The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
a win like that should really boost their confidence and our next three matches can really change the shape of the top three. we have melbourne heart away, newcastle at home and central coast away.

then we play wellington away (currently 4th) to continue the top of the table clashes.

Edited by jargernaut: 16/1/2012 04:06:43 PM
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
what a great win last night. I had to record and watch it late because we had a family function.

Was going mental when we won and everyone was sleeping at like midnight. What a great win.

Did you wake everybody up? :lol:

You did well to resist the temptation to look up the result!

T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Jargernaut wrote:
a win like that should really boost their confidence and our next three matches can really change the shape of the top three. we have melbourne heart away, newcastle at home and central coast away.

then we play wellington away (currently 4th) to continue the top of the table clashes.

Edited by jargernaut: 16/1/2012 04:06:43 PM

I hoping we can get at least 3 wins out of those four.

It will make the title race much more exciting if we do.

Only 6 points behind CCM now, that's just two wins. If they get a loss or at least another couple of draws and then we beat them, we'll catch up no worries. :d
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

T3X8 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
what a great win last night. I had to record and watch it late because we had a family function.

Was going mental when we won and everyone was sleeping at like midnight. What a great win.

Did you wake everybody up? :lol:

You did well to resist the temptation to look up the result!

nah. was doing a soft scream, but was jumping around like a maniac.

ive done it for quite a few games. i got the a-league app too and its so easy to just click on it, im lucky that most of the time people are not really talking about the game, so i do well to not see scores.
dingyv03
dingyv03
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

So i come in to work today, starting a new job. I am getting introduced to all the staff and realise i am working with W-league Roar player, Joanna Burgess.

Edited by zimbos_05: 23/1/2012 12:55:55 PM
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

did they win yesterday?

Member since 2008.

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

Munrubenmuz wrote:
did they win yesterday?

yeah, they were down 1-0 and then scored in the 94th minute of extra time. Took the game to penalties and won. they playing Canberra in the final next.
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Brisbane are a great example of the word 'club'.

All ours teams are succesful ;).

I hope thats not the ACL kit!!
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:
did they win yesterday?

yeah, they were down 1-0 and then scored in the 94th minute of extra time. Took the game to penalties and won. they playing Canberra in the final next.

We ummed and aahed about going but thought we'll go next week if they got in the final. Should have gone by the sounds of it.

Where's the final?

Member since 2008.

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

Its down in Canberra.
Muz
Muz
Legend

zimbos_05 wrote:
Its down in Canberra.

Ha. Definitely should have gone then.

Member since 2008.

Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

was that the acl kit on the page before.
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

Jargernaut wrote:

Nah, just a crappy mock up someone did.

Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro

T3X8 wrote:
Jargernaut wrote:

ok then, thanks!
beastjim
beastjim
Super Fan
Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)

T3X8 wrote:
Jargernaut wrote:

In Puma HQ..... For the Brisbane Roar..... which seemingly got approved by the Roar....
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

beastjim wrote:
T3X8 wrote:
Jargernaut wrote:

In Puma HQ..... For the Brisbane Roar..... which seemingly got approved by the Roar....

you post dont make sense to me. speak in full sentences.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

I dont know about you guys, but i dont really rate Henrique. I would be picking Brattan, Meyer and Visconte over him.

Brattan and Visconte has shown some stuff in the games they have played and i cnt understand why Brattan is not starting. The guy is a brilliant passer and that what our team is built on.
Muz
Muz
Legend

zimbos_05 wrote:
I dont know about you guys, but i dont really rate Henrique.

Woooh! Big call!

Did you ever get your stickers?

Member since 2008.

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
I dont know about you guys, but i dont really rate Henrique.

I didn't rate him much either last season, and I was happy for him to be a substitute.

But he's one of those players who always puts in 100%, and is always looking to go forward. Same as Broich, the first thing they do is look to attack.

I'm not one of the Nichols haters, but lately I haven't been impressed with him because more often than not he's very quick to go all the way back to the defenders. Last year he was taking risks and playing those great through balls, and we were all taking about how great a player he was.

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

aussieshorter wrote:

I didn't rate him much either last season, and I was happy for him to be a substitute.

But he's one of those players who always puts in 100%, and is always looking to go forward. Same as Broich, the first thing they do is look to attack.

I'm not one of the Nichols haters, but lately I haven't been impressed with him because more often than not he's very quick to go all the way back to the defenders. Last year he was taking risks and playing those great through balls, and we were all taking about how great a player he was.

Munrubenmuz wrote:

Woooh! Big call!

Henrique often loses the ball a fair bit and his first touch is not the best. Brattan and Visconte have looked stronger with the ball at their feet and far more comfortable. Brattan also picks out more passes and gets the ball in good attacking positions. Visconte has also created a bit more and looked more dangerous going forward.

Munrubenmuz wrote:

Did you ever get your stickers?

Yeah i got them. Was overseas when they came through so, my bro just took them. Stuck a few around the area, need to put a few more up now.
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

A nice little fan spotlight piece from the last home game against SFC.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/2187429191/Your-say-Buoyant-Brisbane-fans

Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro

zimbos_05 wrote:
I dont know about you guys, but i dont really rate Henrique. I would be picking Brattan, Meyer and Visconte over him.

Brattan and Visconte has shown some stuff in the games they have played and i cnt understand why Brattan is not starting. The guy is a brilliant passer and that what our team is built on.

hernique would be a bench player for me, coming on for tired defenders he would tear them apart. he loves the club and always gives his all, so i hope he is part of the club for a long time.

i agree id like to see more visconte and meyer wide and i am a big fan of brattan. i think brattan will get an extended role in the team while nichols is away on olyroos duty.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

With the Bakries now in full control of the club, where do you guys see the club going.

I sure hope we start seeing some investment in the club especially player wise, we still have that marquee spot available and i think we can make the most of it.
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

I'm hoping that the first thing they focus on is investing in the club for the future, through our own top class training facility, and setting up a youth academy

Marquee players are great and might have a short term impact on the club, but I think you'd agree we've been fairly successful so far without one.

Having said that, I wouldn't be upset with us getting Matty back in the Aussie marquee spot :d

Borstal_Breakout
Borstal_Breakout
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Ange has repeatedly said he will not bebringing in a marquee for the sake of it so I can't see that happening, not this season anyway.

I'd like to see som money spent on promoting the team within our own city and to the broader QLD community. QLDers love a winner and we should be capitalising on that.
Borstal_Breakout
Borstal_Breakout
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

T3X8 wrote:
A nice little fan spotlight piece from the last home game against SFC.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/2187429191/Your-say-Buoyant-Brisbane-fans

Hahaha my cousin isthone who talks about rivercity crew and the den and our old futsal goalkeeper is the one who sys we hate sydney and gives the fingers ahahahahaha
Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro

i see the acl tickets went on sale for the first acl match today, has anyone made a purchase yet.
blakroz13
blakroz13
Rising Star
Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)

Yeah I purchased my 2 regular seats last week for the 3 group games...
Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro

i was reading yesterday that apparently a lion's roar can be heard up to 8km away and they also roar after devouring a kill.

In saying that after every home win the sound system at suncorp stadium should play the sound of a lion's ROAR that can be heard within an 8km radius around the stadium.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search