The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

Author
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Keep forgetting the BB is this Sunday.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

uower2500
uower2500
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

Higuys, just wondering if Victory will has any training session at Jubilee Oval before this Sunday's match? Any idea? Cheers!
sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

How good is Honda?! I mean skill wise he is obviously sublime, but just the way he conducts himself, never rolls around carrying on, never gets in peoples faces, (from what little I've seen) seems very accomodating to fans. Absolute pro. Even the fact that he is concurrently a national team manager would have gone unnoticed if there was no coverage of it.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
sanchez - 25 Nov 2018 8:22 PM
How good is Honda?! I mean skill wise he is obviously sublime, but just the way he conducts himself, never rolls around carrying on, never gets in peoples faces, (from what little I've seen) seems very accomodating to fans. Absolute pro. Even the fact that he is concurrently a national team manager would have gone unnoticed if there was no coverage of it.

More than just a player, a really larger than life guy and a consummate pro. So glad we've got him.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

What position was Honda playing he looked really deep
Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 25 Nov 2018 8:49 PM
What position was Honda playing he looked really deep

He plays on the right in the diamond midfield.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

paladisious - 25 Nov 2018 8:35 PM
sanchez - 25 Nov 2018 8:22 PM

More than just a player, a really larger than life guy and a consummate pro. So glad we've got him.

He's the sort of bloke who can really help promote the club in Asia, simply because of his profile - if he continues to have a good time here, I have no doubt he'll do what Delpierre does and recommend the club to all and sundry. Considering the calibre of player that Honda would know, this could be very lucrative in the future, particularly in Asia where A-League clubs have historically struggled to gain a foothold.

He has just slotted in seamlessly - there is no doubt we've got our money's worth both on and off the pitch with Keisuke.

I'm also suspicious he wears really small shorts, because there is no way one's thighs can be that big! Guy doesn't have an ounce of fat on him!

I am over the moon with Honda - he's the perfect marquee (name and performances).
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Etihad in Oval config on Saturday. 

Someone might correct me, but I don't think we've had any football game there (MVFC/Socceroos) in Rectangular mode since AFL took control of the stadium. 
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

jlm8695 - 28 Nov 2018 4:06 PM
Etihad in Oval config on Saturday. 

Someone might correct me, but I don't think we've had any football game there (MVFC/Socceroos) in Rectangular mode since AFL took control of the stadium. 

It probably is more to do with the price than the AFL. Apparently there is quite a substantial additional fee to bring the stands in. MV probably just playing it safe and maximising profits.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

someguyjc - 28 Nov 2018 4:10 PM

It probably is more to do with the price than the AFL. Apparently there is quite a substantial additional fee to bring the stands in. MV probably just playing it safe and maximising profits.

Yeah, my thinking was the people in charge now have probably jacked up the cost of rectangular mode due to how good of a deal we get there (better than 95% of AFL clubs) and them wanting to try and recoup some more revenue in any way possible. 
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Whether it's the AFL being dicks or the cost being too much, the club should just be honest about it.

Saying it's because they expect a large crowd is pathetic and treating us like idiots. That is only an issue for crowds bigger than 47000 and we aren't going to get that against anyone, let alone against Western Sydney.

Viennese Vuck

Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

melbourne_terrace - 28 Nov 2018 4:16 PM

Whether it's the AFL being dicks or the cost being too much, the club should just be honest about it.

Saying it's because they expect a large crowd is pathetic and treating us like idiots. That is only an issue for crowds bigger than 47000 and we aren't going to get that against anyone, let alone against Western Sydney.

True that, a lot of the fan base is split on oval vs rectangle anyway. It doesn't effect my enjoyment of the game because up in level three is a great view.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

i don't think thats true because the Victory deal at Marvel is a set price irrespective of crowd numbers. 

Bocca - 28 Nov 2018 4:53 PM
True that, a lot of the fan base is split on oval vs rectangle anyway. It doesn't effect my enjoyment of the game because up in level three is a great view.

clearly rectangular mode is better from a seeing point of view, but i reckon the accoustics in the stadium are better in oval mode. 
Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro

The club has given another reason now. Two consecutive games and another event following the second Victory game. My guess is rumoured 50k fee to bring seats in is more than the club wants to pay. Would the seats need to go back out in between the two victory games? I'm guessing they would. So that would be another fee of 50k? Do fans want the club to spend that much money to bring the seats in or could that money be better spent on other areas?
walnuts
walnuts
Legend

I'd honestly prefer us to just play all games at AAMI Park if I'm honest aha
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

walnuts - 29 Nov 2018 12:44 PM

Might have AAMI all to ourselves soon.
No Diver again this week.
City's crowd will be terrible. Time to move then to a 2-3K stadium.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

walnuts - 29 Nov 2018 12:44 PM

i don't know any Victory fan worth his grain of salt that would say no to this. 
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Can't see the club doing it whilst the deal is so profitable. Who knows what the league will be like in 2025 when the deal is up, ideally we might have even outgrown AAMI by then. 
killua
killua
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

From memory the club basically get paid to play at docklands. It was reported a few years ago how much we make from the deal and from memory it was something like an extra $200k over the Bubble dome.

Moving the seats in could mean losing all of that so why bother?
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

killua - 29 Nov 2018 9:51 PM
From memory the club basically get paid to play at docklands. It was reported a few years ago how much we make from the deal and from memory it was something like an extra $200k over the Bubble dome.Moving the seats in could mean losing all of that so why bother?

Yeah mv signed a really awesome deal under lord and adp  made some adjustments.  We are getting paid more now too . Afl  hq  jacked the price up for the seats  
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Full time in the final round in Japan. 2-2 draw for Hiroshima and Sapporo and another draw for Kashima.

This confirms Hiroshima for the playoff spot for our group regardless of who wins the Emperor's Cup next week. (They'll still have to with the playoff of course).

Possible Berisha visit, but the chances of him staying with the team or travelling with the squad are slim considering how little he's played.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

So, can  Troisi be ill every week haha?

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

paulbagzFC - 1 Dec 2018 10:32 PM

-PB

Will replace Valeri next week I'd imagine, assuming Raul is fit.

A lot of people wrote Carl off after some patchy form in the beginning of last season, but already showing how important it was to re-sign him. 

Pretty sure it was him who made a brilliant tackle in the box that kick started the 4th goal.

So so so excited to see the football we play in a couple of weeks when all of Toivonen, Kosta, Honda, Antonis and Troisi are on the pitch. 

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Carl was kept on for his leadership qualities . He is the teams barometer . As we all saw in the doco  kev will always single him out 
sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

jlm8695 - 1 Dec 2018 10:58 PM

Will replace Valeri next week I'd imagine, assuming Raul is fit.

A lot of people wrote Carl off after some patchy form in the beginning of last season, but already showing how important it was to re-sign him. 

Pretty sure it was him who made a brilliant tackle in the box that kick started the 4th goal.

So so so excited to see the football we play in a couple of weeks when all of Toivonen, Kosta, Honda, Antonis and Troisi are on the pitch. 

Just need that defence to hold up! Georg keeps throwing himself around, Ansell doesn't fill me with confidence and Deny in his rangey brilliance has the occasional brain snap, in trying to pin point a pass that probably isn't quite on. 

Some delightful football being played though. When Ola is fully fit, look out! 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

-PB

Under any other coach he'd have trouble getting back in after that result.
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Imagine if the League went to 22 games this season and we were deprived 5 games of watching this cracking team. It's taking a while for things to gel but i just love going into a game knowing that we can fucking murder teams when things click.

Viennese Vuck

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

melbourne_terrace - 2 Dec 2018 12:37 AM
Imagine if the League went to 22 games this season and we were deprived 5 games of watching this cracking team. It's taking a while for things to gel but i just love going into a game knowing that we can fucking murder teams when things click.

Just imagine when OLA is fully fit .  Honda is bossing  things and everyone around him is lifting. Him And Antonis already have a understanding which is down right scary 
Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro

I haven't enjoyed watching our team play that much since 2014-15, but this squad is on another level. We have Honda bossing games in midfield and Toivinen getting fit. Two players who just played at the world cup!
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Bocca - 2 Dec 2018 9:03 AM

I haven't enjoyed watching our team play that much since 2014-15, but this squad is on another level. We have Honda bossing games in midfield and Toivinen getting fit. Two players who just played at the world cup!

Correction, they both just scored at the world cup!
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search