BDP

Author
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Zef - 24 Mar 2024 9:51 AM
I think the only negative to come out of yesterday is really a confirmation of what’s been suspected by many for a while.

Taafe will have to be replaced at FB.

I say that knowing he brings something good to the team and I think he’s every inch an NRL player, but it’s not at FB. He should be dropped to Reggie’s, and I say sooner rather than later despite the win and the good things he does which are not insignificant. He should go to Reggies and work on becoming a half or even hooker.

Simply because we can’t afford to go through many games and certainly not a season with him being bombed into oblivion. He cannot compete with the elite or even competent ball chasers coming down on him simply because of physique that he can not change.

I think there’s still a place for him at this club and in the NRL team, but it’s half or hooker, perhaps even both at #14.

As for who goes to FB it’s Tracy or Chricton either or centre or FB.

I agree, Taaffe and Salmon are the only players who haven't impressed me in the first 3 weeks.

Both do some good things and Taaffe is exceptionally good on occasions. It is time for him to practice catching bombs in reserve grade.  Unfortunately we need to move our good young fullback  Papalli to accommodate that. It is a chance for the young bloke to get experience in another position. 

Taaffe might be back once he nails catching bombs. Billy Slater, Drinkwater and Ben Barba were small. A small guy needs excellent timing and technique and he might need to bulk up a bit.

However I can think of one reason why he might not make it, vertical leap and catching the ball in mid-air. That looks easy when good players do it but it takes some power and timing to get up high enough, when he is up there it takes focus and skill to complete the catch. If the issue is confidence, the catches will be easier in reserve grade. 

Taaffe might make a decent halfback but we already have Hutch, Sexton and O’Neill. I don't think that he would be better than them. The case for him making a good hooker is Damien Cook, raw speed at dummy-half is a weapon, he can pass and kick the ball. However the defence at hooker will take some learning. 

Finally there is the no 14 role which also suits BBO, either one might add something to the side while providing additional cover for HIAs. In the modern game HIAs can screw up a game plan and a defensive system fast.

The side gets a real lift when Curran and Mann come on off the bench, it is noticeable in attack and defence. Probably Salmon isn't as bad as he appears to be,  it is harder at the start.

I would be tempted to start Curran and replace Salmon with another mobile big body or even Sexton on the bench.

I would shift Tracey to fullback, that is the easy way to slot Foxy back in and not disturb the left side combination. If we think Taaffe can come back in later Tracey is the better option.

We will see if CC gives Taaffe and Salmon another chance, a win certainly helps their chances. Also if Foxy isn't yet 100% wait until he is before making that change.

Rewatching the game, the rule change to prevent blockers protecting the kicker definitely helps us.

Mitch Moses typically stands very deep when kicking, against Kicks he might be back behind the dead ball line. 😳 
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

I’ll get it out the way nice and early…
if there’s one bloke that can’t lead this Parra side to a comeback today, it’s Mutch Misses…
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

dman2018 - 24 Mar 2024 4:21 PM
I’ll get it out the way nice and early…
if there’s one bloke that can’t lead this Parra side to a comeback today, it’s Mutch Misses…

Mock virus is contagious…
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

The refs seem to be helping Moses.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Good to see we are not the only club that cops BS no try decisions.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

The ref in this Parra / Manly game is a total disgrace.

The Manly equalivent of ODF must be going right off.

Refs just can't handle the crowd pressure at Parra.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I reckon coaches and team captains should have a strategy for when their side is being excessively wrestled.

IMO the captain should approach the ref at the first opportunity.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Just looking back on the game. Fantastic win. So bloody happy. Feels so good after a win. 

Burton just great. Steered the side around the park well. Critta was brilliant, great leader. Kiraz was special, I still think he offers more on the wing but was great in the centres. Hope Ciro will consider moving him to fullback. Presto his normal brilliant hole running and Kiks. Fuck me dead, he was incredible. Just pressure. 

But the reality. We beat a very poor team without some key players coming off a loss and a bye that may be a good chance at getting the spoon. However if we play with that effort and finally get some ref calls going our way we might win enough games to finish closer to the eight then the bottom four. 

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 24 Mar 2024 8:31 PM
Just looking back on the game. Fantastic win. So bloody happy. Feels so good after a win. 

Burton just great. Steered the side around the park well. Critta was brilliant, great leader. Kiraz was special, I still think he offers more on the wing but was great in the centres. Hope Ciro will consider moving him to fullback. Presto his normal brilliant hole running and Kiks. Fuck me dead, he was incredible. Just pressure. 

But the reality. We beat a very poor team without some key players coming off a loss and a bye that may be a good chance at getting the spoon. However if we play with that effort and finally get some ref calls going our way we might win enough games to finish closer to the eight then the bottom four. 

I am not expecting to win every week, but I agree with Zef this is a long overdue identity and direction for the team. Something we can build on.

We have had identity and direction in all of our successful eras, the last one being 2002-2006.

2012 was kind of like a successful mini-era. 2013-2015 we perhaps had a defensive identity but a jumbled direction-less attacking style.

This team has a kick / chase / linespeed / movement/ tackle style best defence we have had since 2015 or perhaps earlier.

I don't think scoring 32 points even against a poor side was a total fluke. We have good organisation, structure and purpose in attack and some dangerous individuals.

Not saying that we can match the top teams, we don't have the squad.

I am saying that our style suits the squad. 

Reflecting on why we are better in attack than previous seasons Hutch is part of that, we now look dangerous left and right, because Hutch throws a good pass. Some of his kicks against the Tits were also good. Kiks being back and Critter and Kiks telling Burton to run are part of that. 

As I said earlier, my only question marks are on Taaffe and Salmon. 

Based on what I have seen so far I am expecting to finish 7th-10th. Or perhaps 12th if we get a few injuries. The difference being how the refs and the opposition perform on the day, plus a bit of luck. Even if we make the finals I think we probably go out week 1.
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

hounddog - 24 Mar 2024 9:28 PM
Micko - 24 Mar 2024 8:31 PM

I am not expecting to win every week, but I agree with Zef this is a long overdue identity and direction for the team. Something we can build on.

We have had identity and direction in all of our successful eras, the last one being 2002-2006.

2012 was kind of like a successful mini-era. 2013-2015 we perhaps had a defensive identity but a jumbled direction-less attacking style.

This team has a kick / chase / linespeed / movement/ tackle style best defence we have had since 2015 or perhaps earlier.

I don't think scoring 32 points even against a poor side was a total fluke. We have good organisation, structure and purpose in attack and some dangerous individuals.

Not saying that we can match the top teams, we don't have the squad.

I am saying that our style suits the squad. 

Reflecting on why we are better in attack than previous seasons Hutch is part of that, we now look dangerous left and right, because Hutch throws a good pass. Some of his kicks against the Tits were also good. Kiks being back and Critter and Kiks telling Burton to run are part of that. 

As I said earlier, my only question marks are on Taaffe and Salmon. 

Based on what I have seen so far I am expecting to finish 7th-10th. Or perhaps 12th if we get a few injuries. The difference being how the refs and the opposition perform on the day, plus a bit of luck. Even if we make the finals I think we probably go out week 1.

Zef loves to make a mountain out of a molehill. But I do agree with him that we are finding our own style with the players we have. We are playing like the club always did when we were strong. 

High work rate, effort, hard defence and winning games without the ball. Moving the ball well and pushing up in support. It’s how we played against Melbourne in the trial. It works well when the opposition isn’t as good as you. 

It’s great coaching by Ciro. It’s how we need to play every game. Now we just need a halfback, a fullback and a couple of props that will also play like that and we will challenge for a title. 

I also think Salmon and Curran interchange well. They have very different styles. Salmon pushes the pass well. But Curran runs more and throws it short. 

But agree with most that Taafe has got to go. Tracey is a much better option. But Kiraz deserves the spot the most from what I have seen. That also gives us a stronger backline. 

Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Micko - 24 Mar 2024 10:57 PM
Zef loves to make a mountain out of a molehill. 

So says the Sack Cirro Bus driver.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

Zef - 25 Mar 2024 8:49 AM
Micko - 24 Mar 2024 10:57 PM

So says the Sack Cirro Bus driver.

I don’t think I have ever said we should sack Ciro. But I do think he won’t see out his contract. Unless of course he signs an experienced halfback and a couple of very good props. 

I always said. We will struggle with an inexperienced coach with inexperienced halves. If we sign an experienced coach or an experienced half. That changes. 

We did well an I hope I’m wrong. We played great footy so far this year. But we are well off the pace. If we can knock over South’s I think I’ll be on the bus though. Lol

Mick O
Mick O
Pro

Just a thought on Taafe. He is the most similar player to young Papali in our squad. That’s why I think he has the spot at fullback. It helps the team in the long run and will make it easy to transition Paps straight in when the time comes. 
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

Just watching the game again. Burtons kicking was great. Every long kick landing about ten meters out. Followed by a great chase. 

Loved the Preston try. Salmon runs the decoy after being first receiver all game. Ball spins out to Burto who plays the second man in Hutch who hits the lead runner Presto. Smart try

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 25 Mar 2024 10:24 AM
Just a thought on Taafe. He is the most similar player to young Papali in our squad. That’s why I think he has the spot at fullback. It helps the team in the long run and will make it easy to transition Paps straight in when the time comes. 

Still early days I am prepared to give Taaffe more time.

I don’t know how good Papalli is under the high ball but he seems like a stronger ball runner.

Under the new rules, kickers and catchers can't be protected by blockers.

Xerri is still getting up to speed in reserve grade. He is the logical replacement for Critter if he moves to fullback.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 25 Mar 2024 11:00 AM
Just watching the game again. Burtons kicking was great. Every long kick landing about ten meters out. Followed by a great chase. 

Loved the Preston try. Salmon runs the decoy after being first receiver all game. Ball spins out to Burto who plays the second man in Hutch who hits the lead runner Presto. Smart try

Yep, that isn't the only example we have a few plays like that most games this season. Don’t always result in a try.

After many seasons the narrative that the side always misses tackles and can't score points is entrenched.

The reality this season is different, we are defending well  and seem to have a plan and a few good plays in attack. 

What we are mostly missing is damaging ball runners and attacking combinations which are a work in progress.

We also need middle forwards with more size who can play longer minutes.

I don't think that the issue is coaching or the halfback, we are simply lacking quality.

Hutch is at least better than any half we have had since 2006. Not in the top 6 halves in the comp, maybe not even top 10. But probably top 3 for defence and consistency. Sexton is potentially better and O'Neil seems like he will be elite.

We will know more after Souths.

I don't mind Taaffe and Knight getting a chance to play against their former club Souths. That can go either way and sometimes it is good for the coach to have a Plan B if the player is struggling. But most players are motivated and generally do well.  In particular, I think Taaffe has a point to prove to many, including himself. 
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

hounddog - 25 Mar 2024 4:19 PM
Xerri is still getting up to speed in reserve grade. He is the logical replacement for Critter if he moves to fullback.

Not so sure of that, in fact barring injuries there mightn’t be a spot for him on the left… and maybe the same for the right.

Remember Fox is coming back in. So if Critter moves to FB most likely Tracy to left center.

Tracy goes to FB, Critter left center.

On the right are the two players I initially thought would be under the most pressure from Xerri… having to play on the right which I’m sure he could.

Kiraz has shown he’s every inch a right center, surprised me. But his defence and ball carrying are intimidating. He’s looking a classic old school Bulldog center in the mould of Chris Mortimer but quicker and more skilful. Doesn’t mean he’s as tough or solid as Mortimer but he’s heading there.

And Wilson hasn’t put a foot wrong and is improving and plenty of room for improvement.

So where does Xerri fit in? And I want him in the side.

Barring injuries it’s gonna take irresistible form and I hope he does it… and unfortunately if I had to make a call it would be at the expense of Wilson… hard to say but there I said it.

But a left with Burton, Kiks, Critter, Fox and a right with Burton (because he IS playing both sides now) Presto, Kiraz and Xerri all the time with Tracy looming both sides is….

…. I see mountains!
intrepidarts
intrepidarts
Super Fan
Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)

Why not relocate the tigers permanently either bite the bullet and play all games at Leichhardt henceforth ensuring upgrades and redevelop or make the journey out to Campbelltown and utilise the growing population in the south west!! Playing 3 games a year doesn't cut it!!
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Zef - 25 Mar 2024 6:31 PM
hounddog - 25 Mar 2024 4:19 PM

Not so sure of that, in fact barring injuries there mightn’t be a spot for him on the left… and maybe the same for the right.

Remember Fox is coming back in. So if Critter moves to FB most likely Tracy to left center.

Tracy goes to FB, Critter left center.

On the right are the two players I initially thought would be under the most pressure from Xerri… having to play on the right which I’m sure he could.

Kiraz has shown he’s every inch a right center, surprised me. But his defence and ball carrying are intimidating. He’s looking a classic old school Bulldog center in the mould of Chris Mortimer but quicker and more skilful. Doesn’t mean he’s as tough or solid as Mortimer but he’s heading there.

And Wilson hasn’t put a foot wrong and is improving and plenty of room for improvement.

So where does Xerri fit in? And I want him in the side.

Barring injuries it’s gonna take irresistible form and I hope he does it… and unfortunately if I had to make a call it would be at the expense of Wilson… hard to say but there I said it.

But a left with Burton, Kiks, Critter, Fox and a right with Burton (because he IS playing both sides now) Presto, Kiraz and Xerri all the time with Tracy looming both sides is….

…. I see mountains!

Good points.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Interesting comments from Mase and his sidekick on the Preston try.

They reckon most teams run the same plays, but the run from Kiks is the key to setting up the try.

The idea is Kiks draws an additional middle forward over to that side.

The Burton at the start of  the next sequence is critical because of his footwork defenders need to engage.

The opposition backrower needs to number up on the middle running outside of Burto (they left that detail out)

Our the back to Hutch with Taaffee sweeping around, we have the numbers and just need to execute.

While Mase seemed to assume the role Hutch played wasn't important, I think that he is the right guy to make the decision and throw the pass.

The play would not work in reverse with Hutch running and Burto passing. Line running also suits Preston and Kiraz.

How can the opposition shut it down? Their fullback hooker and backrower all need to scramble. If they do shut it down we just go back to the left and try to score on that side, or through the middle if a gap opens up.

The good thing about this sequence is it is fairly simple, we can work on a few variations and it doesn't matter how often the opposition has seen it they still need to scramble to stop it. And it really suits our team, the role every player needs to play is a role that suits them and uses their talents.

I think this is why a Burton and Averillo/Flanno halves combination didn't work, the role Hutch plays is underestimated. A half like Sexton should also be able to make the decision and throw the pass.

I think that this also explains why a lot of run opportunities open up for Hutch. Foran jambed in on him, the other option is to back off and trust the cover defence to get to Hutch.  That is where Sexton might improve the side, letting him run would be a bigger risk.

But if Hutch is going to score a try for us, this sequence is his chance, directly and supporting Preston.
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

hounddog - 25 Mar 2024 7:25 PM
Interesting comments from Mase and his sidekick on the Preston try.

They reckon most teams run the same plays, but the run from Kiks is the key to setting up the try.

The idea is Kiks draws an additional middle forward over to that side.

The Burton at the start of  the next sequence is critical because of his footwork defenders need to engage.

The opposition backrower needs to number up on the middle running outside of Burto (they left that detail out)

Our the back to Hutch with Taaffee sweeping around, we have the numbers and just need to execute.

While Mase seemed to assume the role Hutch played wasn't important, I think that he is the right guy to make the decision and throw the pass.

The play would not work in reverse with Hutch running and Burto passing. Line running also suits Preston and Kiraz.

How can the opposition shut it down? Their fullback hooker and backrower all need to scramble. If they do shut it down we just go back to the left and try to score on that side, or through the middle if a gap opens up.

The good thing about this sequence is it is fairly simple, we can work on a few variations and it doesn't matter how often the opposition has seen it they still need to scramble to stop it. And it really suits our team, the role every player needs to play is a role that suits them and uses their talents.

I think this is why a Burton and Averillo/Flanno halves combination didn't work, the role Hutch plays is underestimated. A half like Sexton should also be able to make the decision and throw the pass.

I think that this also explains why a lot of run opportunities open up for Hutch. Foran jambed in on him, the other option is to back off and trust the cover defence to get to Hutch.  That is where Sexton might improve the side, letting him run would be a bigger risk.

But if Hutch is going to score a try for us, this sequence is his chance, directly and supporting Preston.

Exactly. Burton makes Hutch look better because the defence is worried about his running game. Exactly why I want a halfback that’s better to take advantage of it. 
Zef
Zef
Pro

Micko - 25 Mar 2024 10:22 AM
I don’t think I have ever said we should sack Ciro.
So when you said “Sack Ciro bandwagon. Get on board.” You didn’t mean sack Ciro? Or did you mean a different Ciro?

Edited
2 Months Ago by Zef
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Zef - 26 Mar 2024 9:56 AM
Micko - 25 Mar 2024 10:22 AM
So when you said “Sack Ciro bandwagon. Get on board.” You didn’t mean sack Ciro? Or did you mean a different Ciro?

At the start of the season most "so called experts" predicted that we would finish near the bottom of the table.

No one predicted that we would make the 8.

We are still not a star studded highly fancied side, in many are now wondering if the won over the Tits was a fluke or if the Tits are now likely wooden spooners.

However, compared to last season Ciro at least has a chance to prove that he can coach this season.

I have ruled a line through last season and decided to forget about it. With that squad and that injury toll Ciro never had a chance.

We can now see how important Kiks is to the side and why he was a key signing. Last season when some of our players were playing injured they were also criticised.

So far other teams are getting the bad luck with injuries and suspensions and I hope that it stays away from the Dogs.

We also have a much better squad with better depth and I think that is an area of relative advantage.

Burton and Kiks are the only players we will find impossible to replace. Marhoney, Critter, Preston and Kiraz difficult to replace and replacing them would drop our levels. 

However, it isn't like last season when we were virtually playing anyone who could fit into a jersey at one stage. 

So don't judge a coach on one season and don't judge a player on 1-2:games and in both cases consider the quality of the squad.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

zoz2015 - 24 Mar 2024 1:54 AM
Hopefully we can put the sword through Souffs next week we Owe them a flogging or two actually we owe every team in the NRL a flogging or two for over the last few years what they’ve done to us hopefully this is the beginning .
I am actually starting to hate the sharks the most now never seen a more smugger dirty team at the moment ..: 

Not with Sutton on their team.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

hounddog - 24 Mar 2024 6:00 PM
The ref in this Parra / Manly game is a total disgrace.

The Manly equalivent of ODF must be going right off.

Refs just can't handle the crowd pressure at Parra.

Thanks for the compliment hd. You know I have nothing against the refs, except they are useless, incompetent Murray Farquars.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

ODF - 26 Mar 2024 8:47 PM
zoz2015 - 24 Mar 2024 1:54 AM

Not with Sutton on their team.

Bugger. On the other hand he does owe us around 20 games.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Unfortunately I agree that the refereeing and the bunker has been very poor.

Unfortunately mistakes tend to go against the away side on a fairly regular basis at some home grounds.

Worst is uneven treatment of the ruck and wrestle where one team gets away with a lot more,

I think noise cancelling head phones for the refs might deaden some of the crowd noise.

When we come to the bunker that is insulated from the crowd the black and white rules are known by players who game the rules to milk a penalty often in cases where they have no chance making a tackle.

We need to be sure that our decoy runners know the rules .

In defence we need to use good technique and try not to give Sutton too many chances to penalise us.

Kick chase tackle try to keep the ball in play, if the game flows the ref might stay out of it.

Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

hounddog - 26 Mar 2024 3:25 PM
Zef - 26 Mar 2024 9:56 AM

At the start of the season most "so called experts" predicted that we would finish near the bottom of the table.

No one predicted that we would make the 8.

We are still not a star studded highly fancied side, in many are now wondering if the won over the Tits was a fluke or if the Tits are now likely wooden spooners.

However, compared to last season Ciro at least has a chance to prove that he can coach this season.

I have ruled a line through last season and decided to forget about it. With that squad and that injury toll Ciro never had a chance.

We can now see how important Kiks is to the side and why he was a key signing. Last season when some of our players were playing injured they were also criticised.

So far other teams are getting the bad luck with injuries and suspensions and I hope that it stays away from the Dogs.

We also have a much better squad with better depth and I think that is an area of relative advantage.

Burton and Kiks are the only players we will find impossible to replace. Marhoney, Critter, Preston and Kiraz difficult to replace and replacing them would drop our levels. 

However, it isn't like last season when we were virtually playing anyone who could fit into a jersey at one stage. 

So don't judge a coach on one season and don't judge a player on 1-2:games and in both cases consider the quality of the squad.

My friend its too early to pass judgement on early season predictions.

One win doesnt change anything. In fact if you stopped the comp right now, our results will read 1 in 3 and 12th spot, which is just about where everyone thought we would be by seasons end.

Our footy is definitely better than last year but there's still best part of 23 rounds to go. 

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 26 Mar 2024 10:11 PM
hounddog - 26 Mar 2024 3:25 PM

One win doesnt change anything. In fact if you stopped the comp right now, our results will read 1 in 3 and 12th spot, which is just about where everyone thought we would be by seasons end.

Our footy is definitely better than last year but there's still best part of 23 rounds to go. 

I am merely saying that we are moving in the right direction.

I can see definite improvement in attack and defence..

We can't climb into the top 6 in one season.

7-8 is sometimes a matter of luck, even 12th is a good result.

Every season fans and experts prejudge how teams will go.

All 3 games this season we were in it and could have won.

The Eels did have a lot of control of the game and overall deserved to win.

Sharks game the ref gave them some massive  advantages with ref calls and bunker decisions that were clearly wrong.

IMO we were the better side against the Sharks, we lapsed right at the end, still we would not have even been in the game for 10 mins last season. 
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
Zef
Zef
Pro

Marki - 26 Mar 2024 10:11 PM

… or too late.

Judgement on season predictions should be made after… during… the trials.

So I’ve been told.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search