1v1 Attacking and Defensive skill exercises

1v1 Attacking and Defensive skill exercises

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
I'll add to this with many exercises/techniques already in the dribbling thread.

Edited by Decentric: 11/5/2015 05:50:51 PM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPy8ol_2DKQ

This is the basic 1v1 exercise.

It is another of those great 1v1 exercises on the pitch, which develops both Attacking and Defensive 1v1 skills. It would be interesting to hear how many players viewing this video have done this on the training ground?

Unlike the video, don't have players inactive like Alf Galustian does. He has two players watching, which isn't good. They are wasting valuable training time.

However, when he has two lots of players starting from all four sides of the pitch, with two contests, it is a realistic match scenario. Therefore it is useful.

Edited by Decentric: 11/5/2015 05:31:10 PM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I'll add to a sequence of the 1v1 attacking evasion skills as set out in order of what the Skills Acquisition Program advocates.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

http://www.ehow.com/video_2360374_do-matthews-turn-soccer.html

Forget the explanation in the video, this is the shoulder feint or body swerve.

I've seen another instructional video of Stan Matthews demonstrating his signature Matthews Cut, and this is not it.](*,)

However, the explanation is good for the body swerve.=d>

This is probably the first 1v1 attacking technique coached in SAP.

Edited by Decentric: 11/5/2015 05:39:12 PM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwCZH1eYr9A

Some people find this Matthews Cut easier to do, than the shoulder feint, including top players who prefer it.

To try this in a stationary position, just use inside/outside/inside/outside of the same foot and continue.

It is also a useful move to practice, moving forwards, with every touch at 45 degrees.

Again inside/outside/inside/outside and continue.

Do this with both feet.

With each touch, the body naturally feints( begin dragged into effective body shape) as one touches the ball with each inside and outside of the foot cut.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVKgen5ZRBI&feature=related

The Cut.

Not sure where this fits into in terms of SAP sequences.

It is observable in a lot of pro football though.

Many current and former players reading this will have used this, even if they don't realise they do it.

In every world class player's video we've observed in this thread I think all of them would have used the Standard Cuts in a sequence of techniques.

I had only one player in a feeder rep team to an underage state team who could do it beautifully.

I struggle to coach this technique.](*,)

With just about every other move, the footwork required, automatically pulls on e's body shape into the correct body position when executing the technique. This Cut is an exception. Even with all the complex moves, I can assume correct body shape to impart them to players observing them, who then take them seriously.

With this Standard Cut, I've never had a big enough mirror, or a video, to show me I have the current body shape when imparting this technique. I could look like a complete goose.#-o

Then when showing players, they can think the move is stupid, if the coach looks stupid doing it.#-o

According to the coach in the video, the Cut is the most common evasion move. However, I think from observing football, the shoulder feint/body swerve is.

In his specific instruction I feel, and I could be wrong because his players are showing the positive results of his coaching, his instruction is not right.

With the two girls in the video, the taller girl uses her arms well, and is better at the Cut than the shorter girl. To me both look better than the coach.

If one can do this technique, the Cut, little can go wrong, in executing it. It is more a question of timing and distancing relative to the proximity of one's opponent .

Some reading this all be gobsmacked I can confidently coach nearly all techniques seen by the best players in the world in the videos, confidently, apart from the Elastic, like New Signing, and this Standard Cut.

The secret, and this is a massive difference between the KNVB coach education I've done (I think KNVB are unequivocally correct) and FFA modern coaching, is that the KNVB advocate slowing everything down into component parts in technique acquisition.

I've had some big debates with some FFA coaches about this. The difference is that many staff FFA coaches, cannot do these techniques, or learn them, because they try and learn them utilising the FFA doctrine to make everything realistic in realistic game time.

Any PE teacher or martial artist, or sports coach, in any other sport, or music teachers, knows the secret behind mastery of technique, is to acquire complex techniques slowly, then increase speed gradually.

I'm not sure, but I'd surmise Brazilian Socceroo Schools and Coerver coaches do the same. The KNVB certainly do.

Edited by Decentric: 11/5/2015 05:52:55 PM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjlzcqr8Hyo

This is the push/pull or stop /start.

This is a key SAP 1v1 evasion technique.

I haven't used it or coached it much.

PV4 has used it successfully in the NSW NPL.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

If anyone can do call the aforementioned 1v1 Attacking, evasion techniques on both sides of the body, in match scenarios against active opposition, this is more than most Aussie players have, apart from Archie, Kewell, Dukes, Rogic and Nathan Burns.

Josh Kennedy and Tom Cahill have none of them](*,)

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noe1XDvTTjI

Ironically, this is the hardest sole of the foot dribbling exercise, often known as the Brazilian drag or roll.

One of other options to learn this, is rolling like the coach in the video, but going from right to left, left to right, continued.

I'm looking for an easier backwards, forwards and sideways sole of the foot dribbling video.

Just cannot find a decent video for sole of the foot dribbling.](*,)

A player needs to stand with one foot on the ground and move the other foot to the top of the ball, touching it with the sole of the foot.

Then move the ball left and right, and backwards and forwards, this is enough. It should be repeated and repeated.

Then it needs to be done with the non-preferred foot.

With all the aforementioned techniques, this is enough for most players.

I'll add the much harder Brazilian techniques and other more advanced ones.

Edited by Decentric: 11/5/2015 06:14:52 PM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search