Official Wellington Phoenix Supporters Thread

Official Wellington Phoenix Supporters Thread

Author
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Quote:

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

One of the most endearing sights of last weekend's round was the appearance of Terry Serepisos in front of the ''Yellow Fever'' for the first time since he lost ownership of Wellington Phoenix. Not surprisingly, Serepisos said he was ''incredibly humbled'' when fans unfurled a ''Thanks Terry'' banner and paraded in their commemorative T-shirts. After saluting the fans, Serepisos went inside the Phoenix dressing room, invited by the players as they completed their final preparations for the game against Newcastle Jets. To say Serepisos remains popular is an understatement, despite the bankruptcy which saw him lose the licence. That ownership has transferred to a local consortium of seven investors, all of whom asked to walk out with Serepisos to acknowledge the fans. Serepisos said no thanks, this is my moment. It was set to be filmed as part of a special feature on Serepisos. The film crew applied successfully to access the ground. Four hours before kick-off, that access was revoked. Clearly relations between the old and new owners are unravelling. Watch this space.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/choice-of-song-strikes-a-chord-with-sky-blues-for-socceroos-game-20111020-1maa9.html#ixzz1bNQ2fvLV

RAM
RAM
Hacker
Hacker (431 reputation)Hacker (431 reputation)Hacker (431 reputation)Hacker (431 reputation)Hacker (431 reputation)Hacker (431 reputation)Hacker (431 reputation)Hacker (431 reputation)Hacker (431 reputation)Hacker (431 reputation)Hacker (431 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Joffa wrote:
Quote:

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

One of the most endearing sights of last weekend's round was the appearance of Terry Serepisos in front of the ''Yellow Fever'' for the first time since he lost ownership of Wellington Phoenix. Not surprisingly, Serepisos said he was ''incredibly humbled'' when fans unfurled a ''Thanks Terry'' banner and paraded in their commemorative T-shirts. After saluting the fans, Serepisos went inside the Phoenix dressing room, invited by the players as they completed their final preparations for the game against Newcastle Jets. To say Serepisos remains popular is an understatement, despite the bankruptcy which saw him lose the licence. That ownership has transferred to a local consortium of seven investors, all of whom asked to walk out with Serepisos to acknowledge the fans. Serepisos said no thanks, this is my moment. It was set to be filmed as part of a special feature on Serepisos. The film crew applied successfully to access the ground. Four hours before kick-off, that access was revoked. Clearly relations between the old and new owners are unravelling. Watch this space.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/choice-of-song-strikes-a-chord-with-sky-blues-for-socceroos-game-20111020-1maa9.html#ixzz1bNQ2fvLV

True to form =d>
MaRtY-BeE
MaRtY-BeE
Hacker
Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Thoughts??

-------------------------Warner---------------------------------------
Downey - Sigmund - Durante - Tsattalios/Lochhead-
------------------------ Muscat---------------------------------------
-----------------Ward------------Lochhead/Bertos-------------
------------------------Sanchez--------------------------------------
-------------------Smith-----------------------------------------------
------------------------Greenacre------------------------------------

Bench: Daniel, Bertos/Lochhead/Tsattalios, Lindsay/Griffiths, Imray

2ndBest
2ndBest
Fan
Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)

Joffa wrote:
Quote:

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Don't believe this. 5 of the 7 were in Auckland for the rugby.
2ndBest
2ndBest
Fan
Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)

Quote:
20 October 2011

YELLOW FEVER AND WELLINGTON PHOENIX JOINT MEDIA RELEASE

Fans' Phoenix scholarship offers unique opportunity

The successful partnership between fans and professionals that launched the career of Marco Rojas is set to continue under the new Wellington Phoenix owners Welnix, with the football club and the fan club announcing together today that the Retro Ricki Youth Scholarship will continue in season 2011/12.

2009 winner Marco Rojas, now a player for Melbourne Victory, is still grateful for the opportunity afforded to him by Yellow Fever fans: "It's certainly something that helped me. I was playing for Hamilton Wanderers at the Napier U19 tournament one minute, and then flying to Wellington for a trial the next. It opened the door for me for sure."

The scholarship provides one player with a week-long trial at the Wellington Phoenix, with all expenses paid for by Yellow Fever fans. "A lot of the Fever fans have played a bit, and we've even had a few international players like Andy Barron in the Fever Zone. So the fans often know about the young players who are out there," says Yellow Fever founder Mike Greene. "It's a chance for us to contribute in a bit of a different way. We think this is the only sort of thing like this in the world, so it's pretty unique."

Wellington Phoenix CEO Nathan Greenham says the Phoenix are excited about the potential the scholarship has. “There’s no doubt Yellow Fever’s Youth Scholarship has the potential to find exciting talent wherever it may be in New Zealand. We’re looking forward to seeing a worthy recipient again put forward this year”.

Fever scouts will be on the sidelines over Labour Weekend's U19 tournament in Napier, and will then look for future stars in this summer's ASB Premiership and National Youth League. Yellow Fever fans can also nominate players they know and rate via the fan club's website forums at www.yellowfever.co.nz.

Wellington Phoenix head coach Ricki Herbert and Fever scouts will discuss a shortlist before making an offer to one lucky youngster.

The scholarship winner's trial is likely to be in December of 2011.

KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

The Dom Post are going to be giving away coupon/voucher things for two free kids tickets with an adult ticket for the game against Melbourne =d> Going to be a good crowd there I reckon.
SC03
SC03
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Marty-Be, I reckon spot on but Lochhead is one of the first names on Ricki's team sheets, Tsattalios on the bench.
f1dave
f1dave
World Class
World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)

Sheesh. No mention of our great rivalry. I don't believe it.
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

How dare a rival post in our thread! Grrrr rivalry!
f1dave
f1dave
World Class
World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)

Biggest rivalry in world football.
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

Built purely on the fact that we're so far away from each other :P
f1dave
f1dave
World Class

Nonsense. We've always been at war with Eastasia. I mean, Wellington...
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I hate the wellys!

Cmon you think u can travel to western aus and win!?!?
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

Glory Recruit wrote:
I hate the wellys!

We did last season ;)
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

KiwiChick1 wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:
I hate the wellys!

We did last season ;)

NO.

The distance is to far@!

Edited by glory recruit: 21/10/2011 04:00:21 PM
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

Glory Recruit wrote:
KiwiChick1 wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:
I hate the wellys!

We did last season ;)

NO.

The distance is to far@!

Tim Brown disagrees :P
AndyToddsElbow
AndyToddsElbow
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

We dont like Tim Brown! Grrr! He is why we have a rivalry!
Everton FC
Everton FC
Rising Star
Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)

KiwiChick1 wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:
KiwiChick1 wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:
I hate the wellys!

We did last season ;)

NO.

The distance is to far@!

Tim Brown disagrees :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In other news

Fans' Phoenix Scholarship Offers Unique Opportunity

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/wellingtonphoenix/news-display/fans--phoenix-scholarship-offers-unique-opportunity/41904
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend

As already posted above :P ^
AJohn
AJohn
World Class
World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)

Grrr... Rivals. Perth scum. Go do.. Perthy stuff. WE HATE YOU NOW. Because you... have Smeltz? Yes let's go with that.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

I hate you the most Ajohn!
phoenix22
phoenix22
Amateur
Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)

fear us Perth dogs!!!
catbert
catbert
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Does either team get any away fans at each other games ever?
f1dave
f1dave
World Class

catbert wrote:

Yes. There is a small group of Perth fans who do a Kiwi away trip every year.

As for the other way, well away fans period are a rare occurance at nib, let alone Kiwi ones.

Edited by f1dave: 21/10/2011 10:34:15 PM
AJohn
AJohn
World Class
World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)

Glory Recruit wrote:

Don't play your Perthy tactics on me Glory Recruit! I KNOW YOUR GAME YOU SCUMMY PURPLE GUYS!!
blacklotus
blacklotus
Hacker
Hacker (333 reputation)Hacker (333 reputation)Hacker (333 reputation)Hacker (333 reputation)Hacker (333 reputation)Hacker (333 reputation)Hacker (333 reputation)Hacker (333 reputation)Hacker (333 reputation)Hacker (333 reputation)Hacker (333 reputation)

f1dave wrote:
catbert wrote:

Yes. There is a small group of Perth fans who do a Kiwi away trip every year.

As for the other way, well away fans period are a rare occurance at nib, let alone Kiwi ones.

Edited by f1dave: 21/10/2011 10:34:15 PM

yeah, there is at least 10 of us making the trip out in December this year.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

AJohn wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:

Don't play your Perthy tactics on me Glory Recruit! I KNOW YOUR GAME YOU SCUMMY PURPLE GUYS!!

You windy wellys think your so good BUT YOUR NOT AJOHN YOUR NOT.

THE GAME IS ON AT 9:30 JUST TO PISS U YELLOW DUCKS OFF.

Edited by glory recruit: 22/10/2011 01:50:25 AM

Edited by glory recruit: 22/10/2011 01:51:37 AM
AJohn
AJohn
World Class

Glory Recruit wrote:
AJohn wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:

You windy wellys think your so good BUT YOUR.

THE GAME IS ON AT 9:30 FOR USE HAHAHAAHA.GL

Edited by glory recruit: 22/10/2011 01:50:25 AM

WHY DO YOU PERTH FANS INSIST ON MAKING US LOSE THE GAME D<

Why don't you get your goalkeeper to pat the ball into your own goal again?!

Will serve you right for knicking our goalkeeper you Glory... person. WE'RE RIVALS!!!

Edited by AJohn: 22/10/2011 01:53:58 AM
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

OH thats it AJoHN ITS SO ON WTH IS YELLOW FEVER.

SOME MOSQUITO VIRUS IS THAT WHAT USE ARE?!?!

WELLY RATS

SCREW THE MELBOURNE DERBY THIS IS IT.

OUR WHOLE STATE IS BIGGER THEN YOUR WHOLE ISLAND.

Edited by glory recruit: 22/10/2011 01:56:46 AM
AJohn
AJohn
World Class

Glory Recruit wrote:
OH thats it AJoHN ITS SO ON WTH IS YELLOW FEVER.

SOME MOSQUITO VIRUS IS THAT WHAT USE ARE?!?!

WELLY RATS

SCREW THE MELBOURNE DERBY THIS IS IT.

OUR WHOLE STATE IS BIGGER THEN YOUR WHOLE ISLAND.

Edited by glory recruit: 22/10/2011 01:56:46 AM

OH IT'S ON. IT'S ON LIKE OUR PENALTY SHOOT-OUT WIN TWO SEASONS AGO.

LEAST WE DON'T PARADE AROUND IN PURPLE! =O!

THE MELBOURNE DERBY CAN'T HOLD A CANDLE TO OUR INTENSE RIVALRY. FUCK SYDNEY VS. VICTORY ISN'T AS INTENSE AS GLORY VS. THE NIX D<

AT LEAST OUR ISLAND ISN'T COMPENSATING FOR SOMETHING!!
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search