The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

Author
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
[youtube]E_U_0tBqyf0[/youtube]
[youtube]1GYm1U1OjSE[/youtube]
[youtube]E7XhQzqsw9E[/youtube]
[youtube]2qUvo6hcgmY[/youtube]
[youtube]JxVpJlOQoe8[/youtube]
[youtube]_MnXBNOqkwk[/youtube]
[youtube]fQXNdwTKIJ8[/youtube]
[youtube]nGq5XaYS-dA[/youtube]
[youtube]seewFj-zybQ[/youtube]
[youtube]VZOnAzhM0vg[/youtube]
[youtube]stoQ7JKLW2E[/youtube]
[youtube]lnteojMwNnU[/youtube]

Edited by aussie4ever4: 26/11/2012 11:06:16 PM
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Anyone watch Arrow? Shit's crazy.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

martyB wrote:
Anyone watch Arrow? Shit's crazy.

Yeah its part of my weekly watch alongside Person of Interest, Homeland etc

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Dont really like dramas, only one i really watch is The Newsroom.

Other than that its mainly comedies. Love british comedy. Anyone know of a good place to watch british shows? or of any good shows?

If you like comedy, watch Spy and Moone Boy. Awesome shows.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
zimbos_05 wrote:
Anyone know of a good place to watch british shows? or of any good shows?

what have you already watched in the british comedy genre, so i have a better idea of what you enjoy & what to recommend?
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

unrelated to zimbos, thought i'd note the mrs has started to watch geordie shore while i'm doing my studies at home. i can't help but admit that i get soaked up in it all - i disagree with nearly every life choice these people make and laugh at (not with) some of the absolute bs they get up to but i can't stop watching sometimes.

but i pulled the pin on us watching that show together - after watching it the mrs & i got in an argument about something super trvial & we both raised our voices, and we never argue about anything. it was quite clear we were turning into shit people solely by watching that show.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

pv4 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

what have you already watched in the british comedy genre, so i have a better idea of what you enjoy & what to recommend?

Well ive only just gotten in to it, so not too much, but...

A League of their Own
Outnumbered
Spy
Moone Boy
Phoneshop (never really liked that soo much, stopped after a few eps)
Citizen Khan (ditto)

Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
pv4 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

A League of their Own
Outnumbered
Spy
Moone Boy
Citizen Khan (ditto)

Highly recommend Spy and Outnumbered. Life's Too Short is brilliant as well. IT Crowd, Inbetweeners, Black Books, Peep Show are older ones which are also awesome if you haven't seen any of them before.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

Benjo wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
pv4 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

A League of their Own
Outnumbered
Spy
Moone Boy
Citizen Khan (ditto)

Highly recommend Spy and Outnumbered. Life's Too Short is brilliant as well. IT Crowd, Inbetweeners, Black Books, Peep Show are older ones which are also awesome if you haven't seen any of them before.

It Crowd is amazing. Best show ever. Started watching Inbetweeners, dunno why i stopped. Probably because they show too much balls in it.

Where do you watch british tv though, so damn hard to find links.
pv4
pv4
Legend

well the mighty boosh is one of the best ever tv shows imo - if you like the it crowd i'm guessing you'll love the mighty boosh.

check out garth marenghi's darkplace also - amazingly funny show & completely batshit mental.

the inbetweeners was good.

the uk version of the office - anything ricky gervais usually has me in stitches. i've been told an idiot abroad is fantastic.

i never did, but i kept getting told to check out snuffbox aswell.

i just dl the shows or get them from mates hard drives
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

pv4 wrote:
unrelated to zimbos, thought i'd note the mrs has started to watch geordie shore while i'm doing my studies at home. i can't help but admit that i get soaked up in it all - i disagree with nearly every life choice these people make and laugh at (not with) some of the absolute bs they get up to but i can't stop watching sometimes.

but i pulled the pin on us watching that show together - after watching it the mrs & i got in an argument about something super trvial & we both raised our voices, and we never argue about anything. it was quite clear we were turning into shit people solely by watching that show.

Have to agree, thought Jersey Shore was an abomination but got sucked in to watching Geordie Shore as a mate always had it running, can't help but laughing at some of the outrageous shit the lads get up to.

On another note though, anyone else finished S5 of Sons of Anarchy?
Thought it took a while to get going but really exploded once it did, a very dark season indeed but can't wait to see how they build on it next year.
[spoiler]Loving the new regime too, Jax and Chibs>>>>>>Clay and Tig[/spoiler]
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Fredsta wrote:

Thought it took a while to get going but really exploded once it did, a very dark season indeed but can't wait to see how they build on it next year.

I think, on the acting front, this season has been their best by far. Charlie Hunnam was just incredible week in week out. [spoiler]Also love where they've taken Jax now, really makes you confused about how you should feel about him. Also liked the little call back to last seasons finale but instead of Tara being behind Jax it's Gemma.[/spoiler]

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Anyone else finish Homeland S2 yet?

[spoiler] I'm glad we now know where this show stands, that it's not meant to be this super realistic portayal, and I think it's better for it. Thought the finale was a great set up for next season, just hope they leave Damien Lewis out of it for a bit.[/spoiler]

Also Mandy Patinkin(Saul) FTW! Now officially my favourite character on any TV show.

Also very depressed now, knowing there's only 3 episodes left of Last Resort once it returns next month. Fucking Americans
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Fredsta wrote:

I think, on the acting front, this season has been their best by far. Charlie Hunnam was just incredible week in week out. [spoiler]Also love where they've taken Jax now, really makes you confused about how you should feel about him. Also liked the little call back to last seasons finale but instead of Tara being behind Jax it's Gemma.[/spoiler]

Yeah I definitely agree, the acting has been superb. Have to say the whole Gemma vs Tara storyline was getting annoying though.

[spoiler]Opie's call about the gavel corrupting really does say it all, Jax has been so dark but at the same time I disagree with Bobby, he isn't becoming Clay, he's doing this shit to look after the club whereas Clay towards the end was first and foremost about himself[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Also not disappointed at all to see Tara taken away tbh, she was beginning to reach Skyler White levels of annoying bitch syndrome imo. Interesting to see what happens with Clay though, I thought for sure he would get out and start up his own crew eventually becoming Jax's main nemesis yet again, their whole feud wasn't really allowed to reach the promise of S4 due to the dynamics of the plot but with him out of the club the renewed enmity could be immense[/spoiler]

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

I'm still only on S3 of SOA. Waiting for S4 to come out on DVD.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

martyB
martyB
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Also Mandy Patinkin (Saul) FTW! Now officially my favourite character on any TV show.
His name is Inigo Montoya. You killed his father, prepare to die.
TimmyJ
TimmyJ
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Anyone seen Pioneer One? Low budget indie series?
martyB
martyB
Legend

New season of Californication started yesterday; cannot bring myself to watch it for fear of disappointment.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

New seasons of Suits and Archer to start up in the next few days =p~
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Is it wrong that my wife makes me watch Vampire Diaries?

Is it wrong that I'm secretly hooked?
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Got back from the city, just bought
- S1 of 'The Walking Dead', thanks to you guys it's pricked my curiosity (same goes with Breaking Bad & Sons of Anarchy - hooked on both) . Not really into the whole Zombie thing, but having watched a few trailers on YouTube, decided to pick up the first season to see what all the hoo-ha is about. Over Xmas saw the trailer on Foxtel for the latest season.

-S1 of 'Rescue Me' Being a big fan of Dennis Leary, I know it's won quite a few awards, so it was on the cheap at $15. Hoping it's good.

-S1 of 'Homeland'. I watched the first couple of episodes on TV when it first came out but due to Uni commitments I kept forgetting it was on, and before I knew it, the season was basically over. Been hanging out to get it for a while.

Meaning to pick up S1 of 'Revenge' too. Same reason applies to Homeland in that I just couldn't find the time to watch it due to Uni.

Dunno which TV show to start first on. :lol:

Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

The Walking Dead is intense, as soon as you start it you won't want to stop.

I'm in the same boat in regards to Homeland, saw the first few and then moved back to the city for uni and just completely forgot about it.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Anybody know when S4 of SOA comes out in Australia on DVD?

Probably going to start watching Homeland after dinner tonight. I remember being hooked after the first episode. Looking forward to it!

martyB
martyB
Legend

First season of Homeland dragged on a bit but finds its feet in the second half. Haven't watched the second half of the second season yet. Completely forgot about the show TBH.

Californication, gladly, did not disappoint. Can't believe it's been 11 months since the previous season, felt like last week I watched it. Tim Minchin looks like he'll be an excellent addition to the cast.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Up to EP 6 of Homeland. Fucking Brilliant. In every way.

martyB
martyB
Legend

Claire Daines is brilliant in that role.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

11.mvfc.11 wrote:
Heineken wrote:
Anybody know when S4 of SOA comes out in Australia on DVD?

Probably going to start watching Homeland after dinner tonight. I remember being hooked after the first episode. Looking forward to it!
Check out first day on the Internet guy.

:lol:

New season of Suits is currently premiering in the US at the moment and a new season of Archer is due out today as well.
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Anyone into Lost Girl? came across a bit of it the otherday. looks cool but maybe a little repetitive? thoughts, worth downloading or renting?
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

martyB wrote:

Californication, gladly, did not disappoint. Can't believe it's been 11 months since the previous season, felt like last week I watched it. Tim Minchin looks like he'll be an excellent addition to the cast.

This so much.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

After hearing all the hype on 'The Wire' I finally caved and checked it out, very different to what I was expecting and a bit slow starting but fucking hell it's brilliant. Some of the most phenomenal casting and direction I've seen, it's so gritty, realistic and unflinching, nothing stylized about it, just an exceptional story produced in a stunningly realistic manner.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search