BDP

Author
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
For the site itself, it is slow to load, but we need some new posters.

I just don't feel like hanging out anywhere else.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

dman2018 - 1 Aug 2022 5:21 PM
Villi and I in 6 vs 7 sudden death SC this week… 
You’ve had a reasonable year mate… but can start preparing for next year on Monday…

For Villi every monday is Mad Monday 😁
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

hounddog - 1 Aug 2022 5:54 PM
For the site itself, it is slow to load, but we need some new posters.

I just don't feel like hanging out anywhere else.

Yes
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

One thing that is bugging me, we get a few offloads, the opposition defensive line is all over the shop, the ball goes to Flanno, he thows a few dummies then mostly gets caught with the ball and the opportunity is lost.

Instead I would much prefer early ball to Burton or Averillo after offloads moving the ball to the edges and giving it to guys with a running threat and speed is a much better option.

It is little areas like this we need to improve to take the next step.

A win over the Cows would be great.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

hd, Flanagan admittedly has improved, but not enough to show that he is what we need to go to the next level. He plays a good structured role but doesn't have the vision to play ad lib when the opposition is disorganised.
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

ODF - 2 Aug 2022 6:08 PM
hd, Flanagan admittedly has improved, but not enough to show that he is what we need to go to the next level. He plays a good structured role but doesn't have the vision to play ad lib when the opposition is disorganised.

I don't  know if it's  vision or he just hasn't  the zip to take advantage  of the opposition. He tried to a couple of times last week but unfortunately  just doesn't  have  it. If he hasn't  got it it can't  be learned. Next option please.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

hounddog - 2 Aug 2022 5:04 PM
One thing that is bugging me, we get a few offloads, the opposition defensive line is all over the shop, the ball goes to Flanno, he thows a few dummies then mostly gets caught with the ball and the opportunity is lost.

Instead I would much prefer early ball to Burton or Averillo after offloads moving the ball to the edges and giving it to guys with a running threat and speed is a much better option.

It is little areas like this we need to improve to take the next step.

A win over the Cows would be great.

I'm away overseas and so haven't been active but I tend to agree with you from I had seen of late.

Ultimately, I am glad we are at least getting multiple opportunities in the opposition half that we can afford to butcher the odd play or two.

It's in years gone by where we couldn't get much good ball in opposition 20m that butchering chances can be the difference between a win and loss.

Still, as you say, if we are to become a good top 6 or top 4 team, we need to be nailing these chances more often than not.
Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Carrigan gets 4 weeks for a blatant hip drop tackle...Hastings sustaining a broken leg in the process.....Waddell gets 5 weeks for accidental contact with the eyes...no raking...not even a drop of Visine required by Tino. Please expain!

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 3 Aug 2022 12:53 AM
hounddog - 2 Aug 2022 5:04 PM

I'm away overseas and so haven't been active but I tend to agree with you from I had seen of late.

Ultimately, I am glad we are at least getting multiple opportunities in the opposition half that we can afford to butcher the odd play or two.

It's in years gone by where we couldn't get much good ball in opposition 20m that butchering chances can be the difference between a win and loss.

Still, as you say, if we are to become a good top 6 or top 4 team, we need to be nailing these chances more often than not.

I am just trying to work out why Flanagan is still being selected for NRL.

We can guess Wakeham isn't currently viewed as a better option.

I think that the long term half is BBO or Hayward, but they are being given more time in the lower grades to develop.

We are still winning with Flanno in the side and he is making a contribution.

I like a lot of the defence he does and very little of the attack. As to whether or not he is organizing the side, I can never judge that.

I will be surpised if we can finish top 4 with him at half, but he might improve stranger things have happened.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Steveswr33333 - 3 Aug 2022 5:21 PM
Carrigan gets 4 weeks for a blatant hip drop tackle...Hastings sustaining a broken leg in the process.....Waddell gets 5 weeks for accidental contact with the eyes...no raking...not even a drop of Visine required by Tino. Please expain!

It's blatent discrimination against the Dogs. Funny how the MRC consisting of two ex queenslanders, handed Wadell an over-the-top penalty in relation to the incident, because another queenslander was involved. Yet Carrigan, another queenslander, gets off relatively lightly for a much worse offence. This has the stench of bias if I ever smelled it.
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro

ODF - 3 Aug 2022 7:46 PM
Steveswr33333 - 3 Aug 2022 5:21 PM

It's blatent discrimination against the Dogs. Funny how the MRC consisting of two ex queenslanders, handed Wadell an over-the-top penalty in relation to the incident, because another queenslander was involved. Yet Carrigan, another queenslander, gets off relatively lightly for a much worse offence. This has the stench of bias if I ever smelled it.

They over analyse. They should just determine that the incident occurred and the judiciary should determine guilt and penalty. Being an ex player, unless they have other qualifications, should not qualify a person to be on the MRC or the judiciary. The wrong people are in the wrong jobs.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Mooloolabadog - 3 Aug 2022 9:54 PM
ODF - 3 Aug 2022 7:46 PM

They over analyse. They should just determine that the incident occurred and the judiciary should determine guilt and penalty. Being an ex player, unless they have other qualifications, should not qualify a person to be on the MRC or the judiciary. The wrong people are in the wrong jobs.

This is the problem. Ex players have great bias. 
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

hounddog - 3 Aug 2022 6:44 PM
Marki - 3 Aug 2022 12:53 AM

I am just trying to work out why Flanagan is still being selected for NRL.

We can guess Wakeham isn't currently viewed as a better option.

I think that the long term half is BBO or Hayward, but they are being given more time in the lower grades to develop.

We are still winning with Flanno in the side and he is making a contribution.

I like a lot of the defence he does and very little of the attack. As to whether or not he is organizing the side, I can never judge that.

I will be surpised if we can finish top 4 with him at half, but he might improve stranger things have happened.

Flanno is currently the best option from the games I have seen. BBO is doing well but isn’t playing anywhere near Flanno. Potentially BBO may be better. But not from what I have seen. 

Burto is playing his best footy. I think a lot of it has to do with Flanno taking over the game management. 

ODF
ODF
Pro

Micko, you nailed it right there. If you have good game managers in your side, you can leave all the tricky stuff to the talented players, where can just focus on their abilities.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

ODF - 4 Aug 2022 10:47 AM
Micko, you nailed it right there. If you have good game managers in your side, you can leave all the tricky stuff to the talented players, where can just focus on their abilities.

Just to add. 

Flanno has the ability to manage a game. Or at least he did in his junior days. 

Burton has a great running game. Or at least he did in his junior days. 

If they both improve in that one area. They will take us to the top of the table. 

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Perhaps Skelton might get a debut against the Cows or more likely the Warriors.

Gus said he is travelling with the side.

Gus seems keen to see if he is ready for NRL.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 4 Aug 2022 3:28 PM
ODF - 4 Aug 2022 10:47 AM

Just to add. 

Flanno has the ability to manage a game. Or at least he did in his junior days. 

Burton has a great running game. Or at least he did in his junior days. 

If they both improve in that one area. They will take us to the top of the table. 

Flanno needs to add the ability to put on plays, passing, running and kicking.

For a half his kicking game is poor.

Passing not too bad, but play selection could be improved.

Running he doesn't seem to have the leg speed to make an impact.

His defence is great for a half.

Involvement and linking the play often good.

Overall I still prefer a half that can run, pass and kick.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

Josh Reynolds is coming home
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Micko - 4 Aug 2022 8:16 PM
Josh Reynolds is coming home

I just heard that on ABC radio… surely it’s not as a player???…
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 4 Aug 2022 8:47 PM
Micko - 4 Aug 2022 8:16 PM

I just heard that on ABC radio… surely it’s not as a player???…

He has asked Gus if he can help out with juniors or community programs.

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 5 Aug 2022 6:16 AM
dman2018 - 4 Aug 2022 8:47 PM

He has asked Gus if he can help out with juniors or community programs.

Can only be a positive for the club if it’s in the community space… Bloke bleeds Blue and White…
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Golden point introduced in 2003… 
 time flies huh comrades…

ODF
ODF
Pro

My biggest issue with GP is why should a team be given extra time to win the two points. I still maintain an outright win three points, draw one point each plus one more point for extra time win.
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro

ODF - 5 Aug 2022 8:57 PM
My biggest issue with GP is why should a team be given extra time to win the two points. I still maintain an outright win three points, draw one point each plus one more point for extra time win.

If you give a team extra time you give an advantage only applicable to selective games. Do the points count in for and against?
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Mooloolabadog - 5 Aug 2022 10:31 PM

If you give a team extra time you give an advantage only applicable to selective games. Do the points count in for and against?

They do…
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro

dman2018 - 6 Aug 2022 11:45 AM
Mooloolabadog - 5 Aug 2022 10:31 PM

They do…

Wow. That's bad. Throughout the season many teams would improve their for and against with extra time.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I agree ODF this is the best solution.

A team that wins in 80 mins deserves an extra point.

And a draw at fulltime deserves one point.

Half of the GP wins are more luck than skill, a wobby field goal after a narrow miss from the other side. A dubious penalty or a lucky bounce.

This system also means for and against is less important and also that teams will push to win in 80.

Edited
2 Years Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

RFM back in for us, probably our best pack and best side for a few weeks.

Tommo is the guy I would like to see in the side, but only if he is healthy.
I am not sure if we will see Tommo again this season, if it comes down to the last 2 weeks, may as well get him ready for 23.

I know his fitness is generally good, but he would be lacking match fitness.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

hounddog - 6 Aug 2022 3:33 PM

I agree ODF this is the best solution.

A team that wins in 80 mins deserves an extra point.

And a draw at fulltime deserves one point.

Half of the GP wins are more luck than skill, a wobby field goal after a narrow miss from the other side. A dubious penalty or a lucky bounce.

This system also means for and against is less important and also that teams will push to win in 80.
Points for a bye is dubious but if it is the same for all doesn't matter.

And leave the bye at 2 points, everyone gets the same amount of points anyway.

Mick O
Mick O
Pro

Honestly. What’s wrong with a draw. No golden point rubbish please. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search