The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
wasnt expecting alot for the first game back and so wasnt disappointed

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

notarobot
notarobot
Rising Star
Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)

I thought that Ridenton went alright in this game , Kim looked a little bit starstruck tbh but will improve 
Brown , well done brown things (where is the young one)
Hingeart decent
O’Shea is class 
DWH was busy 
all up not too bad all things considered 

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

notarobot - 19 Jul 2020 9:54 PM
I thought that Ridenton went alright in this game , Kim looked a little bit starstruck tbh but will improve 
Hingeart decent
O’Shea is class 
DWH was busy 

Was pleased to see DWH putting some clean body on his opponents in some challenges (one particularly in the second half) and winning the ball.

Kim slotted in pretty well. Added something to the game which is a good start.

Didn't like the rough side of Ridenton - a few cheap shots came in that I hope does not continue.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

roarland
roarland
Under 7s
Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)

Where's Akbari and how did Kim and Ridenton jump ahead of Mells? We looked ordinary. Gillesphy still looks shite and so does AAH. MM getting junk minutes at the end when he was the shining light before the break. 
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

Hingeart decent
O’Shea is class 
DWH was busy 

Pretty much looked like we resumed where we were before Covid.
AU were smart to throw on pace all over the park.But we handled it most of the time after the goal.Still scary at times being so exposed to pace though.
Up front we still had the slow build up and not quite enough to get a goal.I guess being a bit rusty means cutting edge in attack is blunt at the moment.
We moved and controlled the ball pretty well and had good structure and discipline.
We still need faster attack in transition to get those opportunities with defence back peddling.
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Reasonable effort for a mediocre side. Glad we haven’t gone backwards but still lack that effective player or two or three that can improvise, look outside the square, take on players and display skills to unlock defences. Cross after cross is not the answer for finals inspiration.

In a resort somewhere

Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

I felt we performed better than expected against a reasonably packed Adelaide defense. Given they scored first and could just sit back and counter with pace, I wasn't expecting us to force any saves, but Izzo had a good night and spoilt it for us. 
I have concerns around MacDonald and DWH playing together, as they are both bloody short and offer no aerial threat in the box.
Also have concerns around our lack of pace at the back against teams like Adelaide. We handled it okay, but we were vulnerable (e.g. Mileusnic hitting the post, Adelaide almost having a 2 v 1 with Young if it weren't for Mileusnic's crappy touch). 

miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

...no one is asking the important question...where has Corey's bald spot gone ?

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

miron mercedes - 20 Jul 2020 9:19 AM
...no one is asking the important question...where has Corey's bald spot gone ?

Are we talking about his metaphorical bald spot behind him when he pushes on and doesn't work hard enough to get back?

Hard work, effort and commitment has seen the end of that :)

sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur
Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 19 Jul 2020 9:41 PM
To be completely honest, I had forgotten that we had a problem conceding goals in the first 15 minutes.

I have slipped out of the habit of fearing for the first 25 minutes of every game.

It was a fantastic cross that beat us, and a player running with intent into space - but still conceding early.

We showed enough tonight to know that we have more and better things ahead, but how we missed a dominant striker this game.

it was a good cross but it is the same problem that we had at the start of the season where CB's are getting drawn out wide into no mans land. gillesphie was out almost within touching distance of brown (in no mans land) leaving huge amounts of space in the centre (and our other defenders manned up one on one). if gillesphie is in the correct position centrally, alldred is further back and gets a head on the ball (and the space is much more congested meaning the ball in has to be much better in the first place to be dangerous). 

it is disappointing that we have returned to the mistakes that were eliminated by the time the season was halted, personally i think we have gone a long way backwards.

personally i was not impressed with ridenton it looked like the players around him had no confidence in him and were actively trying to not pass him the ball (may have been because he was always offering in the wrong spot). i liked Kim, i think he has potential to be a very tidy player but wondering where akbari was. SMac and Inman were no where near where they left off and i thought hingert was wasteful going forward. to me we have gone backwards.
Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

Moon has to get some real pace into this team. Pace ain't everything for sure but it's a necessary piece of the puzzle. 
I'm happy enough with how the game went but we need pace up front somewhere. 
A speed demon can unbalance defences and that may give SM, Mira and DWH just that little bit more space at times. 
C'mon Moon let's look at getting some real pace from somewhere. 
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Jimo8 - 20 Jul 2020 11:41 AM
Moon has to get some real pace into this team. Pace ain't everything for sure but it's a necessary piece of the puzzle. 
I'm happy enough with how the game went but we need pace up front somewhere. 
A speed demon can unbalance defences and that may give SM, Mira and DWH just that little bit more space at times. 
C'mon Moon let's look at getting some real pace from somewhere. 

I was thinking the same thing. Overall, the play was good, but at times they looked a little static going forward.  Some genuine pace couldn't hurt.

And Corey's bald spot needs it's own instagram account
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

aok - 21 Jul 2020 10:44 AM
Jimo8 - 20 Jul 2020 11:41 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Overall, the play was good, but at times they looked a little static going forward.  Some genuine pace couldn't hurt.

And Corey's bald spot needs it's own instagram account

With Adelaide sitting back, we either needing someone quick who can quickly get in behind Adelaide's defense and get the ball to DWH and MacDonald, or someone like Amadi-Holloway who could provide an aerial threat, or hold up the ball and lay it off to another attacker. With the squad we had out there and the way Adelaide had set up, our attack felt pretty one dimensional. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Wheres Wazza ?

Love Football

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

The game against Victory next week is shaping up as the most critical game for us this season.

We finish with Nix and SFC and honestly we have not maintained our form enough to feel confident in taking a point out of either game.

35 pts Roar play MV WP SFC (W L L) 38 pts
34 pts Glory play AU WSW MV WU (W W W W) 46 pts
30 pts Adelaide play WP PG SFC MC (L L L L) 30 pts
27 pts Western United play MV NJ WSW (win those and they are a point ahead of us after 23 rounds) then PG SFC MC (W W W L L L) 36 pts
27 pts Jets play CCM WU WP (W L L) 30 pts
26 pts Wanderers play CCM WP PG WU MV (W L L L W) 32 pts
20 pts Victory play WU BR CCM PG WSW (L L W L L) 23 pts

If results go that way we end up 5th - lose against Victory and I think we score no more points for the season leaving us on 35 points.

We have no idea yet how WU WSW and MV are coming out of lockdown. We lose against Victory and/or the others come out firing or pick up extra wins and we end up sixth or out.

As always, the unbalanced number of games played makes it impossible to track how teams are really going throughout the season. But MV looks a must win for us. We can do that!

notarobot
notarobot
Rising Star
Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 23 Jul 2020 12:25 AM
The game against Victory next week is shaping up as the most critical game for us this season.

We finish with Nix and SFC and honestly we have not maintained our form enough to feel confident in taking a point out of either game.

35 pts Roar play MV WP SFC (W L L) 38 pts
34 pts Glory play AU WSW MV WU (W W W W) 46 pts
30 pts Adelaide play WP PG SFC MC (L L L L) 30 pts
27 pts Western United play MV NJ WSW (win those and they are a point ahead of us after 23 rounds) then PG SFC MC (W W W L L L) 36 pts
27 pts Jets play CCM WU WP (W L L) 30 pts
26 pts Wanderers play CCM WP PG WU MV (W L L L W) 32 pts
20 pts Victory play WU BR CCM PG WSW (L L W L L) 23 pts

If results go that way we end up 5th - lose against Victory and I think we score no more points for the season leaving us on 35 points.

We have no idea yet how WU WSW and MV are coming out of lockdown. We lose against Victory and/or the others come out firing or pick up extra wins and we end up sixth or out.

As always, the unbalanced number of games played makes it impossible to track how teams are really going throughout the season. But MV looks a must win for us. We can do that!

If we finish on 35 pts we won’t make the finals , Adelaide were not too bad the other night and the most impressive team so far , our bogey team the Jets could even figure . 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

And if you want proof of a rigged draw (aside from us playing SFC 3 times and all in Sydney) - look at the rest of the games in the regular season.

SFC only play teams lower than them on the table but all CCM's games are against teams higher in the table.

Rigged!

;)

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

LFC. - 21 Jul 2020 12:18 PM
Wheres Wazza ?

Working hard. I’ve gone from no work to all work ..... and when I’m not working I seem to be coaching U18’s and dealing with all their problems 🤪
Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

Moon said apart from the first 10 minutes we were ok, or something similar. Key point is the first 10 minutes. 
Without looking at  stats That has been a bit of an issue that I thort Fowler had sorted. 
So thats defensively something You'd be looking at if you were coach. 
It'll  be interesting to see how the first 10 minutes pan out in future games. 

Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

notarobot - 23 Jul 2020 9:46 AM
Roar in me Blood - 23 Jul 2020 12:25 AM

If we finish on 35 pts we won’t make the finals , Adelaide were not too bad the other night and the most impressive team so far , our bogey team the Jets could even figure . 

Adelaide wont lose the remainder of their games. Hopefully draw a couple which would make us reasonably safe with a win and not much else. Bad form to be going into the finals with all the same.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Jimo8 - 23 Jul 2020 11:48 AM
Moon said apart from the first 10 minutes we were ok, or something similar. Key point is the first 10 minutes. 
Without looking at  stats That has been a bit of an issue that I thort Fowler had sorted. 
So thats defensively something You'd be looking at if you were coach. 
It'll  be interesting to see how the first 10 minutes pan out in future games. 

Corey Brown does what Corey Brown does best, a moments lapse allowed the cross to go in and goal down. 

It’s inherent in his play, has been for years, and will always be what’s holding him back. It’s effectively laziness or maybe just his speed of thought is a bit slow. 

But the reason Roar lost that was Izzo. 

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

The most important recruitment in the off season for the Roar is to get a hold of Sydney's salary cap manager.  Should solve a lot of our issues.;)

Waz
Waz
Legend

aok - 23 Jul 2020 1:08 PM

The most important recruitment in the off season for the Roar is to get a hold of Sydney's salary cap manager.  Should solve a lot of our issues.;)

To be fair to Sydney we started it .... “back ended contracts” 
Larrygdwl
Larrygdwl
Under 7s
Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)

Hingeart decent
O’Shea is class 
DWH was busy 

I think Ridenton played well, he is solid and very skilful 
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Larrygdwl - 29 Jul 2020 7:11 AM

I think Ridenton played well, he is solid and very skilful 

Agree, liked what I saw from him. Thought Brisbane deserved the three points against Adelaide. Tonight will be interesting, they did look vulnerable on the counter. 
aok
aok
Pro

JonoMV - 29 Jul 2020 8:16 AM
Larrygdwl - 29 Jul 2020 7:11 AM

Agree, liked what I saw from him. Thought Brisbane deserved the three points against Adelaide. Tonight will be interesting, they did look vulnerable on the counter. 

It will give us a good idea if they can make a run through the finals.  Looking forward to the game.
Waz
Waz
Legend

Roar need a proper striker - could have scored 2 more tonight with a clinical finisher up top 
aok
aok
Pro

Waz - 29 Jul 2020 9:31 PM
Roar need a proper striker - could have scored 2 more tonight with a clinical finisher up top 

You're right! But there were some great moments of really slick passing and interplay. I think we can do well on the finals run. 

I was wrong about Ridenton.
Waz
Waz
Legend

aok - 29 Jul 2020 10:26 PM
Waz - 29 Jul 2020 9:31 PM

You're right! But there were some great moments of really slick passing and interplay. I think we can do well on the finals run. 

I was wrong about Ridenton.

Early days on Ridenton but looks a keeper on the first two games showing at least 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Updated to tonight's result:

38 pts Roar play WP SFC (L L) 38 pts
34 pts Glory play AU WSW MV WU (W W W W) 46 pts
31 pts Adelaide play PG SFC MC (L L L) 31 pts
30 pts Western United play NJ WSW PG SFC MC (W W L L L) 36 pts
28 pts Jets play WU WP (L L) 28 pts
27 pts Wanderers play WP PG WU MV (L L L W) 30 pts

Victory has joined Mariners on the finals bench.

I am calling us in the finals for sure.

Glory may not win all their games but are a fair chance to win 2 at least and overtake us.
Adelaide have to win 2 and get something out of their third to overtake us - not likely.
Western United have to pick up 3 wins in 5 games (or 2 wins and 2 draws) to overtake us - possible if they stay sharp and fit.
Jets can't catch us.
Wanderers have to win all 4 games - highly improbable.

Fifth place possible and maybe 50/50 we drop to sixth.

Can we pick up any points against the Nix and SFC? I think we might if we improve as much as we did between the two games so far.

It is so good to be the team with runs on the board (sorry cricket haters) instead of having must win catch up games for once.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search