Travel Thread

Travel Thread

Author
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Vison wrote:
Hey fellas. Does anyone here have any suggestions on what to do in Bali (4 days), Kuala Lumpur (2 days) and Singapore (2 days)? I'm going next week and I have nothing planned haha!

May be too late! But when I went to Singapore I only had a couple of days too.

Universal studios, and singapore slings.
YerNathanael
YerNathanael
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
paulbagzFC wrote:
Finally made it to Tokyo after leaving Cairns @ midday today.

Sleep times.

-PB

How are you finding the heat? Depending on what you are doing a sweat towel will be a great investment.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

If I won the loterry I'd buy a house at Hakone.

Place is pristine.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

YerNathanael
YerNathanael
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Arrived back this morning after 2 and a half weeks in Japan. Absolutely loved the culcha 10/10 would go back again - maybe not in summer though.
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I will never look at this place as merely some rare castle in the Australasian region :( ->

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

YerNathanael wrote:
Arrived back this morning after 2 and a half weeks in Japan. Absolutely loved the culcha 10/10 would go back again - maybe not in summer though.

Yeah that was fucked haha.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

^ Its just another beach? In all honesty, yet it draws British tourists mindlessly

Im not sure what the obsession with the beach is anyway?
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Some good ideas for when you come to the best city in Australia. Come to Hindmarsh too of course ;)
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/27/travel/what-to-do-in-36-hours-in-adelaide-australia.html

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Auckland is a bit shit.

It's like if you got Adelaide and filled it with Kiwis.

In fairness, all the advice I got from my Kiwi friends before I came here was "get out of Auckland". :lol:
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Auckland is a bit shit.

In fairness, all the advice I got from my Kiwi friends before I came here was "get out of Auckland". :lol:

Hmmm... maybe it's just me but i love going to Adelaide. The weather is good, there's lots of different faces to the city AND it has the weatsheaf hotel.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

scubaroo wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Auckland is a bit shit.

Hmmm... maybe it's just me but i love going to Adelaide. The weather is good, there's lots of different faces to the city AND it has the weatsheaf hotel.

None of these things are in Auckland. :lol:

I've been working my arse off for the last few weeks, just kicking back here for a few days before the game before I head out is doing me a world of good. :)
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
scubaroo wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Auckland is a bit shit.

None of these things are in Auckland. :lol:

I've been working my arse off for the last few weeks, just kicking back here for a few days before the game before I head out is doing me a world of good. :)

Yeah I've only spent a week in Auckland for work and play and it's nothing like Adelaide apart from it's size. I didn't hate my time there, the harbour was nice and the office I was situated in Takapuna had a top notch view of the boats sailing about. That part has a Sydney feel to it.

Heading down the island and spending time in Rotorua and Taupo (only had a weekend) was awesome though. Looking forward to taking my kids there one day.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

YerNathanael
YerNathanael
Semi-Pro

Has anybody here been on a TopDeck tour before? Been thinking of planning a trip through Scandinavia but I don't feel like going alone. I don't drink much and I was a bit worried it might be a bit of a piss up like Contiki. I'm really just looking for company for when I go sightseeing

Edited by YerNathanael: 30/12/2015 07:45:41 PM
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

YerNathanael wrote:
Has anybody here been on a TopDeck tour before? Been thinking of planning a trip through Scandinavia but I don't feel like going alone. I don't drink much and I was a bit worried it might be a bit of a piss up like Contiki. I'm really just looking for company for when I go sightseeing

My wife went about 7 years ago. Did a month around europe. She said that yeah people go out but its not a piss up trip like contiki. She isn't much of a drinker and just did what she wanted. She went with a friend who liked the booze but it still wasnt out of hand. She says you can make it what you want.
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro

Aurora Borealis anyone?

I don't know why I have the strange compulsion to go see something like this once in my life?

YerNathanael
YerNathanael
Semi-Pro

scubaroo wrote:
YerNathanael wrote:

My wife went about 7 years ago. Did a month around europe. She said that yeah people go out but its not a piss up trip like contiki. She isn't much of a drinker and just did what she wanted. She went with a friend who liked the booze but it still wasnt out of hand. She says you can make it what you want.

Awesome, thanks for help :)
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro

This is not that far, but has anyone been here->

Apart from French women escaping the miserable winter in France. Is there anything interesting about this place?
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

I'm heading on a work trip today to the following places:
Dubai: 2nd - 3rd April
Stockholm: 4th - 7th April

Anyone got any tips on cool things to do at those places this time of year?

So far all I have locked in is Hammarby vs Östersunds FK on Monday.
Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

Bowden wrote:
I'm heading on a work trip today to the following places:
Dubai: 2nd - 3rd April
Stockholm: 4th - 7th April

Anyone got any tips on cool things to do at those places this time of year?

So far all I have locked in is Hammarby vs Östersunds FK on Monday.

Where are you staying in Dubai? It is good to go car perving, also check out Atlantis. Great nightlife.

I just had a week in Denmark, great place.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Condemned666 wrote:

Aurora Borealis anyone?

I don't know why I have the strange compulsion to go see something like this once in my life?

most of my time in canada it was cloudy as fk when the sky was green

check out the aurora australis - it got right up to mid NSW last year...

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

inala brah wrote:
Condemned666 wrote:

Aurora Borealis anyone?

That's awesome. When and where is the best time to see them here?

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy wrote:
inala brah wrote:
Condemned666 wrote:

Aurora Borealis anyone?

here's your ticket.. nothing much doing this week.
http://www.aurora-service.net/aurora-forecast/

Edited by inala brah: 10/4/2016 05:58:43 PM

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Currently saving to go back to the US for 4 weeks next April.
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

inala brah wrote:
Condemned666 wrote:

Aurora Borealis anyone?

This one is my all time favourite.

E

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

inala brah wrote:
BrisbaneBhoy wrote:
inala brah wrote:
Condemned666 wrote:

Aurora Borealis anyone?

here's your ticket.. nothing much doing this week.
http://www.aurora-service.net/aurora-forecast/

Edited by inala brah: 10/4/2016 05:58:43 PM

Cheers pal brah :)

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

5 and 1/2 week European honeymoon from mid June to last week of July. First stop is Paris, conned the missus into attending a Euro 2016 game.

Keen as mustard

Edited by azzaMVFC: 12/4/2016 12:04:51 PM
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro

Anyone ever seen one of these things?->

Its a Ziggurat, like a pyramid but Mesopotamian
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Heading to Spain in a few weeks and will have 5 days to kill. Can anyone who's been recommend some cool things
to do? xx
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

Bowden wrote:
Heading to Spain in a few weeks and will have 5 days to kill. Can anyone who's been recommend some cool things
to do? xx

Depends on where you are and what you're into. Spent 3 weeks there last june. Madrid the best and Barcelona overrated.
When are you going?

Edited by scubaroo: 10/5/2016 11:12:34 PM
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Bowden wrote:
to do? xx

Apart from stalk Mat(t) Ryan?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search