What happened to our 'best young prospect?' (De Silva.)

What happened to our 'best young prospect?' (De Silva.)

Author
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
miron mercedes - 24 May 2017 7:58 AM
Some of you guys need to get a life ...I see nothing wrong with the original post...faulty grammar aside...but hey... not everyone is a Rhodes Scholar.
As for whether he is a multi ?...who cares ? Whatever floats his boat ...it is not hurting any of you .
Maybe some of you need to disconnect , get up and go outside for a while instead of living your life on a forum.
His point is valid....so often we hear of "child prodigies" going overseas to never be heard of again . In De Silva's case he actually had some runs on the board before going so it is worth asking if these guys go too early  .

multi confirmed.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

notice how all the aussies got out of roda fairly quickly?  juric complained about the astro turf. i suspect the club has some issues.

isn't de silva still contracted with perth?  we should take him as an injury replacement for brandan.

rooboy91
rooboy91
Hacker
Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)Hacker (430 reputation)

He was sent back to Australia because he's injured. Last report was that he was still technically a Roda loan player. Maybe one day someone will honestly explain what happened with the Roda/PG/Roma transfer triangle.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Decentric - 24 May 2017 8:54 AM
miron mercedes - 24 May 2017 7:58 AM

Don't agree with you entirely, MM, but many need to stop taking forum life too seriously.

The original post by the  perpetrator of the thread has merit as a football topic. One other poster, new Signing, states that any poster who discusses football is a worthy poster. I tend to agree. Whether he is a multi or not he is generating genuine football discussion and has done before.

I'm puzzled about Da Silva's club career too.

Person 1: *spends hours of free time every day maintaining various online personas to feel superior on a football internet forum*
Person 2: "Hey, you shouldn't do that."
Person 1: "OMZG get a life loser!!!!11!!!"
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Yeah like wtf is all this dumb discussion about multi and shit
Im actually curious as to what happened to De Silva.... what ln earth did i say
@mm thanks man. Its the internet so its all g

TimmyJ
TimmyJ
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

So since this thread no longer has anything to do with the topic am I to assume no one has any idea about De Silva?
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

TimmyJ - 25 May 2017 9:11 AM
So since this thread no longer has anything to do with the topic am I to assume no one has any idea about De Silva?

A talented No.10, playmaker type who had great potential but I guess he got stuffed up by the transfer with Roma and got into a mess at the dutch club Roda JC.

He's still young and can turn it around, he just needs to start playing again.
Maybe he could reunite with Okon at CCM? That's where he got noticed for the Young Socceroos as a 16-year-old.
pippinu
pippinu
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Roda is a pretty small club, not surprising given Kerkrade is a pretty small town.  It has recently spent time in the Eerstedivisie, more often than not, struggles to ward off relegation from the Eredivisie.

To be honest, pointless playing in the Eerstedivisie, it's around the same level as the A-League. Salaries are actually pretty close, which gives you a good indication.

In the bottom half of the Eerstedivisie, there are some tiny clubs with stadium capacities of 5k and less.
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

pippinu - 25 May 2017 10:51 AM
Roda is a pretty small club, not surprising given Kerkrade is a pretty small town.  It has recently spent time in the Eerstedivisie, more often than not, struggles to ward off relegation from the Eredivisie.

To be honest, pointless playing in the Eerstedivisie, it's around the same level as the A-League.
Salaries are actually pretty close, which gives you a good indication.

In the bottom half of the Eerstedivisie, there are some tiny clubs with stadium capacities of 5k and less.

Misread... Ignore my post
Edited
7 Years Ago by City Sam
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

But on the other end the Eredvise has world renowned clubs that are very big in the world like Ajax and Feyenoord. Its much better than the A-league
De Silva is still 20 so all hope isnt lost
Its just a lot of it has vanished
tfozz
tfozz
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Development is a complex myriad of challengers. The guy needs to find his standard and just play not youth teams or reserves first team football. Do that and anything is possible. Problem is we rely on foreign clubs to do it so it increases the unpredictable nature.
Auz Football Fan
Auz Football Fan
Under 7s
Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)

@tfozz

Yes but look at gold generation, players like Kewell had to bide his time in lower leagues and reserves before finally getting a crack in his late 20s
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Auz Football Fan - 25 May 2017 10:19 PM
@tfozz

Yes but look at gold generation, players like Kewell had to bide his time in lower leagues and reserves before finally getting a crack in his late 20s

Kewell didn't get his first crack in his late 20's...
Auz Football Fan
Auz Football Fan
Under 7s
Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)

City Sam - 25 May 2017 10:22 PM
Auz Football Fan - 25 May 2017 10:19 PM

Kewell didn't get his first crack in his late 20's...

@City Sam

Ok i got that bit wrong but he did have to work his way up to liverpool via millwall
City Sam
City Sam
World Class

Auz Football Fan - 25 May 2017 10:31 PM

@City Sam

Ok i got that bit wrong but he did have to work his way up to liverpool via millwall

He never played for Milwall, he was part of a fantastic Leeds team which fell apart due to financial troubles.
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

Yeah i meant leeds

Auz Football Fan
Auz Football Fan
Under 7s

Back on topic. He needed to break into the first team when he was transferred to POAK
Recoba
Recoba
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)

@Auz   Antonis ??

soil
soil
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Transfermarkt says De SIlva is back at Perth with the loan to Roda finished. They're wrong but I'm hoping it's true and he comes back to get some momentum. 
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

@City Sam

LOL
Greekaroos
Greekaroos
Amateur
Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)

Don't expect to dominate as a attacking midfielder/playmaker in the Netherlands top tier if you were just potential in the A-League.
scnertho
scnertho
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (222 reputation)Hardcore Fan (222 reputation)Hardcore Fan (222 reputation)Hardcore Fan (222 reputation)Hardcore Fan (222 reputation)Hardcore Fan (222 reputation)Hardcore Fan (222 reputation)Hardcore Fan (222 reputation)Hardcore Fan (222 reputation)Hardcore Fan (222 reputation)Hardcore Fan (222 reputation)

@City Sam

There are so many things wrong with your conception of Australia football history I don't know where to start - Harry Kewell was starting regularly and scoring goals for Leeds United, in the EPL, before he was even 20 years old. With Kewell as a key contributor, Leeds made the semi-final of the Champions League in the late 90's/early 2000's, losing a tight tie to Valencia. 

Tim Cahill played for Milwall before moving to Everton, Kewell probably never even set foot in the place.

Escobar Caesar
Escobar Caesar
Hacker
Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)

Hey  guys reckon young Aussie players should avoid the serie A altogether due to almost being guranteed being perenally on the bench ?

City Sam
City Sam
World Class

@City Sam

Aus Football Fan - 25 May 2017 10:45 PM
Yeah i meant leeds

If you are going to multi lad, remember which account you are on when you respond to me.

Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

Thats not me wtf
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

Who the hell says multi
I only have one account
Honeslty how sad does ur life have to be to the point where u literally have nothing better to do than create a fake mock hp account of me and just say troll comments.
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

@escabor
They shouldnt avoid it if they know they can realistically play week in week out which should be the goal of evrey young Australian
@screntho
Thats a troll account
Edited
7 Years Ago by Aus Football Fan
City Sam
City Sam
World Class

Aus Football Fan - 26 May 2017 11:20 PM
Thats not me wtf

You said yeah i meant Leeds on that account when i was in conversation with your multi.
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

Thats not my accountYou mean the account that someone made of me from a guy who has no life
Lets get back to the topic
Edited
7 Years Ago by Aus Football Fan
City Sam
City Sam
World Class

Aus Football Fan - 25 May 2017 10:45 PM
Yeah i meant leeds

That is your main account... you see how it is spelt Aus, that is because it is you.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search