The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

Author
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Has anyone heard anything about Broxham? Last I saw he was subbed off weeks ago with a headache, now he's nowhere to be seen. Praying its not another freak Valeri situation
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
jlm8695 - 31 Dec 2017 2:59 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Broxham? Last I saw he was subbed off weeks ago with a headache, now he's nowhere to be seen. Praying its not another freak Valeri situation

He said himself  he had the flu. And his twins being sick probably  made ir worse 
sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 31 Dec 2017 5:43 PM
jlm8695 - 31 Dec 2017 2:59 PM

He said himself  he had the flu. And his twins being sick probably  made ir worse 

Yeah my wifes uncle and aunty were both sick for a month with a flu thing, and  with a 4 yr old and  1 yr old they weren't able to properly rest and get over it.
By the way they have triplets don't they? Even harder! 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sanchez - 2 Jan 2018 10:13 AM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 31 Dec 2017 5:43 PM

Yeah my wifes uncle and aunty were both sick for a month with a flu thing, and  with a 4 yr old and  1 yr old they weren't able to properly rest and get over it.
By the way they have triplets don't they? Even harder! 

Yes triplets my bad. And broxy  said it on sen last week  
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

forecast of 41 this saturday. such a shame considering the FFA finally got the kick off time right for the annual Geelong game. Hopefully we get lucky and the cool change comes in early. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 2 Jan 2018 10:49 AM
forecast of 41 this saturday. such a shame considering the FFA finally got the kick off time right for the annual Geelong game. Hopefully we get lucky and the cool change comes in early. 

Oh man! 41! What are the chances of delay and postponement? Wetbulb is means its almost impossible but it does look like the typical blustery late change might come in. 

Selfishly id love this game to be postponed. We have birthing classes during the day, theres a food truck festival on as well that all my mates decided to go to on saturday night and i really need a souva, plus i fucking hate games at geelong but the mrs wants to go.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

BOM is saying an afternoon change, so I'm hoping that by 5:30 it'll be cooling down well and truly. Might have a stiff breeze to contend with however.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

scubaroo - 2 Jan 2018 10:56 AM

Selfishly id love this game to be postponed. 

we have to play in Wellington mid week, so you'd think delaying it til Sunday is out of the question... then again, we are talking about the FFA. 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Im movinf house Saturday.  So mighr not go. Gotta be fun in the heat. But im used to it as i deliver  kitchens  as a day job 
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Goal (notoriously unreliable) reporting that Antonis will be signing for multiple years, rather than just on loan for the rest of this season.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

jlm8695 - 2 Jan 2018 1:46 PM
Goal (notoriously unreliable) reporting that Antonis will be signing for multiple years, rather than just on loan for the rest of this season.

Hmm. Either  captain carl will retire at  the end of the season or millsy leaves 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

If I had to bet I’d say Valeri would be retiring after this season.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

tsf - 2 Jan 2018 2:53 PM
If I had to bet I’d say Valeri would be retiring after this season.

Same.  He hasnt been the same since  he came back from that mysterious  bug. He's  been a steady  hand but the game has past him by
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 2 Jan 2018 2:30 PM

Hmm. Either  captain carl will retire at  the end of the season or millsy leaves 

the article says they are both leaving (Valeri retiring and Milligan overseas).
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Feed_The_Brox - 2 Jan 2018 3:15 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 2 Jan 2018 2:30 PM

the article says they are both leaving (Valeri retiring and Milligan overseas).

Its goal. Com take  it with a grain of salt
sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Midfield of Milligan, Troisi and Antonis is looking good! Wouldn't mind picking up a fullback or two now and we should get something cracking.

Prem is all but SFC's now, but hopefully we can have a strong push in the ACL. Kosta, Bes and George as the 3, hopefully look for an Asian LB would be ideal.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

So both Djulbic (injury replacement for Donachie) and Antonis (2.5 year deal - end of the 19/20 season) have been confirmed by the club this morning.

Decent players with A-League pedigree - that said, whilst Antonis wouldn't be commanding star player wages, he wouldn't be cheap, so I wonder if his contract is backended with the intention that one of the incumbents (most like Valeri) leaves at season's end. Either way, as far as recruiting Australian players goes, seems like a decent transfer window.
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

So this is probably an admission that Sanchez hasn't worked out and Valeri's time is coming to an end. Our squad is pretty stacked now, all we need is a left-back and we'd be set.
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Valeri will no doubt retire at seasons end and Sanchez will be dropped for the ACL.
So there will be times he will come in handy but it will be similar appearances like Mahazi did for us.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

433 - 3 Jan 2018 11:35 AM
So this is probably an admission that Sanchez hasn't worked out and Valeri's time is coming to an end. Our squad is pretty stacked now, all we need is a left-back and we'd be set.

there has been a rumour on social media about signing Corey Brown from Brisbane. I personally don't rate him, but he would at least fill our last remaining hole.  
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Best squad if all available ?

Berisha
George    Troisi     Kosta
    Antonis     Milligan
Deng  Williams  Donachie  Geria
          Thomas

Bench: Acton, Theoharous, Broxham, Nigro, Valeri, 
Squad: Sanchez, Hope, Athiu, Warring, Ingham, Austin, Dino

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
sanchez
sanchez
Pro

Iknowbest - 3 Jan 2018 11:49 AM
Best squad if all available ?

Berisha
George    Troisi     Kosta
    Antonis     Milligan
Deng  Williams  Donachie  Geria
          Thomas

Bench: Acton, Theoharous, Broxham, Nigro, Valeri, 
Squad: Sanchez, Hope, Athiu, Warring, Ingham, Austin, Dino

Forgot about the Deng at LB experiment! Would prefer an actual LB and keep him at CB, even with Donks back. Speaking of do we know what his eta is?

Strange to have 3DM's in a 5 man bench but the versatility of Brox and Nigro is invaluable. Though I am not sure I would even have Valeri in the match day squad. With Brox and Nigro you cover the whole defensive half, would rather have more attacking options than just Theo to come off the bench. Having said that, I do like not seeing Ingham and Austin nowhere near the field. A little bit of me dies every time Ingham (or Austin when he was fit) comes on before Theo.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

sanchez - 3 Jan 2018 12:47 PM
[quote]

Forgot about the Deng at LB experiment! Would prefer an actual LB and keep him at CB, even with Donks back. Speaking of do we know what his eta is?

I'm not saying Deng should play LB, but he defends well and has pace. A bit like Geria who was a CB at youth level. Not sure if he can cross or has any attacking instinct though. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by Feed_The_Brox
sanchez
sanchez
Pro

Feed_The_Brox - 3 Jan 2018 1:08 PM

I'm not saying Deng should play LB, but he defends well and has pace. A bit like Geria who was a CB at youth level. Not sure if he can cross or has any attacking instinct though. 
 Nigro and Brox aren't exactly Roberto Carlos either. Deng doesn't mind the odd stroll forward though at least!

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Strange to have 3DM's in a 5 man bench but the versatility of Brox and Nigro is invaluable. Though I am not sure I would even have Valeri in the match day squad. With Brox and Nigro you cover the whole defensive half, would rather have more attacking options than just Theo to come off the bench. Having said that, I do like not seeing Ingham and Austin nowhere near the field. A little bit of me dies every time Ingham (or Austin when he was fit) comes on before Theo.

I would prefer a proper LB too but Deng did a good job on Adrian at he start of the year. He was too fast and strong.
I would not have Hope instead of Valeri on the bench if it was my call.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Whats the hottest temp an a-league game has been played in, i recall a Melbourne heart/city game in Albury that was pretty hot.
Latest reports is that it will hit 44 degrees in geelong (melbourne 41) at 5pm with the cool change not coming til 8pm.

Decided not to go, mrs is 32 weeks pregnant so beers at home it is. Not a fan of kardinia anyway even if it is close.

Turn around is going to be tough for both teams though. 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Shocked they got it right lol

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

scubaroo - 5 Jan 2018 9:34 AM
Whats the hottest temp an a-league game has been played in, i recall a Melbourne heart/city game in Albury that was pretty hot.
Latest reports is that it will hit 44 degrees in geelong (melbourne 41) at 5pm with the cool change not coming til 8pm.

Decided not to go, mrs is 32 weeks pregnant so beers at home it is. Not a fan of kardinia anyway even if it is close.

Turn around is going to be tough for both teams though. 

A couple of years ago against the Wanderers I remember dying at Aami park. Kosta ripped NTS a good one that day to score, and I swear it was 40 degrees.
Edited
6 Years Ago by jlm8695
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

[quote]
scubaroo - 5 Jan 2018 9:34 AM
Whats the hottest temp an a-league game has been played in

Gold coast in one of the early AAMI Park games was pretty hot. It was at least 40 on the day. 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

This lack of subs/rotation business is really starting to get old.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search