♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion Thread ♔ ♕ ♚ ♛

♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion...

Author
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Btw the full squad list should be up in the next few days from what im told.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Draupnir wrote:
GloryPerth wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
Yes and no. It's a bit hit and miss but there are some kids that stand out instantly. De Silva Antoni, Bulut, Scorey Goalmeiro. Also this is off season and I am genuinely bored out of my mind.

Ive been following these tournaments since 09. Id say its 50/50 and gets better from u19 onwards. The rest are about AL grade.

Indeed, keep up the good work TSF! But also kind of point was, even with yourself - following since 2009 - As we get older and these kids get younger, so young at some stage that we were even 'old' when they were just born. To think - these lads were just 4 or 5 years old when John Aloisi's penalty sent us to the World Cup?! :o

You're making me depressed mate. As each day passes I move closer and closer to that horrible position of the father that stands on the sideline and lives his football dreams vicariously though his son.

And I don't even have a fucking son :lol:

Edited by Draupnir: 11/7/2015 03:34:00 AM

Yeah oi fuck off mate I'm only 24 :lol: all downhill after 21 I guess. I only started following because a former class mate played u16 roos and then had trials for the youth team. Now playing for Western Suburbs so his head didnt match the skill.

Ill be telling my son just to break legs. Worked well for Muscat. (Y)

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

JDB03 wrote:
Btw the full squad list should be up in the next few days from what im told.

Awesome. So keen to see the names.

clivesundies
clivesundies
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Barca4Life wrote:
clivesundies wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
clivesundies wrote:

Keep an eye on the only queenslander Rahmat Akbari he is a 9 and something special.

Who does he play for? Any clips?

I believe he came from Loganholme then Strikers for a couple of years and this season Roar u18npl. He is the top scorer in the Qld u18 npl although only turning 15 this year. Have a look on the qld npl videos for clips.

Has he gone through the Skillaroos/SAP Program too? Alot of these players would have gone through SAP training for a least 2 or 3 years now.

Yea i remember he was involved but that isnt why he is special. In my opinion any way.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

clivesundies wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
clivesundies wrote:

Keep an eye on the only queenslander Rahmat Akbari he is a 9 and something special.

I believe he came from Loganholme then Strikers for a couple of years and this season Roar u18npl. He is the top scorer in the Qld u18 npl although only turning 15 this year. Have a look on the qld npl videos for clips.

That's ridiculous!!!
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

clivesundies wrote:
Barca4Life wrote:
clivesundies wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
clivesundies wrote:

Has he gone through the Skillaroos/SAP Program too? Alot of these players would have gone through SAP training for a least 2 or 3 years now.

Yea i remember he was involved but that isnt why he is special. In my opinion any way.

Oh of course not, it's curious to know if the pathway the FFA have implemented regards talent ID is working to some extent.

Ive heard from a friend there is young lad who plays for FNSW under 16s and he's a very talented left footed No.10 he saw him play and the rest of that team in the Man United Cup a few weeks back he thought he was the standout player in the whole tournament i hope he is included too.

Edited by Barca4life: 11/7/2015 06:30:03 PM
clivesundies
clivesundies
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Barca4Life wrote:
clivesundies wrote:
Barca4Life wrote:
clivesundies wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
clivesundies wrote:

Oh of course not, it's curious to know if the pathway the FFA have implemented regards talent ID is working to some extent.

Ive heard from a friend there is young lad who plays for FNSW under 16s and he's a very talented left footed No.10 he saw him play and the rest of that team in the Man United Cup a few weeks back he thought he was the standout player in the whole tournament i hope he is included too.

Edited by Barca4life: 11/7/2015 06:30:03 PM

He was certainly identified early but wasnt in either u13 nor u14 Qld state teams at the National titles, i am told he was selected but for whatever reason didnt attend.

I think there is some confusion surrounding .the u16 and u17 tournaments. The qualifying rounds for the u17 world cup in Chile this year has already been played and we have qualified via the u16 asian cup .played last September.
The players that are now being selected are u15s trying to qualify for next years u16 Asian cup.

Edited by clivesundies: 12/7/2015 07:53:23 PM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

And that's the way it should be. The kids coming up should be trying to force out some of last years crop to make the side.

As harsh as it sounds its the reality.

clivesundies
clivesundies
Semi-Pro

TheSelectFew wrote:
And that's the way it should be. The kids coming up should be trying to force out some of last years crop to make the side.

No thats not what is happening, the players that have been selected for the u16 qualifiers are not replacing anyone, they are the new crop. The players that represented us last year at the u16 asian cup are now 17 and will mostly represent us again at the u17 world cup.

Confusing i know but i hope that adds some clarity for you.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

clivesundies wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

No thats not what is happening, the players that have been selected for the u16 qualifiers are not replacing anyone, they are the new crop. The players that represented us last year at the u16 asian cup are now 17 and will mostly represent us again at the u17 world cup.

So they can't make it into the 2017 cup squad you're saying. Even if they do well?

clivesundies
clivesundies
Semi-Pro

TheSelectFew wrote:
clivesundies wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

So they can't make it into the 2017 cup squad you're saying. Even if they do well?

Yes they can but the next u17 world cup is this October 2015 in Chile, the one you have on your list. The 2017 u17 world cup is in India i think.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

clivesundies wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
clivesundies wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Yes they can but the next u17 world cup is this October 2015 in Chile, the one you have on your list. The 2017 u17 world cup is in India i think.

See what happens in the aff cup. What if there is an outstanding player.

Edited by TheSelectFew: 13/7/2015 10:34:37 AM

Victory>Heart
Victory>Heart
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Asked this earlier, do we have any confirmation this is in Melbs?
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

None so im going to change the headline.

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Undies is correct the squad that is going to the AFF cup this month are all 2000/2001 born players. The current Joeys squad are all 98/99 born. WC 2015 is in Chile and the 2017 WC is in India. Tony Vidmar is the coach of both these sides and once the current Joeys squad finishes off the year the new 2000 born squad will take over for the next two years. Also yes the 2000's would have a chance to be selected into the current 98 squad but would be unlikely. The current Joeys is a very good group of players.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

JDB03 wrote:
Undies is correct the squad that is going to the AFF cup this month are all 2000/2001 born players. The current Joeys squad are all 98/99 born. WC 2015 is in Chile and the 2017 WC is in India. Tony Vidmar is the coach of both these sides and once the current Joeys squad finishes off the year the new 2000 born squad will take over for the next two years. Also yes the 2000's would have a chance to be selected into the current 98 squad but would be unlikely. The current Joeys is a very good group of players.

Are we close to revealing the names?

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro

Its up on the FFA web site under News.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Quote:
Joeys squad announced for AFF Youth Championships
image: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/di/library/Football_Australia/32/1e/the-joeys-at-the-afc-u-16-championship-in-thailand_1uudfy5m1lbo714oac5er6xvck.jpg?t=-2059056466
The Joeys are off to the AFF under-16 championships in Cambodia.
Monday, 13 July 2015 -
Staff writer
Joeys coach Tony Vidmar has announced his 23-man squad for the upcoming AFF Under-16 Youth Championships in Cambodia later this month.
Vidmar settled on his squad following a string of training camps since the start of 2015.
The Joeys are in Group B for the tournament in Phnom Penh, which starts at the end of July, and will take on Singapore, Philippines, Myanmar and the host nation.
The 11-nation tournament will be vital preparation for the AFC Under-16 Championships, which act as qualifiers for the Under-17 World Cup
“It will give the players their first experience of playing international football in Asia and give them a good idea of what they’ll be up against in the qualifiers,” Technical Director Peter de Roo said.
“We will continue to build on the work we have been doing with these players in camps throughout the year.”
The top four nations at the AFC Under-16 tournament will progress to the Under-17 World Cup.
The squad will depart Sydney on July 25 for the AFF Under-16 Youth Championships, with their first match against the hosts Cambodia five days later.

The 23-man Joeys squad:
Nathan Prince (FFV NTC), Dylan Pierias (Melbourne City FC), Marco Krantis (FFSA NTC), Mersim Memeti (Melbourne City FC), Joel King (FNSWI), Luke Bodnar (Perth Glory), Jaidon Seldon (Perth Glory), Andony Martis (FNSWI), John Roberts (FNSWI), Lachlan Brook (FFSA NTC), Ahmed Sweedan (FNSWI), Nicholas Suman (FNSWI), Patrick Scibilio (FNSWI), Dylan Ryan (FNSWI), Adrian Valenti (Marconi FC), Ryan Yates (FFSA NTC), Jacob Italiano (Perth Glory), Jasper Kelley (FFSA NTC), Mark Moric (Sydney United 58 FC), Rahmat Akbari (Brisbane Roar FC/QAS), Eduardo Castaneda (FFT NTC), Andrew Visciglio (FFV NTC), Ramy Najjarine (FNSWI).

Read more at http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/joeys-squad-announced-for-aff-youth-championships/1xiz6sm2o9746157gu2is0y745#sqoGhtQLEsxmOE3S.99

walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
Quote:
image: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/di/library/Football_Australia/32/1e/the-joeys-at-the-afc-u-16-championship-in-thailand_1uudfy5m1lbo714oac5er6xvck.jpg?t=-2059056466
Monday, 13 July 2015 -
Staff writer
Joeys coach Tony Vidmar has announced his 23-man squad for the upcoming AFF Under-16 Youth Championships in Cambodia later this month.
Vidmar settled on his squad following a string of training camps since the start of 2015.
The Joeys are in Group B for the tournament in Phnom Penh, which starts at the end of July, and will take on Singapore, Philippines, Myanmar and the host nation.
The 11-nation tournament will be vital preparation for the AFC Under-16 Championships, which act as qualifiers for the Under-17 World Cup
“It will give the players their first experience of playing international football in Asia and give them a good idea of what they’ll be up against in the qualifiers,” Technical Director Peter de Roo said.
“We will continue to build on the work we have been doing with these players in camps throughout the year.”
The top four nations at the AFC Under-16 tournament will progress to the Under-17 World Cup.
The squad will depart Sydney on July 25 for the AFF Under-16 Youth Championships, with their first match against the hosts Cambodia five days later.

The 23-man Joeys squad:
Nathan Prince (FFV NTC), Dylan Pierias (Melbourne City FC), Marco Krantis (FFSA NTC), Mersim Memeti (Melbourne City FC), Joel King (FNSWI), Luke Bodnar (Perth Glory), Jaidon Seldon (Perth Glory), Andony Martis (FNSWI), John Roberts (FNSWI), Lachlan Brook (FFSA NTC), Ahmed Sweedan (FNSWI), Nicholas Suman (FNSWI), Patrick Scibilio (FNSWI), Dylan Ryan (FNSWI), Adrian Valenti (Marconi FC), Ryan Yates (FFSA NTC), Jacob Italiano (Perth Glory), Jasper Kelley (FFSA NTC), Mark Moric (Sydney United 58 FC), Rahmat Akbari (Brisbane Roar FC/QAS), Eduardo Castaneda (FFT NTC), Andrew Visciglio (FFV NTC), Ramy Najjarine (FNSWI).

Read more at http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/joeys-squad-announced-for-aff-youth-championships/1xiz6sm2o9746157gu2is0y745#sqoGhtQLEsxmOE3S.99

What is the NTC? Is that like the sports institute teams?
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro

The NTC stands for National Training Centre. It is basically each States program for U15/16's.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Someone update wiki.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
Quote:
Monday, 13 July 2015 -
Staff writer

The 23-man Joeys squad:

Any players to watch out for? Alot of these guys would have gone through the SAP you would think.
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro

Andony Martis is a quality midfielder. I've seen him 3 times now at the youth championships and is a stand out imo. I have seen most of the players on the list and they are all very good players in there own right. Technically they are quality and pace to burn. Can't wait to see how they gel as a team.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

JDB03 wrote:
Andony Martis is a quality midfielder. I've seen him 3 times now at the youth championships and is a stand out imo. I have seen most of the players on the list and they are all very good players in there own right. Technically they are quality and pace to burn. Can't wait to see how they gel as a team.

Will keep an eye out. Well in to Clives undies for that Brisbane fella. Good spot.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

JDB03 wrote:

Cheers, lets hope they can impress like the last batch of under 16s.

Good to see their sacrifice by staying here rewarded and trying to pursue their dreams, wish them all the best.

Edited by Barca4life: 13/7/2015 07:43:38 PM
switters
switters
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

lets hope the streams rain upon this thread.
TrueAnglo
TrueAnglo
Hacker
Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)

Love watching young boys. should be a great tourny
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

TrueAnglo wrote:
Love watching young boys. should be a great tourny

Are you right mate?

ryan2008
ryan2008
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Duncan

Geria-Burgess-Donachie-Smith

Brillante-Antonis

Amini

Maclaren-Taggart-Ikonomidis

Bench- De Silva, Galloway, Gersbach, etc

Maybe pick Wright as an overage CB, a right winger (Kruse or Leckie) and someone else.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Pretty decent side.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search