The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

Author
Victardy
Amateur
Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Journeyman

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Curious, what does everyone reckon the budget would be for the head coach at MV? It's probably higher than most (if not all) other HAL clubs but it's difficult to say how much. I'm thinking somewhere between 500k and 1m, but hard to say which end it's closer to. 
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Coleman seemingly being linked now.
Edited
5 Years Ago by jlm8695
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Melbourne Victory Football Club will today announce that Kevin Muscat will conclude his role as head coach at the end of the 2018/19 season, with his last game in charge being this Wednesday night.

Muscat will leave Victory as a true club legend - after an incredible 14 years - where he has served as a player, assistant coach and head coach.

Both parties came to a unified agreement that it was time to part ways. Muscat is set to take a break, and the club will take the opportunity to reset and approach the future in a new direction.

Chairman Anthony Di Pietro paid tribute to Muscat’s incredible impact on the club.

“Kevin has been incredibly successful as both a player and coach and will go down as one of the most influential figures in Melbourne Victory’s history,” said Di Pietro. 

“The parting was an ongoing collaboration and unified decision, and we wish Kevin nothing but the best for his future. 

“He is a talented and highly successful coach, has been such an integral part of our club and will always be part of it.”

Muscat joined Victory as one of the club’s first signings in 2005 and captained the team from the inaugural season until 2011. 

His achievements as a player at Victory are unparalleled. Across 138 games in all competitions, he was involved in two Premierships and Championships (2006/07 & 2008/09), and won three Victory Medals.

After ending his playing career in 2011, Muscat stepped into an assistant coach role before taking over as head coach in October 2013 following Ange Postecoglou’s departure to the Socceroos.

He went on to manage the team in 214 games across all competitions, which included a Premiership in 2014/15, a further two Championships (2014/15 & 2017/18) and Victory’s first FFA Cup title in 2015.

Muscat said that after much thought and reflection, the time was right to move on to the next chapter of his career and life.

“This is not a decision made overnight or taken lightly,” Muscat said. 

“I believe the time is right for me to refresh, and in time, seek a new opportunity after giving everything I’ve got emotionally and physically to Melbourne Victory over the last 14 years.

“We have created and earned many great memories along the way including our eight trophies.

“It goes without saying that I will love and support this football club and wish it nothing but success.” 

In relation to the club’s future head coach appointment, Di Pietro stressed that planning had already started. 

“Our priority will be to secure the right person as our next head coach who fits our criteria to take our Club forwards,” said Di Pietro.

“This is an opportunity to reset and shape the next phase of our club, and we view this as an exciting prospect. 

“As I said on Friday, the one thing that will remain constant are the expectations we place on our club. We will not apologise for our relentless pursuit of success and this will remain at the forefront of our decision making.”
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

He leaves a legend and much loved member of the club - always welcome back to watch the boys play. Good time for him to have a break, before hopefully diving into something abroad.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Yep, perfect time to leave. 

I hope the murmurs about Kurz are wrong, I cannot imagine watching such boring football week after week. Would genuinely consider whether or not I'd purchase a membership, I have that little faith in him. I would much rather Rudan and I don;t rate him that highly either. 

Someone NEW please, or let the Assistant take the reigns.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

thanks Kev. And credit to both Kev and the club for coming to a mature, mutual decision. 

As a reward for his service, I'd like to see something named in his honor. the COE? Victory medal? 

jlm8695 - 20 May 2019 10:10 AM
I hope the murmurs about Kurz are wrong, I cannot imagine watching such boring football week after week. 

Yeah its a no from me as well re Kurz. 

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I'm a bit worried. Kev has been such an integral part to our off field stability and keeping the football department professional at all times as well as his strong recruitment record. The game might be a results driven business but to ignore everything else he has done for us outside of matchday would be silly.  

I am more interested atm in a good transition between managers than instant challenges for silverware as loosing such a huge character can be devastating to a club.

As for Kev, the time was right for him to move on, take a break and then eventually get a start overseas. Imo he is absolutely the first in line for a statue.

Viennese Vuck

sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 20 May 2019 10:23 AM
thanks Kev. And credit to both Kev and the club for coming to a mature, mutual decision. 

As a reward for his service, I'd like to see something named in his honor. the COE? Victory medal? 

jlm8695 - 20 May 2019 10:10 AM

Yeah its a no from me as well re Kurz. 

Not to mention waiting till after the Grand Final so as to not take any shine from the day.
Anyway, I think as someone who continually strived for excellence, the Kevin Muscat Centre of Excellence (or something linking him with it) sounds good.
lol, also no to Kurz
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Crea gone apparently.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

paladisious - 24 May 2019 3:29 PM
Crea gone apparently.

Thought this would be the case. We've traditionally never had too many soft tissue issues, but seems like they plagued every member of the squad this season. 

Whether this was luck, poor training methods, poor recovery etc I'm not sure, but happy the new Coach will be able to bring his own people in. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Honda's goodbye message: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx2KZgPlAG7/?igshid=6wio84qe6rrv
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Baena gone confirmed:

sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

paladisious - 25 May 2019 5:16 PM
Baena gone confirmed:

:(
Would give him a marquee contract for his social media videos alone!
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

paladisious - 25 May 2019 5:16 PM
Baena gone confirmed:

Neider too?

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Well deserved.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

paladisious - 25 May 2019 11:26 PM
Well deserved.

I've seen some people suggest my namesake winning says a lot about our season. I look at it as a club stalwart getting a well deserved accolade after years of great service. His contribution to the club will never be considered as high as Kev and Archie, but internally he'll be held in very high regard.  
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Feed_The_Brox - 27 May 2019 10:37 AM
paladisious - 25 May 2019 11:26 PM

I've seen some people suggest my namesake winning says a lot about our season. I look at it as a club stalwart getting a well deserved accolade after years of great service. His contribution to the club will never be considered as high as Kev and Archie, but internally he'll be held in very high regard.  

Agreed, and as I understand points are awarded per game, win or loss, explaining why reliable midfielders and defenders have won it over the years.
Waz
Waz
Legend

paladisious - 28 May 2019 12:51 PM

No, No, NO - stick to the SCRIPT Victory ... you must hire Aloisi and keep the circus going !!! 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Could also just be a case of someone who was forced to stay in Adalaide doing the first thing they could do as soon as they were allowed to leave - go straight to Melbourne.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

I'd much rather Aloisi than Kurz. 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Perhaps he has a love nest in East Melbourne overlooking the park & is going there for some well deserved off season shagging.   
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

New coach is gonna have a blank slate and a lot of cap/visa space to work with.

-PB

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Pls no.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sub007 - 28 May 2019 4:28 PM

Pls no.

What if Marco  was in Melbourne to sign for city
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

So we still have Brox, Roux, Lesiostis, Deng and Lawrence on contract, Troisi and Kosta are free agents. Donchs has gone back to Korea.

Does that mean we still have Brown??

-PB

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 29 May 2019 8:50 AM
So we still have Brox, Roux, Lesiostis, Deng and Lawrence on contract, Troisi and Kosta are free agents. Donchs has gone back to Korea.

Does that mean we still have Brown??

-PB

Broxham is out of contract as well. However with the loyalty exemption and him being a fan favourite he would almost certainly get a new contract for a couple of years.
Brown still has another year on his contract. 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

someguyjc - 29 May 2019 8:56 AM
paulbagzFC - 29 May 2019 8:50 AM

Broxham is out of contract as well. However with the loyalty exemption and him being a fan favourite he would almost certainly get a new contract for a couple of years.

Nooooooooo

-PB

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

someguyjc - 29 May 2019 8:56 AM

pretty sure Broxy signed on for next season a few weeks ago.

Not only is Brown signed for next year, but King Kenny as well. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search