The Australian Politics thread: Prime Minister Anthony Albanese

The Australian Politics thread: Prime Minister Anthony Albanese

Author
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
tsf - 7 May 2022 11:44 AM
Munrubenmuz - 6 May 2022 11:04 AM

Tik tok generation. 

Everything is done with the idea of producing a 15 second social media clip. 

Having said that it looks like deliberate targeting at albo

Who do you think the media should target with basic facts a wannabe PM should know?

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 7 May 2022 11:31 AM
Munrubenmuz - 6 May 2022 11:04 AM

All the Greens have is ideas.  Its actually paying for them and making them work where their problems are. 

See Germany.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

johnszasz - 7 May 2022 7:47 PM
Enzo Bearzot - 7 May 2022 11:31 AM

See Germany.

Bet they're regretting their idiotic energy policy now, as is the rest of Europe. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 7 May 2022 11:54 AM
tsf - 7 May 2022 11:44 AM

Who do you think the media should target with basic facts a wannabe PM should know?

That's fine and he should be better across those facts which I already said but at the end of the day it should be a contest of ideas not a trivia competition.

Journo to Scotty: What does Jeny think about XYZ?

Journo to Albo: So you're for green energy and green hydrogen. Can you explain to us how a catalyst in a fuel cell splits hydrogen molecules?

Member since 2008.

roosty
roosty
Rising Star
Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Munrubenmuz - 9 May 2022 10:34 AM
Enzo Bearzot - 7 May 2022 11:54 AM

That's fine and he should be better across those facts which I already said but at the end of the day it should be a contest of ideas not a trivia competition.

But shouldnt ideas be grounded in facts and detail rather than the wishy washy “we will put people at the centre” platitudes that Albanese offers? 

From last nights debate its obvious that Albo lacks understanding of the intricate details of this policies as we all as the economy writ large. In essence that makes him a retail politician whose job is to talk to the media and sell policies rather than design and explain them. That means he’s not a real leader in any true sense of the word, since he’s communicating with the public on a superficial emotive level rather than a deeper intellectual level. 

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

roosty - 9 May 2022 11:05 AM

But shouldnt ideas be grounded in facts and detail rather than the wishy washy “we will put people at the centre” platitudes that Albanese offers? 

From last nights debate its obvious that Albo lacks understanding of the intricate details of this policies as we all as the economy writ large. In essence that makes him a retail politician whose job is to talk to the media and sell policies rather than design and explain them. That means he’s not a real leader in any true sense of the word, since he’s communicating with the public on a superficial emotive level rather than a deeper intellectual level. 

Yes. Admittedly he's not a great public speaker. More's the pity. But I'd rather someone who's competent and has a great set of people behind him (if he does) than some someone who can bullshit all day long that no one likes and gets nothing done.

The shame of politics is that being tall, having good hair and looking good is probably more than 50% of the reason you get elected.

When talking to the bloke that built my house it was a banter free zone to the point of being almost unable to talk to him about anything but he did a hell of a job.

I'd rather that than a bloke who was great fun on site but a shithouse builder.

At the end of the day I'm voting for policy not personality. I would expect a supposed 'informed voter' such as yourself would do the same.  

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

As for 'communicating ....deeper intellectual level'. Have you seen the ads that both sides are running? It's as lowest common denominator as you can get.

I can't remember seeing one ad from either side that wasn't an attack ad and even halfway said here's what we're planning to do for Australia and it's why you should elect us.

LNP is better the shitshow you know rather than a worse shitshow you might get.

Labour's is Scomo said this, that and the other.

It's pathetic from both mobs.

Obviously the ad and marketing and polling strategists say don't waste your time on any of the 'what we're going to do for you' stuff and just go straight for a kick in the balls. Because that's what works.

Member since 2008.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 9 May 2022 11:21 AM

As for 'communicating ....deeper intellectual level'. Have you seen the ads that both sides are running? It's as lowest common denominator as you can get.

I can't remember seeing one ad from either side that wasn't an attack ad and even halfway said here's what we're planning to do for Australia and it's why you should elect us.

LNP is better the shitshow you know rather than a worse shitshow you might get.

Labour's is Scomo said this, that and the other.

It's pathetic from both mobs.

Obviously the ad and marketing and polling strategists say don't waste your time on any of the 'what we're going to do for you' stuff and just go straight for a kick in the balls. Because that's what works.

pretty much covered it and I feel thats whats become of the general voter as well mostly due to SM where anyone behaves just the same as these pathetic low belt ads and how these 2 so called leaders behave......media is a joke not calling out these 2 with more serious questions but prefer let it be a side show.
Its the shallow of shallowest today.
At least Hawkey/Keating had some substance and policy that made sense for the times and ahead whereas as we saw with Rudd and worse looking ahead Albo doesn't instill leadership material let alone substance under neath him despite scotty from marketing countless failures/bloopers/total F ups etcetc there hasn't been any leadership party come clean or not have heaps of mud stuck to them.......
Its dejavu, went down the Rudd path look where it got us, the Albo path and band of nobodies does not instill any confidence whatsoever that I see but onwards and forwards lets get albo in, will last 1/2 terms max.
History repeating itself.

Love Football

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

The world is too much of a dark place to let us have teh hapiness about seeing this little jerk lose his seat

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdSKUhRqYfd/

She is bang on. Some great videos from her debate showing him for the economic fool he is.
Muz
Muz
Legend

tsf - 11 May 2022 2:53 PM
The world is too much of a dark place to let us have the happiness about seeing this little jerk lose his seat

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdSKUhRqYfd/

She is bang on. Some great videos from her debate showing him for the economic fool he is.

Brilliant clip. Thanks for posting. Josh looks embarrassed and rightly so.

Shame that more people don't see these sort of things.

Albo needs to set up a meeting with this lady and get some pointers.

Member since 2008.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I'd suggest Albo's better plan of attack is say nothing..........

She's good has her research covered but at the same time Fry is an easy target to expose.

Love Football

Muz
Muz
Legend

LFC. - 11 May 2022 4:30 PM
I'd suggest Albo's better plan of attack is say nothing..........

She's good has her research covered but at the same time Fry is an easy target to expose.

Even something as simple as 'You'd have money for (insert scheme here) if you didn't give away $38 billion to companies that increased profits and paid bonuses to CEOs.'

And just keep repeating it ad nauseum.

Member since 2008.

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 11 May 2022 4:13 PM
tsf - 11 May 2022 2:53 PM

Brilliant clip. Thanks for posting. Josh looks embarrassed and rightly so.

Shame that more people don't see these sort of things.

Albo needs to set up a meeting with this lady and get some pointers.

How refreshing is it to see someone speak clearly and concise, with substance. 
roosty
roosty
Rising Star
Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)

I imagine the $115 million or whatever that went to Crown was to save the thousands of jobs that otherwise would’ve been lost due inability to operate during lockdown.

I also the imagine the $0 that when to universities was because they were able to pivot to an online model thus their finances werent as adversely affected and they simply didnt qualify for it.

But then again the left have never been all that good when it comes to detail.
tsf
tsf
Legend

roosty - 12 May 2022 10:57 AM
I imagine the $115 million or whatever that went to Crown was to save the thousands of jobs that otherwise would’ve been lost due inability to operate during lockdown.

I also the imagine the $0 that when to universities was because they were able to pivot to an online model thus their finances werent as adversely affected and they simply didnt qualify for it.

You imagine?

Well that's settled. The expert who has just completely guessed something has spoken. 
tsf
tsf
Legend

Polling is showing the marxists are on the march!

Not a pure labor man, but I will be happy to see communism and antifa take over the country. Hopefully they can take away all our freedoms that are left (no pun intended) and defund the police and replace them with a PC brigade!

PARTY TIME!!!!
Edited
2 Years Ago by tsf
roosty
roosty
Rising Star

tsf - 12 May 2022 1:16 PM
roosty - 12 May 2022 10:57 AM

You imagine?

Well that's settled. The expert who has just completely guessed something has spoken. 

Was that your rebuttal? 😂 Because I used the word ‘imagine’ that somehow invalidates my argument? 😂 

tsf
tsf
Legend

roosty - 12 May 2022 2:15 PM
tsf - 12 May 2022 1:16 PM

Was that your rebuttal? 😂 Because I used the word ‘imagine’ that somehow invalidates my argument? 😂 

yes, not knowing what you are talking about invalidates your argument.

Anyway, address me as comrade. Or I will report you to the stasi in a few weeks when they have taken over the country. 
roosty
roosty
Rising Star

tsf - 12 May 2022 2:20 PM

Anyway, address me as comrade. Or I will report you to the stasi in a few weeks when they have taken over the country. 

Dr Ryan doesn’t know what she’s talking about either. She is a candidate running for an election rather than a economist or policy expert. 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

I would have thought Albanese was with the Stella Rossa or one of the Garibaldi Brigades???? Or is the "armed struggle" portion of the evening over and you've gone straight to hardcore Bolshevism?
tsf
tsf
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 12 May 2022 5:26 PM

I would have thought Albanese was with the Stella Rossa or one of the Garibaldi Brigades???? Or is the "armed struggle" portion of the evening over and you've gone straight to hardcore Bolshevism?

No, they would've had to have opened a book, studied or engaged with other cultures to understand the history behind what you refrer too. It's far easier to throw out words like marxists, commies etc for 'em.
tsf
tsf
Legend

Look at these security goons 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShubaSKrishnan/status/1524636219564445696

tsf
tsf
Legend

The free speech we hear so much about at play.....
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

tsf - 12 May 2022 6:39 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 12 May 2022 5:26 PM

No, they would've had to have opened a book, studied or engaged with other cultures to understand the history behind what you refrer too. It's far easier to throw out words like marxists, commies etc for 'em.

Sorry was just trying to be smart... I'm comfortable enough in my political views ( and the world and family history behind what shaped them of course) as I'm sure you are, but I try and keep an open view of both sides of an argument and the perspective of those who hold it. At least I think I try....  I'm  not a social media person, hate it in fact, and this is my only online voice  and what really freaks me out is how polarising  the language around different opinions has  become. Do people understand what a Fascist is, what a Marxist is, what freedom of speech (not the fucked up amendments to the US constitution that have absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the world btw) are? Why we celebrate labour day? What a union is for? What universal suffrage and fundamental anti discrimination laws are for? I'm not talking about tertiary level political science definitions, just basic everyman explanations...... The conversations I have at work and socially make me despair for modern society  or is it just our Western way of thinking? All I read in these back and forth arguments are "slogans" and buzz words that don't even mean what they think it means....  And all it does is just devalue the whole idea of political debate as a means to improve the human condition. Politics and    - oops, I just ate my own poop...iness have always gone hand in hand, in history you can count with one hand the ones who chose to rule as a selfless act.... its always about power either hanging on to or taking away from....  but we have reached the end of the line when two main party leaders ( who for some reason people in Australia seem to think are ideologically either left or right) have absolutely NOTHING to say in their own defence but EVERYTHING to say in attack of their rival...... 
Rant over :)
Muz
Muz
Legend

Sky 'news' eh?!

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/may/12/sky-news-host-paul-murray-in-expletive-laden-anti-labor-tirade-to-audience-before-petter-dutton-interview

Member since 2008.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
roosty
roosty
Rising Star

How is this even news? It was a private recording taken off camera. Everyone knows Sky News is right leaning just like everyone knows the ABC is full of trendy left wing enlightened hippies masquerading as "independent journalists" who hate the Coalition. The only difference is one is privately owned and funded and other butt fucks taxpayers while completely shitting on its charter. 
Muz
Muz
Legend

roosty - 13 May 2022 10:19 AM

How is this even news? It was a private recording taken off camera. Everyone knows Sky News is right leaning just like everyone knows the ABC is full of trendy left wing enlightened hippies masquerading as "independent journalists" who hate the Coalition. The only difference is one is privately owned and funded and other butt fucks taxpayers while completely shitting on its charter. 

How is it news? Well probably because they purport to be a balanced news organisation.

Member since 2008.

tsf
tsf
Legend

roosty - 13 May 2022 10:19 AM

Im definitely reporting you to the stasi in a few weeks. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 12 May 2022 10:43 PM
tsf - 12 May 2022 6:39 PM

Sorry was just trying to be smart... I'm comfortable enough in my political views ( and the world and family history behind what shaped them of course) as I'm sure you are, but I try and keep an open view of both sides of an argument and the perspective of those who hold it. At least I think I try....  I'm  not a social media person, hate it in fact, and this is my only online voice  and what really freaks me out is how polarising  the language around different opinions has  become. Do people understand what a Fascist is, what a Marxist is, what freedom of speech (not the fucked up amendments to the US constitution that have absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the world btw) are? Why we celebrate labour day? What a union is for? What universal suffrage and fundamental anti discrimination laws are for? I'm not talking about tertiary level political science definitions, just basic everyman explanations...... The conversations I have at work and socially make me despair for modern society  or is it just our Western way of thinking? All I read in these back and forth arguments are "slogans" and buzz words that don't even mean what they think it means....  And all it does is just devalue the whole idea of political debate as a means to improve the human condition. Politics and    - oops, I just ate my own poop...iness have always gone hand in hand, in history you can count with one hand the ones who chose to rule as a selfless act.... its always about power either hanging on to or taking away from....  but we have reached the end of the line when two main party leaders ( who for some reason people in Australia seem to think are ideologically either left or right) have absolutely NOTHING to say in their own defence but EVERYTHING to say in attack of their rival...... 
Rant over :)

here here comrade - oooops :D

With you all the way........
Like you hardly have any SM, couldn't be bloody bothered - here and 2 x car forums are my SM.
The rest don't know how people have that much time looking back and forth on their mobiles and all these accounts, its a mosh pit by the look of it and sounds like many are the blind leading the blind then posting up a link look at these facts....who's facts who's validated this, oh a such and such known wannabee.
How heated some become just in here, must be melting pot in all those accounts people are involved.
No wonder mental health is huge today.

Love Football

tsf
tsf
Legend

I hear you @ mono
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search