The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

Author
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Resort. Best new show out there.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

petszk wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
I wish Micallef was back on the ABC :(

There's nothing on TV atm so I am going back to all three seasons of Frontline.

Awwwwwwwwwwww yeaahhhhhhhhhhhh

-PB

Frontline was one of the best Australian comedies ever.

(re) watched a few old episodes recently - they still hold up as well today as they did when the show was new.

Yup ahah so much of the satire and so forth is easily applicable today.

Also, for those wanting a good show, try out Newsroom, season finale was 3 weeks or so ago so the whole of the first season should be up now, I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Also, motherfucking Strike Back. Don't watch that shit on FTA, get it direct from Sky/Cinemax, 1000000000000000000x better.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Finished season 1 of Game of Thrones last night. Keen to get into season 2.
blakroz13
blakroz13
Rising Star
Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)

New season of Sons of Anarchy is looking pretty good - albeit with some pretty violent and distrubing scenes...

Revolution is a bit meh at the moment - hopefully that picks up (not really expecting it to though)...

A bit p!ssed that Breaking Bad is taking a break mid season, I hate these mid season breaks, at least Dexter has started again and that is looking pretty good too - will be interesting to see how it all unfolds...
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Benjo wrote:
Finished season 1 of Game of Thrones last night. Keen to get into season 2.

S02E08 is the shit, you will love it.

Also; Homeland season 2 has started back up, get amongst it!

-PB

Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Anyone finished Breaking Bad season five yet?
brilliant season but it's a prick of an ending, I finished it a few weeks ago and already I'm craving part two.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

blakroz13 wrote:

Revolution is a bit meh at the moment - hopefully that picks up (not really expecting it to though)...

Only thing that is keeping me watching Revolution at the moment is Billy Burke.
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
blakroz13 wrote:

Only thing that is keeping me watching Revolution at the moment is Billy Burke.

yeah, i'm pretty disappointed in it, too many plot holes and bad acting.

now 666 Park avenue on the otherhand! that premiered on Monday evening and was fantastic! the only critisism I have is that some of the editing to make ot a non cable show detracts from the story. no nudity, graphic violence that we see in American horror story. i don't mind it being edited, it just needs to be done better.

Also finally watched the first ep of Boardwalk empires and that was fantastic also.
blakroz13
blakroz13
Rising Star
Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)

Fredsta wrote:
Anyone finished Breaking Bad season five yet?
brilliant season but it's a prick of an ending, I finished it a few weeks ago and already I'm craving part two.

Yeah has been a good season to date... Interested in seeing how Walt gets himself out of this one :-k
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Season 5 is the first half of the last 16 eps, right?

[spoiler]I haven't given it much thought because it's too painful to think about the 12 month wait... but Hank has to get in on the conspiracy. He cannot bring to the DEA the identity of Heisenberg as benefit of the doubt would run against him as to whether he ever had any involvement, despite pushing the investigation when told to drop it.

Thoughts?[/spoiler]
blakroz13
blakroz13
Rising Star

martyB wrote:

[spoiler]I haven't given it much thought because it's too painful to think about the 12 month wait... but Hank has to get in on the conspiracy. He cannot bring to the DEA the identity of Heisenberg as benefit of the doubt would run against him as to whether he ever had any involvement, despite pushing the investigation when told to drop it.

Thoughts?[/spoiler]

Assumed they were just having an extended mid season break...

Interesting theory though, too many possible outcomes at this stage - I'm still trying to figure out where the very first scene from the first episode of this season comes into it [spoiler](the one where he has that massive gun in the boot of the car)[/spoiler]...
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Just watched Gruen Planet and after it was an ad about Shaun Micalef on ABC, when did this happen?!

/beenunderarock

-PB

Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Just watched Gruen Planet and after it was an ad about Shaun Micalef on ABC, when did this happen?!

/beenunderarock

-PB

Maybe 3 months, it's been quite a while.
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Just finished watching the first season of Breaking Bad. Wow.
martyB
martyB
Legend

KiwiChick1 wrote:
Indeed. Now shutup and watch the rest. :P

Hopefully you haven't read the spoilers in this thread. It gets way better than season 1.

Edited by martyB: 10/10/2012 05:29:18 PM
martyB
martyB
Legend

Up to S01E06 of Homeland. Not bad. Damien Lewis is suited to this stoic role like in Band of Brothers.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

martyB wrote:

Thoughts?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]After the DEA's reaction to Hank finding out about Fring after he was right under their nose all along you'd have to think he too would be fired if he turned Walt in, I mean this is way bigger, family member, trusted confidant/advisor etc, getting fired would probably be best case too. The DEA might give him benefit of the doubt but there would always be suspicions plaguing him, wondering if he knew all along/for a while and helped him cover it up, not to mention the fact Hank involved him in cases and invited him into HQ on multiple occasions, the back fire on Hank would be huge, possibly even a criminal investigation into him. Plus Hank is a big family man and loves those kids, I can't see him tearing the family apart, letting Walt Jr know what sort of man his father was, not to mention Skyler would be brought down too with her involvement in it all, plus the family would have all their assets seized.

But at the same time I can't see him doing nothing, I think he'll either play dumb and innocently shift the blame from Walt if the need arises. Or he'll confront him and bully him into giving up the trade which Walt will clearly not respond too, in fact at this stage and with the depths Walt has sunk too I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Walt screwed Hank over or maybe even have him killed, but that is extreme.

I see this all ending with Jesse tbh, I don't know how we will get there but I think with Jesse's character transformation and personal growth under Walt -self belief, confidence etc and Mike's imparted distrust of Walt and "morals" he will be the key. I can see Walt sinking even lower into the scene, getting out of control and Jesse whether or not he finds out about Jane, Mike and the poisoning of Brock, killing Walt as the way to finally put a stop to everything and finally move forward with some sense of normalcy.

We do know the show will end with Walt's death, that much has been confirmed but I don't think it will be the cancer. I know this show isn't the sort of show to give a happy ending and Vince Gilligan has confirmed there won't be one, but I think Jesse will walk away fine when the curtain falls.[/spoiler]
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

martyB wrote:
Up to S01E06 of Homeland. Not bad. Damien Lewis is suited to this stoic role like in Band of Brothers.

You aint seen nothing yet :lol:

Just finished the latest ep of season 2 and am still amazed at how they are able to hit it out of the park every week. Anyone who says Claire Danes and Damian Lewis didn't deserve their emmys has clearly got a screw loose.
martyB
martyB
Legend

I've seen boobs. Plenty of boobs. Not Californication boobs, but boobs nonetheless. :P

Yeah was wondering where it was going... then shit made more sense when [spoiler]they reveal that Walker, not Brody, is the terrorist.[/spoiler]
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
martyB wrote:

You aint seen nothing yet :lol:

Just finished the latest ep of season 2 and am still amazed at how they are able to hit it out of the park every week. Anyone who says Claire Danes and Damian Lewis didn't deserve their emmys has clearly got a screw loose.

Admittedly I haven't seen that much of Homeland but how Bryan Cranston didn't win his fourth is just beyond me, Lewis is quality but Cranston is phenomenal.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

martyB wrote:
KiwiChick1 wrote:
Indeed. Now shutup and watch the rest. :P

Hopefully you haven't read the spoilers in this thread. It gets way better than season 1.

Edited by martyB: 10/10/2012 05:29:18 PM

Agreed. Still need to watch Season 4 though. Criminal Minds has been my go-to for a while. Just finished Season 6.
Krackovich
Krackovich
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

I'd never had the slightest bit of interest in any of the police procedural type shows but Law & Order SVU came on after something else last night and has got me hooked
martyB
martyB
Legend

Not enough boobs in latter episodes of Homeland. Danes is shitting me with her psycho act... so bad it's actually good. :lol: And I lost my shit when I realised Saul is Inigo Montoya!

The Walking Dead is pretty cool. The gore never gets old. Shits me though that characters are written such that they're completely naive towards zombies. Are there not televisions and cinemas in these fictional worlds?? Not once in the 14 episodes I've watched do they say the word "zombie".

Intro throws me off... I keep saying "Previously on AMC's Breaking Bad" then the dude says Walking Dead. :lol:
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

martyB wrote:
Intro throws me off... I keep saying "Previously on AMC's Breaking Bad" then the dude says Walking Dead. :lol:

:lol: :lol:
I'm fully up to date with season three and I still find my self doing that.

Sons of Anarchy season five has been a bit hit and miss so far but it looks like it's getting into the right direction now story wise. The juxtaposition with the direction thus far has been ridiculous imo, going from some of the darkest and most brutal moments in its history one minute to borderline soap opera quality moments with the whole Gemma and Tara direction the next minute.

Edited by fredsta: 10/11/2012 04:38:14 PM
martyB
martyB
Legend

Exam period > procrastination > new TV show > Suits > winning.
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

Started watching criminal minds from the beginning again. But it doesn't matter how many times you watch it season 5 episode 9 is always so sad.

Edited by Roar_Brisbane : 24/11/2012 01:54:59 AM
waggzzz2
waggzzz2
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Anyone here watch boardwalk empire??
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

waggzzz2 wrote:
Anyone here watch boardwalk empire??

Watched about 6 or 7 episodes of season 1 really need to catch up.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

martyB wrote:
Exam period > procrastination > new TV show > Suits > winning.

I had dozens of mates raving about Suits to me all year, finally caved about a month ago and went through it all in a week, so addictive.

The next season comes out in January I believe.

Edited by fredsta: 25/11/2012 04:02:46 PM
martyB
martyB
Legend

I watched both seasons over the weekend, addictive. Yeah returns mid-January I think I read.

[spoiler]I was very surprised to see David Costabile (Gabe from Breaking Bad) cast as Daniel Hardman. He doesn't seem to have a dominating presence on-screen, but then thought he did a solid job and portrayed that soft-yet-cunning mysterious 'changed man' well.

Rick Hoffman as Louis is brilliant. That scene in the men's room when Harvey confronts him after he grills Donna, literally jaw-dropping.[/spoiler]
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search