NPL - New South Wales Conference

NPL - New South Wales Conference

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Well, you got to wonder why WSW got the nob but not surprising to me.

Nice to see PL football back on a good winters weekend.
Some interesting results across all Divs.
Pity its a mickey mouse comp but great to be back.

Love Football

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
with NPL1 commencing this weekend, does anyone know what the current fan restrictions / procedures are with COVID?

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

19-SU-58 - 28 Jul 2020 3:41 PM
with NPL1 commencing this weekend, does anyone know what the current fan restrictions / procedures are with COVID?

All of the matches will be played behind-closed-doors

Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Paul01 - 28 Jul 2020 9:20 PM

Football NSW has confirmed the official draws for the Seniors and Grade 20 matches for the National Premier Leagues NSW Men’s competitions with kick-off scheduled for Friday 31st of July.The rebooted season will see fixtures played on Friday evenings as well as Saturday’s and Sunday’s with each match shown exclusively LIVE only on NPL.TV.The competition will feature 12 teams taking part in an 11-round competition format with two weeks of finals series including the Final with no promotion and relegation.Western Sydney Wanderers will feature in the competition just for this rebooted season temporarily replacing Sutherland Sharks.There have been a couple of coaching changes with Sydney Olympic appointing Ante Juric as its head coach while the Mt Druitt Town Rangers will have Franco Cosentino in charge at Popondetta Park.Various player changes will also be evident with NPL NSW Men’s clubs updating their player rosters.

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members

did this come from last night's meeting at FNSW headquarters? 
because it's the first we've heard of it.

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

Paul01
Paul01
Pro

19-SU-58 - 29 Jul 2020 8:55 AM

did this come from last night's meeting at FNSW headquarters? 
because it's the first we've heard of it.

I copied it from the Football NSW website 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

The last couple of PL2 rounds played there has be no crowd restrictions barring distancing which is common sense anyway for me and sanitisers for use at entry of grounds and clubhouse canteen areas etcetc....
Been great to be back around the grounds and look forward to getting to a PL1 round now and then, especially Friday nights !

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
LFC. - 29 Jul 2020 11:12 AM
The last couple of PL2 rounds played there has be no crowd restrictions barring distancing which is common sense anyway for me and sanitisers for use at entry of grounds and clubhouse canteen areas etcetc....
Been great to be back around the grounds and look forward to getting to a PL1 round now and then, especially Friday nights !

Interesting.

No sanitisers here!
Big Wally
Big Wally
Hacker
Hacker (434 reputation)Hacker (434 reputation)Hacker (434 reputation)Hacker (434 reputation)Hacker (434 reputation)Hacker (434 reputation)Hacker (434 reputation)Hacker (434 reputation)Hacker (434 reputation)Hacker (434 reputation)Hacker (434 reputation)

Good to see the comp restarted. Hopefully Covid numbers don’t spike and players look after themselves, and we might see out the rest of the year somehow.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Good to have local football back. 

Highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NSWPL

Some very nice goals.  
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

well about time PL1 koff'd.
Wanted to get to Lambert Friday night but couldn't.
Enjoyed watching Spartans in PL2 win 20's and 1sts vs Jets, 3rd game of the comp.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Big Wally - 3 Aug 2020 6:44 AM
Good to see the comp restarted. Hopefully Covid numbers don’t spike and players look after themselves, and we might see out the rest of the year somehow.

We are a bit better off here in Tas than your neck of the woods regarding Covid, mate.

Hopefully, Covid drops off in NSW.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

ErogenousZone - 3 Aug 2020 8:13 AM
Good to have local football back. 

Highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NSWPL

Some very nice goals.  

Not too bad, but none match the volley in the game I saw on Saturday.

Thanks for  posting them, EZ.

Do you attend live games?
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Decentric - 3 Aug 2020 3:53 PM
ErogenousZone - 3 Aug 2020 8:13 AM

Not too bad, but none match the volley in the game I saw on Saturday.

Thanks for  posting them, EZ.

Do you attend live games?

I most certainly do.  :laugh:
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

ErogenousZone - 7 Aug 2020 10:22 AM
Decentric - 3 Aug 2020 3:53 PM

I most certainly do.  :laugh:

Good on you.

Not enough football supporters attend NPL games. 

I'm addicted to  watching  sport live - football and cricket are my favourites, and  sometimes I watch  tennis and hockey live too. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Agreed, nothing like being around grass roots football and NPL.
The Sydney PL1 fixtures have Friday night 7.30 koffs all this season which is bloody marvellous.
Even though its wet here for most the weekend its far better getting outdoors than staying indoors for me.
I need to toss up between 2 games close enough to me tonight.
Lambert Park APIA vs Wolves that should be a beauty OR Cromer Park Manly vs WSW.
Then I can't make no1 sons AA1's game Sat arvo for I'll be at mine and Sunday late arvo no2 son in PL2.
We love our football !

Love Football

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

LFC. - 7 Aug 2020 1:40 PM
Agreed, nothing like being around grass roots football and NPL.
The Sydney PL1 fixtures have Friday night 7.30 koffs all this season which is bloody marvellous.
Even though its wet here for most the weekend its far better getting outdoors than staying indoors for me.
I need to toss up between 2 games close enough to me tonight.
Lambert Park APIA vs Wolves that should be a beauty OR Cromer Park Manly vs WSW.
Then I can't make no1 sons AA1's game Sat arvo for I'll be at mine and Sunday late arvo no2 son in PL2.
We love our football !

You certainly do love football, LFC!

I've now got no kids playing NPL, so I'm fancy free to go to games I choose to.

It is nice  not watching one's own kids play and always analysing how they could improve individually, and how their teams could improve.

It is nice seeing  kids one has coached  in their  developmental years play senior NPL,   but sometimes being frustrated how they've forgotten things one was coaching them a few years back.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

terrible wet weekend for us here and damn bloody cold Sunday.
Grass roots was cancelled - well I was informed our game was by mid Friday arvo :(
A tad premature imo for Saturday had its clear moments and rain abated the area we are.
Super League games mind you and ofcourse NPL went ahead.
Didn't make Lambert Park Friday night and kind of glad having kept tabs on the scores.
Defending Champs Wolves 4-1 APIA. 2 loss's in a row for APIA.
I was out at Blactown Park for the U20 5pm koff vsing St GeorgeFC.
One of the coldest ugliest times I've been to watch a game - rain rain rain/wind and must have been around 8deg.
Obviously this also effected the game but have to say the drainage of this synthetic pitch is superb.
You didn't even notice a spray off the ball as it was being passed about.
Great high press by the Spartans through the 1st half forcing errors forging a 2nil lead by HT, 2 very well taken goals might I add.
2nd half Spartans closed ranks allowing STG most possesion and moving the ball around well - with all that they lacked the final product maybe creating 2-3 chances not converted mind you Spartans defense is one of their features after 4 games with only 2 GA.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Decentric - 8 Aug 2020 9:48 AM
LFC. - 7 Aug 2020 1:40 PM

You certainly do love football, LFC!

I've now got no kids playing NPL, so I'm fancy free to go to games I choose to.

It is nice  not watching one's own kids play and always analysing how they could improve individually, and how their teams could improve.

It is nice seeing  kids one has coached  in their  developmental years play senior NPL,   but sometimes being frustrated how they've forgotten things one was coaching them a few years back.

Been a passion all my life D, been playing since 5yrs and now in my veteran years sadly but like many loving the game its been a great influence on your kids.
I'm no coach as you've experienced but obviously looked at mine closely through their early dev years and spent alot of time kicking about with them.
I've tried very hard not being that screaming parent, infact I would go over the oppsite sideline and observe all the players.
After games I would ask how they felt it went and what they thought.
Then I would mention what they could have considered to do differently at that time in a game and ofcourse pat them on the back on the good things.

It would be a double edge sword having been a coach and seeing players carrying on what they have learnt and others falling into complacency so to speak.

Love Football

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

LFC. - 10 Aug 2020 10:09 AM
Decentric - 8 Aug 2020 9:48 AM

Been a passion all my life D, been playing since 5yrs and now in my veteran years sadly but like many loving the game its been a great influence on your kids.
I'm no coach as you've experienced but obviously looked at mine closely through their early dev years and spent alot of time kicking about with them.
I've tried very hard not being that screaming parent, infact I would go over the oppsite sideline and observe all the players.
After games I would ask how they felt it went and what they thought.
Then I would mention what they could have considered to do differently at that time in a game and ofcourse pat them on the back on the good things.

It would be a double edge sword having been a coach and seeing players carrying on what they have learnt and others falling into complacency so to speak.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Shame to hear about rotten weather on Sydney for NPL
games. 

It has been perfect down here in Tas. 

Sunny, windless days of 11-13 degrees. 

Hobart is the second driest capital in Aus. Wind can be the problem. 
Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

LFC. - 10 Aug 2020 9:58 AM
terrible wet weekend for us here and damn bloody cold Sunday.
Grass roots was cancelled - well I was informed our game was by mid Friday arvo :(
A tad premature imo for Saturday had its clear moments and rain abated the area we are.
Super League games mind you and ofcourse NPL went ahead.
Didn't make Lambert Park Friday night and kind of glad having kept tabs on the scores.
Defending Champs Wolves 4-1 APIA. 2 loss's in a row for APIA.
I was out at Blactown Park for the U20 5pm koff vsing St GeorgeFC.
One of the coldest ugliest times I've been to watch a game - rain rain rain/wind and must have been around 8deg.
Obviously this also effected the game but have to say the drainage of this synthetic pitch is superb.
You didn't even notice a spray off the ball as it was being passed about.
Great high press by the Spartans through the 1st half forcing errors forging a 2nil lead by HT, 2 very well taken goals might I add.
2nd half Spartans closed ranks allowing STG most possesion and moving the ball around well - with all that they lacked the final product maybe creating 2-3 chances not converted mind you Spartans defense is one of their features after 4 games with only 2 GA.

pity the field is severely undersized.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Kolner - 12 Aug 2020 5:00 PM
LFC. - 10 Aug 2020 9:58 AM

pity the field is severely undersized.

At the Spartans home ground?

Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 13 Aug 2020 7:48 AM
Kolner - 12 Aug 2020 5:00 PM

At the Spartans home ground?

yep.  doesnt meet requirements...unless youre a 12 year old!

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes it is narrow....making corners easy to get over, not sure about the length.

Why do grounds (especially new ones)  get approval not to proper spec ?
Costs at the time ?

Love Football

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

LFC. - 14 Aug 2020 8:13 AM
yes it is narrow....making corners easy to get over, not sure about the length.

Why do grounds (especially new ones)  get approval not to proper spec ?
Costs at the time ?

Blacktown association did all the heavy lifting in regards to getting the funding from state governments & also raised from their association.

The length is fine, I width isn't that much of an issue in my opinion. 

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

https://mens.nplnsw.com.au/2020/07/17/western-united-snap-up-patrick-antelmi/

I'd also like to mention Patrick Antelmi from Sydney United getting a gig with Western United. Well earnt & kudos to him.  
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

ErogenousZone - 14 Aug 2020 9:54 AM
LFC. - 14 Aug 2020 8:13 AM

Blacktown association did all the heavy lifting in regards to getting the funding from state governments & also raised from their association.

The length is fine, I width isn't that much of an issue in my opinion. 

yes I recall it was a huge project at the time......
Nah width does matter EZ, even from my playing perspective you can tell/feel the diff (buggered if cared to observe this watching so many games at Blacktown) and it suits some teams play having that extra width whereas some not.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

PL1 weekend results
APIA 2 WSW 1 close watched this via the app
BC 1 SO 2
MtDruitt 0 Suns 3
Wolves 0 Marconi 1 Mmmmm
SU58 2 Manly 0
SFC 6 NSM 1 smacked bad.

PL2
As they called it the 1st F3 Derby in PL
Jets 4 CCM 4 - well if any fans were watching sure wouldn't have been boring !
Hills United 2 SpititFC 5 comp leaders.
BWE 2 Hakoah 1 - like an old day meeting
Spartans 2 Raiders 2 - got to say entertaining game, Raiders look better from last season having been promoted, 20's was good game as well.
STGFA 2 Tigers 3

Love Football

AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)

Kolner - 13 Aug 2020 10:12 PM
ErogenousZone - 13 Aug 2020 7:48 AM

yep.  doesnt meet requirements...unless youre a 12 year old!

Did you measure and then check the min/max set out by FIFA? Did you ask any club official if it meets FNSW size requirements? 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search