The Australian Politics thread: Prime Minister Anthony Albanese

The Australian Politics thread: Prime Minister Anthony Albanese

Author
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
LIbs love super....funny - from memory wasn't that again, a labor initiative?
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Just five more days until the ‘silent majority’ we have heard so much about get to have their day. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Can't wait for this shit show to be over and start the new one.........

Love Football

Edited
2 Years Ago by LFC.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

tsf - 14 May 2022 11:42 AM
sydneyfc1987 - 14 May 2022 11:36 AM

And they make such good punchlines with their moronic acts 

The difference being that when left-leaning people do/ say moronic things, the treatment is notably different from some sources. And this is perfectly understandable, unless it's from a news source that claims to be "fair and balanced unlike news sourced those morons on the other side believe". Likewise, if a channel passes itself off as satire, they can put out thinly-veiled opinion pieces and then when people call them out on the logical fallacies, omissions or erroneous facts, they can conveniently retreat up in the Motte and go "it's just satire- why are you so upset?"

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
2 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

LFC. - 17 May 2022 2:51 PM
Can't wait for this shot show to be over and start the new one.........

Honestly, I can't see it being any worse. A rotation every once in a while is needed to keep them on their toes.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Burztur - 18 May 2022 12:30 AM

Honestly, I can't see it being any worse. A rotation every once in a while is needed to keep them on their toes.

100%. Every government needs to be booted every now and again. Something the clowns in my electorate can't seem to grasp. 50+ years of being a Nats seat. Just like almost every other Nats seat in NSW.

Member since 2008.

tsf
tsf
Legend

Captain Haddock - 17 May 2022 8:03 PM
tsf - 14 May 2022 11:42 AM

The difference being that when left-leaning people do/ say moronic things, the treatment is notably different from some sources. And this is perfectly understandable, unless it's from a news source that claims to be "fair and balanced unlike news sourced those morons on the other side believe". Likewise, if a channel passes itself off as satire, they can put out thinly-veiled opinion pieces and then when people call them out on the logical fallacies, omissions or erroneous facts, they can conveniently retreat up in the Motte and go "it's just satire- why are you so upset?"

TBH, I am not really clear on what your gripe is in response. Are you disgruntled with Betoota for cutting too close to the bone?

On the flip side, the doyen of the alt right and conservatives, Trump, his MO was 'I was just joking' with pretty much most outlandish statements. 

Edited
2 Years Ago by tsf
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

yes I tend to agree.....
Just as we know in our game, a 10yr reign needs a re set, not a great example but I'm sure you know what I mean.
I was a young bloke but that Don Chipp from the ol Democrats said it right, keep the bastards honest..........
Trouble is opposition is at the bottom of the barrel as well nowadays.
Just a shame were gonna pay for this but it does need to happen.
Can't see them last long but as in past decades we go through recycling, long before it became industry :)

Love Football

Edited
2 Years Ago by LFC.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

LFC. - 18 May 2022 2:16 PM

yes I tend to agree.....
Just as we know in our game, a 10yr reign needs a re set, not a great example but I'm sure you know what I mean.
I was a young bloke but that Don Chipp from the ol Democrats said it right, keep the bastards honest..........
Trouble is opposition is at the bottom of the barrel as well nowadays.
Just a shame were gonna pay for this but it does need to happen.
Can't see them last long but as in past decades we go through recycling, long before it became industry :)

This is the problem. The system is geared to a race to the bottom because its easier that way. It needs to be fixed so the parties are pushing each other with better policies. 

tsf
tsf
Legend

Where’s the ‘silent Majority’? 
Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)

tsf - 21 May 2022 8:49 PM
Where’s the ‘silent Majority’? 

Not so silent as appear to have given the LNP a kicking though the independents  and Greens have also given the ALP a touch up.

tsf
tsf
Legend

Booney - 21 May 2022 9:22 PM
tsf - 21 May 2022 8:49 PM

Not so silent as appear to have given the LNP a kicking though the independents  and Greens have also given the ALP a touch up.

LNP have bagels on for years that there’s a silent majority that are secretly right and love these culture wars. 

Absolute crap. 

Murdoch loves them because he sells as off it. 

This is what happens when they do
what Murdoch wants them to do. 

tsf
tsf
Legend

Sells ads I meant. 
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Suck a big steaming shit Scomo 💩💩💩🖕
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

tsf - 18 May 2022 11:15 AM
Captain Haddock - 17 May 2022 8:03 PM

TBH, I am not really clear on what your gripe is in response. Are you disgruntled with Betoota for cutting too close to the bone?

On the flip side, the doyen of the alt right and conservatives, Trump, his MO was 'I was just joking' with pretty much most outlandish statements. 

South Park remains the yardstick when it comes to cutting close to the bone- regardless of who the target is. I can't think of a group they haven't roasted, and that's one of the reasons the show is so popular.

My "gripe" (if you can call it that) is more with satire that's happy to lay into certain subjects with no holding back, but then conveniently tip-toes around or deflects when it comes to certain other subjects worthy of attention. Then again, I'm an all or nothing kinda guy.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Great to see so much support for the Independents nationwide. Long overdue.

roosty
roosty
Rising Star
Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)

Congrats Labor. They didn’t so much “win” it as it was natural turnover and time for a change. LNP typicallly ran a shit, tepid campaign and failed to generate any energy other than incessant droning about economic management and vacuous slogans like “wont be easy under albane$e”. It was almost like Libs were tired of being in government and knew their time was up.

The reality is nothing will change much under Labor, Albo will make a few tokenistic changes like dropping the net zero target to 2045, building a few homes, etc, but the cost of living will skyrocket and debts and deficits spiral out of control. Ultimately, I think the best advertisement for conservative politics is seeing progressive policies fail and flounder when tried in the real world, and after nine long years I think people just forget how damaging progressive politics is, and need a kick in the butt to be reminded. The best part will be seeing the armada of boats arrive and the ensuing clusterfuck around border management. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Labor's win is one of hope and opportunity but like in Germany with the new coalition of red and green, it's going to set up for a lot of disappointment and bewilderment if they stray from their plans and promises.
tsf
tsf
Legend

It was genius move bringing in the transgender chatterbox deves 😂😂😂

Libs are cooked for the next few election cycles. 

Fantastic so many women independents in. Still waiting for the ‘silent majority’ sky news and their ilk have been going on about for years. ’

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Morning comrades.

Good to see the Greens increase their numbers in the reps and the senate. Also fantastic to see so many impressive Teal women get in.

Scomo claiming credit for our pandemic response in his speech last night shows how deluded he is.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Also must be getting close to 50 / 50 for women in parliament.

Member since 2008.

tsf
tsf
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 22 May 2022 8:34 AM
Morning comrades.

Good to see the Greens increase their numbers in the reps and the senate. Also fantastic to see so many impressive Teal women get in.

Scomo claiming credit for our pandemic response in his speech last night shows how deluded he is.

Morning comrade. 

I’ve completely forgotten about the MV result seeing all these pricks getting their arses handed to them 

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
tsf - 22 May 2022 9:21 AM
Munrubenmuz - 22 May 2022 8:34 AM

Morning comrade. 

I’ve completely forgotten about the MV result seeing all these pricks getting their arses handed to them 

Morning comrades. I'm also pleased to see KK lose in Fowler. Shows how politically engaged people (in the cities at the very least) are. Parties can't take their constituents for granted and that is a wonderful outcome for democracy.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Liberals have been decimated.  They did it all to themselves too.  

Suck shit to the dodgy fat fuck Clive Palmer for wasting more of his money whether he has billions of it or not.

Lots of cross benchers, this is going to be a very, very different government to the last. 

tsf
tsf
Legend

Some good commentary on this left v right crap/

LNP buy into that moronic stance but things like:

Climate Change
Women's rights
Being against corruption

Are not political issues - they re standard human decency things that they politicised. And paid the price because many people despite their politics care about them.

At one point I saw that every single seat LIbs lost was to a female candidate - says it all. The best bit is if the Libs go further right because they are being told to by Sky News they will not get in again. It's beautiful.

Now, it's time for progressive policies and vision, and I am excited about so many varying voices in parliament, and most seem unified in a better future. Not negativity.

tsf
tsf
Legend

ErogenousZone - 22 May 2022 12:57 PM
Liberals have been decimated.  They did it all to themselves too.  

Suck shit to the dodgy fat fuck Clive Palmer for wasting more of his money whether he has billions of it or not.

Lots of cross benchers, this is going to be a very, very different government to the last. 

yep. How good is the palmer thing. Utterly pointless in the end. 
bluebird2
bluebird2
Rising Star
Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)

I don't get it

Labour are promising all these things for women (such as targeting unequal pay and domestic violence) but then when it comes to sport being a woman is a choice. How can you address social issues regarding women if you can't even acknowledge what a woman is?

Effectively everything they are budgeting for is based on people's own categorisation and sense of self, and they aren't really addressing any social problems. I wonder if we can also declare ourselves as indigenous Australians to access another bucket of money we aren't entitled to either

I like the quote above about 50/50 women in parliament. That could have been accomplished a long time ago by simply asking half of politicians to change their preferred pronouns

Women's rights and pro-gender are opposites. Anybody pushing both is just pandering to popular opinion
Burztur
Burztur
World Class

mcjules - 22 May 2022 10:07 AM
tsf - 22 May 2022 9:21 AM

Morning comrades. I'm also pleased to see KK lose in Fowler. Shows how politically engaged people (in the cities at the very least) are. Parties can't take their constituents for granted and that is a wonderful outcome for democracy.

Fowler is interesting. Shows how the ALP can't take their base for granted. Teal Independents showed the same for the LNP. All upside as pollies need to work harder for the electorate now.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class

tsf - 22 May 2022 1:59 PM
Some good commentary on this left v right crap/

LNP buy into that moronic stance but things like:

Climate Change
Women's rights
Being against corruption

Are not political issues - they re standard human decency things that they politicised. And paid the price because many people despite their politics care about them.

At one point I saw that every single seat LIbs lost was to a female candidate - says it all. The best bit is if the Libs go further right because they are being told to by Sky News they will not get in again. It's beautiful.

Now, it's time for progressive policies and vision, and I am excited about so many varying voices in parliament, and most seem unified in a better future. Not negativity.

LOL. The fact that anti-corruption is painted as a partisan issue is crazy. Hope the Federal ICAC gets set up asap.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class

tsf - 22 May 2022 2:00 PM
ErogenousZone - 22 May 2022 12:57 PM

yep. How good is the palmer thing. Utterly pointless in the end. 

I just hope the stupid ads will stop.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search