Unless A League becomes less plastic, I'm out!

Unless A League becomes less plastic, I'm out!

Author
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
10 - 4 (HT)

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

16 - 4 (50)

World Class

16 - 10 (60)

World Class

Qld 20 - 10 NSW (65)

World Class

Qld 20 - 14 NSW (67)

World Class

Qld 20 - 16 NSW (68)

HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

LOL NSW is terribad. i expect a 3-0 series sweep for QLD.

probably a good thing i dont watch it any more :d
World Class

24 - 16 (73)

World Class

26 - 16 (74)

World Class

26 - 16 (FT)

Qld 2 -0 series win

Soft News
Soft News
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
SWandP wrote:
I hope you realise that 442 forums is plastic and that you should feel encouraged to extend your noble gesture of boycotting all that is plastic.

I fully support you in your lifelong endeavour.

X2 too many post 2005 newbies in here, they won't get what you are saying.
redsfan
redsfan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
redsfan wrote:
wow, i would have thought spewing this shit all over footballnews would have satisfied you enough.

You don't like pluralism?

Well guess what? You're not very bright.

2 teams means a round of A League in Adelaide every week. Hindmarsh gets another tennant, hence doubles its income, we get a Derby hence higher TV Rights and there is more chance of upgrading Hindmarsh or getting a new Stadium.

But alas...

i'm not sure whats more amusing, you calling someone not very bright or that you think anyone actually takes you serious.
bitza
bitza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
Yes, I would like to openly declare that I no longer have any affiliation to AUFC and that I will not be going to ANY of their games, or let my family attend, until the A League becomes less plastic.

If and when SMFC and my old club of West Adelaide join with Adelaide City and enter the A League, then I will re-engage.

Until then, c'mon West Adelaide in the NPL and our ally Adelaide City!

The plastic AUFC logo is also gone and replaced with the non plastic West Adelaide logo!

Without bagging/patronizing you and without reading all 10 pages, can you give me point form of what needs to change to bring you back to the game?

Can they be reasonable request, ones that wont be recless like rushed expansion.

Honest question
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Why did this crap have to get moved to State League? Just lock it and let it die.

Funnily enough, I come to State League football to get away from this sort of rubbish.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

aussieshorter wrote:
Why did this crap have to get moved to State League? Just lock it and let it die.

Funnily enough, I come to State League football to get away from this sort of rubbish.

Well because no mods are doing stuff in AF are they haha.

Hence why this thread is just pure spam.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

World Class

Now they're both in SL, should unlock the Apology thread instead.

Has much more potential

Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

redsfan wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
redsfan wrote:
wow, i would have thought spewing this shit all over footballnews would have satisfied you enough.

You don't like pluralism?

Well guess what? You're not very bright.

2 teams means a round of A League in Adelaide every week. Hindmarsh gets another tennant, hence doubles its income, we get a Derby hence higher TV Rights and there is more chance of upgrading Hindmarsh or getting a new Stadium.

But alas...

i'm not sure whats more amusing, you calling someone not very bright or that you think anyone actually takes you serious.

Some people, take me seriously let me tell you right now.

Others, with closed minds, and of weak and sheepish character, don't because they are to scared of progress.

Those who are quiet, maintain the Status Quo and go for the safe haven, whilst the risk taker knows that the world is their oyster. You choose between stagnation, or innovation. I can't help you with your issue.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
aussieshorter wrote:

Well because no mods are doing stuff in AF are they haha.

Hence why this thread is just pure spam.

-PB

Hey teabags, here is a fact for you!

This is probably the best thread that has passed through this forum recently.

Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

aussieshorter wrote:

For someone who is a follower of the State Leagues, I would have thought that would have had more appreciation for the subject matter at hand.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

bitza wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
Yes, I would like to openly declare that I no longer have any affiliation to AUFC and that I will not be going to ANY of their games, or let my family attend, until the A League becomes less plastic.

If and when SMFC and my old club of West Adelaide join with Adelaide City and enter the A League, then I will re-engage.

Until then, c'mon West Adelaide in the NPL and our ally Adelaide City!

The plastic AUFC logo is also gone and replaced with the non plastic West Adelaide logo!

Without bagging/patronizing you and without reading all 10 pages, can you give me point form of what needs to change to bring you back to the game?

Can they be reasonable request, ones that wont be recless like rushed expansion.

Honest question

Bitza,

I will reply to you because despite your slightly patronizing manner, you attempted to address me politely and asked a valid question.

I am not for rushed or reckless expansion which is unsustainable. Nor do I advocate for it.

I do however, support some very well measured expansion. To make a stab in the dark, I believe the HAL can easily sustain an extra 2 teams. It may be able to sustain an extra 4 teams but I will pull back from this if it scares people.

Now what are the advantages?

Well, I believe the key is to have more Derbies. That would result in more interest from the public, media and TV. That would increase FFA revenue.

How do the teams fund themselves?

Well, clubs will need to engage fund raising initiatives in the same manner as the existing clubs do now. Now we all know that some clubs are not breaking even or profitable. Well, if the FFA can negotiate a better TV Deal, franchise funding will increase by up to 75%.

For me, South Melbourne is a no brainer.

From my personal point of view, I would like to see Adelaide City and West Adelaide to embark on some kind of joint venture.

Someone said that this will dilute the supporter base. I believe that is the case to a certain extent. I predict that Adelaide United may lose 1000 to 2000 fans. It will survive and recover other fans very quickly.

I also believe that many soccer fans will buy memberships at both clubs, whilst the new venture will do very well from the NPL and State League grassroots.

The spin off are there, not just for the clubs, but Adelaide will now have 2 tenants at Hindmarsh. All of a sudden, calls for a stadium upgrade or even a new rectangular stadium have more weight.

Now obviously, I also believe there should be another team in Sydney and also Brisbane. Now this doesn't have to happen overnight. It can be done 2 teams at a time rather than 4 overnight.

End result, more Derbies and more TV money. Which means more funding for the clubs.

What we can't afford is stagnation. The HAL is at the moment stagnation. Having only 10 teams after 12 years is a pretty poor state of affairs.

By adding more teams like SMFC, soccer in this country could at last ne UNITED. At the moment, it isn't.
Adrian72
Adrian72
Hacker
Hacker (388 reputation)Hacker (388 reputation)Hacker (388 reputation)Hacker (388 reputation)Hacker (388 reputation)Hacker (388 reputation)Hacker (388 reputation)Hacker (388 reputation)Hacker (388 reputation)Hacker (388 reputation)Hacker (388 reputation)

The A League is going alright.

My issue is how can we get people interested in the State Leagues? They run winter comps without competition from the A League, they have an ok sort of standard, but hardly anybody goes. I think there's a much greater potential audience than what we currently see.

These are just random thoughts, and I don't pretend to be an expert, so feel free to dispute them. But I think these issues should be up for discussion.

The fact that every club (here in Victoria at least) is ethnic based must surely constrain their growth. I'm actually of Croatian heritage myself, but I'd love to have a local club that's jut about football and doesn't have any national/political/ethnic background. (I saw some tweets from Pave Jusup who's on the Knight's board after drawing Cockburn City - apparently a Yugoslav club - in the FFA Cup, and I know it was in jest, but I just thought FMD, I wish this could just be about football and not reprising 20th Century Balkan politics FFS.)

Now I appreciate a club like South Melbourne is trying to broaden its supporter base and good luck to them. And I appreciate the history of many of these clubs and the important role they've played, not just in football but in providing migrants with a sense of community in a new country. But as important as their histories may be, what do they mean to second or third generation Australians who are integrated in Australian society? Given the attendances, not much it seems.

How do we on the one hand respect what these clubs have done, and on the other, update the concept of local football to be broader and more inclusive?

I want to see the game flourish, and at grass roots level, I can see local clubs growing with heaps of juniors. The international game is followed in a bigger way than ever before. And the A League, you would have to say has been a success even with some of it's challenges. Club football at the state level is where exactly? If we want promotion/relegation, surely the second tier needs to lift its appeal and be able to put up a better case?

I go to watch Bulleen Lions sometimes, and they seem like a pretty good club. Although they have Italian origins, it seems to feel like a regular club without making you feel you need to be Italian to follow them. Some of the Greek clubs seem to be like that too. But do we really need each of South Melbourne, Heidelberg, Northcote, Oakleigh, Port Melbourne and Bentleigh? I like Greeks, but that's going overboard. Melbourne Knights are so Croatian I'm just not confident they can ever grow their support to what it should be given their history.

I don't think ethnicity in club football is necessarily a problem - and I'm not trying to paint it as the source of all the game's problems. It's not. I just think it's a problem when the whole basis of club football is ethnic identity. For example, I'm not against South Melbourne in the A League one day. (But I don't think they are ready or would improve the league now.) Can clubs evolve with the times and develop greater connections with communities outside their ethnic group? Or should the governing bodies do more to reform the structure of the game at the state level? Am I wrong? If so feel free to educate me.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Adrian72
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

That Cockburn crap is utter shite. Yugo wars are over morons. Almost 30 years now ffs.

Edited
8 Years Ago by TheSelectFew
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search