Roar Articles.

Roar Articles.

Author
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
If we are not gonna ban them, can we at least have a roar article alert in the titles so we can avoid them?

E

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

"9GABmeme420" wrote:
If we are not gonna ban them, can we at least have a roar article alert in the titles so we can avoid them?

This.

Save my poor virgin eyes from that filth.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Machine
Machine
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

+ 1 but I'm happy if it's only the amateur journo articles. The pro ones are fine.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Its not so much roar articles, its the fact that they are given threads. They are just rants. It would also be very easy to find a thread that already exists and post it there eg. Brisbane expansion , should go in expansion thread.
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Ban.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Machine wrote:
+ 1 but I'm happy if it's only the amateur journo articles. The pro ones are fine.

Yep orange roar only.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Agree - A ban on Roar articles as new threads unless they're "Pro" i.e. real journalist.

KA please approve thx.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Bowden wrote:
Agree - A ban on Roar articles as new threads unless they're "Pro" i.e. real journalist.

KA please approve thx.

Is it necessary?!

They're shit and all, but are we really that precious about it?

Just a little 'Roar:' at the start is fine. Those who want to read it can, and the precious ones can remain precious?
Kevin Airs
Kevin Airs
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

I'm happy to ban the non-pro ones - the rest are just the equivalent of forum posts. Let them come in here and post their views.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Kevin Airs wrote:
I'm happy to ban the non-pro ones - the rest are just the equivalent of forum posts. Let them come in here and post their views.

Is there any easy way to tell the difference?

-PB

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Kevin Airs wrote:

It's official! Thanks, Kev! :D
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

paulbagzFC wrote:
Kevin Airs wrote:

Is there any easy way to tell the difference?

-PB

The articles on their website are literally split into two columns - 'From the experts' and 'The Roar of the crowd', and are even colour-coded orange and blue respectively.

http://www.theroar.com.au/category/soccer/
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Yay!!!! The stifling of more opinions on a forum that already has its own football subculture where everyone agrees on 90% of things and bully those who disagree!!!!!
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Eastern Glory wrote:
Yay!!!! The stifling of more opinions on a forum that already has its own football subculture where everyone agrees on 90% of things and bully those who disagree!!!!!

They are welcome to post their opinions to FFT.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Eastern Glory wrote:

Can't fuck wit dis clique brahhhh.

-PB

macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

Can't fuck wit dis clique brahhhh.

-PB

[youtube]RubBzkZzpUA[/youtube]
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Eastern Glory wrote:

Don't worry m8, I'll help fellate Lucas Neill and Holger with you.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend

Draupnir wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

Don't worry m8, I'll help fellate Lucas Neill and Holger with you.

Only if you grow your beard back. Then you bring someone to the table that I could never offer them :lol:
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

"9GABmeme420" wrote:

Can we do the same for anything written by Safro. Just put his name at the start of the title.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Eastern Glory wrote:

Never thought of it like that.

I've thought of it usually as approximately 25 percent for and against issues raised, with 50% sitting on the fence.

What is that subculture, EG?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search