BDP

Author
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Micko - 23 Mar 2024 7:25 PM
Close game on SuperCoach DMan. I think you are saving your best for last. 

It’s all on Nicho now after your Cows players blitzed it…
dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

hounddog - 23 Mar 2024 6:10 PM
I wonder if we will get any team changes next game?

Normally if fully fit Foxy would come straight back in.

But the whole back 5 played well.

Foxy comes straight back in when fit… no questions…

CC isn’t known to make many if any changes after a loss, so I don’t expect any this week…

There are still some questions over The Fish for mine, Manncrush and Curran make us better when on…

Hitch.. his D is great… he finished what he had to finish today… but as a half, the Tolman on the 4th stuff worried me more than Tolman on the 4th ever did… I don’t like the fact that 7exy was 18 this week…

TTAAFFEE  much better this week and will gain plenty of confidence from that game…

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 23 Mar 2024 6:06 PM
intrepidarts - 23 Mar 2024 5:20 PM

After a long period in the wilderness the first win is rarely impressive.

Our attack was still a bit clunky, especially first half, but our defence was too good for a very ordinary Tits team all game.

Next game defence is also the key, aside from Murray not too many defensive workers in the Souths side.

Kick chase also the key to keeping Latrell quiet. 

Stop them from scoring and we will get enough opportunities. 

I thought our attack improved in the second half.  Not just the points we scored but the ball movement to set up the opportunities. 

The Burto kick with Kiks leading the chase has been very effective in shutting down FBs the past two weeks…
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

intrepidarts - 23 Mar 2024 5:20 PM

After a long period in the wilderness the first win is rarely impressive.

Our attack was still a bit clunky, especially first half, but our defence was too good for a very ordinary Tits team all game.

Next game defence is also the key, aside from Murray not too many defensive workers in the Souths side.

Kick chase also the key to keeping Latrell quiet. 

Stop them from scoring and we will get enough opportunities. 

I thought our attack improved in the second half.  Not just the points we scored but the ball movement to set up the opportunities. 

100% agree with all of this.

I really hope we carry this into next week and beat Souths. Im sick of losing to them.

They then play Warriors, Storm and another decent team and if we can get the win, we can more or lesss end their season. 
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Excellent win from the lads today although it is very disturbing that we are still getting some shit calls from the refs. The murrayfarquars don't give up do they.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

dman2018 - 23 Mar 2024 8:02 PM

The Burto kick with Kiks leading the chase has been very effective in shutting down FBs the past two weeks…

Im 50-50 on those kicks.
Kikau was very good today and made the tackles following those kicks. But the issue i have is that they are not contested kicks.

The kicks Hutch put up for Chrichton gave him a chance to contest them and they nearly paid off..even the kick from Chrichton to Burton allowed him to contest it.

But if we are nailing the FB or winger as soon as he takes the kick, im not too fussed.

If we do that next week against Latrell and Johnstone, we can start their sets inside their 20m and hopefully pin them in their own half.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 23 Mar 2024 8:25 PM

100% agree with all of this.

I really hope we carry this into next week and beat Souths. Im sick of losing to them.

They then play Warriors, Storm and another decent team and if we can get the win, we can more or lesss end their season. 

More importantly, if we get a consecutive win we add more fuel our seasons fire..

Glad they won for you and your boy today… Two Mocks do make a right…
Marki
Marki
World Class

ODF - 23 Mar 2024 8:26 PM
Excellent win from the lads today although it is very disturbing that we are still getting some shit calls from the refs. The murrayfarquars don't give up do they.

I was particularly disappointed with how often the Titans were allowed to race off their defensive line as soon as the ball player planted the ball down.

Correct me if im wrong, but arent they suppose to hold until the hooker at least touches the ball?

I was actually under the impression the rule was "ball clear the ruck" but I'd be happy enough if the opposition at least allowed our dummy half to touch the ball. 

Most teams jump early and the refs should be penalising them.

Gus and CC should make a formal complaint about this because its chalk amd cheese when we are attacking or defending.
Marki
Marki
World Class

dman2018 - 23 Mar 2024 8:32 PM
Marki - 23 Mar 2024 8:25 PM

More importantly, if we get a consecutive win we add more fuel our seasons fire..

Glad they won for you and your boy today… Two Mocks do make a right…

Yes they do!

And emphatic win too!
In all seriousness though, i think the Titans are in for a long season and probably specials for the spoon. 

Unless they get Campbell back quickly or move AJ Brimson into their spine, they are in serious trouble. Their spine is putrid. 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 23 Mar 2024 8:31 PM
dman2018 - 23 Mar 2024 8:02 PM

Im 50-50 on those kicks.
Kikau was very good today and made the tackles following those kicks. But the issue i have is that they are not contested kicks.

The kicks Hutch put up for Chrichton gave him a chance to contest them and they nearly paid off..even the kick from Chrichton to Burton allowed him to contest it.

But if we are nailing the FB or winger as soon as he takes the kick, im not too fussed.

If we do that next week against Latrell and Johnstone, we can start their sets inside their 20m and hopefully pin them in their own half.

Here we go… 

There aren’t too many contested kicks when kicking form your own half… which is what Burto mainly did, and nailed.. and not even close to the same situation as Hitch’s kicks… From memory Burto put up a reasonable cross field kick for the outside backs to contest… his poor one was the one where he probably should’ve put it along the ground instead of a dink…

it was highly effective today and very effective last week… but you have BDS so you couldn’t possibly agree with a positive and can only draw a ridiculous comparison…
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 23 Mar 2024 7:47 PM
Micko - 23 Mar 2024 7:25 PM

It’s all on Nicho now after your Cows players blitzed it…

Nicho is going to have to be good to win it from here. 
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

The Tigers getting every call at home. No surprise. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 23 Mar 2024 9:24 PM

We are about the only team that don't get that.

We did up to around the year 2000.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

What this week shows is that we can definitely win more games if we build pressure on the opposition.

Complete our yardage sets, kick, chase, tackle. Take our chances at their end.
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
Marki
Marki
World Class

dman2018 - 23 Mar 2024 8:41 PM
Marki - 23 Mar 2024 8:31 PM

Here we go… 

There aren’t too many contested kicks when kicking form your own half… which is what Burto mainly did, and nailed.. and not even close to the same situation as Hitch’s kicks… From memory Burto put up a reasonable cross field kick for the outside backs to contest… his poor one was the one where he probably should’ve put it along the ground instead of a dink…

it was highly effective today and very effective last week… but you have BDS so you couldn’t possibly agree with a positive and can only draw a ridiculous comparison…

I said i was 50-50 on them. I didn't say they were rubbish.

Against Parra, our chase and anticipated timing of the tackle wasnt good amd Gutho took the bombs easily and sidestepped the rushing defence.

Those kicks were therefore a poor choice.
Today, the rushing defence did better and nailed their man, making the kicks a good choice.

What im saying is those kicks are only good if your defenders make the tackles. Otherwise you might be better off kicking abit shorter and allowing your players to contest the ball.

Its not all BDS. Its the type of kick im commenting on.
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

I think that win is under estimated. That’s the best win we’ve had this decade, maybe in a decade. And not because of how we performed or the quality of the opposition or even who was really in our team or theirs - it was because we finally looked like we had a… style… an identity…. a clue on how we wanted to play football and a plan to do it.

I think it’ll be looked back on as the first game we looked like we knew how to play Cirro’s Bulldogball.

Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

And just quietly, Cam Ciraldo out-coached multi premiership winner Des Hasler with one master tactic.

Destroy Tanah Boyd. He mightn’t ever play football again.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Zef - 23 Mar 2024 9:57 PM
I think that win is under estimated. That’s the best win we’ve had this decade, maybe in a decade. And not because of how we performed or the quality of the opposition or even who was really in our team or theirs - it was because we finally looked like we had a… style… an identity…. a clue on how we wanted to play football and a plan to do it.

I think it’ll be looked back on as the first game we looked like we knew how to play Cirro’s Bulldogball.

The good things about our style is that is repeatable, and it suits the squad. 

Most games we are fit and mobile enough to kick, chase, tackle for 80 mins.

We have players well suited to long yardage kicks, Burton and Marhoney.

Cirro was always going to base  our identity on being a hard-working defence oriented team. 

Most games we should be hard to beat, harder than a glance at our line-up suggests.

Compared to teams like the Roosters and Panthers we don't have the fire power to match it with them for 80 mins. However, if those sides have a off day or we get a run of early possession, we can even be in those games.

As for the attack,  the Tits defence was ordinary at times, but we could easily have scored 2 more try's. Curran in particular was robbed of a legitimate try IMO. There is more improvement in the attack.

Not only did we have both halves on the same side, I am sure Kiks was on the right as a decoy for the Preston try. Marhoney came into the game late and had his best game in attack for sometime. 

The kick, chase, tackle should buy time for the attack to improve.

I will be happy with finishing 7th-10th, we can build on this next season. 
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Zef - 23 Mar 2024 10:02 PM
And just quietly, Cam Ciraldo out-coached multi premiership winner Des Hasler with one master tactic.

If you have seen fighter planes or drag racers they paint the badges of thier victims on.

Kiks should aim to collect an NRL half per week.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Micko - 23 Mar 2024 9:24 PM

Over to you ODF.. 😂
Marki
Marki
World Class

I think you are being over dramatic...

A quality team would have taken their chances against us, and probably defended us better.

Not saying we lose, but i put this game into context of how poor the opposition was. 

Im glad we didnt stoop to their level and ran away with it. For me, that is the most pleasing part. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 23 Mar 2024 10:42 PM

I think you are being over dramatic...

A quality team would have taken their chances against us, and probably defended us better.

Not saying we lose, but i put this game into context of how poor the opposition was. 

Im glad we didnt stoop to their level and ran away with it. For me, that is the most pleasing part. 

However, no half in the NRL will be standing shallow to kick against a rampaging Kiks.

We need Preston doing the same on his side.

Kick pressure is an effort area that makes a difference. 

Zef
Zef
Pro

well f*** me purple if I thought you’d see the point I was making.

And that point was I don’t care who we were playing or how well we executed how we played.. It was because we played like we had a plan on how we wanted to play - and how you wanted us to play.

Did you not think we played like there was a plan and strategy to it? And not just short term game plan but long term style plan.

I’ll put it to you that the Conner Tracey try and the lead up to it was our best statement of how we intend to play and high IQ football you haven’tseen out of this team since the dark ages and indeed had everything you’ve been asking for.

First there’s the disallowed try - a raid down the left Burton to Chricton to Tracy TRY…but foot into touch.

Then a great defensive set that included one of the times Kikau painted Boyd on his airplane.

A few  minutes later we go left again - Burton uses Kikau as a decoy, onto Chricton clean break back inside Hutch goes right to give Kiraz and Wilson their chance which they almost take. Kiraz long pass from DH to the middle which is almost a nothing play but Sam Hughes straightens and punches hard for a quick ptb. Go left again this time Burton uses Chricton as the decoy onto Kikau onto Tracy TRY.

You’ve been asking for high IQ football, there it was, you’ve been asking for Burton to set the outside loose, there it was - he swapped Kikau and Chricton as decoy/receiver in two plays with a sweep to the right in between.

All of this was strategic high IQ football like you haven’t see from us in a decade and it wasn’t the only time.

Look closer.

Edited
2 Months Ago by Zef
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 23 Mar 2024 9:31 PM
dman2018 - 23 Mar 2024 8:41 PM

I said i was 50-50 on them. I didn't say they were rubbish.

Against Parra, our chase and anticipated timing of the tackle wasnt good amd Gutho took the bombs easily and sidestepped the rushing defence.

Those kicks were therefore a poor choice.
Today, the rushing defence did better and nailed their man, making the kicks a good choice.

What im saying is those kicks are only good if your defenders make the tackles. Otherwise you might be better off kicking abit shorter and allowing your players to contest the ball.

Its not all BDS. Its the type of kick im commenting on.

Interestingly you refer to the Parra game.. but no mention of the Sharks games outcome of the tactic…

If you WATCHed  more than 15 mins of last weeks game, you would see the outcome to date for the kick chase this season  is 67/33 not 50/50… and if you really WATCHed Parras game you’d know most of our kicks were from 20-30m out not 40-50m out…

The very last we needed to give up against Parra was more metres with a contested mid field chip kick…

and it is wholly BDS…
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (265 reputation)Hardcore Fan (265 reputation)Hardcore Fan (265 reputation)Hardcore Fan (265 reputation)Hardcore Fan (265 reputation)Hardcore Fan (265 reputation)Hardcore Fan (265 reputation)Hardcore Fan (265 reputation)Hardcore Fan (265 reputation)Hardcore Fan (265 reputation)Hardcore Fan (265 reputation)

Hopefully we can put the sword through Souffs next week we Owe them a flogging or two actually we owe every team in the NRL a flogging or two for over the last few years what they’ve done to us hopefully this is the beginning .
I am actually starting to hate the sharks the most now never seen a more smugger dirty team at the moment ..: 

Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Don't usually have much sympathy for the opposition....none actually...but did feel a bit for Tannah Boyd. I'd bet a tenner than Tannah had nightmares about Kikau last night. It has been 7 years since I'd seen a Bulldogs' win in person...a mate from the Eastern Suburbs picks which ones we go to. Last year was the one against Newcastle...yep 66-0 and the year before V Parramatta 38-4 or so but yesterday was fantastic. I think the team and coach would be as happy with the zero for the Titans as they would for the 32 points. Therein lies the tale...the new acquisitions are all excellent defenders. The nightmares of Okunbur, Waddell and their pathetic arm grabs are no more. The attack came on the back of defence. The Titans (apart from that early butchered try...why did Brimson want to pass) never looked like scoring. It was good to see Kikau's best game since joining the Dogs but other small bits were equally fine...Mahoney running from dummy half ...Kiraz defusing short kickoffs and dropouts and a very determined try///he was held for all money. Burton was excellent...the Titans never knew where to look or what to expect. Everyone did their bit. Tracy was good too. Very safe and nippy too. The two disallowed tries were certainly dodgy...the second one took so long...it was almost like the bunker were tryng to find a way of taking it off the Dogs. "Where could Burton go?" said Steve Roach and Burton himself was becoming impatient with the delay having had the resultant conversion lined up a good couple of minutes. The lost Captain's Challenge was farcical. "He was only trying to lock up the ball not trying to strip it"...the echoes of bullschite were deafening. Simply put we were robbed. 
Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Great run by Taafe but this play is right out of the Cronulla playbook...pretend you are going for the ball simply to take out the opposition https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2024/03/23/taaffe-with-the-great-escape/

Zef
Zef
Pro

I think the only negative to come out of yesterday is really a confirmation of what’s been suspected by many for a while.

Taafe will have to be replaced at FB.

I say that knowing he brings something good to the team and I think he’s every inch an NRL player, but it’s not at FB. He should be dropped to Reggie’s, and I say sooner rather than later despite the win and the good things he does which are not insignificant. He should go to Reggies and work on becoming a half or even hooker.

Simply because we can’t afford to go through many games and certainly not a season with him being bombed into oblivion. He cannot compete with the elite or even competent ball chasers coming down on him simply because of physique that he can not change.

I think there’s still a place for him at this club and in the NRL team, but it’s half or hooker, perhaps even both at #14.

As for who goes to FB it’s Tracy or Chricton either or centre or FB.
Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 23 Mar 2024 11:02 PM

However, no half in the NRL will be standing shallow to kick against a rampaging Kiks.

We need Preston doing the same on his side.

Kick pressure is an effort area that makes a difference. 

Yes, i like this rule crackdown by the NRL.
Some teams were given way to much "block" latitude and almost created an NFL-like scrimmage.

As someone noted, the rule adjustment doesn't affect us as much as other teams, so its a good change for us.
Marki
Marki
World Class

dman2018 - 24 Mar 2024 1:18 AM
Marki - 23 Mar 2024 9:31 PM

Interestingly you refer to the Parra game.. but no mention of the Sharks games outcome of the tactic…

If you WATCHed  more than 15 mins of last weeks game, you would see the outcome to date for the kick chase this season  is 67/33 not 50/50… and if you really WATCHed Parras game you’d know most of our kicks were from 20-30m out not 40-50m out…

The very last we needed to give up against Parra was more metres with a contested mid field chip kick…

and it is wholly BDS…

Its not all BDS.
BDS is Burtons limited passing ability. 

But I'll credit Burton for what his best kick in the first half yesterday where he shaped to kick his usual bomb from our own 40m to the FB down the left side, yet cross field kicked between the right side winger and FB and found space, which allowed our guys to pin the Titans back.

I felt that kick was his best. It wasnt as high as normal, but found the space and kept rolling away from the winger. 

I like our kick chase tactic. Its one of the standout features of our game. Its probably less effective against very good FBs but can be the difference against weaker or equal level teams to us.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search