Is there any interest in me doing a thread/database of categorised training drills and manuals? Also...

Is there any interest in me doing a thread/database of categorised...

Author
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hey guys. So I've been going back through the coaching badges thread and updating it - sorry I haven't been in there for a while, thesis work is difficult - and I got to thinking about the academy sessions sticky. It is also a bit outdated with a lot of the files missing, and not in great shape in regards to categorisation.

I have a pretty decent collection of team sessions, independent coaching sessions from schools and individuals, as well as some academic papers that use various methods to analyse games.

Also want to put the feelers out on an idea I've been having. I'm thinking about starting a YouTube channel that will feature videos that explain tactics, tactical situations, formations and possibly some exercises. The videos will be created by me using the information contained in any decent books and guides I can get my hands on, other than what I already have. I already have a decently successful YouTube channel (not football focussed) so it's not an entirely new realm for me to go into.

I'd be interested in knowing;

a) Do you already watch similar videos? There is a dearth of material out there in easily digestible form.
b) Would you be interested in helping via providing either background materials (PDFs, etc) or even helping create content?
c) Most importantly, what would you suggest that the videos focus on? Analysis of past games? Tactical situations? Training exercises? History of the game (ie; development of formation/positional play? If you think it should focus on everything, say so, but please let me know which kind of material you would like to see most often and prioritised.

Thanks.

Edited by Draupnir: 14/9/2015 01:59:56 AM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Good question

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
Good question

:lol:

Come on m80 leave that for adrtho.

Edited by Draupnir: 14/9/2015 06:40:21 PM
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

To be honest, I'm very interested in how to put tiki-taka football into practise. In simple terms, how to coach it. I've just spent $150 on three books from soccertutor. I hope they are good. If there were videos analysing how Barcelona played during Pep's time there, that would be fantastic.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Draupnir wrote:
Hey guys. So I've been going back through the coaching badges thread and updating it - sorry I haven't been in there for a while, thesis work is difficult - and I got to thinking about the academy sessions sticky. It is also a bit outdated with a lot of the files missing, and not in great shape in regards to categorisation.

I have a pretty decent collection of team sessions, independent coaching sessions from schools and individuals, as well as some academic papers that use various methods to analyse games.

Also want to put the feelers out on an idea I've been having. I'm thinking about starting a YouTube channel that will feature videos that explain tactics, tactical situations, formations and possibly some exercises. The videos will be created by me using the information contained in any decent books and guides I can get my hands on, other than what I already have. I already have a decently successful YouTube channel (not football focussed) so it's not an entirely new realm for me to go into.

I'd be interested in knowing;

a) Do you already watch similar videos? There is a dearth of material out there in easily digestible form.
b) Would you be interested in helping via providing either background materials (PDFs, etc) or even helping create content?
c) Most importantly, what would you suggest that the videos focus on? Analysis of past games? Tactical situations? Training exercises? History of the game (ie; development of formation/positional play? If you think it should focus on everything, say so, but please let me know which kind of material you would like to see most often and prioritised.

Thanks.

Edited by Draupnir: 14/9/2015 01:59:56 AM

Brilliant idea, Draups.:)

We lost a lot when the Dirk Van Adidas's Academy Sessions disappeared off the internet. Someone called A Brown put them on the internet. I found them very, very useful and can remember all the ones I've done. Tthey were such a good resource I could send other coaches to.

Videos are often good. One can easily see content.

I've raved on in words and it has probably been difficult to comprehend some training exercises. The video tells a lot.

The very good academy sessions were from Arsenal, Ajax, Chelsea and PSV academies and there were some very simple ones form Aleiria , or some club of similar name. The Man U ones were not as clear.

The FFA football coaching courses are better with exercises, but at one stage coaches had to have a FFA identity number to access content . I strongly disagree with this.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

Thanks for the feedback TFL and D. You'll both be happy to know that I have all of the academy sessions! I am not sure about their, uh, nature in regards to copyright, but I can point to publicly available drives in any case.

My idea for the YouTube channel in regards to training exercises was to have an overhead view of a pitch, with animated circles/symbols representing players, a la 2D mode in Football Manager. Doing it this way gives me endless opportunities in creating any number of exercise videos, in contrast to have a set of players run through 1000 drills while being filmed. Thoughts? The FFA content on YouTube is pretty lacklustre to say the least.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Draupnir wrote:
Thanks for the feedback TFL and D. You'll both be happy to know that I have all of the academy sessions! I am not sure about their, uh, nature in regards to copyright, but I can point to publicly available drives in any case.

My idea for the YouTube channel in regards to training exercises was to have an overhead view of a pitch, with animated circles/symbols representing players, a la 2D mode in Football Manager. Doing it this way gives me endless opportunities in creating any number of exercise videos, in contrast to have a set of players run through 1000 drills while being filmed. Thoughts? The FFA content on YouTube is pretty lacklustre to say the least.

Brilliant!

I don.t need them now, like I did, because I've used so many of them at training - shooting, passing and moving, passing, dribbling. However, to point other coaches in the right direction, and revisit them for different exercises, is difficult if one cannot find them.

This was an area that was lacking in my coaching, and I think probably most coaches in Australia some years ago. We told the Dutch coach educators we needed this and they looked at us blankly. Whenever they did sample training exercises they were brilliant.

FFA coaches keep telling me I should know all this. This doesn't help me in preparing them.](*,)

It also demonstrates inadequacies on their part as coach educators that they cannot respond to what coaches are asking for.

I'd argue the exercises in the Arsenal, Chelsea, Ajax and PSV sessions are brilliant for phases 1 and 2 of the FFA and KNVB four phase coaching sessions.

At a FFA Regional Conferences FFA started to produce some wonderful training ground exercises, to the extent they are the only place where one can find realistic explanations of 13v1, 4v2 and 5v3 rondos on the interweb.

All the Arsenal, Ajax, Chelsea and PSV sessions usually involve both footedness, defensive pressure and realistic game scenarios. Plus most players love the exercises which get them very fit, and busy, with a lot of touches.

This means no distractions and better player behaviour/attitude at training, of any age, by flogging them in the first 40 minutes or so.

To take this further, many coaches who've been through FFA Advanced Coaching courses focusing on seniors, have poor training ground exercises for developing technique. Some coaches I know , even at NPL senior level, say they make up all their own training exercise, as is supposed to happen according to FFA.

When one looks at what they do, compared to these, Arsenal, Chelsea, Ajax and PSV stuff, they are absolute rubbish. They need a baseline body of good drills to develop further. These academy session provide it.

One FFA SAP National Curriculum writer wrote back to me and said these were outstanding, once they were put into a when and why context for game sense . I'm not as prescriptive in my approach as that. Players will develop a lot of useful technique from them.

Tactically and structurally, the coaches who have gone through senior FFA Advanced Courses have progressed tremendously, but in terms of technical development at senior level, without the type of exercises that good old Draups has saved, they are often having little effect on continuing to develop players' technique.

The Academy sessions I've used successfully with soccer schools for migrants, underage FFA rep teams, suburban youth teams, suburban seniors and senior NPL level. I'v also passed them onto senior NPL coaches.

One of the changes I've made are virtually no opportunities for queues. Queues waste valuable training time, lowering intensity, unless one has players doing something useful with a ball whilst in a queue. These sessions are brilliant as a foundation. Then when I've learnt more from NTC and FFA staff coaches, they are the icing on the cake.

Edited by Decentric: 15/9/2015 11:58:42 AM
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Draupnir wrote:

It would be great to see someone analyse how a team plays in all four phases - BP, BPO, transition into attack/defense. In terms of sessions for that, the user could also design it based on the information you have provided.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search