What happened to our 'best young prospect?' (De Silva.)

What happened to our 'best young prospect?' (De Silva.)

Author
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I dont post spam
And i really dont care what randoms online think about me. Seriously why would i? Its anonymous accounts
George_Worst
George_Worst
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Aus Football Fan - 26 May 2017 11:31 PM

Only cause i read your comment and i didnt have much time to look over the thread

^^^^

Maybe if you spent more time reading over the topic and thinking before you bashed keys on your computer and infected this forum with your spam people wouldn't resent you so much. 
Recoba
Recoba
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)

Aus Football Fan - 26 May 2017 11:27 PM
Yeah i knowWhen i said that was not my account i was refforing to the auz troll account I said that by accident

whipping a dead horse
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

By accident hahhhaha
Only cause i read your comment and i didnt have much time to look over the thread
Can we get back to the actual topic now pls
Edited
7 Years Ago by Aus Football Fan
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Aus Football Fan - 26 May 2017 11:27 PM
Yeah i knowWhen i said that was not my account i was refforing to the auz troll account I said that by accident

Wait, so you mistook the troll accounts comment as your own?
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

Yeah i know
When i said that was not my account i was refforing to the auz troll account
I said that by accident
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Aus Football Fan - 25 May 2017 10:45 PM
Yeah i meant leeds

That is your main account... you see how it is spelt Aus, that is because it is you.
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

Thats not my accountYou mean the account that someone made of me from a guy who has no life
Lets get back to the topic
Edited
City Sam
City Sam
World Class

Aus Football Fan - 26 May 2017 11:20 PM
Thats not me wtf

You said yeah i meant Leeds on that account when i was in conversation with your multi.
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

@escabor
They shouldnt avoid it if they know they can realistically play week in week out which should be the goal of evrey young Australian
@screntho
Thats a troll account
Edited
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

Who the hell says multi
I only have one account
Honeslty how sad does ur life have to be to the point where u literally have nothing better to do than create a fake mock hp account of me and just say troll comments.
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

Thats not me wtf
City Sam
City Sam
World Class

Auz Football Fan - 25 May 2017 10:31 PM
City Sam - 25 May 2017 10:22 PM

@City Sam

Ok i got that bit wrong but he did have to work his way up to liverpool via millwall

Aus Football Fan - 25 May 2017 10:45 PM
Yeah i meant leeds

If you are going to multi lad, remember which account you are on when you respond to me.

Escobar Caesar
Escobar Caesar
Hacker
Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)

Hey  guys reckon young Aussie players should avoid the serie A altogether due to almost being guranteed being perenally on the bench ?

scnertho
scnertho
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (223 reputation)Hardcore Fan (223 reputation)Hardcore Fan (223 reputation)Hardcore Fan (223 reputation)Hardcore Fan (223 reputation)Hardcore Fan (223 reputation)Hardcore Fan (223 reputation)Hardcore Fan (223 reputation)Hardcore Fan (223 reputation)Hardcore Fan (223 reputation)Hardcore Fan (223 reputation)

@City Sam

Ok i got that bit wrong but he did have to work his way up to liverpool via millwall

There are so many things wrong with your conception of Australia football history I don't know where to start - Harry Kewell was starting regularly and scoring goals for Leeds United, in the EPL, before he was even 20 years old. With Kewell as a key contributor, Leeds made the semi-final of the Champions League in the late 90's/early 2000's, losing a tight tie to Valencia. 

Tim Cahill played for Milwall before moving to Everton, Kewell probably never even set foot in the place.

Greekaroos
Greekaroos
Amateur
Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)Amateur (517 reputation)

Don't expect to dominate as a attacking midfielder/playmaker in the Netherlands top tier if you were just potential in the A-League.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)

@City Sam

LOL
soil
soil
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Transfermarkt says De SIlva is back at Perth with the loan to Roda finished. They're wrong but I'm hoping it's true and he comes back to get some momentum. 
Recoba
Recoba
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)

@Auz   Antonis ??

Auz Football Fan
Auz Football Fan
Under 7s
Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)

Back on topic. He needed to break into the first team when he was transferred to POAK
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

Yeah i meant leeds

City Sam
City Sam
World Class

@City Sam

He never played for Milwall, he was part of a fantastic Leeds team which fell apart due to financial troubles.
Auz Football Fan
Auz Football Fan
Under 7s
Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)

Auz Football Fan - 25 May 2017 10:19 PM

Kewell didn't get his first crack in his late 20's...

@City Sam

City Sam
City Sam
World Class

Auz Football Fan - 25 May 2017 10:19 PM
@tfozz

Yes but look at gold generation, players like Kewell had to bide his time in lower leagues and reserves before finally getting a crack in his late 20s

Kewell didn't get his first crack in his late 20's...
Auz Football Fan
Auz Football Fan
Under 7s

@tfozz

Yes but look at gold generation, players like Kewell had to bide his time in lower leagues and reserves before finally getting a crack in his late 20s
tfozz
tfozz
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Development is a complex myriad of challengers. The guy needs to find his standard and just play not youth teams or reserves first team football. Do that and anything is possible. Problem is we rely on foreign clubs to do it so it increases the unpredictable nature.
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

But on the other end the Eredvise has world renowned clubs that are very big in the world like Ajax and Feyenoord. Its much better than the A-league
De Silva is still 20 so all hope isnt lost
Its just a lot of it has vanished
City Sam
City Sam
World Class

pippinu - 25 May 2017 10:51 AM
Roda is a pretty small club, not surprising given Kerkrade is a pretty small town.  It has recently spent time in the Eerstedivisie, more often than not, struggles to ward off relegation from the Eredivisie.

To be honest, pointless playing in the Eerstedivisie, it's around the same level as the A-League.
Salaries are actually pretty close, which gives you a good indication.

In the bottom half of the Eerstedivisie, there are some tiny clubs with stadium capacities of 5k and less.

Misread... Ignore my post
Edited
7 Years Ago by City Sam
pippinu
pippinu
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Roda is a pretty small club, not surprising given Kerkrade is a pretty small town.  It has recently spent time in the Eerstedivisie, more often than not, struggles to ward off relegation from the Eredivisie.

To be honest, pointless playing in the Eerstedivisie, it's around the same level as the A-League. Salaries are actually pretty close, which gives you a good indication.

In the bottom half of the Eerstedivisie, there are some tiny clubs with stadium capacities of 5k and less.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

TimmyJ - 25 May 2017 9:11 AM
So since this thread no longer has anything to do with the topic am I to assume no one has any idea about De Silva?

A talented No.10, playmaker type who had great potential but I guess he got stuffed up by the transfer with Roma and got into a mess at the dutch club Roda JC.

He's still young and can turn it around, he just needs to start playing again.
Maybe he could reunite with Okon at CCM? That's where he got noticed for the Young Socceroos as a 16-year-old.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search