Unless A League becomes less plastic, I'm out!

Unless A League becomes less plastic, I'm out!

Author
The Frenchman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
lol for thinking existing clubs, especially SMFC will ever get a license. I think were better off without the bitters like you.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
robbos wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
robbos wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
robbos wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

It is not my team. It's too plastic,

I support West Adelaide in the NPL.

And yes, SMFC has a greater birthright than any club in Australia!

Didn't Recoba say something similar about Uruguay's chances in 2005. We all know what happen there!!!!

Birthright is such an old way of thinking!!!!

My grandfather was in the army, my dad was in te army, my brother is in the army & hence I will also join the army!!!!

That is why you are so plastic and will soon be recycled into cleaning detergent! :lol:

You should go out there & achieve what you need to despite/in spite of your birthright.
Greatness is earnt, not given or birthright!!!!

Too many just complain instead of doing!!!!

And SMFC have earned a lot of greatness, as has Adelaide City.

Greatness is something we all should try to attain, but greatness is bestowed onto us by others, not self pro-claimed.

Yes and in SMFC's case, I think 3 or 4 championships (whatever it is) is pretty great.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

onionbag wrote:
West Adelaide are extremely inferior to Adelaide City therefore I cannot support the sentiments expressed in this thread. ;)

That's not very nice from a Brother.

I forgive you as you will probably be a supporter of this venture. ;)
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

HeyItsRobbie wrote:
bohemia wrote:
HeyItsRobbie wrote:
for west adelaide to get into the a-league, the citys population needs to increase x4 of what it currently is. i cant see that happening at all.

Just so we're clear on this, your you beaut theory here. Adelaide needs 4 x 1,316,000 people = 5,264,000 people. So, a million more than Melbourne and half a mill more than Sydney. To get a second team. I bet you'd be all over a team in a shanty town like Wollongong though.

hey come on the more people the better :D

they would even allow adelaide city to be stable in the a-league should a 3rd team in adelaide be required

View from the fence wrote:
Nah,

All they need to do is be allowed

and actually want to

true but would they survive knowing that the reds is a more established club in adelaide in todays current climate? how could they compete?

Edited by heyitsrobbie: 22/6/2016 06:26:11 PM

Adelaide City is part of the new venture.

You should read the thread. West Adelaide and Adelaide City are looking at their options for forming a joint A League venture together.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

The Frenchman wrote:
lol for thinking existing clubs, especially SMFC will ever get a license. I think were better off without the bitters like you.

Well then, you are detined to remain plastic and at 10 teams, I think I would rather watch the grass grow.

Eventually of course, over time, the league will fail.

Edited by Aikhme: 22/6/2016 06:38:30 PM
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

11.mvfc.11 wrote:
For fucks sake guys, 6 pages already? :lol:

I'm revising my score to 8/10

Hasn't he written 8/10 comments though?
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

scott21 wrote:
11.mvfc.11 wrote:
For fucks sake guys, 6 pages already? :lol:

I'm revising my score to 8/10

Hasn't he written 8/10 comments though?

Go and count and report back at once! :lol:
eldorado
eldorado
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Newsflash! Someone Nobody Knows Threatens To Do Something Nobody Cares About! More to come...
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

eldorado wrote:
Newsflash! Someone Nobody Knows Threatens To Do Something Nobody Cares About! More to come...

Who cares?
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

applying some ancient world thinking I think I have come up with a solution. A-League clubs probably should sign Apoel players. 🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛
eldorado
eldorado
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

AEK Spartan wrote:
applying some ancient world thinking I think I have come up with a solution. A-League clubs probably should sign Apoel players. 🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛

...or Bedouins
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

AEK Spartan wrote:

That would be cool.

Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

eldorado wrote:
AEK Spartan wrote:

...or Bedouins

That would make things less plastic for sure.

We could have a Belly Dance cheer squad.
Nachoman
Nachoman
Semi-Pro

and how many times have WAHellas been revived , rebranded etc ? Adelaide City , well they were in the old NSL , and for whatever reason were not part of the a league
this state isnt big enough for two teams , and would dilute the supporter base.

Now if your gripe is about junior fees etc propping up AUFC... Open the door to the FFSA, who cannot unite with the SAASL ... once SA has a unified body across juniors , seniors , amateurs etc then we can talk.
Heck id love to see my old amateur team compete in the FFA or even FFSA,but they wont as the market demographic were they are located are well served by other amateur league teams and teams from FFSA...
Nachoman
Nachoman
Semi-Pro

oh and craptivas are just that, but all sold under the holden banner.
well technically its not holden , more like general motors singapore
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Nachoman wrote:
and how many times have WAHellas been revived , rebranded etc ? Adelaide City , well they were in the old NSL , and for whatever reason were not part of the a league
this state isnt big enough for two teams , and would dilute the supporter base.

Now if your gripe is about junior fees etc propping up AUFC... Open the door to the FFSA, who cannot unite with the SAASL ... once SA has a unified body across juniors , seniors , amateurs etc then we can talk.
Heck id love to see my old amateur team compete in the FFA or even FFSA,but they wont as the market demographic were they are located are well served by other amateur league teams and teams from FFSA...

How do you know the supporter base will be dilutted?

How do you know, other fans will not be attracted to the game?

I think you're stretching a rather long bow there and are making far too many assumptions.

Let's just see what happens. If there isn't room enough for 2, then Natural Selection will do the rest.

If there is, then there is no looking back.

If it was up to me, I would allow the SAASL to merge with the FFSA. It is the best outcome. I would like to see everyone under the same unbrella and the formation of other divisions which encompass SAASL clubs with promotion and relegation into the State League etc.

Edited by Aikhme: 22/6/2016 07:24:35 PM
Nachoman
Nachoman
Semi-Pro

because the supporter base is scattered now
plus it has to compete in Adelaide , where it is behind two well supported and financially invested AFL teams, then has to compete with a new player in the BBL Team * whatever they are called *
Adelaide Citys crowds were dwindling towards the end of the NSL , and WAHellas, well they left that game ( finances didnt help )

heck its like asking florina and inter to merge ,and compete in the FFSA ? what for ? when there are 3/4 other teams vying for the same juniors, seniors and sponsorship dollars

Edited by nachoman: 22/6/2016 07:26:56 PM
Nachoman
Nachoman
Semi-Pro

who me ?
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Viet Guy wrote:
This guy gona get ban

What for?

Am I in North Korea? :-#
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Nachoman wrote:
who me ?

No me mate.

When people don't like what you have to say, they just want to have you banned. It's the interwebz!
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
paulbagzFC wrote:

Stifles gonna do something? :lol:

-PB

Nah, this is a fun off season troll, kinda enjoy it, haven't had to pull the ban stick for about a week or 2
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Nachoman wrote:
because the supporter base is scattered now
plus it has to compete in Adelaide , where it is behind two well supported and financially invested AFL teams, then has to compete with a new player in the BBL Team * whatever they are called *
Adelaide Citys crowds were dwindling towards the end of the NSL , and WAHellas, well they left that game ( finances didnt help )

heck its like asking florina and inter to merge ,and compete in the FFSA ? what for ? when there are 3/4 other teams vying for the same juniors, seniors and sponsorship dollars

Edited by nachoman: 22/6/2016 07:26:56 PM

I think you under estimate the business acumen of the backers.

There is so much money behind them, it's not even funny. And the fact that West Adelaide and Adelaide City are involved, means there is an already inheritable base.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

StiflersMom wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

Nah, this is a fun off season troll, kinda enjoy it, haven't had to pull the ban stick for about a week or 2

It's not even a troll.

I am just doing my best to raise a little bit of awareness about A League expansion, more clubs, and destroying the big disconnect between A League and NPL.

My intentions are good, but I can't help it if some people feel very insecure or do not agree with this point of view.
Nachoman
Nachoman
Semi-Pro

so if they are so well backed , why dont they lower their junior fees ?
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Nachoman wrote:
so if they are so well backed , why dont they lower their junior fees ?

They can't!

Most of it goes to player insurance, and the FFSA and in turn to AUFC.

The club only makes maybe $200 per kid, which they use to buy equipment and so forth. I am not sure if the coaches are paid. I think they are paid a small fee.

Edited by Aikhme: 22/6/2016 07:49:50 PM
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
StiflersMom wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

It's not even a troll.

I am just doing my best to raise a little bit of awareness about A League expansion, more clubs, and destroying the big disconnect between A League and NPL.

My intentions are good, but I can't help it if some people feel very insecure or do not agree with this point of view.

That's what the state league forum is for.
perthjay85
perthjay85
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

9 pages in less than 12 hours WTF.

this forum needs new blood. Can we run an advertising campaign for new members.

Correction 10 pages.

Edited by perthjay85: 22/6/2016 08:35:40 PM
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Qld 2 - 2 NSW (13 mins)

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

4 - 4 (20)

World Class

10 - 4 (34)

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search