The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

Author
CS
Rising Star
Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
paladisious - 13 Nov 2020 4:36 PM
Kruse sitting out the ACL:
Socceroos winger Robbie Kruse will not travel as he continues his rehabilitation from the knee surgery that prematurely ended his A-League season but otherwise Victory have close to a full squad to choose from.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/victory-will-swap-xmas-presence-for-acl-555864

Poor Robbie.  He's literally a walking injury.    You really do wonder at what point either he or the club calls it a day.
Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

paladisious - 13 Nov 2020 4:36 PM
Kruse sitting out the ACL:
Socceroos winger Robbie Kruse will not travel as he continues his rehabilitation from the knee surgery that prematurely ended his A-League season but otherwise Victory have close to a full squad to choose from.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/victory-will-swap-xmas-presence-for-acl-555864

Gianluca Ianucci has appeared in Victory colours at Gosch's paddock. Jumped ship from City probably thinking he has more of an opportunity with Victory considering the ACL campaign and Kruse's injury history. Good player, very technical and understands the game well. hoping he, Brooks and LLL can push each-other.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Looks like Gestede is happening, hope we can get him in time for Qatar. Might be announced tonight.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-gestede-melbourne-kean-19296668

sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

paladisious - 18 Nov 2020 1:00 PM
Looks like Gestede is happening, hope we can get him in time for Qatar. Might be announced tonight.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-gestede-melbourne-kean-19296668

"Now Gestede is set to team up with Victory manager Grant Brebner, who made the unfortunate decision to appoint former Rovers manager Steve Kean as his assistant coach."
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

sanchez - 18 Nov 2020 1:46 PM

"Now Gestede is set to team up with Victory manager Grant Brebner, who made the unfortunate decision to appoint former Rovers manager Steve Kean as his assistant coach."
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Keano you legend!!
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sanchez - 18 Nov 2020 1:46 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I  had to re read it just to make sure I didn't misread it . 🤣🤣
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

AFC Champions League squad for Qatar named

Melbourne Victory Head Coach Grant Brebner has named his 22-man squad for the resumption of the club’s AFC Champions League (ACL) campaign to be played in Qatar.

The squad departs for Doha tomorrow evening as it prepares for its four remaining Group Stage matches. Group E is a tight affair, with Victory currently sitting in third place on goal difference.

Victory’s first outing is against Beijing FC on Tuesday November 24 at the Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium. The two sides meet again on November 27, before Victory turns its attention to Chiangrai United (December 1) and FC Seoul (December 4).

The tournament will provide members and fans with the chance to see a number of the club’s new signings in action, including Jacob Butterfield, Ben Folami and Dylan Ryan.

Brebner said his squad is looking forward to playing against quality opposition.

“There is no doubt resuming our campaign mid-way through our pre-season is going to be extremely tough, but we see this as a great opportunity to bring our new squad together on and off the park,” Brebner said.

“We are taking away a squad which has a good blend of experience and youth. Given we have four games in 10 days, we will need to make sure everyone is ready to play should they be required.

“Our first two games against Beijing FC are vitally important to our chances of making it through the group stage, so our focus will be to put in really strong performances against them.

“It’s a privilege to coach in this tournament, it’s a privilege for our players to go and play in this tournament and we are focused on putting in the performances to progress through the group stage.”

Melbourne Victory AFC Champions League Squad

Matthew Acton
Aaron Anderson
Nick Ansell
Jay Barnett
Marko Bulic
Jacob Butterfield
Jacob Brimmer
Leigh Broxham
Max Crocombe
Ben Folami
Gianluca Iannucci
Elvis Kamsoba
Birkan Kirdar
Brandon Lauton
Luis Lawrie-Lattanzio
So Nishikawa
Callum McManaman
Marco Rojas
Storm Roux
Dylan Ryan
Adama Traore
Joshua Varga

*Please note, due to AFC regulations Steve Kean will be listed as Head Coach on the official team sheets. The regulations require each squad to include a Pro-Licence-holding coach.

https://www.melbournevictory.com.au/news/afc-champions-league-squad-qatar-named

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Fixture's out: https://www.melbournevictory.com.au/sites/mvc/files/2020-11/MM0208-A4%20AL%20Fixture.pdf

Six games in January, hopefully the match fitness gained in the ACL really pays off then for a strong start.
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

paladisious - 24 Nov 2020 12:43 PM
Fixture's out: https://www.melbournevictory.com.au/sites/mvc/files/2020-11/MM0208-A4%20AL%20Fixture.pdf

Six games in January, hopefully the match fitness gained in the ACL really pays off then for a strong start.

Finally someone listened and didn't schedule any derbies until round 5.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

paladisious - 24 Nov 2020 12:43 PM

I'm happy with our draw. We're not starting with a derby or big blue, which will allow us to ease into the season and gel by the time the bigger games arrive. we have a string of home games in the run home. But its very annoying our first away game against Macarthur falls on a wednesday. That will have to wait for next season. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Might have been hasty as things may well still change, but I've already got Hindmarsh away booked. I'll probably pull the trigger on WSW away soon too, I was really looking forward to seeing their stadium.
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Barnett/Broxham (c)       
          J Brimmer
                                J Butterfield
M Rojas                                         C McManaman
                         R Gestede

Kruse doesn't make the starting lineup.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

paladisious - 25 Nov 2020 4:02 PM
Might have been hasty as things may well still change, but I've already got Hindmarsh away booked. I'll probably pull the trigger on WSW away soon too, I was really looking forward to seeing their stadium.

Can u buy tix for Adelaide away?
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

How much longer can the victory board escape all scrutiny?
Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Don't pull the trigger yet. The NSW Govt has a maximum 25% capacity or max 10,000 on all stadia at the moment.

So unless our less than illustrious Premier changes the rules before the season starts, we are limited to 7,500 seated fans.

Just check on our supporters forum and there is very credible post that Bankwest has a maximum of 15,000.

Don't get me wrong, it would be great to get Vuck supporters to Bankwest. I still remember the night we beat you 2-0 at the old stadium and Muscat wasn't well pleased.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Paul01
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

lol classic pala but defs the best two trips this season. 

There are a few interesting new stadiums on the fixture this season though.  Brisbane away might not be the worst in the league now it's at Dolphin Stadium. Wollongong would be an interesting change with the stadium but it could be a bit crap to go all that way for a nix home game. Same could be said for Macarthur if no one turns up for their games.

Viennese Vuck

elksy
elksy
Hacker
Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)

Paul01 - 26 Nov 2020 11:50 PM

Don't pull the trigger yet. The NSW Govt has a maximum 25% capacity or max 10,000 on all stadia at the moment.

So unless our less than illustrious Premier changes the rules before the season starts, we are limited to 7,500 seated fans.

Just check on our supporters forum and there is very credible post that Bankwest has a maximum of 15,000.

Don't get me wrong, it would be great to get Vuck supporters to Bankwest. I still remember the night we beat you 2-0 at the old stadium and Muscat wasn't well pleased.

Stadium restrictions increase from 25% to 50% back in October, This is the reason ANZ will be used for the derby, in the hope to attract a 35-40k crowd. 

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

melbourne_terrace - 27 Nov 2020 2:22 AM

lol classic pala but defs the best two trips this season. 

There are a few interesting new stadiums on the fixture this season though.  Brisbane away might not be the worst in the league now it's at Dolphin Stadium. Wollongong would be an interesting change with the stadium but it could be a bit crap to go all that way for a nix home game. Same could be said for Macarthur if no one turns up for their games.

I think Wollongong will be one of the hottest away trips this season because it’s a fresh stadium 
elksy
elksy
Hacker
Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)

Melbcityguy - 28 Nov 2020 6:45 AM

I think Wollongong will be one of the hottest away trips this season because it’s a fresh stadium 

Issue might be in attendance. Lots of football fans in that area, but most either dont follow A-league or support Sydney. So curious to see how many turn up each week to watch Wellington. Fingers crossed they prove me wrong and turn in healthy numbers, Show the league the potential of a team from Wollongong.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Melbcityguy - 28 Nov 2020 6:45 AM

Yeah but it's just not the same if you're travelling to a neutral venue for a regular league match, rather than your opposition's home ground.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

tsf - 26 Nov 2020 9:57 PM

I probably should have thought about that first hey lol
Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

elksy - 28 Nov 2020 6:43 AM
Paul01 - 26 Nov 2020 11:50 PM

Stadium restrictions increase from 25% to 50% back in October, This is the reason ANZ will be used for the derby, in the hope to attract a 35-40k crowd. 

Could find the reference anywhere but that make sense with Bankwest with a max at 15,000
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

tsf - 26 Nov 2020 9:57 PM

I'm buying tix before I book anything. Although I am leaning towards to WSW over AU (I'll probably end up doing both knowing me).  

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

If you blokes win tonight you’ll move to second spot 
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

Shotton??????Hey????????Is he going to complete the squad????????
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

soccerfoo - 1 Dec 2020 8:17 PM
Shotton??????Hey????????Is he going to complete the squad????????

Shotton recently signed for a club in England 
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

What’s the consensus on Acton vs Crocombe for the upcoming A-League season?

I thought Crocombe looked quite impressive in the ACL. 
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

Bowden - 7 Dec 2020 11:46 AM
What’s the consensus on Acton vs Crocombe for the upcoming A-League season?

I thought Crocombe looked quite impressive in the ACL. 

Many will say Crocombe, but Acton has been number 2 for many years now and I don’t think he deserves to be overtaken by a fly in after 1 bad game in the ACL. I reckon Brebs will give them 4-5 games each then make a call on first choice. 

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Feed_The_Brox - 7 Dec 2020 11:59 AM
Bowden - 7 Dec 2020 11:46 AM

Many will say Crocombe, but Acton has been number 2 for many years now and I don’t think he deserves to be overtaken by a fly in after 1 bad game in the ACL. I reckon Brebs will give them 4-5 games each then make a call on first choice. 

Agree with this. Acton deserves to start as no 1. He just looked timid against bejing.  Brebs will do a Merrick and rotate the keepers until he finds his no 1
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

Hold on to your hats folks, Robbie Kruse will still be out injured 6 weeks after the start on the ALeague season!!😁
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search