The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

Author
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Sep 2020 2:07 PM
NicCarBel - 26 Sep 2020 2:05 PM

I watched 1 episode on YouTube red when it first came out.  I should actually finish it lol

Both seasons are still on YouTube, but Netflix have signed on for Season 3 (and possibly 4), and now also stream Season 1 and 2 before 3 gets launched next year.
I'm going back this weekend and watching the original trilogy, because I've never seen the third, and the second one I have only seen once.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

NicCarBel - 26 Sep 2020 2:16 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Sep 2020 2:07 PM

Both seasons are still on YouTube, but Netflix have signed on for Season 3 (and possibly 4), and now also stream Season 1 and 2 before 3 gets launched next year.
I'm going back this weekend and watching the original trilogy, because I've never seen the third, and the second one I have only seen once.

Ah the next karate kid. It was oh so shit but got to perv on Hilary swank 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

My bad . That was the fourth one . Part 2 was ok iirc he ended up Japan 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Sep 2020 2:29 PM
My bad . That was the fourth one . Part 2 was ok iirc he ended up Japan 

Yeah, part 2 was the Japan one. The third one apparently is supposed to be the Cobra Kai sensei trying to get revenge at the next year's All-Valley tournament
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

The Boys season 2.  Holy shit.  Just finished ep 7.  One to go.

What a show.

Member since 2008.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Munrubenmuz - 14 Oct 2020 8:31 PM

What a show.

Big fan. 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

What a show.

Girls get it done.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Is ted lasso any good?
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 14 Oct 2020 11:18 PM

Girls get it done.

-PB

Great finale.  Loads of material to work with for season 3  Just shits me you have to wait so long in between seasons these days.

Member since 2008.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 22 Oct 2020 9:54 AM

Great finale.  Loads of material to work with for season 3  Just shits me you have to wait so long in between seasons these days.

All good, Mandalorian and The Expanse out in the next month.

-PB

Muz
Muz
Legend

paulbagzFC - 22 Oct 2020 10:15 AM

All good, Mandalorian and The Expanse out in the next month.

-PB

Found the last series (season 4) of the expanse ordinary actually.  Like what happened?  Holden and the rest of them get stuck on a planet and eventually get off.  End series.

Will have to have a look at the Mandalorian.  This looks promising.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonbase_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdha2OfhGzk

Member since 2008.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Everyday we edge closer to the mandalorian season 2, yeahhhh boyyyy
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 22 Oct 2020 10:51 AM
paulbagzFC - 22 Oct 2020 10:15 AM

Found the last series (season 4) of the expanse ordinary actually.  Like what happened?  Holden and the rest of them get stuck on a planet and eventually get off.  End series.

Will have to have a look at the Mandalorian.  This looks promising.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonbase_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdha2OfhGzk

Yeah think S4 will go back to the more political roots of the show.

-PB

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

8 eps per season is annoying too. Wish there were more. 

Great play with Stormfront and how they changed that up.
Muz
Muz
Legend

Watching a few of the old Sean Connery movies on telly at the moment because they're on every night.  Geez they're lame.  You watch them years ago and they were great.  Now they're shithouse.  The stunts, the people getting shot, the lame shiny costumes (particularly anything to do with an underground/island lair), the whole shebang.

I mean as implausible as the stories are for the Craig franchise (looking at you Skyfall and the chase through the train station) at least the stunts are awesome.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmoIDKqfY44

Not to excuse new franchises either.  I present the worst CGI in the history of movie making.  This.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w6FV8P7HXg

Tank scene in Moscow though.  Bitchin'.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB7ZWNlF8DY

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Muz
Muz
Legend

'No Activity'.  It's a Stan original and hilarious.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4651812/

They've made an American version that I'm told is as good as the Oz version but I haven't seen it yet.

Member since 2008.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Better call Saul is the best show I’ve seen bring on season 6!
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Couple of great football shows;

Heimebane (Home Ground)
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/home-ground
2 seasons, 10 episodes first season, 8 in the second season, each episode ~45 minutes.
Female coach takes charge of a newly promoted team in the Norwegian first division.
It's not *just* about a female being a coach, although this obviously is a factor at times.
Interesting to see the inner workings of the insides of a small club in a small town...

Ted Lasso
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Lasso
1 season, so far (10 episodes), each episode ~30 minutes.
Season 2 coming in July, season 3 has been greenlit.
Owner of a struggling Premier League owner hires a successful coach of a 2nd division amateur gridiron team as the new head coach..
Yes, you need to suspend your disbelief to get over this bit.

Starts off giving you the impression it's just a lightweight comedy about a yank who doesn't get football, but damn if you aren't cheering him and the team on by the end of the season.

Both well worth your time.

Edited
3 Years Ago by petszk
Muz
Muz
Legend

Nice bump Mr P. 

Ozark.

Awesome show.  If episode 1 doesn't get you going nothing will.

Member since 2008.

petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 23 Apr 2021 2:27 PM
Ozark.

Awesome show.  If episode 1 doesn't get you going nothing will.

Yeah, agree with that.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

petszk - 23 Apr 2021 2:08 PM
Couple of great football shows;

Heimebane (Home Ground)
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/home-ground
2 seasons, 10 episodes first season, 8 in the second season, each episode ~45 minutes.
Female coach takes charge of a newly promoted team in the Norwegian first division.
It's not *just* about a female being a coach, although this obviously is a factor at times.
Interesting to see the inner workings of the insides of a small club in a small town...

Ted Lasso
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Lasso
1 season, so far (10 episodes), each episode ~30 minutes.
Season 2 coming in July, season 3 has been greenlit.
Owner of a struggling Premier League owner hires a successful coach of a 2nd division amateur gridiron team as the new head coach..
Yes, you need to suspend your disbelief to get over this bit.

Starts off giving you the impression it's just a lightweight comedy about a yank who doesn't get football, but damn if you aren't cheering him and the team on by the end of the season.

Both well worth your time.

Check out club de cuervos on Netflix it’s a Mexican football comedy/drama 
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I was browsing what shows will be on paramount+ when it launches in AUS, saw a show called Anne Boleyn, Anne being played a black actress, can't help but feel that if a white actress portrayed a black queen there would be a uproar and accusations of white washing, thoughts?
Edited
3 Years Ago by Glory Recruit
Muz
Muz
Legend

Glory Recruit - 2 Jul 2021 4:19 PM
I was browsing what shows will be on paramount+ when it launches in AUS, saw a show called Anne Boleyn, Anne being played a black actress, can't help but feel that if a white actress portrayed n black queen there would be a uproar and accusations of white washing, thoughts?

Correct.

Member since 2008.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Just watched End Of The Storm on Stan the other day - been wanting to see or the book for ages, its a great review on breaking our 30yr drought, starts on the signing of Klopp, new players signings, player interviews through the season, the winning through to covid break and all, recommended YNWA :)

I'll checkout Ted Lasso thanks.

I'm also told to get in Animal Kingdom series, another to watch.

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

LFC. - 5 Jul 2021 1:06 PM
Just watched End Of The Storm on Stan the other day - been wanting to see or the book for ages, its a great review on breaking our 30yr drought, starts on the signing of Klopp, new players signings, player interviews through the season, the winning through to covid break and all, recommended YNWA :)

I'll checkout Ted Lasso thanks.

I'm also told to get in Animal Kingdom series, another to watch.

I found that documentary dragged on to much. I love klopp, the players even the father and son from Liverpool but I didn’t care for the other international fans they kept interviewing 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 14 Jul 2021 8:09 AM
LFC. - 5 Jul 2021 1:06 PM

I found that documentary dragged on to much. I love klopp, the players even the father and son from Liverpool but I didn’t care for the other international fans they kept interviewing 

bit of variety I suppose MCG, I actually didn't mind seeing what other supporters go through from elsewhere.
Probably could have made some better fan choices for the doco, would have made it better considering your pov and thats cool.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

do you guys see any real diff with Netflix and Stan ?
Having just joined Stan few weeks ago I find it pretty much the same.
I expect Paramount won't much different as well.

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

LFC. - 14 Jul 2021 10:02 AM
do you guys see any real diff with Netflix and Stan ?
Having just joined Stan few weeks ago I find it pretty much the same.
I expect Paramount won't much different as well.

Stan is more Australian shows so good to support the locals 👍 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Melbcityguy - 14 Jul 2021 12:54 PM
LFC. - 14 Jul 2021 10:02 AM

Stan is more Australian shows so good to support the locals 👍 

I'll support our decent movies and have and will but those 7pm ones and the reality shows on FTA are puke puke puke mate.
I'll never watch them but Thanks now I know, think I'll pass once my free subscription is due.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Anyone watching Ted lasso ?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search