The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

Author
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
walnuts - 18 May 2017 1:01 PM
Robbie Kruse and James Holland have been released from their contracts in China immediately - source

Would imagine the club would be looking hard at Kruse - offer him something under the cap with the sweetener that the club will get him fit and playing to go to the World Cup in Russia.

Almost certainly looking at him. Perfect signing within the cap, due to the Aus factor. Like Williams, a good first teamer that doesn't take up a Visa spot.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

azzaMVFC - 18 May 2017 1:06 PM
walnuts - 18 May 2017 1:01 PM

Almost certainly looking at him. Perfect signing within the cap, due to the Aus factor. Like Williams, a good first teamer that doesn't take up a Visa spot.

Agreed - I'd say him offer whatever Troisi was on this season within the cap, with the sweetener being that we'll get him fit and firing for the World Cup in 2018.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Bes
Kruse-Troisi-Rojas

Phwoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar. 
sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

jlm8695 - 18 May 2017 1:27 PM
Bes
Kruse-Troisi-Rojas

Phwoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar. 

Isn't Milligan available too? Saw a FB post this morning. Bring the whole band back together! Grab Traore to play LB while we're at it... 
Hutch
Hutch
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

sanchez - 18 May 2017 1:43 PM

Isn't Milligan available too? Saw a FB post this morning. Bring the whole band back together! Grab Traore to play LB while we're at it... 

Milligan has said he doesn't want to come home to Australia and Traore is playing consistently with Basel and getting Champions League time next season. Doubt he'd want to come back.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

walnuts - 18 May 2017 1:07 PM
azzaMVFC - 18 May 2017 1:06 PM

Agreed - I'd say him offer whatever Troisi was on this season within the cap, with the sweetener being that we'll get him fit and firing for the World Cup in 2018.

I agree. Kruse missed out on Brazil so you would think his number 1 priority would be to make sure he's fit and firing for Russia should we make it... you would hope he'd agree to dropping his salary for 1 year and returning to MVFC, similar to what Troisi did 12 months ago. There is also the incentive of ACL and an available marquee spot in 12 months time. You would think its a certainty Trimmers will be in touch (or perhaps already has been). 
sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

hutchonholiday - 18 May 2017 2:29 PM

Milligan has said he doesn't want to come home to Australia and Traore is playing consistently with Basel and getting Champions League time next season. Doubt he'd want to come back.

Ah cool, thanks, hadn't heard that about Millsy. Haha wasn't serious about Traore though. Was always well above A League quality!
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Imagine we got Traore back though. Need a quality left back.
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

His a gun. Since leaving mvfc he got capped five times for ivory coast and now plays reguarly (it seems) for Basel
Greatest lb we have ever had for sure
He is even in the name that appears when u seach up their wiki page and go to current squad. Good to see he hasnt gone into obscurity and has improved a lot
Edited
7 Years Ago by Aus Football Fan
Hutch
Hutch
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

sanchez - 18 May 2017 2:50 PM
hutchonholiday - 18 May 2017 2:29 PM

Ah cool, thanks, hadn't heard that about Millsy. Haha wasn't serious about Traore though. Was always well above A League quality!

Yeah, he gave an interview the other day when all his transfer rumours broke and there was one saying he'd signed for someone. Mentioned there was no contract and while he loved Australia, it wasn't time to come home yet.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/05/12/milligan-reluctant-take-league-option-baniyas-exit-looms

As for Traore, probably my second fav Victory player of all time (behind Bronx) and would love to have him back, but as you said, he's too good for here.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

It will be tough but I reckon we could pry Mitch away from the Bundesliga as well. 

sanchez
sanchez
Pro

jlm8695 - 18 May 2017 3:21 PM

It will be tough but I reckon we could pry Mitch away from the Bundesliga as well. 

Langerak
Geria  -  Delpierre (back from retirement)  -  Williams  -  Traore
Milligan -  Valeri
Kruse  -  Troisi  -  Rojas
Bes

Ultimate (semi realistic) MV fapfest

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Frothhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Viennese Vuck

Dark Paladin
Dark Paladin
Amateur
Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)Amateur (604 reputation)

Received the "End of Season Warehouse Sale" e-mail - was it simply an ironic coincidence that FBK was the player modelling the jersey/t-shirt?

🤔
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Dark Paladin - 24 May 2017 8:39 AM
Received the "End of Season Warehouse Sale" e-mail - was it simply an ironic coincidence that FBK was the player modelling the jersey/t-shirt?🤔

Yeh, they have gaffed like that several times before lol

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Received the "End of Season Warehouse Sale" e-mail - was it simply an ironic coincidence that FBK was the player modelling the jersey/t-shirt?🤔

:(
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

How is our academy going? Have the facilities been built out at VU yet?

Waz
Waz
Legend

@ The Select Few

I can report that good progress is being made on the Victory Acadamy. Turf will be laid shortly and the buildings complete by October.

Roar are expected to occupy the Logan facility shortly after the season starts.

Hope that helps!
sanchez
sanchez
Pro

*sad face*
So are we getting new jerseys next season? If not might pick up one of those discounted ones, 38 bucks!
I am still rockin the season 3 with Samsung. That was about 10kgs ago...
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

I picked up one of those champions kits just for Memorabilia. 

Not bad for $40. 
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Waz - 24 May 2017 1:31 PM
@ The Select Few I can report that good progress is being made on the Victory Acadamy. Turf will be laid shortly and the buildings complete by October. Roar are expected to occupy the Logan facility shortly after the season starts. Hope that helps!

Great to hear.

Edited
7 Years Ago by TheSelectFew
sanchez
sanchez
Pro

TheSelectFew - 24 May 2017 1:40 PM
Waz - 24 May 2017 1:31 PM

Great to hear.

Wait, I am took it as he was making a joke that the Roar are our feeder club and that the Roar academy is, by extension the Victory Academy... :blink:
Waz
Waz
Legend

lol. I think TSF was just being droll. We in Brisbane are of course delighted to hear that Victory know what an academy is and by extension, what youth development is. We look forward to retaining more of our young stars in the sunny state in the future.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

#ForeverOurBitches

sanchez
sanchez
Pro

Waz - 24 May 2017 1:58 PM
lol. I think TSF was just being droll. We in Brisbane are of course delighted to hear that Victory know what an academy is and by extension, what youth development is. We look forward to retaining more of our young stars in the sunny state in the future.

Image result for classic stitchup

MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

So it looks like we are not going to offer Troisi a marquee spot and we may even lose him. For me, thats a good move. He's a good player, but as we saw with Bozanic, you need more than that from a marquee. I'd be happy to keep Troisi, but he was pretty good without being dominant last season and not in the same class as Ninkovic, Castro or Martinez. In a 10 team league, we need our marquees to be in the top 4 or 5 players in the competition if we want to win the league. For me, on last years performances, all of those players mentioned had a better season than Troisi, and also a few other attacking players (even though they play in different roles)  ie.  MacLaren, Brosque.. I wont even go into the other defensive type players I thought had a better year than him. 
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

But in all honesty. What is happening in Footscray. Anything?

walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 1 Jun 2017 1:50 PM
But in all honesty. What is happening in Footscray. Anything?

Probably wading through the mountain of red tape associated with the project - at least I hope so.
sanchez
sanchez
Pro

walnuts - 1 Jun 2017 2:53 PM
TheSelectFew - 1 Jun 2017 1:50 PM

Probably wading through the mountain of red tape associated with the project - at least I hope so.

MarkfromCroydon - 1 Jun 2017 11:32 AM
So it looks like we are not going to offer Troisi a marquee spot and we may even lose him. For me, thats a good move. He's a good player, but as we saw with Bozanic, you need more than that from a marquee. I'd be happy to keep Troisi, but he was pretty good without being dominant last season and not in the same class as Ninkovic, Castro or Martinez. In a 10 team league, we need our marquees to be in the top 4 or 5 players in the competition if we want to win the league. For me, on last years performances, all of those players mentioned had a better season than Troisi, and also a few other attacking players (even though they play in different roles)  ie.  MacLaren, Brosque.. I wont even go into the other defensive type players I thought had a better year than him. 

Is this based on anything? Or just because we haven't heard anything?

azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class

sanchez - 1 Jun 2017 3:58 PM
walnuts - 1 Jun 2017 2:53 PM

MarkfromCroydon - 1 Jun 2017 11:32 AM

Is this based on anything? Or just because we haven't heard anything?

I'm hearing this as well. Club struggling to meet his managements terms. From all reports they're asking for a lot.

Kosta though .. deal becoming more and more realistic. Under the cap as well.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search