*Official Roar Circus™*

*Official Roar Circus™*

Author
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
hotrod wrote:
So, technically, the owners of Roar would be in breach of players' contracts.

Does that then mean the players could walk?

Not yet, they'd have to file a breach of contract giving the club 14 days to remedy the situation.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Buggalugs - you should have listened... wrote:
nickk wrote:
This confirms what I said, this money is from the membership money coming in which is coming in continously not from the Bakries.
So they say the cheque is in the mail and then wait for more membership money to come in.

I don't believe there's any memberships being bought.

Anyone with info on their current membership level ?

nickk wrote:
You would think if they were smart they would prioritise payments to Borrelo who is stuck on a low wage, and not pay McKay and Broich, becuase there is no way those two would be leaving on their generous salaries.

Although McKay and Broich might be sellable, plus whoever they're using as Assets in the 'Sale Negotiations'

Brattan might be on a bargain rate

FFA publish club membership sales with a weekly update here: http://www.a-league.com.au/membership

Roars not doing so good, just under 3,400 so far
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

SlyGoat36 wrote:
Maybe we can have one thread for this?

Nope.

Circuses deserve the lot sorry.

Other teams have had to do it, now is Brisbane's turn.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

salmonfc wrote:
paulc wrote:
macktheknife wrote:
Their players are worthless. No-one is going to pay a transfer fee for McKay or Broich. All they can do is release them for free.

You under-estimate MV's poaching ability.

You over-estimate the quality and value of an aging McKay and Broich if you'd even consider the possibility of MV taking a whiff of either.

This.

Those players are past it now.

-PB

Buggalugs - you should...
Buggalugs - you should have listened...
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Quote:

As of Monday night, Roar staff – including coach John Aloisi and his football department – had not received the entirety of wages that were due on August 15.

Some staff received as little as 20 per cent of their monthly wages on August 17.

Players were paid half on that date, with the other 50 per cent finally hitting their accounts on Monday – nine days after they were due.

FFA wrote to the Bakrie Group last Friday night seeking assurances “about the timing of the outstanding payments”.

FFA officials believe the arrival in Brisbane of two Bakrie Group officials – possibly as early as Tuesday – is an indication the Indonesian conglomerate have acknowledged the severity of the situation.

It’s understood that Roar chairman and Bakrie Group senior vice president Chris Fong – who has been in Europe negotiating the mooted sale of the club to a consortium of foreign and Australian investors – isn’t one of the officials travelling to Australia.

After meeting Roar staff, the Bakrie Group pair will travel to Sydney for discussions with A-League boss Damien de Bohun and other FFA officials.

It’s hoped that after this week, the Bakrie Group representatives – who also may use their time in Australia to meet with potential investors – will have ascertained a realistic sale price and exit strategy.

It’s understood that the potential foreign investors have what has [size=6]described by sources as an “appetite for football”.[/size]:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/brisbane-roar-players-paid-overdue-wages-but-staff-still-waiting/story-fnk6pqhe-1227497149210

Edited by Buggalugs - you should have listened...: 25/8/2015 11:01:36 AM
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Waz wrote:
[

Edited by tsf: 25/8/2015 11:06:56 AM
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Fuck me Aloisi is a bit of a dumb kunt - left an awesome youth gig at the Victory (where he was paid on time and with very little results orientated pressure) to move to this basketcase of a franchise.
Cityslicker10
Cityslicker10
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

walnuts wrote:
Fuck me Aloisi is a bit of a dumb kunt - left an awesome youth gig at the Victory (where he was paid on time and with very little results orientated pressure) to move to this basketcase of a franchise.

Wants to redeem himself for his results at Heart.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

tsf wrote:
Waz wrote:
[

Fans are just waiting until the club sorts itself out, i am one of them.

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Cityslicker10 wrote:
walnuts wrote:

If he fails at Roar he can just go back with the Victory youth.

nickk
nickk
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

The more trouble they have the better it is for Aloisi, remember the dodgy goings on at Heart.

Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Waz wrote:
[Roars not doing so good, just under 3,400 so far

Roar 3,388
CCM 3,357

Edited by Buggalugs - you should have listened...: 28/8/2015 05:40:11 PM
Cityslicker10
Cityslicker10
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

MrBrisbane wrote:
Cityslicker10 wrote:
walnuts wrote:

To be completely fair to Aloisi as much as I pay him out and bag him, He was always going to struggle. Engalaar got injured pre season killed his chances at being a successful manager. Once the big O came in surprise surprise we started winning games... To little to late for John thou ... He has knowledge as shown on his stint at foxsports. So based on that good on him for making the move... it is his time to shine...
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Cityslicker10 wrote:
MrBrisbane wrote:
Cityslicker10 wrote:
walnuts wrote:

To be completely fair to Aloisi as much as I pay him out and bag him, He was always going to struggle. Engalaar got injured pre season killed his chances at being a successful manager. Once the big O came in surprise surprise we started winning games... To little to late for John thou ... He has knowledge as shown on his stint at foxsports. So based on that good on him for making the move... it is his time to shine...

If he cant do anything with this squad, there really is something wrong with him. Frans did fuck all and no subs and still manged to pull out some wins. It really would be the biggest egg on face,fuck you to the haters on here if he somehow wins the league this season. I can dream right ? :lol:

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

I already see difference under Aloisi. Now they play long ball to wings, and into tenth row of seating.
Pro

MrBrisbane wrote:
Frans did fuck all and no subs and still manged to pull out some wins.

I hope you're not counting WSW and NJ in there.
Glenn - A-league Mad
Glenn - A-league Mad
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

The thing your all missing is Aloisi is on a no win-no pay contract.
So the Bakeries have him covered with 2 grand in the bank for this season.
Waz
Waz
Legend

Enzo Bearzot wrote:
I already see difference under Aloisi. Now they play long ball to wings, and into tenth row of seating.

Bullsh*t - try watching some games, of the three games so far Aloisis has done a great job replicating last seasons style - all short passes and no shots !!
Waz
Waz
Legend

MrBrisbane wrote:

In the league table for games since the Asian Cup break Roar came third behind smurfs and Victory despite some stupid no-subs, injuries, rain and international call-ups; at no time could you say they played like champions but the benchmark Frans set is still a tough act for Aloisi to follow ...
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

MrBrisbane wrote:

WSW beat Brisbane 4-1 at Suncorp in March :lol:
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Waz wrote:
Enzo Bearzot wrote:

Bullsh*t - try watching some games, of the three games so far Aloisis has done a great job replicating last seasons style - all short passes and no shots !!

I watch Liverpool game. Watch how many diagonal ball to wing and into stand. 100% Heart tactic.

You don't have to worry about replicating last season's style. Aloisi will soon fix that. And then you will cry.
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

MrBrisbane wrote:
Cityslicker10 wrote:
walnuts wrote:

Aloisi went to Roar to complete the proper MV development pathway.
Waz
Waz
Legend

Enzo Bearzot wrote:
Waz wrote:
Enzo Bearzot wrote:

I watch Liverpool game. Watch how many diagonal ball to wing and into stand. 100% Heart tactic.

You don't have to worry about replicating last season's style. Aloisi will soon fix that. And then you will cry.

Well I've seen two of your posts now and they're both 100% bullsh*t - what did you think of the Wanderers game? and the match against Victory last week?
Waz
Waz
Legend

crimsoncrusoe wrote:
MrBrisbane wrote:
Cityslicker10 wrote:
walnuts wrote:

Aloisi went to Roar to complete the proper MV development pathway.

lol - that will go over a few people's heads ;-)
Pro

Waz wrote:
Enzo Bearzot wrote:
Waz wrote:
Enzo Bearzot wrote:

Well I've seen two of your posts now and they're both 100% bullsh*t - what did you think of the Wanderers game? and the match against Victory last week?

Roar aren't bad for an Semi-Pro team.

Edited by Buggalugs - you should have listened...: 25/8/2015 05:33:30 PM
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

MrBrisbane wrote:
tsf wrote:
Waz wrote:
[

Smart imo, no point committing money to something that might end up taking it away for nothing in return.

-PB

Pro

paulbagzFC wrote:
MrBrisbane wrote:

Smart imo, no point committing money to something that might end up taking it away for nothing in return.

-PB

Even the FFA aren't stupid enough to dishonour those who've stumped up already.

Wonder if the FFA will hike the price though once they're in ?

Edited by Buggalugs - you should have listened...: 25/8/2015 05:56:37 PM
biscuitman1871
biscuitman1871
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
MrBrisbane wrote:

-PB

Even the FFA aren't stupid enough to dishonour those who've stumped up already.

Wonder if the FFA will hike the price though once they're in ?

Edited by Buggalugs - you should have listened...: 25/8/2015 05:56:37 PM

They didn't at Newcastle where memberships are ridiculously under-priced relative to the rest of the competition (but appropriate to the quality of football that gets served up) so don't think they would at Brisbane.

Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

MrBrisbane wrote:
Cityslicker10 wrote:
walnuts wrote:

Lets be honest here, if we weren't in crisis he wouldn't be managing the Roar and I doubt he'd be managing any other ALeague club at the moment. A few months holidaying in Europe and being the work experience kid at Melbourne Victory doesn't make up for the horror show at Heart.
Waz
Waz
Legend

Waz wrote:
Enzo Bearzot wrote:
Waz wrote:
Enzo Bearzot wrote:

Roar aren't bad for an Semi-Pro team.

Edited by Buggalugs - you should have listened...: 25/8/2015 05:33:30 PM

Best semi-pro team to win 3 Grand Finals and go 36 undefeated imo. But I could be wrong lol.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search