BDP

Author
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Sutton to ref SOO with time off between games.

Starting now.
Edited
5 Months Ago by hounddog
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

hounddog - 28 Apr 2024 9:57 PM
Micko - 28 Apr 2024 9:16 PM

Top 4 teams, Sharks,  Storm, Panthers and Broncos  , plus Roosters are a class above us.

Good sides hd, but I wouldn't say a class above us. Last year definitely.
Gus and CC have cobbled together a team of hard working, experienced and hardened genuine first grade players with sprinkling of X factors and other promising talent. If we get it together on game day, no opposition is comfortable. Remember, a champion team is better than a team of champions.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

ODF - 29 Apr 2024 8:06 PM
hounddog - 28 Apr 2024 9:57 PM

Good sides hd, but I wouldn't say a class above us. Last year definitely.
Gus and CC have cobbled together a team of hard working, experienced and hardened genuine first grade players with sprinkling of X factors and other promising talent. If we get it together on game day, no opposition is comfortable. Remember, a champion team is better than a team of champions.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we are going to have a good season and that we can beat some of those sides in some games.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 29 Apr 2024 6:24 PM
dman2018 - 29 Apr 2024 4:44 PM

Even Critter is no certainty, they may play Teddy at fullback and Turbo in the centres.

I would play Turbo at fullback, perhaps play Teddy at 14.

Staggs and Best are other centre candidates.

Foxy close to a certain selection.

Hutch halfback, captain, bus driver, banker, coach, ballroom dancing instructor and social organiser.

( Hutch buys the beers - the job description throws QLD off the track)

You and your crazy 14s... and 9s... And 13s... And... Only the creators of that 1  l2 3 4 5 6 pinball thing thing on Sesame St ingested more mushrooms...

Teddy's been 100 times better at this stage than last year..  is going nowhere esp. as captain... though I'd prefer Turbo not at FB if I was QLD...

Best has been very good but far from his best most if this season .. Staggs is more miss than hit...  Critter's a cert for mine with Turbo licence to roam from centre or wing...

As for Hutch the social organiser, the only greater handbrake would be my missus... But if it's his shout, I'm in... He would dominate the ballroom dancing with the 'slow and go'' (credit to whomever came up with that on TK, someone there had to come up with something other than **** eventually)...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 29 Apr 2024 11:41 PM
hounddog - 29 Apr 2024 6:24 PM

You and your crazy 14s... and 9s... And 13s... And... Only the creators of that 1  l2 3 4 5 6 pinball thing thing on Sesame St ingested more mushrooms...

Teddy's been 100 times better at this stage than last year..  is going nowhere esp. as captain... though I'd prefer Turbo not at FB if I was QLD...

Best has been very good but far from his best most if this season .. Staggs is more miss than hit...  Critter's a cert for mine with Turbo licence to roam from centre or wing...

As for Hutch the social organiser, the only greater handbrake would be my missus... But if it's his shout, I'm in... He would dominate the ballroom dancing with the 'slow and go'' (credit to whomever came up with that on TK, someone there had to come up with something other than **** eventually)...

New series, new coach, I think that there will be team changes.

Will be looking for workrate in the forwards. 

Yardage and tackle busting ability in the outside backs. 

Teddy, Cook and RCG are the players most likely to be left out of the starting line up and perhaps the 17.

In the forwards I think a few smaller high workrate players will be in contention, Curran might get a run due to consistency, workrate and versatility.

I actually prefer no Dogs players to be selected, but the players all want a chance and sometimes come back better players.
Edited
5 Months Ago by hounddog
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

When they talk about the passion of fans, Souths are always mentioned as one of the most passionate- the “random Souths fan” blah blah blah.

We’ve had a decade of disappointment, Souths 12 months. Yet in our decade of disappointment, I doubt we’ve had a smaller crowd for any one game than Souths have there tonight against the 3 time f***in’ reigning premiers.
Edited
4 Months Ago by Zef
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

The big tell is The Burrow and the cheers and boos. You can count how many are in The Buurow by the tens. 

And the cheering and booing is all for The Panthers. There’s more Panther fans there for a Souths home game.

We are the best supported Sydney team, we prove it at our worst.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Zef - 2 May 2024 9:04 PM
When they talk about the passion of fans, Souths are always mentioned as one of the most passionate- the “random Souths fan” blah blah blah.

We’ve had a decade of disappointment, Souths 12 months. Yet in our decade of disappointment, I doubt we’ve had a smaller crowd for any one game than Souths have there tonight against the 3 time f***in’ reigning premiers.

After this loss a few stray dogs might wander in next home game.

A Souths loss is nearly as good as a Parra loss.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Luai very ordinary this game.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I am glad poor old Wayne doesn't need to go on the pension. 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 3 May 2024 7:11 PM
I am glad poor old Wayne doesn't need to go on the pension. 

But will he be able to handle coaching 3-4 teams at the same time???...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Zef - 2 May 2024 9:04 PM

They are right up there with the best of Fairweather fans including Sharts, Rorters, and Swans...
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Looking good in reserves. Sexton clearly too good at this level. O’Neill however is another year away. Todd is ready. Kitone is similar. Papali needs a chance soon. 

Great reserves team. Defence so solid. Very similar to first grade. 

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Playing 18 again today...
2 leg pulls in the set Critter made a break and nothing....
Have we had a set in D where we haven't give away a penalty or 6 again???...
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

This is embarrassing 
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Dogs playing 2023 style footy.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

ODF - 4 May 2024 3:42 PM
Dogs playing 2023 style footy.

Exactly. Very poor effort. The Tigers are close to the worst defensive team in the comp. But we keep refusing to go through the middle. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 4 May 2024 3:46 PM
ODF - 4 May 2024 3:42 PM

Exactly. Very poor effort. The Tigers are close to the worst defensive team in the comp. But we keep refusing to go through the middle. 

We need to go up a few gears.

Our spine isn't organising the side well or finishing sets well.

We are missing Tracey.

Too many errors. 

At least the lead is only 2 try's away.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I expected a big effort from the Tigers, we need to learn how to win these games.

No point in only firing up for the top teams.
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hacker
Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)

Tigers showing ticker  always a danger game after last weeks win over Knights ..
Hopefully CC fires them up second half ..Need more creativity close to their line . 

Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan
Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)

hounddog - 4 May 2024 3:50 PM

We are missing Tracey.

Too many errors. 

Tigers have made more errors, 5 to our 3. We are clunky and flat. Need to lift and go on with it.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

We are missing Tracey.

Too many errors. 

We have the points in us but our effort in defence is more of the problem. There have been too many breaks and half breaks in the middle from the Tigers. It’s so embarrassing when the Tigers are the worst team in the comp. 

They are putting in more effort than we are. This will be our first big loss

zoz2015
zoz2015
Hacker
Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)

hounddog - 4 May 2024 3:51 PM
I expected a big effort from the Tigers, we need to learn how to win these games.

No point in only firing up for the top teams.

The bye looks like it broke bit of momentum they had .. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Overall we only played realy well for 25 mins, but put on 16 points in that time,

That game was a bit of a farce for the last 10 minutes. 

Definitely a bit rusty after the bye.

2 valuable comp points.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Excellent discipline on both sides of ball in second half... Good effort against a desperate team... Ref pretty good in the end...
Hutch only one tackle on the 4th against 11 men... But the D was in his face... 
ODF
ODF
Pro

It's good to see the intensity lift in the second half. The bumker is still a worry. Once again, not one bunker decision went in our favour, and I thonk it was sutton in the bunker.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Best of all, our fans got to sledge  Klemmer who was binned for extreme stupidity and total lack of discipline.

Has to be the dummest binning of the season.
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hacker

hounddog - 4 May 2024 5:01 PM
Best of all, our fans got to sledge  Klemmer who was binned for extreme stupidity and total lack of discipline.

Has to be the dummest binning of the season.

He was such a big promise when he was with us .. could had been the best forward around . When you take the money and run does not always work out .. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

zoz2015 - 4 May 2024 5:06 PM
hounddog - 4 May 2024 5:01 PM

He was such a big promise when he was with us .. could had been the best forward around . When you take the money and run does not always work out .. 

I agree.

But his career started to got south after him and Jimmy Graham lost the plot after a dubious ref decision. 

Was ordinary towards the end of his time with us.

When the going got tough he showed his true character. 
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

Micko - 4 May 2024 3:59 PM

We have the points in us but our effort in defence is more of the problem. There have been too many breaks and half breaks in the middle from the Tigers. It’s so embarrassing when the Tigers are the worst team in the comp. 

They are putting in more effort than we are. This will be our first big loss

I think I mocked us into victory. lol. 

Night and day halves of footy. Great effort from us in that second half. Extra effort in defence. Backing up in attack. Pushed well through the middle. This team is playing a special brand of footy. And is fitter than any team we have played this year. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search