The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Melbcityguy - 1 Sep 2021 9:48 PM
Anyone watching Ted lasso ?

Yup, I am and find it quite entertaining.... Must really grind the gears of soccer people in the US with all the digs at their lack of pro/rel and drawn games being exciting and all. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

I'm watching Ted Lasso. Started good but faded badly. Particularly at the end of season one. I know it's a TV show and as if he'd be coaching a Premier League side but to only realise that they could be relegated in the last week of the season was ridiculous.

And don't start me on that idiotic gridiron set move they pulled off.

So much potential wasted. They really need a writer with more respect for the game though the series is probably made for Americans and they are thick. 

Member since 2008.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

ok good I don't need to watch Lasso.....

Who got into Animal Kingdom - its not great but it did keep me glued watching it, the weekly drip feed is annoying for I want more.

Watched Undercover, corny in ways but rode through it to the end.

I was surprised flicking through another night there was a Stallone Last Blood or whatever it was called.
Man, how they've kept squeezing that lemon typical today I guess.
It was like watching Arnie's Last Stand movie in 2013.

Love Football

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

LFC. - 2 Sep 2021 4:06 PM

Who got into Animal Kingdom - its not great but it did keep me glued watching it, the weekly drip feed is annoying for I want more.

I was surprised flicking through another night there was a Stallone Last Blood or whatever it was called.

Speaking of Arnie. True Lies. What a movie. Back when action movies weren't full of CGI rubbish.

Showed the kids and they loved it.

When Arnie rides that horse through the hotel and into the elevator Arnie rides that horse through the hotel and into the elevator.

Member since 2008.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Munrubenmuz - 2 Sep 2021 7:42 PM

Speaking of Arnie. True Lies. What a movie. Back when action movies weren't full of CGI rubbish.

Showed the kids and they loved it.

When Arnie rides that horse through the hotel and into the elevator Arnie rides that horse through the hotel and into the elevator.

Arnold Schwarzenegger had a near-fatal accident on set during the horse riding scene, when his horse got startled and ran out of control. Schwarzenegger managed to slide off the horse, but did this near a 30-foot drop-off. His personal stunt man saw what happened and was able to grab him before he went over the ledge.

On the other hand, then 12 year old Eliza Dushku who played Arnie's daughter later alleged that she was molested by the stunt coordinator during production. 
Edited
3 Years Ago by paladisious
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

With all due respect one person has said not to watch Ted lasso but I’m pretty sure the general census is it’s a good show so maybe decide for yourself 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

ah very good point MCG, I'll look into it your right.

True Lies agreed was a good entertaining movie enjoyed it alot, Pala wish you didn't have to bring up a black point, we have enough of that happenning day to day.

Love Football

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

LFC. - 6 Sep 2021 9:27 AM
ah very good point MCG, I'll look into it your right.

True Lies agreed was a good entertaining movie enjoyed it alot, Pala wish you didn't have to bring up a black point, we have enough of that happenning day to day.

I half agree LFC, but we also shouldn't just close our eyes to this stuff, on the other hand. Down to context, I guess.

Great movie though.
Edited
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

New season of Casa de Papel/Money Heist out now on Netflix. It's been going downhill since the first two seasons a bit I reckon, but still worth a watch.

I still can't decide if the main girl Tokyo is a genius piece of writing as an unreliable narrator, constantly getting the rest of the gang into trouble thanks to her caprice, or the writers of the show actually see her as a cool badass who doesn't play by no rules and dual-wields pistols. Maybe they're even smarter and are leaving it deliberately ambiguous.
Edited
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

paladisious - 6 Sep 2021 11:48 AM

I half agree LFC, but we also shouldn't just close our eyes to this stuff, on the other hand. Down to context, I guess.

Great movie though.

yes I hear you and acknowledge the reply but time and place eh.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

paladisious - 6 Sep 2021 11:52 AM
New season of Casa de Papel/Money Heist out now on Netflix. It's been going downhill since the first two seasons a bit I reckon, but still worth a watch.

I still can't decide if the main girl Tokyo is a genius piece of writing as an unreliable narrator, constantly getting the rest of the gang into trouble thanks to her caprice, or the writers of the show actually see her as a cool badass who doesn't play by no rules and dual-wields pistols. Maybe they're even smarter and are leaving it deliberately ambiguous.

yes I was/am massively engaged with Money Heist, am watching these new episodes.
Brilliantly done (the early season) but like so many Series on Netflix or wherever like GOT they lose the plot sadly as time goes on.
Milk it like mad.
Animal Kingdom the same.
I suppose we just got to look at it as "entertainment" thats it.

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

paladisious - 6 Sep 2021 11:48 AM

Great movie though.

C'mon, the "Crimson Jihad" dude slapping Cassandra from Wayne's World and calling her a sharmutta? heheheheh Im suprised they broadcast that stuff on FTA anymore .........
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Clickbait anyone?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

is it any good ? haven't watched.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

LFC. - 13 Sep 2021 9:08 AM
is it any good ? haven't watched.

It’s ok 8 episode miniseries worth watching but not nothing special either. I recommend searching movie on Netflix it’s really good 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Melbcityguy - 11 Sep 2021 4:20 PM
Clickbait anyone?

Partly shot in Melbourne.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Finally got around to watching Train to Busan last night. A masterpiece of the zombie genre.

It's on the ABC iview app right now, probably not for long.
Edited
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

The mayor of Kingston looks really good on paramount 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

So sad that Animal Kingdom like all series loose the plot at their ends.
Its all far fteched in the first place but it gets beyound ridiculous these weekly updated ones.
I suppose I got to see it as light entertainment.

The wife for sometime has been watching the Good Girls.
I don't know I think I need to look at it as I said above.

Watched the start of SAS for the heck.
The previews I actually have hope it will keep me watching, spouse its too early to say.

All in all we in Syd/Melb don't have much choice to fill in the evening time.
Normally some of us would be at training/or watching a game like a FFACup or out somewhere for in the past I hardly watched anything around the hours of 6pm to 9/10pm every single night.
I am so bloody sick to death of normal tv and netflix etc for in the big picture the most I spent time in front of tv pre covid was to watch sports more than anything else.
Not many shows/series - like a movie thats decent but not many of those today, well that suit my likes.

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

IF your into F1 the Schumacher doco on Netflix is great viewing watched last night.

Love Football

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Aussie-Kiwi Jessica Hobbs wins the best director for a drama Emmy for The Crown, good on her.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Finished watching the Squid Game last week.
It was ok, bit slow at times but not a new concept.
Interesting reading about the korean writer, that years ago he thought people would find it too far fetched but today people can relate to it all far more now, ie greed and not giving a toss about your fellow human as long as you have the $$$$$$$.

Love Football

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

LFC. - 7 Oct 2021 12:19 PM
Finished watching the Squid Game last week.
It was ok, bit slow at times but not a new concept.
Interesting reading about the korean writer, that years ago he thought people would find it too far fetched but today people can relate to it all far more now, ie greed and not giving a toss about your fellow human as long as you have the $$$$$$$.

Just finished it up yesterday. It's a messed up show but can see it happening.

Korean music/film seems to be breaking into Western mainstream big time. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

messed up alright....and yep can see it happening.

Koreans are very clever - been doing business with them for a long time.
Not surprised they are coming out more.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

IF your into motogp racing the doco Hitting The Apex is great inside viewing for those who have never been.
Narrated by Brad Pitt - great to see our Casey Stoner featured in it.
Recommend.

Love Football

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Burztur - 7 Oct 2021 2:00 PM
LFC. - 7 Oct 2021 12:19 PM

Just finished it up yesterday. It's a messed up show but can see it happening.

Korean music/film seems to be breaking into Western mainstream big time. 

Up to ep 6, slow on the uptake, though I knew roughly the storyline I stayed away because literally everything classed it as Horror, and although I'm a big boy I don't do horror haha, but I was too intrigued. This isn't horror,  there's nothing scary, it's not disturbing. It's not overly graphic or gory, I don't get the classification. 

What do you guys think of the classification and what/when would you consider something horror 

I'd consider squid game a thriller.  And I'm enjoying it. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

no I wouldn't cassify it as Horror.
R Thriller

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Searching is a really good thriller movie 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Netflix recent viewing......

Manifest Series isn't too bad light entertainment, not done yet.

Watched Don't Look Up movie.
Not bad.

Surely some have watched The Hand Of God ?
Love it.

Love Football

Edited
2 Years Ago by LFC.
Muz
Muz
Legend

Watching '1883' on Paramount seeing I have gotten the subscription for the A league. Absolutely top notch. It's a prequel to Yellowstone which I haven't watched which is also supposed to be good.

Member since 2008.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search