The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
Mrmcjewpants
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
ned7 wrote:
Mrmcjewpants wrote:
wow did anyone know howte busses or trains went on sunday for the phoenix game itd be interesing to see if they got their shit sorted oh and btw when the game kicked off there were still hundreds maybe more outside lineing up for tickets not good enough delay kick off

Yeah I bought our tickets online before we left home (3:30pm) and when I got there at 4:05pm, there were HUGE queue's at the Southern end. People won't bother coming if they have to queue. Obviously the arguement is there that people should be more organised, but it's not hard to pre-purchase them. As I said, I did it and printed them off half an hour before kick off ffs!!
yeah it wasnt a prob for me (membership) but still they arent going to bewinning over anyone by not delaying kick off even though they shouldve been more organised
tomw
tomw
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

ned7 wrote:
I reckon early games on Sat would do well - 5pm KO. You'd get the people who want to go out and make a night of it plus the people who want to bring the kiddies and get them home for a 7:30 bedtime...

Sunday arvo KO's might be good for the families, but it's shit for going out post-game for those of us who have to work at 6am on Monday... I guss at the end of the day, I will sacrifice a night out for a 20-30k crowd and it so happens that our best day is Sun arvos, then go for it...

Saturdays would be great for away fans. I would love to come up for a Brisbane game, but both our games there are Friday nights so it's not gonna happen. Still, Friday night at the pub is alright too.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

paulc wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
am i the only one that thought the pitch was crap. there are no other codes being played now so why is it we cant get a world class pitch. there was times when the ball just bobbled around and that does not suit our style.

they should be making a pitch to suit the roar not harm us.

New grass I believe. Should be perfect for our next match.

Actually, the whole pitch is being replaced in December, as per usual.

It is incredibly dry in Brisbane lately, I would say this pitch is just starting to show its age and the dry weather hasn't been helping.

It's due to be replaced after the eminem concert and will be perfect again by January.
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

There's no shortage of water in Brisbane so interesting that it's dry. I'm sure someone told me it has been replaced and looking at the western side with symetrical patterns of missing grass it appears something has gone on, but maybe not!

In a resort somewhere

RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

paulc wrote:
There's no shortage of water in Brisbane so interesting that it's dry. I'm sure someone told me it has been replaced and looking at the western side with symetrical patterns of missing grass it appears something has gone on, but maybe not!

Plenty of water in the dams yes, but it hasn't rained for a while now and the atmosphere is very dry. Everyone's lawn is browning off, all the parks and stuff. You pretty much need to be watering 2 or 3 times a day to keep anything green at the moment.

Wet season starts soon so the green around the place will soon come back. It's pretty typical queensland stuff really
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Couple of mates of mine show their Roar colours and Postecoglou T-Shirts 57sec mark.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/2165832274/The-passion-of-A-League-fans

Slowly the Roar is developing a fan base in Melbourne.

Edited by Arthur: 17/11/2011 11:40:51 PM
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Good lads. Well spoken and clearly love the game.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

On the Roar's facebook page at the moment they are asking for suggestions for a club song, it was prompted by someone suggesting this should be adopted:

[youtube]qnMXoyUqzkw[/youtube]

Thoughts? Suggestions? Should we have one?

Edited by RJL25: 18/11/2011 12:50:54 PM
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Someone mentioned YNWA. I really hope they don't choose it.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

Someone suggested We Can't Be Beaten by Rose Tattoo. I hope to fuck that we don't get that! That would be so overly wankerish...
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

RJL25 wrote:
Someone suggested We Can't Be Beaten by Rose Tattoo. I hope to fuck that we don't get that! That would be so overly wankerish...

Imagine if we go through the 09/10 campaign again :lol:
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

SlyGoat36 wrote:
RJL25 wrote:

Imagine if we go through the 09/10 campaign again :lol:

eventually, at some point, we will have a bad season, and that song will just be such an epic lol
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class

Maybe 'Yellow' from Coldplay. Just change yellow to orange :lol:
WaMackie
WaMackie
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
We dominated the Nix last week and couldn’t score to win. We take heart as we’re creating chances and are undefeated. We’ll be fine.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

The Roar have been training at Perry Park this week instead of Ballymore.

Does anyone know if this is just a one off thing because of something that is happening at Ballymore, or is this the start of a more permenant arrangement or even a trial arrangement given the article a few weeks back in the CM about the Roar wanting to move away from Ballymore?

I would have thought the Strikers wouldn't have liked the Roar moving in, given they still have 13 years left on their lease at Perry Park, and have alread told the Roar to GTFO once before.
Roon
Roon
Hacker
Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)

RJL25 wrote:
The Roar have been training at Perry Park this week instead of Ballymore.

Does anyone know if this is just a one off thing because of something that is happening at Ballymore, or is this the start of a more permenant arrangement or even a trial arrangement given the article a few weeks back in the CM about the Roar wanting to move away from Ballymore?

I would have thought the Strikers wouldn't have liked the Roar moving in, given they still have 13 years left on their lease at Perry Park, and have alread told the Roar to GTFO once before.

YMCA is the head lessee of Perry Park now. Strikers had to sign the remaining years of the lease over as a condition of the redevelopment . Strikers are now just sub-tenants. It'd be a great idea for them to have Brisbane train there until the Roar get their own place.
Chumba
Chumba
Under 7s
Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)Under 7s (16 reputation)

I imagine it would be purely because of the Reds having first dibs on Ballymore. Rather than train at 10-1030am in the heat, train somewhere else.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

ok brissy fans, whats going on?

What has caused our team to lose two in a row and do we need some signings and if so who and which positions?

scouse are you willing to now tell us who the epl player was.
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

RJL25 wrote:
On the Roar's facebook page at the moment they are asking for suggestions for a club song, it was prompted by someone suggesting this should be adopted:

[youtube]qnMXoyUqzkw[/youtube]

Thoughts? Suggestions? Should we have one?

Edited by RJL25: 18/11/2011 12:50:54 PM

Rebel Yell by Billy Idol with "more, more, more" replaced by "Roar, Roar, Roar"

"In the midnight hour, she cried more, more, more
With a rebel yell, she cried more, more, more
In the midnight hour babe, more, more, more
With a rebel yell, she cried more, more, more
More, more, more."

:)
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

You could edit up this song by Bon Jovi to make it relate to the Roar pretty well I would have thought

[youtube]bKp_8c7Kn0o[/youtube]
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

zimbos_05 wrote:
ok brissy fans, whats going on?

What has caused our team to lose two in a row and do we need some signings and if so who and which positions?

scouse are you willing to now tell us who the epl player was.

For a start I think people are getting carried away... CCM started off their season with 2 losses and a draw from their first 3 games! And they are doing just fine now!

But

Murdocca is not up to standard IMO, Adnan is the best defender at the club but isn't starting games, wtf is up with that? And Steffenuto is a great defender, but he isn't a strong wing back, and that is how he is being played. Also, IMO the experiment with Mitch being McKay's replacement has failed. Mitch is a good player, but he isn't a Matt McKay, and that is what we are missing.

So in summary:

* Murdocca to be a bench player only
* Adnan to be first choice alongside Smith at the back
* Bring in a new left wingback to replace Steff, who gets relegated to squadie
* Use the alleged marquee budget we have to sign a McKay replacement
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

Jurman hasnt done much wrong though so how do you just drop him for Adnan. Perhaps train Jurman for the left back role or Hingert, Hingert has impressed me.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

zimbos_05 wrote:
Jurman hasnt done much wrong though so how do you just drop him for Adnan. Perhaps train Jurman for the left back role or Hingert, Hingert has impressed me.

Jurman hasn't done anything wrong, but if Adnan is better, which he is, then he must play!

You must play your best 2 defenders, and that is Adnan and Smith (in that order) and the fact that Jurman hasn't technically done anything wrong is irrelevant
kruse_missile
kruse_missile
Fan
Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)

Adnan must start, he is better than Jurman by the looks of things so far.

I wonder if Issey has been a worthwhile acqusition yet, the jury is still out on him IMO.

Mitch Nichols only seem to perform well when Broich is there with him, either that or he shouldn't go on Olyroos duty again from a club perspective.

I'd like to see how Kofi will do if he starts and plays the full 90. Surely now is the time with both Broich and Henrique still out in the next game.

It is a terrible thought but we could end up with a four game losing streak by the end of this week.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

It does seem that Mitch looks to fail when the pressure is on him to be the leading playmaker.

Issey has shown to me he has the potential, he just needs to be more consistent.
Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

we have played 3 halves of bad football granted in a row, however preceding that we had a 36 game unbeaten streak. lets not get too concerned just yet.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

I'm holding out hope that these two games might prove to be a kick in the arse the team needs to realise they might be good in Australian football terms, but they are still no where near world standard, and there is still shitloads of room left for improvement before we go to Asia
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class

Jurman shouldn't start. Adnan was a beast against Perth and is clearly the better player.

Issey shouldn't be allowed to keep starting. He has only had two good games this year.

I'd like to see Visconte/Danning start above him. I feel he has had his chance and the two others should be giving more of a go.

Though it isnt doom and gloom just yet!
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

Visconte was very impressive I thought when he came on, needs more opportunity.

I still maintain that Issey needs a few weeks off to think about it.

Team I'd like against Wello

----------Theo----------

Steff--Adnan--Smith--Franjic

Mitch--Paaralu--Brattan

Danning--Berisha--Visconte

Disclaimer, if any of Broich, Henrique and Meyer are fit, my team changes

Edited by RJL25: 12/12/2011 10:05:15 PM
blakroz13
blakroz13
Rising Star
Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)

Our defenders have been pretty shoddy lately which has let sides score some 'easy' goals against us, they need to tighten up and for the life of me not sure why Adnan isnt starting more games - he looked shoddy in the first half against the jets but the game and a half (I think!!!) after that he was one of the best defenders...

Mass hasn't been bad - just not productive, Nichols has just been woeful the past few weeks (since he got back from the Socceroos/Olyroos actually)...

As mentioned above, hopefully these losses have brought them back down to earth and hopefully we start to see an improvement from the first whistle - not 15 minutes from full time...
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search