NPL- Queensland Conference

NPL- Queensland Conference

Author
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Keep the name
Stay the same
No one goes to the Fury game.

Didn't know I was a poet 😎
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

krones3 - 29 May 2017 7:00 PM
Keep the name Stay the sameNo one goes to the Fury game.Didn't know I was a poet 😎

You're kidding!  You don't like Fury???  :doze:

Give it a rest would you?

krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Look I keep telling you even if I don't like Fury what about the other 5000 people who don't go to the games.
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

krones3 - 29 May 2017 7:41 PM
Look I keep telling you even if I don't like Fury what about the other 5000 people who don't go to the games.

I know you do.  Over and over again...  

I'm not dismissing your opinion, but we got it the first time.

krones3
krones3
Pro

Ok just saying the North Queensland football missed another golden opportunity to win but again kicked an own goal.
I won't say another thing about hating Fury until they fail again. Probably first team to be relegated but definitely the lowest supported regardless of results.
Cheers
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

krones3 - 29 May 2017 8:01 PM
Probably first team to be relegated

Doubt it, seeing as they and FNQ Heat have an exemption from relegation.

krones3
krones3
Pro

Ok second season. If they make it that far.
Ps thought the poem whilst short was not too bad.
Don't you just hate the way the fury blame the community for hating them?
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)

Jeezus what is it with you & Fury? Did your kid not get picked at trials & now you have an eternal bone to pick with them?

krones3
krones3
Pro

No Totti No Party - 29 May 2017 9:59 PM

Jeezus what is it with you & Fury? Did your kid not get picked at trials & now you have an eternal bone to pick with them?

yeh that's it my son and 5000 other people. you sound like a record round and round.
everyone except 200pl in townsville ( the employees and the parents of kids in the program)hate the fury got it, + me as well.
eternity is a long time but i think i can handle it.
ffs

Edited
7 Years Ago by krones3
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

aussieshorter - 29 May 2017 8:04 PM
krones3 - 29 May 2017 8:01 PM

Doubt it, seeing as they and FNQ Heat have an exemption from relegation.

Is that confirmed?

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Wanderers in soccer's new state second-tier competition

ON THE ATTACK: Buderim Wanderers' James Verdin during a game at Ballinger Park.
ON THE ATTACK: Buderim Wanderers' James Verdin during a game at Ballinger Park.Patrick Woods

FOOTBALL: The Buderim Wanderers will provide the region with a presence in the state's new second-tier competition next year, via the Sunshine Coast Wanderers.

The club will field junior, youth and senior teams in the Football Queensland Premier League (FQPL).

"We put in a very good bid and we've been rewarded so it's going to be very exciting times for football on the Coast," club president Ian Marks said.

"We want to provide a pathway (for aspiring players).

"We've got some very good coaches, are well backed financially and well backed up with our facilities. We'll be able to look after our players."

Buderim Wanderers have been recognised as the Sunshine Coast Football club of the year for the past four years.

"And we feel that we are ready for the next step," Marks said.

The home grounds will be at Buderim and teams will play in the black and orange colours of Buderim Wanderers but Marks said the QPL sides would represent the region and would welcome players from around the Sunshine Coast.

The club will conduct trials for its teams and its presence in the QPL has been welcomed by the local association.

The Sunshine Coast Wanderers senior men's team will have the chance to push into the state's top tier - the National Premier Leagues Queensland - via a promotion/relegation system.

That will hinge on the club's QPL performances in seniors, under-20s and under-18s, where points from their seasons will be combined.

"We're going to be shooting for promotion as soon as we can but, being realistic, we're going to need some time to get this club completely grounded," Marks said.

"We'd like to think were going to be very competitive."

Buderim will also remain in the local association's premier men's competition.

Marks also confirmed the club will bid for a place in the NPLQ women's premiership.

Sunshine Coast Fire kept its place in the men's NPLQ, expanded from 12 to 14 teams. Mackay Whitsundays and Brisbane-based unit Lions are additions.

The Fire is last on this year's ladder but club officials told the Daily they will be more competitive next year, in the face of possible relegation.

Football Queensland president Greg Redington said the restructure provided the sport with a fresh outlook in the state.

NPL QUEENSLAND CLUBS

. Brisbane City FC

. Brisbane Olympic FC

. Brisbane Roar FC Youth (Young Roar)

. Brisbane Strikers FC

. FNQ FC Heat

. Gold Coast City FC

. Lions FC

. Mackay & Whitsundays Magpies Crusaders United

. Moreton Bay United FC

. Northern Fury FC

. Redlands United FC

. South West Queensland Thunder FC

. Sunshine Coast FC

. Western Pride FC

FOOTBALL QUEENSLAND PREMIER LEAGUE

. Eastern Suburbs FC

. Football Wide Bay

. Gold Coast Athletic FC

. Gold Coast Galaxy FC

. Holland Park Hawks FC

. Ipswich Knights FC

. Logan Lightning FC

. Mitchelton FC

. Peninsula Power FC

. Rochedale Rovers FC

. Souths United FC

. Southside Eagles FC

. Sunshine Coast Wanderers FC (Buderim Wanderers)

. Wolves FC

Wanderers in soccer's new state second-tier competition | Sunshine Coast Daily

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Exciting. I love seeing the fans in the competition.

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

TheSelectFew - 29 May 2017 10:44 PM
aussieshorter - 29 May 2017 8:04 PM

Is that confirmed?

Football Queensland don't seem to want to reply to my tweets :).  I asked about this yesterday.

But in the early announcements they said Fury and FNQ Heat (if successful in retaining their spots in the NPL) would not be subject to relegation. 

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

aussieshorter - 30 May 2017 8:31 AM
TheSelectFew - 29 May 2017 10:44 PM

Football Queensland don't seem to want to reply to my tweets :).  I asked about this yesterday.

But in the early announcements they said Fury and FNQ Heat (if successful in retaining their spots in the NPL) would not be subject to relegation. 

There is no indication that would be the case. You'd think any exemption would be mentioned in the presentation. 

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

TheSelectFew - 30 May 2017 10:31 AM
aussieshorter - 30 May 2017 8:31 AM

There is no indication that would be the case. You'd think any exemption would be mentioned in the presentation. 

It's not particularly clear, but this is the information pack - http://footballqueensland.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/2018-Information-Pack-PS4NPLQLD-Men.pdf

This statement is made:
Both PlayStation 4 National Premier Leagues Queensland and Queensland Premier League licensees must have the following team compositions: Senior Mens, Under 20, Under 18, Under 16, Under 15, Under 14 and Under 13.

Subject to a successful application, FNQFC Heat and NQ Fury, are exempt from this provision until the commencement of the 2020 season.

Promotion/relegation is based on a championship model taking results from 18s, 20s and Men's, so I'm not sure how it would work if those clubs don't have the 16s or 18s.  In fact, I don't know how it will work even if they do have those age groups, seeing as it's only the Men's team that travels around the state at the moment.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

aussieshorter - 30 May 2017 10:49 AM
TheSelectFew - 30 May 2017 10:31 AM

It's not particularly clear, but this is the information pack - http://footballqueensland.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/2018-Information-Pack-PS4NPLQLD-Men.pdf

This statement is made:
Both PlayStation 4 National Premier Leagues Queensland and Queensland Premier League licensees must have the following team compositions: Senior Mens, Under 20, Under 18, Under 16, Under 15, Under 14 and Under 13.

Subject to a successful application, FNQFC Heat and NQ Fury, are exempt from this provision until the commencement of the 2020 season.

Promotion/relegation is based on a championship model taking results from 18s, 20s and Men's, so I'm not sure how it would work if those clubs don't have the 16s or 18s.  In fact, I don't know how it will work even if they do have those age groups, seeing as it's only the Men's team that travels around the state at the moment.

But I interpret that as only the juniors will be ineligible for relegation. So they can be relegated.

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

TheSelectFew - 30 May 2017 11:07 AM
aussieshorter - 30 May 2017 10:49 AM

But I interpret that as only the juniors will be ineligible for relegation. So they can be relegated.

But how are the Championship points calculated for Northern Fury if they don't have an 18s or 20s side playing in the NPL?

azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Mackay & Whitsundays Magpies Crusaders United - how the fuck did that name get approved?
gmcker
gmcker
Under 7s
Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)

aussieshorter - 29 May 2017 1:31 PM
The surprises for me would be:
- Mackay straight into the NPL
- Southside Eagles in the QPL.  They must have upgrades planned for their facilities, because they are poor at the moment.
- Two newly formed Gold Coast teams.  They might struggle.
- Wide Bay instead of Across the Waves.  I'm assuming this is a new club to be run by Wide Bay Football.  I would have preferred to see ATW given a chance.

Not bad things, just not what I expected.

ATW pulled out at the  very last minute. Looks like Wide Bay is a temporary name. I hope Wide Bay go back to the Wide Bay Revolution name. Unless WBR blotted their copybook, why the need to create something new.

Statement from ATW:

"Across The Waves Football Club is pleased that football players in the Wide Bay zone will have a pathway via the Wide Bay Football Clubs inclusion in the FQPL announced by Football Queensland today.

ATWFC Is committed to working with this new entity for the betterment of football in our zone.

With the new club being formed centrally in our zone, it should make for a unified club truly representing Wide Bay.

ATWFC had submitted an application but came to the conclusion that, at this time in the clubs evolution, our application would be unsustainable.

We thank everyone who worked hard during the application process.

Whilst some people may be disappointed, the ATWFC committee believe this to be a great outcome for Wide Bay Football.

Congratulations Football Wide Bay."

Edited
7 Years Ago by gmcker
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

gmcker - 30 May 2017 12:51 PM
aussieshorter - 29 May 2017 1:31 PM

ATW pulled out at the  very last minute. Looks like Wide Bay is a temporary name. I hope Wide Bay go back to the Wide Bay Revolution name. Unless WBR blotted their copybook, why the need to create something new.

Statement from ATW:

"Across The Waves Football Club is pleased that football players in the Wide Bay zone will have a pathway via the Wide Bay Football Clubs inclusion in the FQPL announced by Football Queensland today.

ATWFC Is committed to working with this new entity for the betterment of football in our zone.

With the new club being formed centrally in our zone, it should make for a unified club truly representing Wide Bay.

ATWFC had submitted an application but came to the conclusion that, at this time in the clubs evolution, our application would be unsustainable.

We thank everyone who worked hard during the application process.

Whilst some people may be disappointed, the ATWFC committee believe this to be a great outcome for Wide Bay Football.

Congratulations Football Wide Bay."

Thanks for that.  Disappointing, but understandable.

I can see a representative Wide Bay team struggling though.  A club like ATW with facilities and known for being one of the better local sides would have attracted the top players.  Hopefully this new team can do the same, but I have my doubts.

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

My goal for 2018 is to see all of the 28 clubs play at least once.

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

So we have 

Gold Coast City, Gold Coast Galaxy and Gold Coast Athletic..... that all have blue and yellow as their colours?
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

scott21 - 30 May 2017 11:08 PM
So we have 

Gold Coast City, Gold Coast Galaxy and Gold Coast Athletic..... that all have blue and yellow as their colours?

No idea about Galaxy or Athletic as they are both new clubs.  The crest would suggest blue and yellow though. 

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

aussieshorter - 31 May 2017 8:33 AM
scott21 - 30 May 2017 11:08 PM

No idea about Galaxy or Athletic as they are both new clubs.  The crest would suggest blue and yellow though. 

Maybe Galaxy will play in white but still

New Gold Coast clubs for state soccer (from left) Danny Maher (Athletic), Alex Bundalo (Galaxy), Geoff Smith (Athletic), Mark Anderson (Galaxy) and Troy Bingham (athletic). Photo from Danny Maher (no credit)
New Gold Coast clubs for state soccer (from left) Danny Maher (Athletic), Alex Bundalo (Galaxy), Geoff Smith (Athletic), Mark Anderson (Galaxy) and Troy Bingham (athletic). Photo from Danny Maher (no credit)

Perry Park
Perry Park
Under 7s
Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)

Not sure if this has been raised since last Friday's announcement but it appears that 4 out of the 14 teams in next year's NPL Qld will be exempt from relegation!  If true that's outrageous! 

We already know both Heat and Fury cannot be relegated in 2018 and 2019.  I think we can safely assume the same rule will apply to Mackay.  Added to that I also believe Roar will get special exemption. 

So here we have a competition where a club who finishes 9th (out of 14) could be relegated!! 

Why Heat and Fury are given a free pass is beyond me.  Surely between FQ and the club's they should've been able to not only field the U20 and U18 teams but come to an arrangement to help towards additional travel costs.  It's not like all parties weren't aware of the new points system starting next year.  Or am I giving FQ too much credit for being somewhat organised?

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

scott21 - 31 May 2017 8:22 PM
aussieshorter - 31 May 2017 8:33 AM

Maybe Galaxy will play in white but still

Hellas!

clivesundies
clivesundies
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Perry Park - 1 Jun 2017 4:43 PM
Not sure if this has been raised since last Friday's announcement but it appears that 4 out of the 14 teams in next year's NPL Qld will be exempt from relegation!  If true that's outrageous! 

We already know both Heat and Fury cannot be relegated in 2018 and 2019.  I think we can safely assume the same rule will apply to Mackay.  Added to that I also believe Roar will get special exemption. 

So here we have a competition where a club who finishes 9th (out of 14) could be relegated!! 

Why Heat and Fury are given a free pass is beyond me.  Surely between FQ and the club's they should've been able to not only field the U20 and U18 teams but come to an arrangement to help towards additional travel costs.  It's not like all parties weren't aware of the new points system starting next year.  Or am I giving FQ too much credit for being somewhat organised?

I now think you are right how ridiculous is that. Have also read today that Capalaba and maybe one other club are taking legal action against FQ because of the decision making process. How about we let a game of football decide who is in the top division and who isnt for a change. 
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)

clivesundies - 6 Jun 2017 5:48 PM
Perry Park - 1 Jun 2017 4:43 PM

I now think you are right how ridiculous is that. Have also read today that Capalaba and maybe one other club are taking legal action against FQ because of the decision making process. How about we let a game of football decide who is in the top division and who isnt for a change. 

Source?

gmcker
gmcker
Under 7s
Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)

No Totti No Party - 6 Jun 2017 10:58 PM
clivesundies - 6 Jun 2017 5:48 PM

Source?

Capalaba's social media channels.

And Everyone Blamed Clive
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

azzaMVFC - 30 May 2017 11:43 AM
Mackay & Whitsundays Magpies Crusaders United - how the fuck did that name get approved?

on what grounds can you refuse it ?

Brisbane Roar got Ok'd

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search