v1 ledger was minus 4. In his position , minus figures are common. Brosque also recorded minus 3.

Australia had 90 % pass accuracy
for attempted passes , Romania had 91%.

The all important defensive pass accuracy was 96 % for Australia , whilst Romania achieved 94 % .

Attacking pass accuracy for Australia was 83 % , whilst Romania achieved 91%.

Australia had 15 shots for goal, Romania had 15.

Of these shots, 2 of Romania's were from outside the box, 2 of Australia's were from outside the box.

Australia had 13 shots on goal from inside the penalty box, Romania had 13.

Australia had 6 shots on target, Romania had 7.

Schwarzer made 2 saves, whilst the Romanian keeper made 2.

Ball carrying has changed considerably since Archie, Brosque, Kruse, Oar, Rukayvtsa and Rogic have played. With the Socceroo personnel of a year or so ago and the previous 3 years, we ball carried far less than our opposition.

Edited by Decentric: 20/2/2013 12:22:48 AM
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

This match was actually played in Spain... hence the small crowd and lack of atmosphere!

It could be mentioned that skill in taking a direct free kick won the game for Romania..!
neverwozza
neverwozza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Matt Mckay seemed to give the ball away a lot compared to his previous games. I think I saw his pass completion rate was pretty poor in another thread but how did it compare with other games he has played for the socceroos.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Neanderthal wrote:

Very interesting read so far.

Good to hear that you think Zullo has so much potential. Unfortunately at his club he is behind a younger leftback who is very highly rated, at least by the fans.

This is very bad news for the Socceroos, even if it is only the fans that rate him. I'd assume the young guy is good going forwards.

I thought he was the youngest LB at the club.

Edited by Decentric: 25/2/2013 08:03:34 PM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

neverwozza wrote:
Matt Mckay seemed to give the ball away a lot compared to his previous games. I think I saw his pass completion rate was pretty poor in another thread but how did it compare with other games he has played for the socceroos.

Good observation, mate.

He had his worst game for some time.

McKay had 100% pass completion rate out of 13 attempted in the defensive half. Perfect, demonstrated reliability.

He had 60% pass completion rate in the attacking half, 9 completed, 6 failed to reach their target, which is atrocious for him.

Overall his pass completion rate was 79%, which for him was pretty bad.

However, he won 4 more 1v1s than he lost, which is much better than normal for McKay.

He also lost the ball once due to poor control, which is unusual.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Neanderthal wrote:

Do you think Rhys Williams has potential to be a future first 11 player at CB for the Socceroos? Or does he look to you like one of the many players doing well in the Championship who struggle to make the transition to international football?

Definitely.

Rhys Williams certainly looked very good on the ball.

He completed 17 defensive passes at 100%.

He completed 5 attacking passes at 100%.

He won 3 more 1v1s than he lost.

He made 3 intercepts, through good reading of the play.

The only problem with him is that he made 2 critical mistakes.

The other facet of his performance was that when he came on, the distances between the lines had increased and it was an open game.

He seems to be lucky enough to hold a position in the Championship, but is a technical player well suited to international football.

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

I tthink Rhys was lacking match practice. So I don't think he is one for mistakes like he made in the Romanian game

If he can win a few more one v ones he will be excellent I think
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

grazorblade wrote:
I tthink Rhys was lacking match practice. So I don't think he is one for mistakes like he made in the Romanian game

If he can win a few more one v ones he will be excellent I think

Out of 7 contested, he won 5 and lost 2.

That is pretty good for 36 minutes of football.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search