Travel Thread

Travel Thread

Author
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Won't go into detail, but fortunately the trip is free for me. Except for just flying down.
Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

pv4 - 20 Feb 2017 10:35 AM
LFC. - 20 Feb 2017 9:26 AM

:lol: bloody Mums. 

One story of our family that we still hold against Mum to this day was when my niece had to fly from Sydney to Perth on her own as a youngen. Mum sorted the flights etc, and told us that my nieces flight left Sydney at 7:25am. Dad asked if he could check it and got in a tonne of trouble for not trusting Mum, "belittling her", etc. So Dad, my niece & I got up bloody early, headed down to Sydney, rocked up to the airport and found out that her flight left at 5:25pm, or 1725. A phone call to Mum & boy had the tables turned :lol: 

We ended up having a really nice day cruising around Sydney with the niece though, so it was all OK in the end. But never again has Mum been trusted with times/dates/important details and if she challenges us on it, we always bring up that day :lol:

:laugh:
Love it mate. Damn, its the same everywhere, wife/Mum always makes out not to belittle her they know what they are doing, bitter sweet when the tables are turned and never to live it down lol.......rippa storey pv.

Wow Interlaken !
mcjules, air tickets are amazing how much they fluctuate - true re Shanghai return for eg, I mostly fly Qantas and do near on 6 china return a year and at times I've been charged A$1500-1700 down to A$900 - $600 like wtf.
Do USA annually - Vegas return business conference. Those return flights vary just as much same as the hotel bookings.

Love Football

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

So anyone done any cruises.

My mother in law was taking my wife on a cruise later this year then i get a call Monday morning saying that I'm going too (as well as my sister in laws boyfriend)... anyway turns out we leave on anzac day... so less than a month. 

Not too keen on it but never been on one and am just trying to see if anyone's got some tips 

Carnival Spirit
10 days

Lifou
Mystery island
noumea 
Mare

Apparently they don't do a drinks package which is a bummer but massive range of food. 

Is it really as tacky as i envisioned? Will i be forever dodging wheelchairs, mobility scooters and whinging children?

Will be an interesting experience. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Cruise's.
Some love them, some don't, just depends on what stage in life your at as well and type of holidays preferred AND what the cruise has marketed at the time.
Even having a family of 3 I just find it to OTT re kids, more so the ones that Mum and Dad have left them at their own devise's and are lacking manners, seems quite the norm today.
Not for me - I'm not tolerant enough my wife keeps reminding me !
Eat and drink all you like, this is great value as long as you don't abuse your drinking for this adds up quickly with great weather sitting back putting away cocktails or whatever is your poison.
Carnival is not a bad liner, farfar better than P&O. Its not that tacky.
Overall not my go to holiday - I hate being caged up so to speak, I'm more active type for hols but its not too bad being 10days you'll survive.
The wife loves them because she hardly needs to do a thing but chill out.
Pray the seas are pretty steady - if your prone to sea sickness be prepared, get a shot from the local GP prior to departure and take some prescribed pills just in case.
Making use of the ships quack is a great cash cow for the company.

Love Football

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

LFC. - 30 Mar 2017 3:30 PM
Cruise's.
Some love them, some don't, just depends on what stage in life your at as well and type of holidays preferred AND what the cruise has marketed at the time.
Even having a family of 3 I just find it to OTT re kids, more so the ones that Mum and Dad have left them at their own devise's and are lacking manners, seems quite the norm today.
Not for me - I'm not tolerant enough my wife keeps reminding me !
Eat and drink all you like, this is great value as long as you don't abuse your drinking for this adds up quickly with great weather sitting back putting away cocktails or whatever is your poison.
Carnival is not a bad liner, farfar better than P&O. Its not that tacky.
Overall not my go to holiday - I hate being caged up so to speak, I'm more active type for hols but its not too bad being 10days you'll survive.
The wife loves them because she hardly needs to do a thing but chill out.
Pray the seas are pretty steady - if your prone to sea sickness be prepared, get a shot from the local GP prior to departure and take some prescribed pills just in case.
Making use of the ships quack is a great cash cow for the company.

Cheers, although I'm not a hugely outdoorsy kinda guy (even though that's all I ever used to be) whenever we go on holidays I don't really want to be sitting around, unless its in a craft beer venue. the missus loves to lounge about and chill, which means that we either separate or she gets dragged about. I'm keen for the islands and getting off the ship but much like you I fear I'm going to feel like I'm caged up. I will take some sea sickness meds just in case, though had it once and I think anyone would've been that day.

We shall see how it pans out
I guess the bonus is, as much as I don't think its right that the mother in law is blowing all her money on this shit (I only accepted as she had literally spent $100,000 on a cruise for my wifes other sisters and partners last year), it is a free trip for us, other than personal expenses (drinks etc)

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Take a seasick tablet every morning and you won't need to find out if you get sea sick or not. That's what I did when I went on a cruise and it was easy.

I did a cruise from Syd to NZ. 

The at-sea days were the killers. Loved the days we hopped off the ship and adventured. 

Also the idea of the scheduled meal times etc killed me. There didn't seem to be "freedom" that you get on other holidays. 

But a good experience and worth the trip in the end!
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

pv4 - 31 Mar 2017 10:30 AM
Take a seasick tablet every morning and you won't need to find out if you get sea sick or not. That's what I did when I went on a cruise and it was easy.

I did a cruise from Syd to NZ. 

The at-sea days were the killers. Loved the days we hopped off the ship and adventured. 

Also the idea of the scheduled meal times etc killed me. There didn't seem to be "freedom" that you get on other holidays. 

But a good experience and worth the trip in the end!

Yeah i was planning on just taking the seasickness tablet anyway.
As for the strict meal times, with 16 bars and restaurants there's always something to eat, including 24hr pizza (which speaking to a friend is actually good) and some other 24hr stuff. The bars have really flexible bar snacks and meals too so hopefully that should get me through, probably come off 10kg heavier, i hope the at sea days won't be as frustrating i imagine it will be. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

LFC. - 21 Feb 2017 10:49 AM
pv4 - 20 Feb 2017 10:35 AM

:laugh:
Love it mate. Damn, its the same everywhere, wife/Mum always makes out not to belittle her they know what they are doing, bitter sweet when the tables are turned and never to live it down lol.......rippa storey pv.

Wow Interlaken !
mcjules, air tickets are amazing how much they fluctuate - true re Shanghai return for eg, I mostly fly Qantas and do near on 6 china return a year and at times I've been charged A$1500-1700 down to A$900 - $600 like wtf.
Do USA annually - Vegas return business conference. Those return flights vary just as much same as the hotel bookings.

I was returning from Europe the first time after a year away and told my mum I was landing at 7 am on the 5th. I was actually departing Malaysia on the evening of the 5th, arriving in Sydney on the 6th. The +1 day just didn't catch my attention rather the final date printed. 

She got up at 5am. Drove down the F3 and when I didn't come out the airline didn't want to tell her where I was. Dad came and got me the next day.
Scotch&Coke
Scotch&Coke
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

scubaroo - 31 Mar 2017 7:49 PM
pv4 - 31 Mar 2017 10:30 AM

Yeah i was planning on just taking the seasickness tablet anyway.
As for the strict meal times, with 16 bars and restaurants there's always something to eat, including 24hr pizza (which speaking to a friend is actually good) and some other 24hr stuff. The bars have really flexible bar snacks and meals too so hopefully that should get me through, probably come off 10kg heavier, i hope the at sea days won't be as frustrating i imagine it will be. 

Be careful with the bar.  Me and a few mates went around Vanuatu and nearby islands.  We bought what was meant to be an unlimited alcohol package yet we were pretty much interned after we looked even slightly pissed.  They didn't let us drink for the next three days because they thought we were trouble.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

Scotch&Coke - 1 Apr 2017 12:03 PM
scubaroo - 31 Mar 2017 7:49 PM

Be careful with the bar.  Me and a few mates went around Vanuatu and nearby islands.  We bought what was meant to be an unlimited alcohol package yet we were pretty much interned after we looked even slightly pissed.  They didn't let us drink for the next three days because they thought we were trouble.

Carnical don't do alcohol packages if your cruise originates from an australiab port so thats a bit annoying, but i also hate shit beer, not a wine drinker and dont really drink spirits so i probably won't drink that much.  Having said that, i may get on it one or two nights.  Depends. Don't really have a huge amount of cash to spend as we didn't really plan going away in a month. My mum and sister went on a Sydney to Melbourne cruise and spent over $300 in two nights so i have to watch my cash. 
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Has anyone been to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem?

I am a little interested, there are tv ads every match I was Bundesliga. 

I always wanted to go to Istanbul, for the food, but have left it too late now as it is dodgy. 

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

scott21 - 4 Apr 2017 12:34 AM
Has anyone been to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem?

I am a little interested, there are tv ads every match I was Bundesliga. 

I always wanted to go to Istanbul, for the food, but have left it too late now as it is dodgy. 

Israel tourism is heavily marketed in Germany. I keep telling myself shit can happen anywhere though I'd feel a bit more nervous in Israel or Turkey. A real shame as I'd like to go to Turkey.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

I'd feel safer in Israel than France. I think Israel has good security.

Turkey I hear is getting worse, a part from being a terror risk, they have banned alcohol at many places and eg tourist boat trips etc as the president is turning it into a much stricter country.
Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

SocaWho - 11 May 2016 3:57 PM
Condemned666 wrote:
Anyone ever seen one of these things?->

http://www.ancient-origins.net/sites/default/files/Ziggurat-of-Ur-remains.jpg

Its a Ziggurat, like a pyramid but Mesopotamian

Looks like something out of game of thrones

I lived next to the Ziggurat of Ur for six months, the biblical prophet Abraham lived at its base. The ancient city of Uruk is also nearby, along with a ton of Babylonian sites. The neighbourhood has gone downhill since then and there is little else in the way of entertainment nearby.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Has anyone travelled for fun runs? 

My old man is heading up this wkend to the Gold Coast for a half marathon and I have a small, pipedream idea for early-to-mid next year to travel overseas for a marathon. Anyone done a run abroad before?
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

johnszasz - 7 Apr 2017 4:52 AM
scott21 - 4 Apr 2017 12:34 AM

Israel tourism is heavily marketed in Germany. I keep telling myself shit can happen anywhere though I'd feel a bit more nervous in Israel or Turkey. A real shame as I'd like to go to Turkey.

I feel safer in Israel than South Africa. 

ARNIE= LEGEND

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

We felt perfectly fine in Paris during Jan this year, plenty of security but as well know things happen.
Talking London we went to Barrow Markets London Bridge etc after Paris.
Timing, its all about timing, what can you do, this is life today.

Were looking to set up the next trip for 2018, Portugal/Paris and regional/Italy.

Love Football

vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

My wife 2 kids and i are travelling to Europe in August. We were going over there for a wedding which has now been called off so doesn't matter for us we will go anyway.

First time i have been to europe so i am pretty excited/nervous.

We fly to Manchester first and im hoping to watch everton first game of the season at home to stoke.
picking up a car from liverpool and driving wales then along the bottom of england doing stonehenge and cottsworlds.
After all that driving we are taking the kids to stay at legoland the night which btw costs a fortune $1000 a night but includes breakfast and dinner and tickets into legoland.
Then off to horsham for 4 days to where the wedding was going to be haha then back to london for 4 nights and off to italy for a week and a half.

Whilst i have been very excited since the day we booked i am becoming a little nervous about the trip due to all the action that has been happening. 
Edited
7 Years Ago by vincenzogold
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Vincenzogold, my wife had the same concerns when we went on our 5 1/2wks from last Christmas.
Paris first - a real worry for her - no probs touch wood good timing I say.
London next - no worries again good timing and we went to Barrow Markets London Bridge and all the other typical tourist sights - oh yer Spurs Chelski game at WHL, again good timing no worries. By the way, despite the currency exchange loss to the $lb we thought you got alot more when shopping but we had sales time.
Portugal Spain then Italy.
I told her what do you do stay home, turned out great obviously - good timing.
By the way, Italy was the best for me :) loved all the trip but I just loved it there the most, she also thought Rome was the best overall.
Enjoy mate.

Love Football

Mur Ray
Mur Ray
Super Fan
Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)

Hey guys, I am 20 years old and travelling to Europe for the first time at the end of the year and I cant wait. Will be starting in Stockholm in mid November where I will be staying with a friend who lives there before making my way down to Germany to stay for a week or so by myself. Then I'll head off to the Uk, staying in London for 10 days then in Edinburgh for 5-7 days before finishing the trip with a contiki tour. 
As its my first time travelling largely solo, let alone travelling in Europe, I would love some advice. My biggest reservation i have about the trip is that I will be over there during winter and not only will getting out and about become difficult with the weather, it will also be the off season for tourism. As much as I cant wait to see the all the sights without the crowds, I am still interested in meeting lots of people and 'partying'. I will be staying in hostels for the most part, but will I have trouble meeting young people and other tourists like myself in winter? Does anyone have recommendations as which hostels are best for young people that time of year? Also any tips for a novice traveler like myself would be greatly appreciated. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

Mur Ray - 14 Jul 2017 1:08 PM
Hey guys, I am 20 years old and travelling to Europe for the first time at the end of the year and I cant wait. Will be starting in Stockholm in mid November where I will be staying with a friend who lives there before making my way down to Germany to stay for a week or so by myself. Then I'll head off to the Uk, staying in London for 10 days then in Edinburgh for 5-7 days before finishing the trip with a contiki tour. 
As its my first time travelling largely solo, let alone travelling in Europe, I would love some advice. My biggest reservation i have about the trip is that I will be over there during winter and not only will getting out and about become difficult with the weather, it will also be the off season for tourism. As much as I cant wait to see the all the sights without the crowds, I am still interested in meeting lots of people and 'partying'. I will be staying in hostels for the most part, but will I have trouble meeting young people and other tourists like myself in winter? Does anyone have recommendations as which hostels are best for young people that time of year? Also any tips for a novice traveler like myself would be greatly appreciated. 

You will meet all the other young travellers that thought that it would be quiet during winter. 
As for weather being a hassle it really shouldn't, i mean unless some sort of major weather event happens, if the locals can get around you can get around. 
Also learn a little of the language of wherever you may be, even just a little will earn you respect. 
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

mcjules - 20 Feb 2017 10:34 AM

Back in oz Zimbos? Probably wont be doing any big travel for a while but I'll keep your offer in mind :)

so sorry mate, did not see this post. Do not venture on the forums often. Mostly keep in contact with forum members via facebook, so hit me up on there if you need anything. 

Yeah back now. Not really enjoying being back, but I can't control that unfortunately so just kind of having to go about the daily grind at the moment. 

you will still get access to all the attractions, you just need to be aware that weather can affect what is open and when. If it is windy, don't even think of trying to go to Edinburgh Castle. Other than that, everything is pretty much open in the winter and it does affect the crowds, so it can be beneficial. I loved seeing things when it was snowing etc. Always be sure to wrap up warm. Do not underestimate the cold.  Getting around and a bit is very easy wherever for the places you are going to. 

Edited
7 Years Ago by zimbos_05
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

RedKat - 26 Jun 2017 1:39 PM
johnszasz - 7 Apr 2017 4:52 AM
t
I feel safer in Israel than South Africa. 

I pushed really hard to get to Israel but the week I was booking a holiday there were more police killed in Jerusalem. So that was denied by the wife. Also the German tourist getting killed and being Eygpt ruled itself out. 

I was trying to find a place over new years. Teneriffe & Malta are 12c-20c , Cape Verde and Tanzania didnt look worth the money. Dubai/UAE was the closet option but I didnt like it there. I have booked Kuala Lumpur. My daughter will almost be 2 so we cant hang out at a beach or pool all day anyway. Shopping, AC and food. Never been to Malaysia. 
Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
pv4
pv4
Legend

If I were to potentially have 2 weeks in Germany, more than likely located in or around Hamburg as base, what would be people's recommendations of things to do, places to go, etc? 
Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

Jordan is a great alternative to Israel. Dead Sea, Petra and Jerash are all worth a day or two, as is Amman. Safe, easy to get around and great fun.
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

scott21 - 15 Aug 2017 8:26 PM
RedKat - 26 Jun 2017 1:39 PM

I pushed really hard to get to Israel but the week I was booking a holiday there were more police killed in Jerusalem. So that was denied by the wife. Also the German tourist getting killed and being Eygpt ruled itself out. 

I was trying to find a place over new years. Teneriffe & Malta are 12c-20c , Cape Verde and Tanzania didnt look worth the money. Dubai/UAE was the closet option but I didnt like it there. I have booked Kuala Lumpur. My daughter will almost be 2 so we cant hang out at a beach or pool all day anyway. Shopping, AC and food. Never been to Malaysia. 

Madeira (Portugal) has one of the best new years in Europe. They have a festival in Funchal a few days before Xmas as well which is fantastic. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Madeira.
My wife's family come from Machico. We were there in Jan, love the whole island great spot for hols highly recommend.

Love Football

pv4
pv4
Legend

pv4 - 17 Aug 2017 1:31 PM
If I were to potentially have 2 weeks in Germany, more than likely located in or around Hamburg as base, what would be people's recommendations of things to do, places to go, etc? 

Alright jerks, someone answer me. I have just made the decision to do this madness. 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

pv4 - 25 Sep 2017 2:12 PM
pv4 - 17 Aug 2017 1:31 PM

Alright jerks, someone answer me. I have just made the decision to do this madness. 

I've only been to Munich personally but EVERYBODY I know says Berlin is the greatest city in Europe. I'd go there. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 25 Sep 2017 2:20 PM
pv4 - 25 Sep 2017 2:12 PM

I've only been to Munich personally but EVERYBODY I know says Berlin is the greatest city in Europe. I'd go there. 

If you're a WW2 / Cold War buff like me then Berlin is unreal.  We went there for 2 days to organise some visas back in the day and ended up staying for 2 weeks.  So much to do in Berlin itself but really anywhere you go in Germany is going to be great.

You're a lucky man, I'm jealous.

Member since 2008.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search