Academies that tour Asia

Academies that tour Asia

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
skeptic wrote:

Let me asked you something, decentric. If you spot an incorrect statement that may wrongly sway the views or opinions of others or simply as a vehicle to further an argument in the favour of those making the statement, do you zip your lips?

If i see a statement i know to be incorrect or if i smell bullshit, I'll correct or question it, be it in a forum or to your face. You, personally, very often give non answers to questions and/or skirt the actual question.

An example is my questions to you about the requirements of FFT public liability insurance and why you couldn't or wouldn't meet them. I had to keep asking and still, the question was eventually half answered, not by yourself but by 'General', if i remember correctly. Getting a straight answer is akin to bashing one's head against a wall because you like the relief when you stop. Extremely frustrating.

Subjectivism and pedantry on your part. You do the same in many posts. You are the archetypal, intellectual cynic.

Other posts often have more football content and interest me, and possibly others, more. Your posts can sometimes be deemed immaterial to football discussion.

I don't pursue every point on 442 if I disagree with it. Unless, asked a direct question.

Don't get me wrong, I often think you raise excellent antithetical points. But when advanced as a corollary to one specific troller, they can appear to be counterproductive. Being more selective as to when you proffer these perspectives may result in more responses.:-k

Skeptic, now that my fellow Tasmanian, Juve Juve, has made a welcome return to the forum, as another football intellectual like your good self, see if you can find some antithetical views to his. You'll have a rewarding exchange of views .:)

Edited by Decentric: 15/12/2011 12:08:39 PM
skeptic
skeptic
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Quote:
Skeptic, now that my fellow Tasmanian, Juve Juve, has made a welcome return to the forum, as another football intellectual like your good self, see if you can find some antithetical views to his. You'll have a rewarding exchange of views

A football intellectual? Be damned. It's not pedantic to continue to ask a question when an answer is avoided.
skeptic
skeptic
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Decentric wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Decentric wrote:

One of advantages of the straight out trials over US scholarships is playing in first world football cultures. Rich Asian nations currently have more money for football than Europe.

You don't appear to give consideration to youngsters that might just want to use their sport as a vehicle to gain a subsidised education and experience another country whilst doing it. The vast majority of youngsters, including the elite among them, will never make a living from their chosen sport and will require an education, first and foremost

Basically, I agree with the essence of your post.

The problem is that most of the serious unis in the USA, the Ivy League and the elite group that Stamford and UCLA are in , etc, don't give away sporting scholarships.

The ones that do are often mediocre academic institutions.

It is also difficult for international students to work in America, like they can at home.

Why, then, did those responsible for the well being of your close relative, choose to pay a very large fee to nsr to help gain a scholarship at one of these often mediocre academic institutions, albeit for a short time? You didn't advise them of the your opinion?

It must have cost a small fortune with the nsr fee and travel ect, for what, a few months in the US?

Edited by skeptic: 15/12/2011 01:37:42 PM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

skeptic wrote:
Decentric wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Decentric wrote:

One of advantages of the straight out trials over US scholarships is playing in first world football cultures. Rich Asian nations currently have more money for football than Europe.

You don't appear to give consideration to youngsters that might just want to use their sport as a vehicle to gain a subsidised education and experience another country whilst doing it. The vast majority of youngsters, including the elite among them, will never make a living from their chosen sport and will require an education, first and foremost

Basically, I agree with the essence of your post.

The problem is that most of the serious unis in the USA, the Ivy League and the elite group that Stamford and UCLA are in , etc, don't give away sporting scholarships.

The ones that do are often mediocre academic institutions.

It is also difficult for international students to work in America, like they can at home.

Why, then, did those responsible for the well being of your close relative, choose to pay a very large fee to nsr to help gain a scholarship at one of these often mediocre academic institutions, albeit for a short time? You didn't advise them of the your opinion?

It must have cost a small fortune with the nsr fee and travel ect, for what, a few months in the US?

Edited by skeptic: 15/12/2011 01:37:42 PM

It is a moot point. I've vacillated over it.

The US courses may be accredited in Australia as part of a degree here.

I don't want to burn bridges by acting hastily. At my age I've done it too often in the past when I was younger.

The US experience gained clarified my relative's thinking about her future.

There are different perceptions of the value of scholarships from participants.
skeptic
skeptic
Pro

I have no idea what you just said. Forget i asked.
Arosina
Arosina
Super Fan
Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)

Judy Free wrote:
Aro, you've been rubber stamped by the FFT great one.

Happy dayz. :d

You're just jealous, admit it. :lol:

And as a genuine football intellectual, I always post wearing this...

Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Arosina wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
Aro, you've been rubber stamped by the FFT great one.

Happy dayz. :d

You're just jealous, admit it. :lol:

I am.

Whilst there remains a lot to be learnt, I am still hanging onto that warm glow after reading D's wise words from a few short years ago "KNVB methodology dictates that in order to make a longer pass you must strike the ball harder".

Arosina wrote:
[And as a genuine football intellectual, I always post wearing this....

I sincerely hope you've been instructed to embrace a constructivist approach within an emancipatory framework, while scaffolding all the relevant metalanguage in order to redefine the cognitive process in light of disruptive technologies and a paradigm shift towards outcome-based pedagogy, yes?
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

Still romancing the stone I see.

*Yawn*
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

ASA Star Julian Aguirre has signed a 1 year deal with S-League club Gombak United. The 20 year old midfielder was overwhelmed with his new club.

It's reported that Julian will be earning $6000 a month.

Julian scored his first goal against malaysian outfit Johor FC.

http://www.australasiansocceracademy.com.au/component/content/article/115.html

Edited by Aussiesrus: 23/2/2012 11:07:39 AM
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

I think Julian is an ex-marconi lad..Not 100% sure...
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Aussiesrus wrote:

ASA Star Julian Aguirre has signed a 1 year deal with S-League club Gombak United. The 20 year old midfielder was overwhelmed with his new club.

It's reported that Julian will be earning $6000 a month.

Julian scored his first goal against malaysian outfit Johor FC.

http://www.australasiansocceracademy.com.au/component/content/article/115.html

Edited by Aussiesrus: 23/2/2012 11:07:39 AM

Great result again for ASA.=d>

Interesting that so many players are winning overseas contracts from just one soccer school. ASA must have talented players. The question then needs to be asked - why are these players seeking ASA out?
I know some NTC programmes where they haven't even directly landed one A League or W League contract yet over a number of years.

Did that young 16 year old from Blacktown who has just signed for an EPL club have any involvement with ASA, Aussiesrus?

$6 000 per month is a considerable sum of money in Malaysia. There are 3 Malaysian ringgit to 1 Australian dollar ATM.

Edited by Decentric: 23/2/2012 01:19:36 PM
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

Edited by Aussiesrus: 28/2/2012 12:04:36 AM
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

Another ASA lad about to make his mark. This time in Australia.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=73043
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

It seems a short period of time for ASA to have secured contacts for two EPL youth players and an A League contract.

In this state our NTC program has been operating for about 5 years for both genders. This generous taxpayer funded program has produced no professional contracts for any local players in that period. One controversial point is that once in a NTC program, players are not allowed to play for their clubs or schools. In cricket and hockey, where Tasmania produces a number of full internationals, players in elite progams still train with their clubs as well.

Jeremy Walker had to go to Melbourne and play in local leagues to secure his contract with Heart.

One of our NTC coaches is assistant national under 20 coach. It would be interesting if our two NTC coaches swapped places with Tony Basha and the ASA coach operated the local NTC program? Would this state secure more pro contracts?

Edited by Decentric: 27/6/2012 06:51:44 PM
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Decentric wrote:

It seems a short period of time for ASA to have secured contacts for two EPL youth players and an A League contract.

In this state our NTC program has been operating for about 5 years for both genders. This generous taxpayer funded program has produced no professional contracts for any local players in that period. One controversial point is that once in a NTC program, players are not allowed to play for their clubs or schools. In cricket and hockey, where Tasmania produces a number of full internationals, players in elite progams still train with their clubs as well.

Jeremy Walker had to go to Melbourne and play in local leagues to secure his contract with Heart.

One of our NTC coaches is assistant national under 20 coach. It would be interesting if our two NTC coaches swapped places with Tony Basha and the ASA coach operated the local NTC program? Would this state secure more pro contracts?

Edited by Decentric: 27/6/2012 06:51:44 PM

Your players could be suffering the same problem as the other regional areas
(lack of intensity)
due to small player pool and frequent playing of the same teams.
It is a big ask for players to go to a trial against players who have been playing at a much higher intensity and for them to perform at their best.

Edited by krones3: 27/6/2012 06:56:33 PM
neverwozza
neverwozza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Aussiesrus wrote:

Out of interest Aussie how long was he at ASA and what did he get there that he felt he wasn't getting at his normal rep/club training.
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

neverwozza wrote:
Aussiesrus wrote:

Out of interest Aussie how long was he at ASA and what did he get there that he felt he wasn't getting at his normal rep/club training.

Kabs has been at ASA for around 6 years.

What ASA delivers is a lot of different skills and real time gameplay training scenarios to apply those skills. More than anything it's a pool of very talented players that share their skills and use them in gameplay.

Freestyle skills are encouraged instead of players being stoically drilled. Players are not restricted in any way in their thinking or how to apply those skills.

I guess that's the best way to describe it. It's open source football. Instead of zig hiel you vill pass de ball like dis etc etc...Everyone has their own style and players become exposed to many different styles. The coaches are asian, french, scottish, croatian, canadian, brasilian, ghana, greek, etc so players get a lot of differing culture football training. In the end players use what suits them best.
neverwozza
neverwozza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Aussiesrus wrote:
neverwozza wrote:
Aussiesrus wrote:

Kabs has been at ASA for around 6 years.

What ASA delivers is a lot of different skills and real time gameplay training scenarios to apply those skills. More than anything it's a pool of very talented players that share their skills and use them in gameplay.

Freestyle skills are encouraged instead of players being stoically drilled. Players are not restricted in any way in their thinking or how to apply those skills.

I guess that's the best way to describe it. It's open source football. Instead of zig hiel you vill pass de ball like dis etc etc...Everyone has their own style and players become exposed to many different styles. The coaches are asian, french, scottish, croatian, canadian, brasilian, ghana, greek, etc so players get a lot of differing culture football training. In the end players use what suits them best.

Thanks for the response. We are just starting out in the rep scene and I can definitely see where it has its limitations even if the coach is great (as is the case with us). I thought there would be more technique work but there seems to be a lot more emphasis on structure and tactics which is fine for the guys that have been in the system for a couple of years but the new kids out of club football struggle a little bit. ASA's a little bit far from us but I think we have a half decent futsal academy up here that I'll look at in the offseason.
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

what is the price of ASA training?

Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

krone3,

It depends on how many sessions a week.

1 night week is around $20 a session.
2 nights a week around $15 per session.
3 nights a weeks around $10-15.

These prices are *thereabouts*. It can vary depending on age as well. If you want to know exactly then you can call ASA for more accurate pricing. You can find his contact info on the website. http://www.australasiansocceracademy.com.au

neverwozza,

Structure is important so is technique. ASA players are given a lot of basic, advanced and elite skills depending on players levels. They are seperated into these skill level groups. Players move up levels when they achieve the skills.

The rep players generally know structure well and what do to in certain situations. Where players like Kabsy excell is in the areas of freestyle and freedom of expression. Too much structure and technique can cause a reduction in a players natural ability. Players are best when their natural skills can be enhanced.
krones3
krones3
Pro

Aussiesrus wrote:
krone3,

These prices are *thereabouts*. It can vary depending on age as well. If you want to know exactly then you can call ASA for more accurate pricing. You can find his contact info on the website. http://www.australasiansocceracademy.com.au

neverwozza,

Structure is important so is technique. ASA players are given a lot of basic, advanced and elite skills depending on players levels. They are seperated into these skill level groups. Players move up levels when they achieve the skills.

The rep players generally know structure well and what do to in certain situations. Where players like Kabsy excell is in the areas of freestyle and freedom of expression. Too much structure and technique can cause a reduction in a players natural ability. Players are best when their natural skills can be enhanced.

If a group of 20 under 16-19 came to you for 2 week Intense training 2.5hours in the morning and 2.5 in the afternoon 6 days a week, what would you charge?

Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

krones3,

You would have to ask the owner/director as I do not know what he/she would charge under those circumstances. (Husband and wife team)

Edited by Aussiesrus: 29/6/2012 09:10:16 AM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Aussiesrus wrote:

Interesting prices.

Morton's Soccer School, the only Tasmanian Soccer School, for profit, charges $10 for kids per session. They can have up to three training sessions for something like $30 per week.

Another fee is $200 per month for teenagers/ adults for about five training sessions per week.

They also have a trip to England, playing again EPL academy teams. Unlike ASA, no players have secured contracts though.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Aussiesrus wrote:

Interesting.

FFA Skills Acquisition Programme doesn't provide explicit instruction for players.

That is where SAP, and also state FFA TD, don't like us giving players specific technique instruction at CFP. They contend that if players are already doing techniques correctly, they don't need specific technique instruction. This is similar to what Aussiesrus says occurs at ASA from my understanding. Tell me if I'm wrong, Aussiesrus.

Yet the FFA SAP trainer admits that Coerver trained players are often the best technicians they see in other states. Nevertheless, he is concerned about their decision making.The SAP trainer coaches game intelligence very, very well.

No specific technique instruction may be applicable in the case of coaching elite players. In reality, very few players have elite abilities.

I'm starting to discuss football a lot with the state SAP trainer. I've said that watching his players train, I'm concerned they don't always touch the ball enough.
To his credit, he now asks the players to perform stationary techniques if they are ever in any line, albeit for a very short period of time. He also looked at me when he took the Grass Roots Certificate I attended, when he asked coaches to perform this practice if they ever had players in a line.

The state SAP trainer, and sometimes the state TD, are now assuming the role of who I look to for footballing advice. Pleasingly, the SAP trainer is also amenable to changing practice. I am also trying to incorporate more training into game centred practice. Although in cases like Barcelona Academy's Directional Control, which many of us use, I can't see any way around isolated training.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Aussiesrus wrote:
krones3,

You would have to ask the owner/director as I do not know what he/she would charge under those circumstances. (Husband and wife team)

Edited by Aussiesrus: 29/6/2012 09:10:16 AM

Now that the trollers seem to have disappeared, I must admit Jim Petruzzi's motivational techniques are perplexing to me. That doesn't mean he hasn't had success equipping some people to use the motivational techniques. I'm not sure how many attempts JP had in filming, but his attempt to hit the crossbar was pretty impressive.

What is irrefutable about ASA is that they have placed players in two EPL academies, one J League club and one A league club -that I know about. There are probably a lot more placements too.

A further irrefutable facet of ASA, is that at least one coach has an Asian Confed B Licence. A number of coaches in Australia contend there is a clique and an Old Boys network in Australia. They contend there is a scenario where some coaches are not evaluated objectively when they undertake licence courses, including some stakeholders within FFA. They go to Asia for a cheaper licence and some believe - a more objective assessment.

On point made by Aussiesrus, is that in Asia the licences are more of an all round education. This is a good point for someone like me. I feel I've had a lot of education in 1-4-3-3 and would probably like to look at setting up other formations incrementally.

I feel very confident with 4-4-2 and its variations, but I've had little instruction in 3-5-2. I didn't see the Spain - Italy game in the first round of Euro, but apparently Italy negated Spain's 1-4-3-3 by using a 3-5-2. A lot of players flooded the midfield. Will 3-5-2 become a fashionable formation if Italy beats Spain in the final by using it?

It will be interesting when I do the local FFA C Licence, much cheaper than a centralised FFA C Licence, later this year.

Getting back to ASA, they have qualified coaches and ones who have assisted players to gain pro contracts. The naysayers can say ASA had good players. If this is true, then why did those good players seek out ASA? They must be doing something right.:)

Edited by Decentric: 3/7/2012 12:26:37 AM
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

krones3 wrote:
Aussiesrus wrote:
krone3,

neverwozza,

If a group of 20 under 16-19 came to you for 2 week Intense training 2.5hours in the morning and 2.5 in the afternoon 6 days a week, what would you charge?

Krones3,

Forgot to mention. The first session is free to see whether or not the players like it. If the players like it then you can talk further. If they don't then you can walk away no problems.

Tis up to you.

Give tony a ring first to let him know your intentions and all should be fine.
the.football.God
the.football.God
Fan
Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)

One of the things about these academies these days is that a lot of them now have connections to overseas youth coaches or scouts. They are not necessarily great coaches or better coaches than others but they can give their players opportunities that others can not (including NTC coaches). I've seen some kids score overseas trials who weren't standouts here in Australia and missed out on rep honours because there were better players ahead of them, not politics, but through a coach or a connection they had got these trials.
GaryBoulder
GaryBoulder
Fan
Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)

Any of these kids ever kick on?

Lots of talk about EPL trials for kids that can't even cut it in the A-League.

Or do they all cry racism as the reason for failing?
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
GaryBoulder - 12 Feb 2015 5:51 PM
Any of these kids ever kick on?

Hahahahahahahahaha.

No, would be the long answer. 
GaryBoulder
GaryBoulder
Fan
Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)

Is there at least a new batch of no hopers that can be fraudulently claimed to be future world beaters?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search