Academies that tour Asia

Academies that tour Asia

Author
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Benjamin wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
For the record - license in Australia, $2,500 - license in UK, approx $800. .

Is this the cost for simply sitting for the exam?

By my calcs that's about a 2000% increase since formation of the FFA.

That's the cost of sitting the exam - and it's non-refundable if you fail the exam (although I believe they give you a discount if you re-sit).

Was only $120 just a short time ago.

Bleeding joe public to keep those FFA noses in the trough, as the red ink flows.

Disgraceful.

Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Benjamin wrote:
Similar situation with coaching courses. A friend of mine did his B-license in Singapore because it was cheaper to fly up there twice and pay the SFA fees, than to fly down to Sydney and pay the FFA fees.

I understand the FFA are in the process of making renewal courses compulsory, another neat little money spinner - although I can't confirm that this is 100% accurate.

It's the KNVB way i.e. latch onto naivety and suck it dry.

They turn the whole education thing into a very profitable business, using predatory business practices and taking cronyism to the next level.

Strayan sockah is being arse raped.

Edited by judy free: 14/12/2011 08:24:43 AM
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Judy Free wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
Similar situation with coaching courses. A friend of mine did his B-license in Singapore because it was cheaper to fly up there twice and pay the SFA fees, than to fly down to Sydney and pay the FFA fees.

I understand the FFA are in the process of making renewal courses compulsory, another neat little money spinner - although I can't confirm that this is 100% accurate.

It's the KNVB way i.e. latch onto naivety and suck it dry.

They turn the whole education thing into a very profitable business, using predatory business practices and taking cronyism to the next level.

Strayan sockah is being arse raped.

Wouldn't point the finger at KNVB - it's the way many 'businesses' have been going for the last two decades, we (Strayan Sockah) were just a bit late to catch on.
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Not sure of its inequivalent but here are some prices in the UK

Booking Information:
To obtain the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football, candidates must attend all related sessions and show competence in all units.

The costs for all 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football courses are as follows:
- £390 per candidate.
- £355 per candidate if the candidate is part of the Leicestershire & Rutland Coaches Association.
- £355 per candidate if the candidate if from a Leicestershire & Rutland County FA Charter Standard Club. A letter from the club, on official club letter headed paper, must be supplied with the candidates application form as proof.

PLEASE NOTE

If you need to complete an Emergency Aid or Safeguarding Children workshop as part of your Level 2 CCF. There is an extra cost of £29 per workshop, this must be made payable to Leicestershire FA.

1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football Re-Assessments:
Booking Information:
- £80 per candidate.
- £70 per candidate if the candidate is from a Leicestershire & Rutland County FA Charter Standard Club. A letter from the club, on official club letter headed paper, must be supplied with the candidates application form as proof.
- £70 per candidate, if the candidate is part of the Leicestershire & Rutland Coaches Association.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Decentric wrote:

I also know a bit about the US College scholarship system which can combine football with tertiary study.

What experience do you have with the college scholarship system?

A lot.

A close relative has done part of one.

Bought the scripted sales pitch from NSR that "your kid has tons of ability" and got done hook, line and sinker.

Classic naivety.

No.

The player already had a track record before going as a footballer to the USA.

Won a state title at age 17 with a senior split state league senior women's team. Standard of women's football here is much closer to VPL than men's.

Played for the state at under 17 level 11 v 11 outdoor at national championships.

Played for state Vikings team at national championships. Scored a number of goals and was disappointed to miss out on Aussie squad.

Nobody needed to hear that said relative had ability as a footballer.

The location, Washington State, was the greatest attraction.

It was the academic institution that was the disappointment. Amazingly, subjects can be counted from there as part of a degree here. Also, quality of life doesn't match the Apple Isle.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

krones3 wrote:
Not sure of its inequivalent but here are some prices in the UK

Booking Information:
To obtain the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football, candidates must attend all related sessions and show competence in all units.

The costs for all 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football courses are as follows:
- £390 per candidate.
- £355 per candidate if the candidate is part of the Leicestershire & Rutland Coaches Association.
- £355 per candidate if the candidate if from a Leicestershire & Rutland County FA Charter Standard Club. A letter from the club, on official club letter headed paper, must be supplied with the candidates application form as proof.

PLEASE NOTE

If you need to complete an Emergency Aid or Safeguarding Children workshop as part of your Level 2 CCF. There is an extra cost of £29 per workshop, this must be made payable to Leicestershire FA.

1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football Re-Assessments:
Booking Information:
- £80 per candidate.
- £70 per candidate if the candidate is from a Leicestershire & Rutland County FA Charter Standard Club. A letter from the club, on official club letter headed paper, must be supplied with the candidates application form as proof.
- £70 per candidate, if the candidate is part of the Leicestershire & Rutland Coaches Association.

Krones, it would be interesting to hear the price of FA advanced coaching courses in England.

They are relatively cheap here if one does community coaching courses, which culminates in senior licence as highest community coaching level before advanced licences. The cost of advanced licences is expensive.

As Gregory Parker says, there is no guarantee of employment either.

Edited by Decentric: 14/12/2011 03:37:43 PM
Silvergale
Silvergale
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)

Decentric wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Decentric wrote:

I also know a bit about the US College scholarship system which can combine football with tertiary study.

What experience do you have with the college scholarship system?

A lot.

A close relative has done part of one.

Bought the scripted sales pitch from NSR that "your kid has tons of ability" and got done hook, line and sinker.

Classic naivety.

No.

The player already had a track record before going as a footballer to the USA.

Won a state title at age 17 with a senior split state league senior women's team. Standard of women's football here is much closer to VPL than men's.

Played for the state at under 17 level 11 v 11 outdoor at national championships.

Played for state Vikings team at national championships. Scored a number of goals and was disappointed to miss out on Aussie squad.

Nobody needed to hear that said relative had ability as a footballer.

The location, Washington State, was the greatest attraction.

It was the academic institution that was the disappointment. Amazingly, subjects can be counted from there as part of a degree here. Also, quality of life doesn't match the Apple Isle.

Judy Free

I have to back Decentric up on this, not every parent is sucked in, some of our kids or kids we know do actually have proven ability as Decentric mentions. My own Girl has State Level exposure and these kids will be the ones that do pick up decent offers.
As I said before NSR isnt a scam if you have your eyes open

skeptic
skeptic
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Silvergale wrote:

A scam is still a scam if someone is aware enough to not be caught. It's the methodology of misleading misinformation and untruths by omission used to get the unaware and vulnerable sitting across the desk for the once in a lifetime, hard sell opportunity and to enable the signing of a very large cheque from anyone and everyone, that makes it a scam.

Gaining a scholarship is not my beef.

Edited by skeptic: 14/12/2011 04:50:42 PM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

skeptic wrote:
Silvergale wrote:

A scam is still a scam if someone is aware enough to not be caught. It's the methodology of misleading misinformation and untruths by omission used to get the unaware and vulnerable sitting across the desk for the once in a lifetime, hard sell opportunity and to enable the signing of a very large cheque from anyone and everyone, that makes it a scam.

I know of about 10 sports scholarship recipients through NSR.

There have been varying levels of satisfaction.

Sometimes the football has been an issue.

Sometimes the education has been an issue.

I found that the communication between NSR and the university was too nebulous at times.

The institution was slack in communicating.

The coach told players what they wanted to hear. Players didn't know where they stood. The team was very successful, but they trained far too much.
skeptic
skeptic
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Decentric wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Silvergale wrote:

I know of about 10 sports scholarship recipients through NSR.

There have been varying levels of satisfaction.

Sometimes the football has been an issue.

Sometimes the education has been an issue.

I found that the communication between NSR and the university was too nebulous at times.

The institution was slack in communicating.

The coach told players what they wanted to hear. Players didn't know where they stood. The team was very successful, but they trained far too much.

For god's sake, are you freaking people stupid, bloody stubborn or have a tunnel of fresh air from one ear to the other large enough for a subway?

I've said it before and i'll say it again. I don't give a rats arse about the above. Any of it. Do you understand? I'll say it again for the deaf, blind or dull.
I don't give a rats arse about the above. Any of it. Do you understand?

Shheeeesh. Why the avoidance of the big problem i've raised several times now? Do you lot have shares in the damn company? Honestly, do you?

Damn, you claim loudly and monotonously that you want the best for Australian football and have the best interest of Australian kids in mind, so what do you do?

Well, you see an obvious case of the most vulnerable being ripping off very big dollars by snake oil salesmen in a polished and practised operation, so, you stick a bloody big cork in your gobs and go dumb.

Be damned if i know what you're up to or why. Does anyone?

Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/226710,west-ham-ink-aussie-academy-deal.aspx

Oh no, another group of professionals crudely accepting payments from parents in exchange for quality coaching for kids. How dare professionals try to pay their bills and put food on the table. Oh the shame of it all!! :roll:

Quick Skeptic and Judy Free. Don't let this opportunity to trash another topic and call it all a huge scam pass you by.

Seems like your work to rid the world of academies that offer real talented kids a different pathway to the normal selection pathway is never done *sigh4u*

Got to it Batskeptic and Robinfree the caped crusaders fighting a never ending battle against academies!! LOL :roll:

Edited by Aussiesrus: 15/12/2011 08:38:57 AM
skeptic
skeptic
Pro

I ask why there's an avoidance of response to unethical recruiting practice of an agency and you post this to throw mud at the messenger in retaliation for having the audacity to do so?
Why?

I don't give a damn about about the academy in the above link so don't trivialise the unethical practices i speak of re a scholarship agency by attempting to trash the messenger and connecting to a totally unrelated field.

I can only surmise from the vigour and irrelevancy of your attack, your are trying to silence criticism or perhaps even mention of the practice. Again, i ask why?
Silvergale
Silvergale
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)

When a topic is bought into play through discussion namely acadameys or NSR themselves then the whole subject is in play, not just the portion that some specific people want to discuss.

The system isnt a scam, Sketic indicates through high pressure tatics its a scam but it delivers results for those who do there research. If it delivers then it cant be a scam.

Misleading? No its not, if you didnt get what you wanted out of it the general answer is your kid wasnt good enough to recieve the type of scholarship that is no offer for quality players or you where not smart enough to ask the right questions or in most cases the parents have their eyes closed on the kids talent. Do certain providers take advantage of this, yes they do, its a business, welcome to the real world

As Aussiesrus very nicely states, the correct pathways to take through the Australian process are corrupt & political, I have been surrounded by this through my whole daughters career. Again its life, I realised this some years ago and you carry on. If you cant break through that process then do you give up or look at other options like acadameys? The answer is look at the next options.

Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

skeptic wrote:
I ask why there's an avoidance of response to unethical recruiting practice of an agency and you post this to throw mud at the messenger in retaliation for having the audacity to do so?
Why?

I don't give a damn about about the academy in the above link so don't trivialise the unethical practices i speak of re a scholarship agency by attempting to trash the messenger and connecting to a totally unrelated field.

I can only surmise from the vigour and irrelevancy of your attack, your are trying to silence criticism or perhaps even mention of the practice. Again, i ask why?

All of the above has what to do with "Academies that tour asia" like the topic says. As much as you hate arguing moot points irrelevant to the topic, I hate reading your biff crap.

As far as ASA is concerned i've been polite to you and answered all questions where possible. How about showing the same courtesy?

I have no beef with you or anyone else raising and asking questions relevant. What does grind my and other peoples gears is the constant biff, trashing and out and out slander which passes the borders of libless to plain abuse of other posters for having a different view to yourself and Judy Free. You pair seem to take it in turns to derail the topic or simply trash it.

This topic isn't about "unethical practices by certain academies" which i'm sure exist somewhere and fortunately I have avoided them.

So do we have an understanding?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Silvergale wrote:

The system isnt a scam, Sketic indicates through high pressure tatics its a scam but it delivers results for those who do there research. If it delivers then it cant be a scam.

I think this is a fair comment, Silvergate.=d>

A number of players have had an opportunity they wouldn't have had without NSR.

There were no high pressure tactics from NSR in our case.

Our research had been sound enough. NSR presented scenarios.

One point made by a friend, which was belatedly significant when I realised the ramifications, was that her 4 year US degree (from a very good US university) would have only taken 3 years to complete in Australia. The first year of a degree in the US is a waste of time.
skeptic
skeptic
Pro

Silvergale wrote:
When a topic is bought into play through discussion namely acadameys or NSR themselves then the whole subject is in play, not just the portion that some specific people want to discuss.

Misleading? No its not, if you didnt get what you wanted out of it the general answer is your kid wasnt good enough to recieve the type of scholarship that is no offer for quality players or you where not smart enough to ask the right questions or in most cases the parents have their eyes closed on the kids talent. Do certain providers take advantage of this, yes they do, its a business, welcome to the real world

As Aussiesrus very nicely states, the correct pathways to take through the Australian process are corrupt & political, I have been surrounded by this through my whole daughters career. Again its life, I realised this some years ago and you carry on. If you cant break through that process then do you give up or look at other options like acadameys? The answer is look at the next options.

Excuse me Silver, but read my original comments on the subject of the methodology of getting this kids to an interview, the sham trials they claimed were to choose only those with stand out ability and then trying to sign every one of them regardless of ability and with little knowledge of their ability. As is aid previously, my son, along with all others were pressured to sign contracts and that's my point.

There were a handful of the best youth in the state league among all the player's parents present saying no the signing, with the exception of one.

When we realised they had bullshitted re the trials it put initial doubt in our minds re the legitimacy of the process, then the interviews on top of being told we couldn't have a week or so to think about it, that it was today or never, rang loud alarm bells and confirmed all wasn't what we were led to believe.

We all decided as a group that perhaps there may be opportunity for a scholarship but we didn't want to have any further dealings with this agency, regardless. If they had been honest from the start, not gone through a stage show, not told lies and not used high pressure practice such as not allowing any time for consideration, it may have been a different matter.

edit .. For myself, the game itself and a scholarship was no more than a vehicle to experience a different culture while conducting a subsidised education. He now has a degree, a full time career position and is happy as Larry.

Edited by skeptic: 15/12/2011 09:40:45 AM
skeptic
skeptic
Pro

Aussiesrus wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Why?

All of the above has what to do with "Academies that tour asia" like the topic says. As much as you hate arguing moot points irrelevant to the topic, I hate reading your biff crap.

As far as ASA is concerned i've been polite to you and answered all questions where possible. How about showing the same courtesy?

I have no beef with you or anyone else raising and asking questions relevant. What does grind my and other peoples gears is the constant biff, trashing and out and out slander which passes the borders of libless to plain abuse of other posters for having a different view to yourself and Judy Free. You pair seem to take it in turns to derail the topic or simply trash it.

This topic isn't about "unethical practices by certain academies" which i'm sure exist somewhere and fortunately I have avoided them.

After your previous post trying the shoot the messenger, you want courtesy? Attempt to smack me in the mouth and you'll get double in return.
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

skeptic wrote:
Aussiesrus wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Why?

After your previous post trying the shoot the messenger, you want courtesy? Attempt to smack me in the mouth and you'll get double in return.

I see. IQ of a coconut. No wonder you don't get answers and are ignored.

Consider it done.
Silvergale
Silvergale
Hardcore Fan

skeptic wrote:
Silvergale wrote:

Excuse me Silver, but read my original comments on the subject of the methodology of getting this kids to an interview, the sham trials they claimed were to choose only those with stand out ability and then trying to sign every one of them regardless of ability and with little knowledge of their ability. As is aid previously, my son, along with all others were pressured to sign contracts and that's my point.

There were a handful of the best youth in the state league among all the player's parents present saying no the signing, with the exception of one.

When we realised they had bullshitted re the trials it put initial doubt in our minds re the legitimacy of the process, then the interviews on top of being told we couldn't have a week or so to think about it, that it was today or never, rang loud alarm bells and confirmed all wasn't what we were led to believe.

We all decided as a group that perhaps there may be opportunity for a scholarship but we didn't want to have any further dealings with this agency, regardless. If they had been honest from the start, not gone through a stage show, not told lies and not used high pressure practice such as not allowing any time for consideration, it may have been a different matter.

edit .. For myself, the game itself and a scholarship was no more than a vehicle to experience a different culture while conducting a subsidised education. He now has a degree, a full time career position and is happy as Larry.

Edited by skeptic: 15/12/2011 09:40:45 AM

I,m glad things all worked out for your son

As I said and my last comment on this, its a business for them, high pressured or not this is the world of sales, beleive what you want based on what they tell you and like you did you dont have to take the offer up.
We didnt even attend trials and accepted based on our own timing, not theirs. Their timing is the "pressure tatics" you talk about but its there way of getting you in quick, you didnt have to meet their timing you could have taken your time and they still would have accepted you like we did!!
This is just being experienced in dealing with sales people

I can gauretee you if your son had the goods you would have done well out of this. One of the other biggest forms of mind confusion is also being influenced by other parents opinions, sounds like this happened in your senario as well.

I totally agree that you shouldnt let people pressure you, but just becasue you are being pressure as part of the "sell" doesnt make it bad.

Summary
We had a quality player (not everyone has)
We took our own time to commit, they accepted this (not everyone will try this)
We got numerous and affordable offers

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I have some info regarding Asian placements/trials from the agent. Moreover, it iscloser to the subject of this thread.

It seems like there are currently no contact for Japan and Korea with this agent's company. It is a shame, because Japan seems to be universally enjoyed by players who play there.

It seems ASA have contacts for Japan for players want to play there in particular. It may be one of the best countries in the world to play football.

The agent/player manager/scout's company has links with a lot of east Asia. China, Thailand, India, Singapore are destinations where the agents' company has contacts.

Vietnam is considered too hard. Indonesia is considered unpredictable.

Also, Asian clubs expect players to pay for trials. This causes disquiet amongst triallists. They are often happy to pay for trials in Europe, but not Asia.

Also, the football recruiting company has contacts with Holland, Germany and France through the Belgian agent.

They also have contacts with Scotland through their English agent.

One of advantages of the straight out trials over US scholarships is playing in first world football cultures. Rich Asian nations currently have more money for football than Europe.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Can someone please name three NSR grads that have gone onto a successful pro career?
skeptic
skeptic
Pro

Quote:
Quote:

I can gauretee you if your son had the goods you would have done well out of this
. One of the other biggest forms of mind confusion is also being influenced by other parents opinions, sounds like this happened in your senario as well.

My son's wish at the time was to do what he is now doing, using his degree, regardless of where it was gained, in a remote indigenous community. He wouldn't be in the position he presently is if he'd taken an offer, though we weren't to know this at the time as it was gained through where he conducted his practical training requirement during his degree.
He has travelled and experienced more than most his age and because he actually does have the goods, done extremely well.

And no, i make up my own mind, others don't do it for me. As a small business owner and self employed most of my life, or as Mr. Joe Public, I simply don't appreciate being lied to, regardless of the situation or the direction it's coming from.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Aussiesrus wrote:

Quick Skeptic and Judy Free. Don't let this opportunity to trash another topic and call it all a huge scam pass you by.

Judy Free exists on 442 primarily to mock most posters' comments, occasionally choosing to add some useful contributions to topics.

Sceptic posts to find antithetical arguments to any posts/threads, including Judy Free's, over many years on 442. It appears to be an intellectual exercise for Sceptic.

Arosina, who I know off forum and consider a mate, made a comment telling someone to 'copulate off'. This was out of character. He adds a lot of different perspectives and is a genuine football intellectual who happens to disagree with many positions I've taken. I may not agree with him at times, but agree the rationale to support his positions is often sound.

Arosina usually presents cogent alternative views and willingly debates points. Good on him. This forum is the better for his contributions.
skeptic
skeptic
Pro

Decentric wrote:

One of advantages of the straight out trials over US scholarships is playing in first world football cultures. Rich Asian nations currently have more money for football than Europe.

You don't appear to give consideration to youngsters that might just want to use their sport as a vehicle to gain a subsidised education and experience another country whilst doing it. The vast majority of youngsters, including the elite among them, will never make a living from their chosen sport and will require an education, first and foremost
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Aro, you've been rubber stamped by the FFT great one.

Happy dayz. :d
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Judy Free wrote:
Can someone please name three NSR grads that have gone onto a successful pro career?

On my relative's team were two American players who she considered were good enough for the Matildas. Coaches sometimes are self-interested enough to 'hide' players from higher honours too, as losing high calibre players can weaken a team.

The fact the two excellent US footballers weren't recruited at a higher level astonished her. They have hundreds of thousands of players in the USA training at professional intensity, so there can often be a degree of luck in gaining a pro contract.

To say NSR has failed because of players' not landing a pro contact is a specious and spurious, flawed argument. There are very few pro positions available for the number of footballers per capita head of population in the US.

I may even contact NSR and let them know about this thread.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Decentric wrote:
Judy Free wrote:

On my relative's team were two American players who she considered were good enough for the Matildas. Coaches sometimes are self-interested enough to 'hide' players from higher honours too, as losing high calibre players can weaken a team.

The fact the two excellent US footballers weren't recruited at a higher level astonished her. They have hundreds of thousands of players in the USA training at professional intensity, so there can often be a degree of luck in gaining a pro contract.

To say NSR has failed because of players' not landing a pro contact is a specious and spurious, flawed argument. There are very few pro positions available for the number of footballers per capita head of population in the US.

So, the answer to my Q is zero?

Lol
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

skeptic wrote:
Decentric wrote:

You don't appear to give consideration to youngsters that might just want to use their sport as a vehicle to gain a subsidised education and experience another country whilst doing it. The vast majority of youngsters, including the elite among them, will never make a living from their chosen sport and will require an education, first and foremost

Basically, I agree with the essence of your post.

The problem is that most of the serious unis in the USA, the Ivy League and the elite group that Stamford and UCLA are in , etc, don't give away sporting scholarships.

The ones that do are often mediocre academic institutions.

It is also difficult for international students to work in America, like they can at home.

skeptic
skeptic
Pro

Decentric wrote:
Aussiesrus wrote:

Sceptic posts to find antithetical arguments to any posts/threads, including Judy Free's, over many years on 442. It appears to be an intellectual exercise for Sceptic.

Let me asked you something, decentric. If you spot an incorrect statement that may wrongly sway the views or opinions of others or simply as a vehicle to further an argument in the favour of those making the statement, do you zip your lips?

If i see a statement i know to be incorrect or if i smell bullshit, I'll correct or question it, be it in a forum or to your face. You, personally, very often give non answers to questions and/or skirt the actual question.

An example is my questions to you about the requirements of FFT public liability insurance and why you couldn't or wouldn't meet them. I had to keep asking and still, the question was eventually half answered, not by yourself but by 'General', if i remember correctly. Getting a straight answer is akin to bashing one's head against a wall because you like the relief when you stop. Extremely frustrating.
skeptic
skeptic
Pro

Decentric wrote:
Judy Free wrote:

This is another example of a non answer, decentric. One can only make a guess to the meaning of a non answer to what was a very simple question. You can't see there can be a realistic perception that there's an avoidance of the question?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search