The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Waz - 16 Aug 2018 9:37 PM
@BRFC92

Here’s my understanding- there’s a genuine deal being done, the commercials are sorted in terms of his wages etc, the footballing side is now the main focus but the business side still matters but it is not an impediment to the football. Because it’s taking so long everyone seems to believe they’re in genuine negotiations, and a “no” would have come sooner so they’re feeling confident

Well that sounds positive ...hope you are right ..then if he does come... I hope he turns out to be worth it.
I still wonder though who will be putting the goals in..not convinced that Taggart will get many (either through injury or inconsistency)

BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Guess we won’t be hearing anything today. Probably overshadowed by the Lowy news.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Well it’s still early morning in France
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

The guy they brought in from the FFA (Pedge?) is over in Europe at the moment, presumably working on this deal,
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

Waz - 18 Aug 2018 10:42 AM
The guy they brought in from the FFA (Pedge?) is over in Europe at the moment, presumably working on this deal,

Pedj sounds like a great negotiator, so hopefully he can close the deal. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/brfc-launch-roar-rascals-membership

Brisbane Roar are proud to continue its commitment to promoting the growth and development of football in Queensland with the launch of the Roar Rascals Membership.

Designed to get more young Queenslanders involved in the World Game & part of the Brisbane Roar family, all junior footballers under the age of 11 years will be offered a free Roar Rascals Membership.

All registered junior players in Queensland and Northern New South Wales have the chance to be one of the first Roar Rascals and the opportunity to experience a Hyundai A-League game from some of the best seats in the house.

As a part of the 2018 Roar Rascals Membership, juniors will receive a FREE Family Pass (2 juniors, 2 adults) to our Hyundai A-League Round 2 clash against Wellington Phoenix at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday, 28 October.

Junior footballers will be able to claim their free pass by entering their My Football ID into the promotional codes section on Ticketek.com.au once tickets are on sale. Stay tuned for more details.

Popular Pathway Programs, the Roar Active Program and the ALDI MiniRoos Kick-off Program, encourage children to be active and improve their skills as junior footballers.

As part of the Roar Rascals Community Strategy, Brisbane Roar proudly offer all participants in these programs the chance to experience a Brisbane Roar FC home game.

All participants will receive one (1) free Adult + one (1) Child pass to our Hyundai A-League Round 8 clash at Suncorp Stadium against Melbourne Victory on Friday, 14 December.

Participants will be sent a unique code to be entered into the promotional codes section on Ticketek.com.au once tickets are on sale. Stay tuned for more details.

We are proud to be developing the next generation of Brisbane Roar stars. Get involved in an incredible opportunity to join our BRFC family & #RoarAsOne with us this Hyundai A-League season.

BrissyRoo
BrissyRoo
Hacker
Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)

Waz - 19 Aug 2018 7:50 PM
https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/brfc-launch-roar-rascals-membershipBrisbane Roar are proud to continue its commitment to promoting the growth and development of football in Queensland with the launch of the Roar Rascals Membership.Designed to get more young Queenslanders involved in the World Game & part of the Brisbane Roar family, all junior footballers under the age of 11 years will be offered a free Roar Rascals Membership.All registered junior players in Queensland and Northern New South Wales have the chance to be one of the first Roar Rascals and the opportunity to experience a Hyundai A-League game from some of the best seats in the house.As a part of the 2018 Roar Rascals Membership, juniors will receive a FREE Family Pass (2 juniors, 2 adults) to our Hyundai A-League Round 2 clash against Wellington Phoenix at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday, 28 October.Junior footballers will be able to claim their free pass by entering their My Football ID into the promotional codes section on Ticketek.com.au once tickets are on sale. Stay tuned for more details. Popular Pathway Programs, the Roar Active Program and the ALDI MiniRoos Kick-off Program, encourage children to be active and improve their skills as junior footballers.As part of the Roar Rascals Community Strategy, Brisbane Roar proudly offer all participants in these programs the chance to experience a Brisbane Roar FC home game.All participants will receive one (1) free Adult + one (1) Child pass to our Hyundai A-League Round 8 clash at Suncorp Stadium against Melbourne Victory on Friday, 14 December. Participants will be sent a unique code to be entered into the promotional codes section on Ticketek.com.au once tickets are on sale. Stay tuned for more details. We are proud to be developing the next generation of Brisbane Roar stars. Get involved in an incredible opportunity to join our BRFC family & #RoarAsOne with us this Hyundai A-League season.

Might get 4 people through the gates for the Nux game then 🤣

BrissyRoo
BrissyRoo
Hacker
Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)

Sydney being linked to Siem DeJong. Maybe he was one of the Dutch mids we were looking at?

Waz
Waz
Legend

Socceroos coming to Brisbane in November:

https://amp.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/socceroos-v-south-korea-brisbane-to-host-november-friendly-at-suncorp-stadium/news-story/5f221a41321975922a0f4e740467fe26?__twitter_impression=true

And the Flamini deal is still on-going, negotiations are taking place late at night/early AM but no further info
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Lot of hype there. Hope it comes off. First game after the WC on home soil doesn't suggest it will be november, but possibly the earlier dates we will play O/S. 442 sre saying October is in Perth against India, so who knows?
Waz
Waz
Legend

Maybe co has been too die icicles there - he’s been fed the story ahead of the formal announcement tomorrow.
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

This Flamini thing really dragging out. Hope he says yes after all of this.
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

BRFC_92 - 23 Aug 2018 7:08 AM
This Flamini thing really dragging out. Hope he says yes after all of this.

Certainly taking a while, although you would think that if a deal was going ahead and it used some of the marquee fund, Roar would have to make sure Fox and FFA were all prepared with marketing material, so when it is announced, they can do what they did with Honda and promote across all pages etc. 
BrissyRoo
BrissyRoo
Hacker

Mello-D - 23 Aug 2018 9:03 AM
BRFC_92 - 23 Aug 2018 7:08 AM

Certainly taking a while, although you would think that if a deal was going ahead and it used some of the marquee fund, Roar would have to make sure Fox and FFA were all prepared with marketing material, so when it is announced, they can do what they did with Honda and promote across all pages etc. 

Pedj is over in Europe, no?
Surely if Flamini has fallen through he is just moving onto Euro target #2 while over there

Waz
Waz
Legend

Pre-season is now firmed up:

- Saturday, 1 September v Victory in Morwell (2:30pm KO).

- Saturday, 15th September v Pen Power at A.J. Kelly Park (KO 5:00pm).

- Saturday, 29th September v Brisbane Premier League Select side (Logan CoE)

- Thursday, 4th October v Young Socceroos (KO 1200 at Logan CoE)

- Heritage Cup away to Lions FC (tbd depending on Lions Cup and NPL run)

- Sunday, 21 October. Central Coast Mariners in Round 1

The new kit launch is slated for mid-September, they’re just waiting on Umbro to confirm when the kit will be in the shops so they can align the two.

And the Flamini negotiations are in the final stages, as far as I can tell everything is agreed they’re just waiting on a decision from his agents (apparently there’s more than one involved in the negotiations lol). But they’re also negotiating with two Dutch based DMs as well.
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro

Thanks for the info Waz.

Have you heard anything on the kits? Any idea on the away/third? And if we’ll be going back to orange and black for Home.

Sounds promising if Flamini falls through.
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

I think it would definitely be good to wear orange and black if the Flamini deal falls through.
Waz
Waz
Legend

Nothing official from the club on kits other than the official launch will likely be around mid-September. If they follow the pattern of other clubs this season there’ll be “teasers” in the next week or so.

Again nothing official but everyone is expecting a return to black and orange and i’ll be amazed if they don’t, the white was a massive failure.

They’re keeping the maroon third kit as it’s very popular and sells well; the second kit is where there’ll be big change I recon - black or grey would be nice.
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro

Agree orange and white looked garbage.

Can’t see the away being black, the players have previously said it’s too hot haven’t they? You might be correct on the grey.
Waz
Waz
Legend

I actually really liked the blue away top, that and the maroon they got right last year. Orange/white was just garbage and they must return to orange and black.

So I’m guessing the second kit will change completely .. so not blue, not white, or any of the main opponents colours .. what’s left? Black, Grey, pink?

Seen a fair bit of grey around the world this season so black/grey maybe?
BrissyRoo
BrissyRoo
Hacker

Id love some news on Flamini tomorrow.

As for the kits...
Bournemouths 3rd kit is nice, as is Everton's.
West Hams H&A are both clean and nice.
Maybe a combination of these in Orange/Black/Blues/Maroons (anything but white unless it's a straight rip off of Fulham's home Adidas kit) 😊

BrissyRoo
BrissyRoo
Hacker

Any word Waz?
Negotiations are really dragging out. I'm concerned well end up with a Eric situation where the player isn't fit because he's not been doing anything for months and we have visa issues meaning they're unavailable anyway.

Edited
6 Years Ago by BrissyRoo
Waz
Waz
Legend

@ BrissyRoo

No update I’m afraid. The last I heard the negotiations on the football side were completed and everything agreed. It was coming down to his personal factors such as his business interests and family.

He is apparently training with the Arsenal team at the moment so should arrive with a full preseason under his belt if he signs.

Pedj is no fool though, if there’s a deal to be done he’ll give it as long as possible to conclude but still have other targets - hopefully we don’t lose any one while we wait I guess.

The club did say that once the deal was off they would get it out there as soon as possible, so in the absence of that the deals on and they’re presumably waiting on Flamini himself and a decision.
Waz
Waz
Legend

TWO Assistant Coaches:

Experienced mentor Darren Davies has joined the BRFC coaching ranks for the upcoming season.

Davies has an impressive resume at the highest level, firstly working as a Head Coach at the Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS), taking charge of future Hyundai A-League players such as Brandon Borrello.

More recently, he’s worked as an Assistant Coach for Melbourne Victory and the Young Socceroos, and was invited by former Socceroos Head Coach Ange Postecoglou to serve as members of the Australian coaching staff during the 2017 Confederations Cup.

“I’m thoroughly enjoying being back. I’ve been away a little while but I loved my time at the QAS. We had a good bunch of players and a lot of those went on to play for the Roar and I’ve followed their careers," Davies said.

“I’ve always had a soft spot for Brisbane. Everybody has made me feel really welcome.

“First and foremost, the playing group have been phenomenal. There’s a real hunger to improve and learn and they have been excellent. It really gives you an appetite to come in and do right by them.”

Following six years at the Victory, under the guidance of Ange Postecoglou and Kevin Muscat, the Welshman is excited by the opportunity to work in the BRFC coaching set-up, led by Head Coach John Aloisi.

“I enjoyed myself at the Victory and I had some very good times there,” Davies continued.

Davies

“My loyalty is with Brisbane Roar and John [Aloisi] and I’ll be doing everything to make sure we beat them, both this weekend and throughout the season.

“When John rang me a few months ago and suggested I come onboard, my mind was instantly made up. I have enormous respect for both him & [Assistant Coach] Ross [Aloisi]. I knew the kind of culture that they had developed within the club and that I would fit straight in."

Davies is hoping his experience of elite coaching throughout both youth and senior ranks can assist the squad’s development throughout the 2018-19 season and beyond.

“It’s a really good learning experience to be in charge of young players and then watch them come through and develop. There’s a difference in the way you have to speak to and educate players when they’re wide-eyed 16-17 year olds and then years later when they’re established first-team players,” he continued.

“I think I bring a different voice and some different knowledge. I’m learning off the other coaches as well - it’s great to work under somebody new with new ideas and new structures and vice versa too. If we can combine all those ideas, philosophies and structures, it’ll hopefully be successful blend.”

Brisbane Roar will travel to Morwell, Victoria this Saturday, 1 September for a mouthwatering pre-season fixture against Melbourne Victory (KO 2:30pm) as preparations continue for season 2018/19.

BRFC Hyundai A-League 2018/19 Coaching Team

Head Coach - John Aloisi
Assistant Coach - Ross Aloisi
Assistant Coach - Darren Davies
Goalkeeping Coach - Jason Kearton
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro

I reckon that’s a good appointment.
Waz
Waz
Legend

I do too. The dynamic between John and Ross is good but I’ve always wondered whether either of them can say the hard stuff to each other ,..? This guy should be able too
Edited
6 Years Ago by Waz
lolitsbigmic
lolitsbigmic
World Class
World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)

We really needed an additional help on the coaching front. I have a big question mark with Ross.
Waz
Waz
Legend

Ive always advocated for a specialist defensive coach as that’s always been a bit of a weakness of ours. But anything that beefs upour coaching can’t be bad.

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

The defense has been shambolic at times.  Looking from the outside it would appear that defense was Ross' domain.  I hope for John's sake and the Roar's sake, the defense improves.  Maybe the new appointment is a step in this direction.
Waz
Waz
Legend

The one thing with good defence is it must be consistent otherwise it leaks goals, that’s Roars problem under Aloisi. Hopefully as you say aok this is a step in the right direction ...
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search