The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
RJL25 wrote:
Visconte was very impressive I thought when he came on, needs more opportunity.

I still maintain that Issey needs a few weeks off to think about it.

Team I'd like against Wello

----------Theo----------

Steff--Adnan--Smith--Franjic

Mitch--Paaralu--Brattan

Danning--Berisha--Visconte

Disclaimer, if any of Broich, Henrique and Meyer are fit, my team changes

Edited by RJL25: 12/12/2011 10:05:15 PM

Smith won't play, he's been ruled out of at least the Phoenix game with an outside chance for Saturday.

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

anyone got the broich dvd. I ordered mine today so hopefully it comes soon.
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
anyone got the broich dvd. I ordered mine today so hopefully it comes soon.

I ordered two yesterday. One for me and one as a Christmas pressie. It better get here soon so I can send it on.

SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Should Shane get a rest and try Hingert out?

Definalty would like to see Danning or Visconte start.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

SlyGoat36 wrote:

ive been impressed with Hingert, id try him over Steff
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
SlyGoat36 wrote:

ive been impressed with Hingert, id try him over Steff

It would probably be better in the long run as he is much younger.
Wacko Jacko
Wacko Jacko
Fan
Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)

Matt Smith ruled out of Nix Game
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class

Wacko Jacko wrote:
Matt Smith ruled out of Nix Game

Six posts late ;)
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

its been getting a bit quiet in here....surely now we got the win everyone will come out of their crying corners.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
its been getting a bit quiet in here....surely now we got the win everyone will come out of their crying corners.

I do apologise, I haven't been in a crying corner, I've been on holidays and away from a computer.

I have been doing plenty of crying though, especially after the GC game... happy now though!
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

RJL25 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

I do apologise, I haven't been in a crying corner, I've been on holidays and away from a computer.

I have been doing plenty of crying though, especially after the GC game... happy now though!

Haha, sounds exactly like what I've been doing, bloody great new year though!
Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

We knew the win would come, they stuck to their style and believed in the system, happy new year roar fans!
Nahaz99
Nahaz99
Amateur
Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)

While the game last night was good and we played well, it's clear we need to dip into the transfer window this month to strengthen the squad. We can't hope to give the ACL a shake and challenge for the A-League unless we get a few more players.

I'd like to see McKay back on loan, plus out of favor players Solorzano and David Williams come on board. Another defender is also key- not sure who though
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

Nahaz99 wrote:
While the game last night was good and we played well, it's clear we need to dip into the transfer window this month to strengthen the squad. We can't hope to give the ACL a shake and challenge for the A-League unless we get a few more players.

I'd like to see McKay back on loan, plus out of favor players Solorzano and David Williams come on board. Another defender is also key- not sure who though

Solorzano and David Williams... no thanks! Williams has been crap since he left NQF, a pity because he was doing well with them, but I don't think signing players that can't make it at other teams will be good for our ACL campaign.

Also Solo has osteo pubis and can only play the odd game, like Reinaldo did for a while, part of the reason we didn't extend his loan I think.

Matty McKay however, would be an absolute ripper to have on board for the ACL!!

T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

"Finally, German star back to kickstart the Roar!"

That's the title of an article in the CM today about Broich ready to play on Saturday against SFC.

It was mostly about Berisha needing the great service he provides and doesn't say anything about whether or not he will start but great news none the less.

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

great to see Broich back, hopefully they dont put all the reliance on him now.

I feel so sorry for Berisha, the lad works his socks off, but he dsnt get enough service. Im sure if he got more service, wed be smashing.

T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

zimbos_05 wrote:
great to see Broich back, hopefully they dont put all the reliance on him now.

I feel so sorry for Berisha, the lad works his socks off, but he dsnt get enough service. Im sure if he got more service, wed be smashing.

In all fairness to the rest of the boys, in the last game against AU he was given a few golden chances but he wasn't able to put them away.

Also a couple of times in that game he had the option to lay off for an easy assist and almost certain goals, but his hunger for a goal got the better of him.

Might very well have cost us the win.

LJJD
LJJD
Weekender
Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)

Does anyone know anything about any possible signings to be made before the ACL teams have to be submitted on Feb 1. I saw something about a european based player but im not sure if there is any truth to it. Does anyone know anything about this ?
Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

LJJD wrote:
Does anyone know anything about any possible signings to be made before the ACL teams have to be submitted on Feb 1. I saw something about a european based player but im not sure if there is any truth to it. Does anyone know anything about this ?

i dont subscribe to the notion we need any additions, yeah we have had a bad run but it coincided with the loss of a couple of our best attacking options. The last few weeks has shown promise that the team has played to our style without the two in question. no that they are back the confidence in the other players will increase. By seasons end and the ACL kick off will be scoring for fun again.
asanchez
asanchez
Semi-Pro

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the Broich DVD?

LJJD
LJJD
Weekender
Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)

Jargernaut wrote:
LJJD wrote:

i dont subscribe to the notion we need any additions, yeah we have had a bad run but it coincided with the loss of a couple of our best attacking options. The last few weeks has shown promise that the team has played to our style without the two in question. no that they are back the confidence in the other players will increase. By seasons end and the ACL kick off will be scoring for fun again.

I was not judging my opinion that we need plyers from our current form i just think that we have a few deficiancies in our squad that need to be adressed before the ACL, speed for example.
jimmythehand
jimmythehand
Hacker
Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)Hacker (435 reputation)

asanchez wrote:

The Roar website, just google roar and it will come right up.
They may be sold out in which case you could have to wait a while, or you could borrow someones and burn it.

Great insight into pro football as an up and coming star.
asanchez
asanchez
Semi-Pro

jimmythehand wrote:
asanchez wrote:

They may be sold out in which case you could have to wait a while, or you could borrow someones and burn it.

Cheer jimmy

asanchez
asanchez
Semi-Pro

jimmythehand wrote:
asanchez wrote:

Cheers jimmy

Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro

LJJD wrote:
Jargernaut wrote:
LJJD wrote:

I was not judging my opinion that we need plyers from our current form i just think that we have a few deficiancies in our squad that need to be adressed before the ACL, speed for example.

fair enough mate, for the record i wasnt having a "go" at you if you interpreted it that way.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

With this whole Berisha injury scare thing, it makes me really thing we need another striker.

Unless Ange has faith in Fitzegerald as a striker or is letting Kofi have a go, i think we desperately need a striker. Marquee anyone???

SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class

zimbos_05 wrote:
With this whole Berisha injury scare thing, it makes me really thing we need another striker.

Unless Ange has faith in Fitzegerald as a striker or is letting Kofi have a go, i think we desperately need a striker. Marquee anyone???

Maybe Ryan Griffiths on loan for the ACL?
EllandRoad
EllandRoad
Super Fan
Super Fan (152 reputation)Super Fan (152 reputation)Super Fan (152 reputation)Super Fan (152 reputation)Super Fan (152 reputation)Super Fan (152 reputation)Super Fan (152 reputation)Super Fan (152 reputation)Super Fan (152 reputation)Super Fan (152 reputation)Super Fan (152 reputation)

Injury scare is always a problem but not for this situation. Sure Besart is an injury blow but we still have Issey and Danning supported now by the return of Broich and Henrique. Should be a good match this weekend.
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

zimbos_05 wrote:

Fitzy isn't in the match day squad.

Kofi might be able to do the job but not as well as Berisha or someone who has more experience in that position.

I'm sure Ange has had a plan in place for this situation, so it will be interesting to see how he arranges it.

I agree though, maybe delving into the transfer market for extra back up, especially for the ACL, is not such a bad idea, but I think Ange is a bit too proud to do it.

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

what a great win last night. I had to record and watch it late because we had a family function.

Was going mental when we won and everyone was sleeping at like midnight. What a great win.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search