The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
Bender Parma
Hacker
Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Jimo8 - 28 Feb 2021 12:46 PM
I know it's for only 5 goals but at least you making the keeper work.

Looking at that stats site, purely on statistics, he looks about as good or better than Berisha, Mclaren and others.  Where he does seem to excel all is in successful dribbles.  This is something which shouldnt be overlooked.  It is one of the most important aspects of all stats, because when a player does this, he sucks in other players and creates space for others.  If this Japanese striker (or Mebratu) do start to fire, the Roar defence has the potential to be the number one in the comp, imo.
Bender Parma
Bender Parma
Hacker
Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)Hacker (450 reputation)

Bender Parma - 28 Feb 2021 9:16 PM

Looking at that stats site, purely on statistics, he looks about as good or better than Berisha, Mclaren and others.  Where he does seem to excel all is in successful dribbles.  This is something which shouldnt be overlooked.  It is one of the most important aspects of all stats, because when a player does this, he sucks in other players and creates space for others.  If this Japanese striker (or Mebratu) do start to fire, the Roar defence has the potential to be the number one in the comp, imo.

I meant to also say, it is a shame he doesnt have a left foot.  If he works on this, he will be a very, very good Aleague level striker.  I think he is viewed too harshly by many on here. He is improving and has improvement in him. He is far better than Dagostino, who seems to be highly regarded by many.
Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

Bender Parma - 28 Feb 2021 9:19 PM
Bender Parma - 28 Feb 2021 9:16 PM

I meant to also say, it is a shame he doesnt have a left foot.  If he works on this, he will be a very, very good Aleague level striker.  I think he is viewed too harshly by many on here. He is improving and has improvement in him. He is far better than Dagostino, who seems to be highly regarded by many.

Interesting perspective and I agree with what you are saying. 
Yes id rather have DWH there instead of Dags.
Dags just never kicked on at Brisbane and I believe DWH had more improvement in him yet. 
Plus the guy gives 110% consistently and we gotta love that 

sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur
Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)

One thing Brisbane has been very good at in the past is taking young Australian strikers and giving them a platform to succeed. McLaren came here at 22 and set the league on fire then we repeated that with taggs who came at 23. When you compare dwh to those 2 it is clear that he does not have the same technical ability at the same age but he does have much more desire and fire then those 2. 

Besart is the prime example of how desire can win over technical ability in the aleague, he doesn't have a great touch or many tricks but he will fight for everything and knows where to be to score. I think dwh can be a mainstay aleague striker if he is played to his strengths but unfortunately like with bes that requires a class playmaker that we are missing (particularly when O'shae is played deep) McDonald may provide one opportunity a game but that is nowhere near enough. 

I've been saying it for a while but we age go back to 433 which gives us 2 forward playmaker instead of relying on hingert and brown to whip crosses or long balls from the back into 5 foot nothing dwh.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

sirhcdobo - 1 Mar 2021 9:09 AM
One thing Brisbane has been very good at in the past is taking young Australian strikers and giving them a platform to succeed. McLaren came here at 22 and set the league on fire then we repeated that with taggs who came at 23. When you compare dwh to those 2 it is clear that he does not have the same technical ability at the same age but he does have much more desire and fire then those 2. 

Besart is the prime example of how desire can win over technical ability in the aleague, he doesn't have a great touch or many tricks but he will fight for everything and knows where to be to score. I think dwh can be a mainstay aleague striker if he is played to his strengths but unfortunately like with bes that requires a class playmaker that we are missing (particularly when O'shae is played deep) McDonald may provide one opportunity a game but that is nowhere near enough. 

I've been saying it for a while but we age go back to 433 which gives us 2 forward playmaker instead of relying on hingert and brown to whip crosses or long balls from the back into 5 foot nothing dwh.

I think Moons way of playing is very clearly set, and 4-3-3 is a nothing formation that’s had its day now. The 22-pass goal Roar scored is how Moon intends to play but he is going to need some new personnel. 

DWH has to prove he’s a finisher, ideally starting Saturday. At the moment he looks like defenders have studied his videos and worked him out, he needs to counter that. 

Bit goals aren’t just DWH’s responsibility - Scotty and O’Shea share that burden as well, and they’re not delivering either. (And of course Kudo) 

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

AnthonyC - 27 Feb 2021 11:49 AM
aok - 22 Feb 2021 5:57 PM

What about now? Hehehe

Sitting 3rd with a game in hand on the the team in second.  Since you seem to be so genuinely interested in Brisbane's fortunes, here's a link you can bookmark and check for yourself.  Or do you prefer to continue with your smarmy little comments?

https://www.a-league.com.au/ladder

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Hey lads I’m in Gold Coast and thinking about going to the match on Saturday. Is it hard to get to dolphin from Gold Coast? 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 1 Mar 2021 10:05 AM
Hey lads I’m in Gold Coast and thinking about going to the match on Saturday. Is it hard to get to dolphin from Gold Coast? 

No.

If you catch trains you can go into Roma Street/Central Station/Bowen Hills and change to the Kippa Ring train. Then use the shuttle buses from Kippa Ring station. If you have a car and want to use the trains Nerang Station has parking right at the station. It is about a 2 1/2 hour trip from Nerang to Kippa RIng - then however long it takes to get on a shuttle and go the few minutes to Dolphin.

If you have a car and are happy to drive, that is much simpler. Drive up the Pacific Motorway M1 (left lane onto the Airport/Gateway Motorway M1 exit, then continue on the M1 over the Gateway bridge (toll) and all the way to the Redcliffe Exit. Take the left fork off the 'Redcliffe Bridge'. You stay straight on that road through Kippa Ring until the roundabout at Klingner Road where you turn right onto the road that takes you to the stadium.

3 turns from Gold Coast to the stadium. About 1 1/2 hours.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

We can't afford to play O'Shea deep. He is our main creative input and chance maker. When he has Scotty Mac to rotate with and share the build up play he performs much better - and while Scotty Mac may not create many chances I think that is because other teams shut him down which frees up more space for O'Shea to work with.

I would be putting Jesse-Daley in as DM and move O'Shea further forward - and especially so with Scotty Mac out.

AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)

I know it's for only 5 goals but at least you making the keeper work.

It's not that he's scored 5 goals it's who he scored them against and who he hasn't scored against. He has plenty of aggression, lots of energy, workrate and he isn't a dumb footballer, but he isn't a quality 9s backside.
AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)

aok - 1 Mar 2021 9:52 AM
AnthonyC - 27 Feb 2021 11:49 AM

Sitting 3rd with a game in hand on the the team in second.  Since you seem to be so genuinely interested in Brisbane's fortunes, here's a link you can bookmark and check for yourself.  Or do you prefer to continue with your smarmy little comments?

https://www.a-league.com.au/ladder

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

AnthonyC - 1 Mar 2021 12:45 PM
aok - 1 Mar 2021 9:52 AM

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.

The only thing obscuring my view is the incessant garbage you post.  Out of your last 20 posts, 9 have been nonsensical shitposts about Brisbane or the Roar players.  Your obsession and hate for the Roar is unhealthy.  R U OK?
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

AnthonyC - 1 Mar 2021 12:40 PM

It's not that he's scored 5 goals it's who he scored them against and who he hasn't scored against. He has plenty of aggression, lots of energy, workrate and he isn't a dumb footballer, but he isn't a quality 9s backside.

AnthonyC - this is the first post I have seen of yours where you actually provide some sensible discussion - then you add the crap about a quality 9's backside.

We welcome posters from other teams on this thread, but only where they provide discussion. No need for the rubbish add-ons.

You can pay out on Roar in match threads, and any other thread you want, maybe even dig up the old Roar Circus thread(s) if you feel so strongly about it. But please respect our house when you post on this thread.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Waz - 1 Mar 2021 9:22 AM

I think Moons way of playing is very clearly set, and 4-3-3 is a nothing formation that’s had its day now. The 22-pass goal Roar scored is how Moon intends to play but he is going to need some new personnel. 

DWH has to prove he’s a finisher, ideally starting Saturday. At the moment he looks like defenders have studied his videos and worked him out, he needs to counter that. 

Bit goals aren’t just DWH’s responsibility - Scotty and O’Shea share that burden as well, and they’re not delivering either. (And of course Kudo) 

I shouldn't try and change the subject but the 4-3-3 is still fairly common formation especially with the big clubs in Europe, so thats a weird take sorry lol.
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

Its an amazingly tight ladder at the moment.
If Brisbane and WSW lose  their next game and PG,AU and WU win their next games(SFC will win also ny beating BR),then Brisbane and WSW will fall to 7th and 8th place respectively.
Then  consider that WSW play MC,who then play MV and they will also leapfrog Brisbane and WSW.
So Brisbane and WSW could be 8th and 9th in one week.
Crazy stuff and scary,because neither Brisbane nor WSW have easy games.SFC and MC respectively.Then WU away for both.
PG have heaps of games in hand and play CCM at home.
AU have NJ at home.
WU have WSW at home.
😬😬😬
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Jurgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola and a variety of other coaches say hi.

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Keeper66 - 1 Mar 2021 3:46 PM

Jurgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola and a variety of other coaches say hi.

Which A League teams do they coach? 
Waz
Waz
Legend

Barca4Life - 1 Mar 2021 2:33 PM

I shouldn't try and change the subject but the 4-3-3 is still fairly common formation especially with the big clubs in Europe, so thats a weird take sorry lol.

Thankfully we don’t play in Europe - although we do base our entire NC on the friggin formation. 

Waz
Waz
Legend

Just off topic for Roar but who in the AL plays 4-3-3 now? 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Waz - 1 Mar 2021 5:06 PM
Just off topic for Roar but who in the AL plays 4-3-3 now? 

Adelaide most of the time.
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Waz - 1 Mar 2021 5:02 PM
Keeper66 - 1 Mar 2021 3:46 PM

Which A League teams do they coach? 

:rolleyes:

Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

Jesus Waz I agree with you most of the time but that 4-3-3 comment that it is done and dusted is not true in my book at least,  or many others I'd dare to suggest. 

I still use it, but I do use 4231 and 4132 which are tweaks on 433. I also use 442 if necessary. However I will agree that in professional football and higher leagues a 3 man defence with 2 wing backs is becoming very common, but pro football is a small percentage of those who play. But I'm thinking that's what you were getting at. 

And I guess the Thing is at the the end of the day if the opposition is quicker, stronger and more skilful etc, probably doesn't matter what shape you play, you will mostly lose. 

Waz
Waz
Legend

Jimo8 - 2 Mar 2021 12:49 AM
Jesus Waz I agree with you most of the time but that 4-3-3 comment that it is done and dusted is not true in my book at least,  or many others I'd dare to suggest. 

I still use it, but I do use 4231 and 4132 which are tweaks on 433. I also use 442 if necessary. However I will agree that in professional football and higher leagues a 3 man defence with 2 wing backs is becoming very common, but pro football is a small percentage of those who play. But I'm thinking that's what you were getting at. 

And I guess the Thing is at the the end of the day if the opposition is quicker, stronger and more skilful etc, probably doesn't matter what shape you play, you will mostly lose. 

There’s nothing new in football and everything comes and goes, until it comes back again. That’s where we are with 4-3-3. 

Australia had an obsession with 4-3-3 and enshrined it in our NC and for a while it was the dominant set up in the professional league. 

Outside of the AL it never took hold the same way mind you, more than half of NPL clubs would play long ball football (and still do today) with much less tactical nuance 

Elsewhere in the world, 4-3-3 was the dominant formation (4-4-2 in the UK) but a move to 3 at the back pushed five players in to midfield and killed the advantage of the 4-3-3 as the front three and midfield three found themselves outnumbered and needing to committing more numbers forward thus becoming vulnerable to counter attacking football. 

4-3-3 became 3-5-2, or 3-2-3-2, or 4-1-4-1, or 4-2-3-1 all of which are popular with the likes of Klopp and Guardiola, who do not play 4-3-3 but instead have defined formations in and out of possession, and vs different opponents will set up how best to counter those opponents. Guardiola’s use of 3-2-3-2 is probably one of the most studied set ups in modern football 

Australia’s insisted use of 4-3-3 within the Academy system (its still “mandated” today) creates several predicaments:

The most noticeable one is the generic and interchangeable nature of those front 6 with only the central midfielder really getting a distinct role - the other 5 are interchangeable hence our current problem of producing generic forwards and not strikers/finishers. 

The second predicament is juniors playing consistently in and against 4-3-3 fail to develop tactical nous in playing in or against different systems. Watch what happens to an Academy side playing 4-3-3 when faced with a 4-4-2 deploying a low block - if the 4-3-3 opposition is quicker, stronger, more skilful, I would back the better organised 4-4-2 low block every time (I’ve done that successfully for several years now). 

football is a game of intelligence and counter-intelligence; the 4-3-3 (as deployed in Australia) is an exercise in intelligence with a well thought through deployment, a documented NC, a coach education system that reinforces it, and a religious-like fervour in mandating it’s deployment. All SAP programs are supposed to deploy 4-3-3. But it has failed to evolve, to move with the times ... the reasons we are developing our play this way is deeply rooted in Football beliefs of the 1990’s 

It is my belief the system was developed  to produce a squad of players capable of executing 4-3-3 at national team level with any failings in the system only being exposed within the (then) 8-10 “feeder clubs”. FFA happy, professional clubs less so. 

The trouble is when our best young players go overseas they fail and quickly end up back on our shores, and when our best clubs play international football they also fail. Both of those comments should sound familiar. 

The coaching cadre within Australia splits in to two prominent groups: young Australian coaches wedded to the theory of the NC where - above all else - possession matters and defence doesn’t have a priority; and a second group of immigrant coaches who bring international  experience to our shores but end up like square pegs in a round hole because the coaching system demands they conform to “the Australian Way of playing” (it’s even called that, and coaches observing football matches are instructed to do so through “FFA Glasses”, not use their own eyes). This is not healthy to say the least.   

So back to Roar which is where my comment started - this squad was built, assembled and has been training for nearly 2 years around a 3 at the back system, it’s effectively a 3-5-1-1 and - despite the negativity around Fowler - it took a foreign coach to get three at the back right (even if he couldn’t get his attack firing). 

To move Roar to 4-3-3 is to give in “to the system” and the prevailing group think around 4-3-3 - the squad is not built for it and it’s achieving success with a way more sophisticated 3-5-1-1 (and to be fair to Moon that fluctuates between 5-3-2 and 4-2-3-1
at times). 

So I standby my 4-3-3 comments.

Wait 10 years and it’ll likely be back in fashion, but right now it’s day is done in Australia ... just a shame our entire development system is structured that way (although I’ve noticed newly qualified A Coaches are being given more freedom to apply their system lately, so maybe change is occurring?). 

Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star

A detailed and informative post for sure Waz. 

The competent coach will look at his squad and decide what structure suits the players he has at his disposal.....and of course his own idea with how he wants to play. 

Bearing in mind who he is playing against on any particular day, and that may affect his team shape and structure on any particular day. 

Exception might be a pro squad where the coach can just go out and buy someone to suit.

Unfortunately for most of us who don't have that luxury we have the adjust with what we have. Actually not such a bad thing. 

Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star

Hoping Kudo is getting closer?

anyone know?
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

MelbCityGuy - did you end up booking tickets?

crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

I’m hoping Brisbane show some  winning form today,otherwise we are heading for a serious slide .
The only team not to win in the last four games  and still unable to beat the top teams.
After SFC we have WU and WP away.
Then WU at home.
CCM keep winning.Amazing.
☹️

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

crimsoncrusoe - 6 Mar 2021 10:25 AM
I’m hoping Brisbane show some  winning form today,otherwise we are heading for a serious slide .
The only team not to win in the last four games  and still unable to beat the top teams.
After SFC we have WU and WP away.
Then WU at home.
CCM keep winning.Amazing.
☹️

I don't feel like we are ready to click again yet. Unless MacDonald comes back this game or Kudo gets a decent amount of time (and does what we are hoping he will do) I can't see anything to trigger a change in how we are playing at the moment - dangerous but not controlling.

O'Shea has to play higher up the field. We need his attacking creativity creating the opportunities he does. We also need him to blaze over the bar early in the game so we know he is back where we want him to be.

I don't question our drive and spirit - especially at home against Sydney - but we need someone to provide control in the final third to turn our loose cannons into guided missiles.

Edit: I don't think we are sliding. We will probably lose places on the table, but we are not in a slump and we are certainly not playing badly. We are just not finding the net again which is a frequent problem with our team. Opportunities are there - CCM for one are converting theirs which makes all the difference.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Roar in me Blood
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Tbh I think that any side that has players as deeply flawed as Hingert and Brown starting in key positions is going to struggle to mount a challenge for titles. 
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class

charlied - 6 Mar 2021 10:51 AM
Tbh I think that any side that has players as deeply flawed as Hingert and Brown starting in key positions is going to struggle to mount a challenge for titles. 

Yet CCM seem to be doing fine with their players,like Clisby ,who were the same players who received a wooden spoon each?
CCM like Brisbane and even WSW got off to a flying start ,probably with some help from the early Covid chaos ,the draw and ACL ,which really impacted some teams.
As teams are finding their form with regular games,the quality players are also finding form and teams like PG,WU and MC are climbing the ladder.
CCM has been boosted by their three Visa players and have kept their momentum going ,while Brisbane and WSW have stalled and risk sliding unless they can find another gear.
A lot of young players have been given a chance this year with regular game time and at the start of the season they were flying.I get the feeling all have started to feel the pinch .Which is understandable as they are not used to the high intensity games week in week out.
AU were one of those teams that started to struggle  and its no surprise Goodwin has had an immediate impact.
Brisbane has DWH and some young midfielders and its clear DWH has started to fray with his workload.Which is the difference between hitting the post and scoring.
Brisbane really need Macca and Kudo to step up and make an impact otherwise,Brisbane are destined for a midtable finish as the teams with Visa quality pass us by.PG,MC,WU and SFC. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search