The Australian National Football Team General Discussion*OFFICIAL*

The Australian National Football Team General Discussion*OFFICIAL*

Author
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Like to see Connor Pain get a squad position, ahead of Craig Goodwin atm.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

soccerfoo - 18 Nov 2019 7:00 PM
inala brah - 16 Nov 2019 3:27 PM

Matty da Jurman!!!

how is he doing at wsw?  he has been a beast b4.

Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

inala brah - 18 Nov 2019 9:10 PM
soccerfoo - 18 Nov 2019 7:00 PM

how is he doing at wsw?  he has been a beast b4.

Before he was injured he was playing really well for Wanderers.
Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

inala brah - 18 Nov 2019 10:26 AM
Enzo Bearzot - 16 Nov 2019 4:46 PM

would not be opposed. i was thinking that Delbridge is a better option at the moment but Good is (finally) coming into form. i was thinking ahead. but then i checked the ages and Dellbridge is only a year older than Good. 

at least with Delbridge we have someone that will dominate the defensive airspace.  and he puts in a good shift every game.  Can be a bit scrappy but so is everyone in the NT. He is light years ahead of Souttar defensively.  if Ryan can up his leadership from goals and marshall the back line i think a Degenek - Delbridge pair could work very well.

Also, wouldn't be adverse to seeing Jamieson get a look in at left back - with Behich out of form and Smith still needing to get some club minutes under his belt (imo)

Fuck me is Curtis Good still around?!?
Blast from the past that
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Bunch of Hacks - 19 Nov 2019 3:47 AM

Fuck me is Curtis Good still around?!?
Blast from the past that

took him about 6 years to recover from injuries

Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

soccerfoo - 18 Nov 2019 7:02 PM
Like to see Connor Pain get a squad position, ahead of Craig Goodwin atm.

mmmm, nahhh. Pain has been ok. I think Goodwin has the versatility that keeps him in contention most of the time. Plus he has scored a handful of goals in SA.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Don't mind Daniel Garb. He's got something like a 90 man Socceroos provisional squad. He includes everyone who does well. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Nepal Kuwait in under 2 hours. Lots of exciting action across Asia today. 

CanberraHarry
CanberraHarry
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

johnszasz - 19 Nov 2019 6:18 PM
Nepal Kuwait in under 2 hours. Lots of exciting action across Asia today. 

Too much to hope for a Nepal win, or at least a draw, I guess? It’s a rhetorical question!

Glh37
Glh37
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

CanberraHarry - 19 Nov 2019 7:14 PM
johnszasz - 19 Nov 2019 6:18 PM

Too much to hope for a Nepal win, or at least a draw, I guess? It’s a rhetorical question!

I am hoping that Kuwait picks up maximum points from the 3 remaining games where they aren't playing Australia and maximise their chance of qualifying as one of the best 4/5 2nd placed teams.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
johnszasz - 19 Nov 2019 6:17 PM
Don't mind Daniel Garb. He's got something like a 90 man Socceroos provisional squad. He includes everyone who does well. 

You just know he reads Aussies Abroad.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

paladisious - 19 Nov 2019 7:57 PM
johnszasz - 19 Nov 2019 6:17 PM

You just know he reads Aussies Abroad.

We need a shout out on the podcast
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Massive middle shift with Vietnam Thailand, Syria Philippines, Kyrgyzstan Tajikistan and Iraq Bahrain. Hope Iraq win and pull away. 

Glh37
Glh37
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

I am guessing that the Kuwait home WCQ on March 26 will be announced in the early part of December. Are there any rumours about the location ?

I posted before that I think the June 9 Jordan game should be Sydney and that the June 4 game should be close by (East Coast or Adelaide) to minimise travel prior to getting on board the plane to the Copa on the morning of June 10.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Glh37 - 25 Nov 2019 9:55 PM
I am guessing that the Kuwait home WCQ on March 26 will be announced in the early part of December. Are there any rumours about the location ?

I posted before that I think the June 9 Jordan game should be Sydney and that the June 4 game should be close by (East Coast or Adelaide) to minimise travel prior to getting on board the plane to the Copa on the morning of June 10.

Haha that'd be nice. May have to wait until late January. Let's see. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Kuwait lead Saudi 1:0 in Gulf Cup. They're going to be decent in March I think. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

2:0 Kuwait. Haven't checked how many development players each side may have included. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Ends as a 1-3 away win for Kuwait. No idea about respective strengths of the sides, but it's clear that Kuwait are playing much better under their new coach.
Glh37
Glh37
Semi-Pro

johnszasz - 26 Nov 2019 7:45 AM
Glh37 - 25 Nov 2019 9:55 PM

Haha that'd be nice. May have to wait until late January. Let's see. 

Perth has been confirmed for the next match
https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/caltex-socceroos-heading-perth-journey-2022?fbclid=IwAR2JrzH1n0JEsrBbTXRumhoyEnZt8sTVFlme9Amn41OpKYzTvzhYL5eyVDw

The 2021 match dates are Match Days 6 to 10 (march/June/Sep/Oct) of the next stage of qualifying should the Socceroos make it

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Good to see it all sorted for Kuwait. A slightly shorter journey as well. 
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Yep Perth to Nepal makes logistical sense. There are direct flights to India. 
Glh37
Glh37
Semi-Pro

Bowden - 30 Nov 2019 6:43 PM
Yep Perth to Nepal makes logistical sense. There are direct flights to India. 

Sounds good. 

If the flight is Perth-Mumbai then then next leg from Mumbai to either Kathmandu or Thimphu in Bhutan where Nepal played their last "jhome" WCQ appears a similar distance to an Adelaide or Melbourne to Brisbane flight. Hopefully the whole journey can be managed with only 2 flights.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Kuwait finishing bottom of their Gulf Cup group losing 2-4 to Bahrain with two late goals from dinky-di Bahraini Thiago Fernandez.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Such a promising start for them too.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

https://youtu.be/ZRpZqtCrTm4

Souttar just a bit off pace. He'll get turned a lot if he goes to Copa America but I'd like to see him on set pieces. He'll only get better with the chance. 
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

STILL no sign of our attacking gem Arzani? Read that aiming for Boxing Day 1st Celtic team return but haven’t seen him in any Reserves squads so don’t fancy his fitness is good still? We bloody need him for Copa big time IMO
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

johnszasz - 3 Dec 2019 7:48 PM
https://youtu.be/ZRpZqtCrTm4

Souttar just a bit off pace. He'll get turned a lot if he goes to Copa America but I'd like to see him on set pieces. He'll only get better with the chance. 

I can't see him in that squad. He offers something different from set pieces especially against opposition that sit deep but against real football nations his defence will be found out.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

patjennings - 8 Dec 2019 1:12 PM
johnszasz - 3 Dec 2019 7:48 PM

I can't see him in that squad. He offers something different from set pieces especially against opposition that sit deep but against real football nations his defence will be found out.

I think Susnjar must come in. He's been promoted to the K league today. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Bahrain have won the Gulf Cup beating Saudi 1:0.
phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 16 Nov 2019 4:46 PM

would not be opposed. i was thinking that Delbridge is a better option at the moment but Good is (finally) coming into form. i was thinking ahead. but then i checked the ages and Dellbridge is only a year older than Good. 

at least with Delbridge we have someone that will dominate the defensive airspace.  and he puts in a good shift every game.  Can be a bit scrappy but so is everyone in the NT. He is light years ahead of Souttar defensively.  if Ryan can up his leadership from goals and marshall the back line i think a Degenek - Delbridge pair could work very well.

Also, wouldn't be adverse to seeing Jamieson get a look in at left back - with Behich out of form and Smith still needing to get some club minutes under his belt (imo)

I've been thinking Delbridge should get a look-in for a while now. Seems a pretty smart footballer too. Very good in the air... Except for letting 5 foot nothing Fornaroli beat him on the weekend. To be fair though Bouzanis should have taken that easily, and you could see Delbridge going off at him for not coming.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search