♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion Thread ♔ ♕ ♚ ♛

♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion...

Author
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
ryan2008 wrote:
Duncan

Geria-Burgess-Donachie-Smith

Brillante-Antonis

Amini

Maclaren-Taggart-Ikonomidis

Bench- De Silva, Galloway, Gersbach, etc

Maybe pick Wright as an overage CB, a right winger (Kruse or Leckie) and someone else.

The only changes i'd make is Irvine for Burgess and Chapman for Donachie.

And my over-age based player(s) would be Davidson and Maty Ryan.
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

TBH It's already apparent that the aged, Olympic Qualifying, under 23 team (With potential for over-agers) is a whole 'nother level, even, practically, 'Senior' level - so perhaps the Under 23s/Olyroos could have their own thread? Just listing teams like above in this thread, the same thread with new gen Joeys etc... just seems incongruous?

But also practically, the Olyroos team/s may generate alot of distinct chat and following, as we get into qualifying - especially if they progress? The potential talent pool, pool of talented players, for the 2016 Olyroo gen is widening and may well include some just concluded 1995/6 gen Young Socceroos (Ikonomidis, Burgess etc) and 'current' 1997/8 Young Socceroos gen pushing through - which De Silva already has done, Gersbach may too. These different generations also caused confusion for some posters just a little earlier as the 2015 generations are still not quite finished, certainly not the 2015 Joeys. Though they essentially have, or finished early, for the 2015 Young Socceroos (95/6) as they failed to progress from AFC Qualifying - so naturally all eyes with regards to the Young Socceroos, are already focussed on the coming 97/8 generation.

Edited by GloryPerth: 14/7/2015 11:47:16 PM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

I would agree but I would be afraid it would get lost amongst the shit that is written on 442 and the constant garbage articles. Id like to have a sub forum for all national teams and a league teams to prevent clutter.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

The stadiums have been announced for the 2015 AFF Youth Tournament with our games being held at the Laos National Stadium.

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

TSF you have me worried now. Where did you see this as all my info is the games will be in Phnom Penh. Loas is hundreds of K's away.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Sorry that was for the U19.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

10 days to go before the u16 AFF tourny starts. Mon!

switters
switters
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:

hopefully some youtube streams with plenty of bantz
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

switters wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

hopefully some youtube streams with plenty of bantz

Holy shit!!! How could i forget. Vietnamese are the best for a laugh.

Come to mention it i wonder if im still banned or if it changes from stream to stream.

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

First four games for the aussie boys will be played at the Olympic stadium phnom penh.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

JDB03 wrote:
First four games for the aussie boys will be played at the Olympic stadium phnom penh.

What condition is the pitch in?

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Just under a week to go.

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro

It's synthetic.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

JDB03 wrote:
It's synthetic.

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro

Would have preferred grass. Synthetic + 35 degrees + 70 percent humidity + 90min = Trouble #-o
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

JDB03 wrote:
Would have preferred grass. Synthetic + 35 degrees + 70 percent humidity + 90min = Trouble #-o

Not a fan personally.

fantastic
fantastic
Under 7s
Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)

Absolutely not a fan of synthetic. Don't think half these kids have played on it. Plus not good for growing bodies which are prone to injuries on this turf. Conditions as stayed above will effect the teams performance IMHO, but hoping the boys acclimatize during the week before their first game.

From what I've heard, kids have not been told to get astro boots either as the schedules came only in the last few days. Only SG & FG. Will this effect their play and should it be a concern for injuries? Considering these kids have a World Cup qualifier a month later.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

I have heard its tough on joints ie knees and ankles. I had a hip injury recently and i noticed that as i got better the pain would progress to the knees and then went down to the ankles. I wonder if these tough surfaces have a similar affect.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I know results aren't important at under 15 level but the FNSW NTC team which competed in the Manchester Premier Cup have achieved a couple decent results by drawing with Man United and Real Madrid!

They also drew with the african champions and narrowly lost to a Rapid Wien 2-1 conceding in the second half just today.

7 of these boys in the FNSW are in the Joeys squad, promising.

Some very talented players we might from in the future we hope!
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Barca4Life wrote:
I know results aren't important at under 15 level but the FNSW NTC team which competed in the Manchester Premier Cup have achieved a couple decent results by drawing with Man United and Real Madrid!

They also drew with the african champions and narrowly lost to a Rapid Wien 2-1 conceding in the second half just today.

7 of these boys in the FNSW are in the Joeys squad, promising.

Some very talented players we might from in the future we hope!

My argument is and always has been that the best will play a number of games at youth level and be retained.

scotty21
scotty21
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

JDB03 wrote:

Played on a Synthetic pitch on a 42 degree day in pre season one year. Wasn't a good experience.

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro

Not real happy about the Synthetic as my son has been playing on grass all year so might take some time to adjust. Lets hope that its a quality synthetic which then boots with blades will be ok.
As for the NSW boys they are all quality players and it goes to show that we are getting closer to our overseas brothers. My older son played in the man u cup 3 years ago with Kelior Park SC and got blown away by Santos (brazil) and Inter Milan did ok v man utd, Turkish side and Tunisia but the standard of the top sides was mind blowing. I cant wait to see how we stack up v the Asian teams. Will give you all a report when I get back.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

3 days till start of comoetition.

Griffindinho
Griffindinho
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I swear we should win this tournament
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Griffindinho wrote:
I swear we should win this tournament

Depends how seriously they take this. We have a horrible track record and are notorious tankers at underage levels.

Fuck me dead take it serious.

Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

2016 U/16 AFC Championship qualifiers are longer at AAMI Park in Melbourne according to wikipedia and the afc website links and instead it will be played at Vietnam Youth Football Training Centre in Hanoi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_AFC_U-16_Championship_qualification
http://www.the-afc.com/afcasfeeds?view=all&id=174&type=Stage

Edited by Brenton1986: 24/7/2015 09:27:38 PM
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

Brenton1986 wrote:
2016 U/16 AFC Championship qualifiers are longer at AAMI Park in Melbourne according to wikipedia and the afc website links and instead it will be played at Vietnam Youth Football Training Centre in Hanoi.

Thats very bad, Vietnam are very strong at home especially when it comes to its youth teams.
Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

2016 U/19 AFC Championship qualifiers for our U/19 team are going to be played in Laos between October 2nd and October 6th at Laos National Stadium in Vientiane

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_AFC_U-19_Championship_qualification
http://www.the-afc.com/afcasfeeds?view=all&id=175&type=Stage
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Barca4Life wrote:
Brenton1986 wrote:

Thats very bad, Vietnam are very strong at home especially when it comes to its youth teams.

Thats cos their pitches are shit.

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro

Vic boys flew out to Sydney yesterday and will be on there way to Cambodia today. Im sure they will take it seriously as I think the result does have an effect on ranking. I would think they will have to use the whole 23 boys due to conditions and gives the coaches a chance to see what they all bring to the table.
As for the AFC qualifiers I am spewing not only because the family wont get to see my boy but now I have to spend more money to go to Vietnam #-o
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search