The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

Author
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Up to the last few episodes of The Walking Dead Season 2...Wondering what to do with my life afterwards.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

avy1990 wrote:
Up to the last few episodes of The Walking Dead Season 2...Wondering what to do with my life afterwards.

I'm considering starting again at S1 over the next few days now that I have a month off uni, I'm pretty sure S3 comes out in October/November
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Fredsta wrote:
avy1990 wrote:

I'm considering starting again at S1 over the next few days now that I have a month off uni, I'm pretty sure S3 comes out in October/November

Not too bad of an idea tbh. Although I still need to watch Breaking Bad season 4 so might buy that.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

avy1990 wrote:
Fredsta wrote:
avy1990 wrote:

Not too bad of an idea tbh. Although I still need to watch Breaking Bad season 4 so might buy that.

:lol: I went through Breaking Bad Season 4 again last week, well worth it
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

A mate just showed me this clip from the new HBO show 'The Newsroom' created by Aaron Sorkin (A Few Good Men, West Wing, Social Network), looks interesting.

[youtube]YI7Oq8y-jXA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Anyone watch Community? I saw the paintball episode yesterday. Kinda funny and random, worth watching?
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

martyB wrote:
Anyone watch Community? I saw the paintball episode yesterday. Kinda funny and random, worth watching?

Yet it definitely is, the first couple of episodes are a bit so-so while the show finds its feet but for me it just keeps getting better and better, its quirky and very smart and the pop culture references are brilliant. If you've got some time to kill I'd recommend getting into it, you'll probably fly through it.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

martyB wrote:

Fantastic show. Fredsta described it pretty well. Like all sitcoms, need to stick with it, but highly rewarding.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Fredsta wrote:
A mate just showed me this clip from the new HBO show 'The Newsroom' created by Aaron Sorkin (A Few Good Men, West Wing, Social Network), looks interesting.

[youtube]YI7Oq8y-jXA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Was just about to download the pilot. Wasn't going to at first, but it's got a whole lot of negative talk around it that is apparently unwarranted and unfair so thought I'd give it a look.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

Been filling in my time with Season 4 of Criminal Minds. How have I not been into this show earlier.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

So I finally got my tv antenna reconnected for the Euro final...tbh, I feel stupider already.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

RedKat wrote:
Streamed the first 4 episodes of 'Suits.' Great show so far. Anyone else watch it?

Going to start watching it as I saw an ad for it during a new show I picked up called Common Law off USA Network (funny buddy cop show, worth a watch).

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

SpawningSalmon
SpawningSalmon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Benchwarmer wrote:
I'm into Bored to Death, It's Always sunny in Philadephia and An American Horror Story at the moment.

Just finished Season 7, very much looking forward to Season 8 later this year.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

SpawningSalmon wrote:
Benchwarmer wrote:
I'm into Bored to Death, It's Always sunny in Philadephia and An American Horror Story at the moment.

I've only seen the first four seasons but I love it, that and Archer are the funniest shows on TV at the moment imo
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

Fredsta wrote:
SpawningSalmon wrote:
Benchwarmer wrote:

I've only seen the first four seasons but I love it, that and Archer are the funniest shows on TV at the moment imo

Only seen the first 3 season of Philly. Been meaning to watch the rest but I keep forgetting.

Poor form on channel 9 on advertising the voice US as live even though it was won a couple of months ago. On another note what the hell is channel 9 thinking about house fathers.
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

The race is currently on SBS. 1988 Johnson and Lewis should be a good watch.
ozboy
ozboy
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
The race is currently on SBS. 1988 Johnson and Lewis should be a good watch.

The bit that pissed me off was the biotechnician dude at the end - "...I went back to check the samples from the 1984 Olympics and there were so many that would have tested positive for banned substances under current testing criteria that I decided not to go ahead & release the results..." (or words to that effect).
martyB
martyB
Legend

Anyone watch The Firm? I'm up to episode 14 and its shaping up to be as thrilling as the book.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Just finished Season 2 of Breaking Bad. Absolutely fantastic, so much drama! That ending is pretty surreal, how it all connects. Those intro's with the crime scene and the teddy bear were frustrating the fuck out of me. [spoiler]I thought it might have had something to do with Walt himself, and the new baby. The intro where they zoom out and show the shattered windscreen of his car, I thought he might have gotten into some bad shit with other dealers and they had basically blown up his house.

Never expected that ending, though. It wasn't untill the last episode when it revealed that Jesse's girlfriends dad was an air traffic controller, did some of the pieces come together. [/spoiler]

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

avy1990
avy1990
Legend

Heineken wrote:
Just finished Season 2 of Breaking Bad. Absolutely fantastic, so much drama! That ending is pretty surreal, how it all connects. Those intro's with the crime scene and the teddy bear were frustrating the fuck out of me. [spoiler]I thought it might have had something to do with Walt himself, and the new baby. The intro where they zoom out and show the shattered windscreen of his car, I thought he might have gotten into some bad shit with other dealers and they had basically blown up his house.

Never expected that ending, though. It wasn't untill the last episode when it revealed that Jesse's girlfriends dad was an air traffic controller, did some of the pieces come together. [/spoiler]

The ending is awesome. [spoiler]The teddy was tripping me out as well, but yeah, once he was exposed as a traffic controller it made sense. Wait till you see season 3, the cousins are awesome. Thats not a spoiler, just some characters lol.[/spoiler]
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

avy1990 wrote:
Heineken wrote:

The ending is awesome. [spoiler]The teddy was tripping me out as well, but yeah, once he was exposed as a traffic controller it made sense. Wait till you see season 3, the cousins are awesome. Thats not a spoiler, just some characters lol.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]It was tripping me because like I said, given events throughout the series I thought he had run afoul of some dodgy drug dealers. But it kinda made perfect sense in the end. Jesse's girlfriends dad I suppose had mental breakdown at work given his daughters death. But fuck me, what a way to do it, by purposely having 2 planes crash into each other - and co-incidentally right over Walt's house! (I assume it was co-incidental, or did I miss something).

Note to self, if I ever become a air traffic controller, don't have a mental breakdown at work. You'd probably go down for life in RL if you did that

Favouruite episode of the series was the one were Jesse hunts down the crack addicts that robbed Skinny Pete. It was very confronting and disturbing, especially with that innocent kid caught up in the middle of that mess. The sad and even more disturbing reality of the episode is that there are kids living in conditions like that, with parents just like that, living in absolute squalor. [/spoiler]

I've bought season 2-4 on DVD - so I've got plenty of time to watch em.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

martyB
martyB
Legend

Breaking Bad is a good way to waste a day because you can't help but watch the next episode. I'd recommend watching no more than one disc at a time. :lol:

JB HiFi has buy 2 get 1 free DVD sale at the moment. Dexter Seasons 1, 2 & 3 are in order methinks.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

Fuck all this talk of Breaking Bad has me excited, I've got season 5 epsiode 4 sitting on my desktop and ready to go but I have a bit of work to do before I can get stuck in, it's easily my favourite show ever.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

martyB wrote:
Breaking Bad is a good way to waste a day because you can't help but watch the next episode. I'd recommend watching no more than one disc at a time. :lol:

JB HiFi has buy 2 get 1 free DVD sale at the moment. Dexter Seasons 1, 2 & 3 are in order methinks.

And to think I was deciding whether or not to go into JB tomorrow haha, decision made.
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

From Dan Hamon's Blog. Fan Art, not actual poster for the up and coming Season 4 Episode where the cast go to an Inspector Spacetime convention.
pv4
pv4
Legend

Group: Moderators
rocknerd wrote:

From Dan Hamon's Blog. Fan Art, not actual poster for the up and coming Season 4 Episode where the cast go to an Inspector Spacetime convention.

top find, constable reggie.

BLORGONS!
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

The question isn't where? but When!
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
avy1990 wrote:
Heineken wrote:

[spoiler]It was tripping me because like I said, given events throughout the series I thought he had run afoul of some dodgy drug dealers. But it kinda made perfect sense in the end. Jesse's girlfriends dad I suppose had mental breakdown at work given his daughters death. But fuck me, what a way to do it, by purposely having 2 planes crash into each other - and co-incidentally right over Walt's house! (I assume it was co-incidental, or did I miss something).

Note to self, if I ever become a air traffic controller, don't have a mental breakdown at work. You'd probably go down for life in RL if you did that

Favouruite episode of the series was the one were Jesse hunts down the crack addicts that robbed Skinny Pete. It was very confronting and disturbing, especially with that innocent kid caught up in the middle of that mess. The sad and even more disturbing reality of the episode is that there are kids living in conditions like that, with parents just like that, living in absolute squalor. [/spoiler]

I've bought season 2-4 on DVD - so I've got plenty of time to watch em.

[spoiler]I don't have anything to add, I just wanted to join in with the spoiler text.[/spoiler]

petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
I wish Micallef was back on the ABC :(

There's nothing on TV atm so I am going back to all three seasons of Frontline.

Awwwwwwwwwwww yeaahhhhhhhhhhhh

-PB

Frontline was one of the best Australian comedies ever.

(re) watched a few old episodes recently - they still hold up as well today as they did when the show was new.

martyB
martyB
Legend

Started watching The Good Wife. Was on TV the other day and CBFd getting up to get the remote. Wasn't what I always assumed it to be. It's actually pretty much in-line with my like of John Grisham novels.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search