The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

Author
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Bowden - 16 Oct 2018 12:35 PM
What are Deng’s chances of playing primarily as a RB for you guys this season? It’s kinda in the national interest haha

very good i reckon. Deng, Niedermeier and Ansell are all in our best 11 for mine, which means Deng might have to play FB. although i'd say he's more liklely to play on the left than the right as he's more like to play ahead of Brown as opposed to Roux. Brown has played a bit of LW in the preseason as well. 
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Bowden - 16 Oct 2018 12:35 PM
What are Deng’s chances of playing primarily as a RB for you guys this season? It’s kinda in the national interest haha

More chance playing at CB I think, unless Ansell does well and Roux does poorly, then Ansell will partner Georg and Deng shifts across to RB.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Ty for context.

I’d be absolutely stoked if Deng could become the solution to our RB problem. I think he’s a far better footballer than Risdon in terms of pure talent/ability.

Also the potential right-sided partnership of Deng/Mabil is an exciting prospect.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Bowden - 16 Oct 2018 6:09 PM
Ty for context.I’d be absolutely stoked if Deng could become the solution to our RB problem. I think he’s a far better footballer than Risdon in terms of pure talent/ability.Also the potential right-sided partnership of Deng/Mabil is an exciting prospect.

Iirc muscy is making him learn the ropes at fullback .Nothing wrong in learning how to be multi faceted
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Victory observed training like this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/baileymgopies/status/1052362453143543808?s=19

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

King Kenny picking up Tommy Deng from the airport <3

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

@ paladiscious

Re. that formation - that would get the best out of Troisi imo, but I’m not sure it’ll get the best out of Kosta unless he’s given freedom to roam left and right.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Waz - 18 Oct 2018 7:45 AM
@ paladiscious Re. that formation - that would get the best out of Troisi imo, but I’m not sure it’ll get the best out of Kosta unless he’s given freedom to roam left and right.

If Kosta is free as a second striker to roam it could be a cracker.

I'm stoked to see Kev changing it up, at least.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

paladisious - 18 Oct 2018 7:12 AM
King Kenny picking up Tommy Deng from the airport <3

rofl what a lad!
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

omg - kenny is a legend. No wonder so many people at his previous club loved him so much 
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

paladisious - 18 Oct 2018 6:55 AM

no one really knows what our formation will be. its kinda exciting tbh. 
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

So this was posted in the State League forum but I'm also bringing some discussion here as it relates directly to the Vuck. The FFV have released their competition review for 2020 and have come up with a new senior and junior structure:

Probably doesn't mean a whole lot for our senior NPL sides, but the biggest changes will come to our juniors.

For the first time, Melbourne Victory and Melbourne City – who have long agitated for greater access to the junior competitions within Victoria – would be able to field U13, U14, U15 & U16 sides in Victorian football, an increase on their current allotment of Senior, U20, U18 and U15 allowances.

source

This means our boys will be getting a minimum of 33 games a year in the revised FFV youth leagues - a tremendous improvement for our youth. In addition to this, with the best players being able to also add another 8 games in the NYL, our best young players can crack that magical 40+ games a season marker that is important in player development.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

No PPS for NPL?!

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

nico23
nico23
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (178 reputation)Hardcore Fan (178 reputation)Hardcore Fan (178 reputation)Hardcore Fan (178 reputation)Hardcore Fan (178 reputation)Hardcore Fan (178 reputation)Hardcore Fan (178 reputation)Hardcore Fan (178 reputation)Hardcore Fan (178 reputation)Hardcore Fan (178 reputation)Hardcore Fan (178 reputation)

Deng likely to come in in place of one of Brown Ansell or Roux. Say it's Brown,  then our bench looks like this:
Acton, Kenny, Ingham (no other attacking options), Brown, and one of Valeri Brox and Hope
Pretty crazy for Valeri or brox to not even be on the bench. Or maybe they both are but brown drops all the way out, despite being a mainstay in preseason. Also possible that ingham misses out but that doesn't leave us with many attacking changes 
griff1
griff1
Amateur
Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)

nico23 - 18 Oct 2018 2:50 PM

Deng likely to come in in place of one of Brown Ansell or Roux. Say it's Brown,  then our bench looks like this:
Acton, Kenny, Ingham (no other attacking options), Brown, and one of Valeri Brox and Hope
Pretty crazy for Valeri or brox to not even be on the bench. Or maybe they both are but brown drops all the way out, despite being a mainstay in preseason. Also possible that ingham misses out but that doesn't leave us with many attacking changes 

Would Hope be able to cover the wing and midfield spots? Otherwise King Kenny might be the unlucky one to drop out, given that Honda (and to a lesser extent JT and Kosta) can fill the striker spot if need be.
Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

griff1 - 18 Oct 2018 3:33 PM
nico23 - 18 Oct 2018 2:50 PM

Would Hope be able to cover the wing and midfield spots? Otherwise King Kenny might be the unlucky one to drop out, given that Honda (and to a lesser extent JT and Kosta) can fill the striker spot if need be.

And people say we have no depth. Toivonen isn't fully fit. So I imagine King Kenny will get gametime at the derby. Probably a second half substitute.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend

Vince Rugari is reporting on Twitter that we've loaned Brisbane Roar youngster Rahmat Akbari for the season - source

Don't know much about him other than he was pretty well rated by all accounts - good to see the production line is still alive :P
Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

walnuts - 19 Oct 2018 8:41 AM
Vince Rugari is reporting on Twitter that we've loaned Brisbane Roar youngster Rahmat Akbari for the season - source

Don't know much about him other than he was pretty well rated by all accounts - good to see the production line is still alive :P

He is very highly rated. I have seen a little of him. He is technically excellent.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

Bocca - 19 Oct 2018 9:39 AM
walnuts - 19 Oct 2018 8:41 AM

He is very highly rated. I have seen a little of him. He is technically excellent.

its very vague, but i think he played a few games for Roar late last season and looked impressive?
sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 19 Oct 2018 10:40 AM
Bocca - 19 Oct 2018 9:39 AM

its very vague, but i think he played a few games for Roar late last season and looked impressive?

I remember him being 'of note' in terms of youngsters. Position though? 
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Akbari is an AM. He’s very good.

We’re all a bit confused why he’s going on loan with Holman injured.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Group: Banned Members
What's his contract status Waz? Could be a move for us looking towards signing him permanently next season. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

Don’t know his contract status as Roar stopped publishing contract lengths last year. But he’s only just turned 18 and they’re normally on 2-3 year deals.

The loan doesn’t make much sense for Roar unless they’re either trying to off load him (the Aloisi’s do have a habit of moving kids on quick) or they think he’ll get game time during your ACL period.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Group: Banned Members
Apparently he was uncontracted and has joined on a permanent deal. 
Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro

jlm8695 - 19 Oct 2018 12:17 PM

Great if true. Not sure how he ended up uncontracted though.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend

jlm8695 - 19 Oct 2018 12:17 PM

Craig Moore has confirmed that - source
Waz
Waz
Legend

Well you’ve got a good deal there. I’m not sure why he’s been moved on but the Aloisi’s are developing a reputation for letting kids go early if they don’t think they can make it.

Contrast that to the legend that is Shannon Brady who is in the last year of a five year contract. Never heard of Shannon? Nope, he don’t play much ...
walnuts
walnuts
Legend

@ Waz

So you rate Akbari then? I must admit, know very little about him other than he made a handful of appearances for you guys last season.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Victory will be streaming the doco that was on Fox Sports last night on their facebook at 6pm today.
Waz
Waz
Legend

Yeah, I rate Akbari. He’s still got a bit of physicality to build and he doesn’t have the speed of Arzani to get himself out of trouble but he has silky skills and is very creative.

He’s an absolute standout in NPL and did okay in the handful of games in the HAL. That transition from NPL into HAL is always the tricky bit, I’m assuming JA thinks he can’t do it quick enough for Roar (bearing in mind we’ve got Mauk on a 4 year contract so that might have come into consideration).
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search