The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
jmmy - 4 Sep 2019 4:02 PM
Regarding the kit - the quick preview last week looked like a design element on a lot of their social media posts, most obvious in this post, but has been in the background of a heap. Also, it's pretty obviously Umbro's logo cut up, so looking at other 19/20 Umbro kits...

Orange and black version of the Hearts 19/20 kit - link here

Great detective work. That’s definitely the pattern and yes, as in previous seasons, we’re getting designs used previously - 
Stevie.J
Stevie.J
Fan
Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)

jmmy - 4 Sep 2019 4:02 PM
Regarding the kit - the quick preview last week looked like a design element on a lot of their social media posts, most obvious in this post, but has been in the background of a heap. Also, it's pretty obviously Umbro's logo cut up, so looking at other 19/20 Umbro kits...

Orange and black version of the Hearts 19/20 kit - link here

Fantastic work! I had a strong feeling that we were using the template on another team again. Anybody wanna try making a mock shirt by switching the colours? 

Even though we used to call ourselves Roarcelona, we're definitely not big enough of a club to have our own template. We might be able to have our own if we go with a smaller kit provider. 
jmmy
jmmy
Under 7s
Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)

The preview last week had more of a v-neck I think, but easier to muck around with Derby's away kit which is similar also. Swapped colours and added some rough logos:

Hopefully that image works, pretty new here... link if it doesnt.
Edited
5 Years Ago by jmmy
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

jmmy - 5 Sep 2019 3:21 PM
The preview last week had more of a v-neck I think, but easier to muck around with Derby's away kit which is similar also. Swapped colours and added some rough logos:

Looks really good. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

Also, saw a foreign language tweet with Chris Herd and Brisbane Roar linked. Can’t find it again and no idea what was actually being said lol. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

I shared it here as well:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2617961988269457&id=1361064053959263&fs=1&focus_composer=0

people are impressed lol. 
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Looks really good, great stuff.
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Waz - 5 Sep 2019 3:34 PM
Also, saw a foreign language tweet with Chris Herd and Brisbane Roar linked. Can’t find it again and no idea what was actually being said lol. 

Apparently he only plays in the cup games for his Thai club?
Waz
Waz
Legend

BRFC_92 - 5 Sep 2019 7:44 PM
Waz - 5 Sep 2019 3:34 PM

Apparently he only plays in the cup games for his Thai club?

Only the cup games? How does that work?? 
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Kit launch on Saturday with an intra-club match.  Captains Aldred and DWH

https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/captains-confirmed-kit-launch-clash

Should be a good day
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

aok - 12 Sep 2019 10:32 AM
Kit launch on Saturday with an intra-club match.  Captains Aldred and DWH

https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/captains-confirmed-kit-launch-clash

Should be a good day

I really hope that in their efforts to earn the orange and hold/gain a first choice spot we don't end up with players on stretchers.

I can imagine a pretty full-on game coming up...perhaps even more than any derby for intensity because they are so heavily committed to proving themselves and I think enthusiastic to have a major role in the season ahead.

Please play nice lads.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

BrissyRoo
BrissyRoo
Hacker
Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)Hacker (343 reputation)

Top 50 AL players on FIFA.
Roar have one on the list haha Young.

PIFA
PIFA
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

Waz - 5 Sep 2019 8:03 PM
BRFC_92 - 5 Sep 2019 7:44 PM

Only the cup games? How does that work?? 

When Buriram signed him, they signed him purely to play cup games so that their first-eleven imports could have a rest. In Thailand, the import rules for the league are:
3 - from anywhere
1 - Asian
3 - ASEAN [Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, etc.]

In the cups, there's a few less rules, one of them being that you can register imports that aren't involved in your league campaign. So in theory, 1 club could have 10 imports if they so desired.

At the end of the season, he left Buriram, as they didn't tell him he was for cup games only when they signed him. Signed in the Indian Super League, and now he's a free agent again.

Waz
Waz
Legend

BrissyRoo - 12 Sep 2019 1:28 PM
Top 50 AL players on FIFA.
Roar have one on the list haha Young.

Tommy Oar is 14th out of all HAL players. 

Enough said. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

4 new kits launched today. 

Orange. 
Grey. 
Maroon. 
Black. 

Can’t post pictures but they all look great imo. 
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Not behd, good kits
aok
aok
Pro

BRFC_92 - 14 Sep 2019 4:21 PM
Not behd, good kits

They look good. Received an email from the club that links to the store. The only funny thing about "Earn The Orange" is all I need to Earn the Orange is $109 😁. 

Hopefully it's a success for the club.
Waz
Waz
Legend

aok - 14 Sep 2019 4:25 PM
BRFC_92 - 14 Sep 2019 4:21 PM

They look good. Received an email from the club that links to the store. The only funny thing about "Earn The Orange" is all I need to Earn the Orange is $109 😁. 

Hopefully it's a success for the club.

Yup. Black one definitely for me 👏👏
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

“Special event kit”????

Grey kit is a bit weak. Think they should try black orange reverse one season for away kit

RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

So reds going to be the “state of origin” kit?

ARNIE= LEGEND

Waz
Waz
Legend

RedKat - 14 Sep 2019 6:10 PM
So reds going to be the “state of origin” kit?

We don’t have a state of Origin kit?? 
Waz
Waz
Legend

Loving the on-line salt from some other clubs supporters whinging why we need 4 kits 😂😂
JiMMM
JiMMM
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)

Waz - 14 Sep 2019 4:32 PM
aok - 14 Sep 2019 4:25 PM

Yup. Black one definitely for me 👏👏

It’s funny, I think that is our worst black kit in quite a while and the orange is a lot better. I’m going to go for the orange. 

Any my word on how the game has gone I haven’t seen any updates and couldn’t get to the launch.

Waz
Waz
Legend

JiMMM - 14 Sep 2019 6:16 PM

It’s funny, I think that is our worst black kit in quite a while and the orange is a lot better. I’m going to go for the orange. 

Any my word on how the game has gone I haven’t seen any updates and couldn’t get to the launch.

Didn’t get to the game, was flying back from a weeks work in Victoria. 

Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

Have ordered the black. Already have last season's home and away, and this seasons aren't different enough to warrant the purchase. 
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

JiMMM - 14 Sep 2019 6:16 PM

I reckon they should have had the ActronAir in Orange, not white, to match the trims, just like the orange one has black trim on the collar and sleeves, still looks a good kit, I'd put it somewhere it the middle. My personal favourite is the grey/black one. 

Edited
5 Years Ago by MrBrisbane
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

I think a good away kit would be similar to the current Juventus home kit, i.e., black and white halves shirt with white shorts. And replace the pink trim that Juve have with orange. I think this would look great.

Maybe next season?
Edited
5 Years Ago by Keeper66
miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Was at the game yesterday....both 1st team and ressies look reasonably solid. 3-1 win to firsts.
DWH scored for ressies and Inman and O'shea for firsts. Can't remember who got the third ..maybe O'Donovan .
As I say the team looked ok but still susceptible to a stuff up at the back.
Also they are playing a solid pressing game but seem a little toothless in attack.
We get the ball up there and pass around a lot with out shooting .
Maybe that was simply a training game thing but it seems to be in all their games.
Roy can score but looks like he needs another striker contributing. Inman and O'shea have been chipping in so I am not overly worried about us having a solid season but can't quite see us winning Championships as it stands .
We lack a serious "dangerman" up front . 
That player who wins you games when they count .

Waz
Waz
Legend

miron mercedes - 15 Sep 2019 7:28 AM
Was at the game yesterday....both 1st team and ressies look reasonably solid. 3-1 win to firsts.
DWH scored for ressies and Inman and O'shea for firsts. Can't remember who got the third ..maybe O'Donovan .
As I say the team looked ok but still susceptible to a stuff up at the back.
Also they are playing a solid pressing game but seem a little toothless in attack.
We get the ball up there and pass around a lot with out shooting .
Maybe that was simply a training game thing but it seems to be in all their games.
Roy can score but looks like he needs another striker contributing. Inman and O'shea have been chipping in so I am not overly worried about us having a solid season but can't quite see us winning Championships as it stands .
We lack a serious "dangerman" up front . 
That player who wins you games when they count .

Miron - any sign of Holloway yesterday? 
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro

Getting keen for Roar now. Lions and Broncos (most likely today) knocked out of finals. Only a little while left.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search