The Australian National Football Team General Discussion*OFFICIAL*

The Australian National Football Team General Discussion*OFFICIAL*

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Keeper66 - 6 Nov 2018 4:14 PM
Decentric - 6 Nov 2018 4:05 PM

I don't have an opinion on what sort of form Taggart is in, but I'm not sure how you could make an assessment based on the Perth game.  He was completely isolated up front and saw very little ball.  For the very small amount of ball he did see, it seemed like Brisbane were trying to use him as a target man to hold the ball up, and I don't think this is a strength of his.

Agree about his ability to be a target man.

I'd be interested to know how he performed in the other two games I've missed this season.

When I saw him play for Glory in one game a year ago, he was brilliant. He was nearly creating chances from goal scoring opportunities that were barely there.

Keeper 66, I think you used to post over a decade ago on here. Where have you been?
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric - 6 Nov 2018 10:04 PM

I'd be interested to know how he performed in the other two games I've missed this season.

When I saw him play for Glory in one game a year ago, he was brilliant.

He was nearly creating chances from goal scoring opportunities that were barely there.

Awful in the first game, missed a ridiculous amount of sitters and chances.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
City Sam - 6 Nov 2018 10:06 PM

Awful in the first game, missed a ridiculous amount of sitters and chances.

His positioning, anticipation and reading of the game to create those chances may have been good, even if he was profligate in finishing.

Against WSW, he was isolated from his number 10 and wingers, and was relatively uninvolved. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Taggart is a weird type of player. He's no Maclaren. I don't know what Aliosi was thinking

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

El-Telepathy - 6 Nov 2018 6:27 PM
johnszasz - 6 Nov 2018 3:47 PM

Just read this, very interesting, just a question. I can't recall us ever playing the Uzbeks in a friendly, why is this?? One of the best sides in the region and they've previously had some pretty decent players. Except for when we smacked them in 2011 they've tested us and beaten us at youth level. Think a game against them would do a lot better than Lebanon.

They're really going out of there way to come here for those friendly games. Good on them. Wouldn't expect the FFA to organise 2 games in across the Atlantic somewhere. Would be cool to play USA and Mexico over a window. 

Only 3 games vs Uzbekistan. 1:0 2:0 and 6:0. Would be cool to finally play in their new stadium. 
Terre Astrale
Terre Astrale
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)

Any word as to when squad is to released for next round of friendlies?
libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Glh37 - 6 Nov 2018 6:35 PM
johnszasz - 6 Nov 2018 3:47 PM

The Uzbeks are also scheduled to play Lebanon on November 15 at Brookvale according to Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzbekistan_national_football_team

vs Lebanon, at Brookvale?

That's kinda funny.
Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Squad announcement is tomorrow at around 11am edt
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Agree about his ability to be a target man.

When I saw him play for Glory in one game a year ago, he was brilliant. He was nearly creating chances from goal scoring opportunities that were barely there.

Keeper 66, I think you used to post over a decade ago on here. Where have you been?

Decentric, I've been on here a few years, and post spasmodically.  Not sure I was here a decade ago though.
Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Any call up for mullet man should be tempered by the fact he should have suspended last round after he was on a yellow card and should have received a second for his two footed studs up tackle on Baumjohann. 
He won't survive a decent ref and won't get protection like Beath gave him.
He might even get a straight red against the jets.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Paul01 - 7 Nov 2018 8:28 PM
Any call up for mullet man should be tempered by the fact he should have suspended last round after he was on a yellow card and should have received a second for his two footed studs up tackle on Baumjohann. 
He won't survive a decent ref and won't get protection like Beath gave him.
He might even get a straight red against the jets.

lol salty much. I don't even support Sydney but your anti Sydney posts, claiming that they get favourable treatment are laughable. One bad challenge won't stop someone getting called up. Also we don't have much depth at RB so he would be a decent backup to Risdon.

Edited
6 Years Ago by sub007
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

Squad in today right? 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Izzo
Deng Degenek Susnjar Gersbach
           A O'Neill McGree 
                    De Silva
      Mabil     Folami    Arzani 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

johnszasz - 8 Nov 2018 8:59 AM
                     Izzo
Deng Degenek Susnjar Gersbach
           A O'Neill McGree 
                    De Silva
      Mabil     Folami    Arzani

Wrong thread. Better post over. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Former Perth Glory FC Head Coach Kenny Lowe has joined Graham Arnold’s coaching staff as an assistant alongside Rene Meulensteen for the November window, while Hans Segers – who played with PSV Eindhoven, Wimbledon and Tottenham Hotspur during his playing career – has assumed the role of goalkeeper coach until the completion of the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019™.
Glh37
Glh37
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/caltex-socceroos-announce-staff-changes-ahead-november-matches?fbclid=IwAR39Elo_RpfQD_JH6IaNCBx9uLaVQ3vmELVPuyDS_-KRhjQAffkelk7iH-8

Ante Milicic will now be the Aussie chief scout. Kenny Lowe replaces him as Socceroos assistant.
chondro
chondro
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Lol..
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Is that a demotion for Milicic?

I wonder if his refusal to live in Australia has caused this.
Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Bowden - 12 Nov 2018 10:48 PM
Is that a demotion for Milicic?I wonder if his refusal to live in Australia has caused this.

More like he failed with the Olyroos and Young Socceroos to qualify for their respective world cups.
Watch Arnold put his mate Stanton in as U20s head coach.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Irvine is in Brisbane already. Must have left late late Saturday or early Sunday to get there. Boyle, Ryan and Milligan there too. 
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Ange and Kev > Arnold and Kenny

Viennese Vuck

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Paul01 - 12 Nov 2018 10:52 PM
Bowden - 12 Nov 2018 10:48 PM

More like he failed with the Olyroos and Young Socceroos to qualify for their respective world cups.
Watch Arnold put his mate Stanton in as U20s head coach.

Dear God, no.  
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Just bought tickets fro Saturday. PAX 29,243. Not a bad effort and still a few days to go.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)

Glh37 - 12 Nov 2018 8:09 PM

good move
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Qatar beat Switzerland 1:0 in Lugano. No excuses as Siwtzerland had a number of their top players. They seemed disinterested and Qatar scored a nice counter at the death.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Graham Arnold has put in place a rotating leadership group, made up of Mark Milligan, Trent Sainsbury, Maty Ryan, Mathew Leckie, Robbie Kruse and Aaron Mooy, with the aim to assess who best stands up to the role.

Regardless I think a leadership group is always a good thing. Interesting to see Luongo omitted. Luongo might have turned it down and after 2 world cups and no game time, some have suggested he might give it up earlier due to all the travel. No one has a right to play but the last tournament was especially harsh on him. 

Abyways there are report Kruse will have the armband for South Korea. Of the leadership group only Sainsbury and Ryan make any decent claim for the long term captaincy. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Japan playing Venezuela now. Saudi vs Yemen later. I expect that one to be quite heated. UAE Bolivia, Oman Syria.

Honduras Panama later. Every game has its own 90 but Panama got a 2:2 in Seoul. We saw them as quite poor at the World Cup and Honduras may just be that one bit better. They're generally the same though.

There's an East Asian Championship on with North Korea, Hong Kong, Mongolia and Taiwan. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Japan with quite a different squad for Venezuela and Kyrgyzstan. Minamono and Doan are going to give us hell over the next decade. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

A late Venezuela penalty sees it end 1:1.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

UAE Bolivia 0:0

Saudi Yemen 1:0

Syria Oman 1:1
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search